what is your single greatest video game moment?

• 68 results
BRTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have had tons, but top two right now in my mind was beating dark souls and i won a 7v1 on a world of tanks pub (only 2 of them could pen me easily but im still proud about it)

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 21

Beating someone in SF4 at PaX East was pretty cool.

Chojin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Chojin

Being summoned by the Old Monk to play as the boss against another player in Tower of Latria in Demon's Souls. I didn't know it could happen beforehand and was literally shaking after the 20-30 min battle. Åsum!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

hmm. Back in the 90s, I got one of the highest scores in the world on the original Tetris for GameBoy. I still remember that fondly. I've come close to repeating it, but haven't ever really gotten there again.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

Hhmm. I'm not sure if we are talking about the greatest experience or greatest achievement. I wouldn't say I've ever done anything especially great in a game. I kind of suck at games. As far as great experiences I'll share a couple -

1. Walking out of the dungeon in the beginning of Oblivion. I hate those games but just the sense of wonder was one of a kind.

2. The second act twist in Bioshock.

3. The twist at the end of Spec Ops: The Line

4. Playing Call of Duty for the first time and seeing dozens of enemies and allies all fighting around me. Nothing like it at the time.

5. In The Witcher in the second act when the Elves I had saved in the first act ended up killing the guy I needed to talk to. The whole idea of there being unknown and major consequences to your actions was just super cool.

6. The ending of Braid

7. And I guess this isn't a single moment, but playing Half Life 2 when it first came out was one of the defining experiences of my life. My career path, my philosophies of art and game design were pretty much all cemented when I played that game.

markem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing GTA SA for the first time after being handed the PS2 controller (right after it came out). Drove, got the cops after me and opened the door to get out of the car. Cop on bike hits it, goes flying. That moment showed me the wonders of open-world gaming.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Twiggy199

Decoding Fez, being the first none RedlynX gamer tag to be on the inferno leader boards on trials HD or beating the Four Kings on DarkSouls.

Gonna go with decoding Fez.

EDIT: My time i beleive was 1min 3secs with 3 faults, i was #1 for ages!

davidrynes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most intense moments I´ve got in DayZ with my buddies, but the greatest single moment is probably like others beating Mario on NES. Then also like one of there the ending of ChronoTrigger and also moments from Final Fantasy series (1-9) and Metal Gear Solid. It´s so many great moments what I have in videogames generaly. And for that I will never abandon them.

Zlimness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By Zlimness

Getting the Knife Efficiency stamp in Battlefield 1943. You had to kill 4 dudes with a knife in a single match. It's a lot harder to melee someone in BF1943 compared to BF3. There's usually an opportunity to get 1-2 knife kills, but in order to get 4, you have to play the game differently.

Finishing Metal Slug 1 without dying once. It's not hard to get to the final level without dying. But the last mission is a mother-effer.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Rick_Fingers

Hard to pick between the following 3:

Winning a UT (original) tournament that consisted of deathmatch and team stuff when I was a kid - even won some prize money.

Being a part of a clan that topped the online CS league in Australia, then again in CSS.

Getting a 38 kill streak as a Spy in TF2. It was a pub server, but with some decent players - I was just absolutely on fire (map was badwater and I was using default equipment because fuck the Dead Ringer)

Honestly, the last one is probably my favourite, as I love the psychological aspect of playing spy a lot more than the actual aiming and shooting stuff, especially as I get older

(also sorry if this sounds braggy, honestly not meant to be, I was just a horribly obsessed depressed teenager that would skip school to sit home on the PC. Thankfully I've gotten married and promptly gotten shit at games haha)

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edging out Gwyn or maybe beating the final level of Super Meat Boy. So exhilarating!

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godlyawesomeguy said:

Acting like the fucking predator in Crysis and doing the coolest shit (e.g. cloaking, going prone, and shooting the tires off of moving humvees, and them flippinging) gave me thrills like no other. Goddamn, that was the best gameplay I've experienced in my memory.

@mark said:

Playing GTA SA for the first time after being handed the PS2 controller (right after it came out). Drove, got the cops after me and opened the door to get out of the car. Cop on bike hits it, goes flying. That moment showed me the wonders of open-world gaming.

I love these posts!

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Finishing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 on the NES a few times back when I was a kid and discovering a few years ago, online, that its apparantly a hard game!

Aelric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Com Ironman on hard in recent days. Lost about all the funding towards the end, so I had to crawl towards final research and beat it with a bunch of squadies. That last level was a meat grinder, literally only my psi-op survived.

Another, though not the hardest thing I did, was Crawmarax in Borderlands with one of my friends. We were woefully underleveled and must have taken that goddamn elevator a few hundred times, but we just wouldn't quit. I was lackadaisically shooting him, just about ready to give up, when my friend starts cheering like a madman through skype and guns start raining from the sky. It was great.

Long ago, after suffering all the terribleness in Fade to Black (the Flashback sequel), I remember beating my goddamn chest like an ape when I beat it, not because it was a great acomploshment of skill, but rather patience. That's what happens when you have only one game and you are 15.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Most Rewarding? Beating Demon's Souls for the first time.

Favorite of all time? Getting through Journey with an amazing person(s) I never knew, and having one of those life-changing experiences.

tonyp2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got ranked number 9 in an old obscure arcade game. Aside from that the coolest "Oh shit" usually happen when I play battlefield or other online games. The most recent moment I can think of in a single player game that got me so pumped had to be the mission in Saints Row 3 where you crash a party by jumping out of a helicopter while "Power" played through the background, that moment was so many kinds of awesome I can't begin to describe it.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I felt pretty good about some of my battle victories against Medieval 2 Total War... I guess the one that stands out to me most was one over the Lithuanians as the Teutonic Knights where I ran every damned unit I have down to near dying to kill those fuckers off.

MikeBurdock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Releasing Morte from his personal torment and getting his upgrades. Actually, it's a toss-up between him and Dak'kon.

A completely different but equally enjoyable moment was getting in the top 3 of my team successfully defending Dustbowl in TFC as a pyro.

ReaperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beating Devil May Cry 3 on Hard Mode for the first time.

And I ain't talkin' 'bout no Special Edition Hard Mode, I'm talkin' straight up first European release Hard Mode. The complete masochistic package.

Oh, and catching all the Pokemon on Blue/Red for the first time. So many double A batteries...

bananaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man. There are so many.

Playing Portal 2's co-op campaign with my best friend using split screen. We used every dance and handshake and hug and we meant it, man.