• 117 results
CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Ah yes video games. How we all love them. However sometimes, we love them a bit too much that it's safe to say that we all have some sort of video game OCD in some instances.

For some of you it may be one of the following,

• In Super Mario, you have to jump and catch the wand before it hits the ground after defeating a boss. It hits the ground, and you have failed. Might as well turn it off.
  • In a game like the Legend of Zelda, you pick up every single Rupee, heart, bomb and the likes. Even though they are full and have been full for ages.
  • In a FPS, you have full ammo and have slayed every enemy in the room... yet you can't leave their weapon there, so you fire off a round, reload, and then pick up their weapon for ammo.
  • In an RPG like Diablo 2 or so, you pick up every available item, warp back to town, sell them, and then go back and repeat, even though you don't need the money.
  • In Super Mario 64 i long jump instead of running as i believe its faster. In Zelda OoT, i roll everywhere as i also believe its faster.
  • If you are playing Tony Hawk 2 and have started a good combo and bail, you might chose retry level.

These are some of the ones that i have had over the years. What are some that you guys have?
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

When given the choice, always take the wrong path. 

Plus in survival horror games, it's an absolute must that I ''investigate/examine/observe/stare/drool'' everything possible. 

Also more recently, I find it very addicting to jump about in Borderlands.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Hitchenson

I've got clinical OCD for which I see a councilor twice a week. Does this count?

Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Goly

In adventure games you starty clicking every single pixel there is.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By KowalskiManDown
@Abyssfull said:
"

"
Dude, yes!
allprox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By allprox

I constantly hit the reload button just in case my clip is not full.
I explore every optional path before moving on.
I will stop using a fully leveled up weapon so I can level another one.
I break every breakable object I pass.
I loot everything.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bed

ALWAYS reload after killing an enemy or group of enemies. i reload constantly (even when i don't even need to) which is why i got the Killzone 2's "reload manually 150 times" trophy so damn fast.  

@Abyssfull said: 

Plus in survival horror games, it's an absolute must that I ''investigate/examine/observe/stare/drool'' everything possible. 

this too. 
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Abyssfull said:
"

"
I do both of these things always.  The second applies also to any non-linear game.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Allprox said:
" I constantly hit the reload button just in case my clip is not full.   
 I explore every optional path before moving on.  
  I will stop using a fully leveled up weapon so I can level another one.  
  I break every breakable object I pass.   
 I loot everything. "
Dude, you complete me :P   i'll add some more to that list 
  • Everytime i enter a hall or room or a yard etc... i must look around and espicially know what sort of roof/sky im under 
  • I blow up ANY red barrel or gas tank i see 
  • I almost always look for the tricks or the catch, and rarely believe what im supposed to believe..
riffingt0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By riffingt0n

After killing any boss in the original NES Ninja Gaiden, I must wall hop/climb to the top of the screen, jump off, and slash *just* as the screen freezes to go dark, so I'm as high as you can be for an action pose.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By sixghost
@Abyssfull said:
"

Also more recently, I find it very addicting to jump about in Borderlands.

"
Same. It really irritates me whenever there are two paths and I'm not sure which path will actually advance me through the level. I'm always paranoid that I'm missing something huge, and I end up going back if the first path takes more than 30 seconds - 1minute without getting me to a dead end.
xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By xMP44x
  • I use things to make the game more intense and yet, more difficult for myself. 
  • I compulsively reload. But only when the number for my total ammo left ends in either a 0 or a 5. 
  • I insist on driving generally in games such as Halo.
  • I prefer helping my team kill people in games such as Bad Company, but I get annoyed when I get an assist in Call of Duty.
  • I buy designs off the Forza Auction House to make my cars look more racing-ready.

What I posted actually makes it look like I have fully fledged OCD, rather than just gaming OCD. Damn... feels bad man. But the thing is: I don't have OCD. I just do things compulsively for no reason whatsoever.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Video_Game_King

Every time I boot up Phantom Brave, I play one practice round on the easy maps, even though I've already a decent understanding of the game. Also, it's episode 15. Out of 20.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RobotHamster
@Abyssfull said:
"

When given the choice, always take the wrong path. "

This is definitely is on the top of my list.
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By JoelTGM

I played F.E.A.R. on the hardest difficulty, and because there was no regenerating health, and because you had that slow motion ability, I wouldn't allow myself to take unnecessary damage.  So if I ever got hit by a bullet I'd reload the last save.

Roflwaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Roflwaffles

I could not stop playing Fallout 3 until I had created the perfect character.

Canberra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Canberra

I reload unnecessarily. 
Also I'm obsessed with being quiet in any shooter if i can.    

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CornontheCobbe
@DOUBLESHOCK said:
" I played F.E.A.R. on the hardest difficulty, and because there was no regenerating health, and because you had that slow motion ability, I wouldn't allow myself to take unnecessary damage.  So if I ever got hit by a bullet I'd reload the last save. "
Wow. Now that's what i call OCD!
bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By bonbolapti

In rpgs like FFVI and FFVII every new materia or magicite I got, I would just sit there and grind to level them up, before I'd continue to the next thing.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By natetodamax

I check every single corner of whatever area I'm in and I reload everytime I kill something.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

I always reload all the time in FPSs. Also, don't really know how to describe it, but on 2D side scrollers, always jumping when you hit the last screen. So, like in Sonic, seeing how high you can jump when you pass that metal turnstile thingy. Same for Megaman and Metal Slug, etc.

Izaak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Izaak
I have but one unbreakable rule:
  • I  cannot and shall not play with a greasy controller / Keyboard & mouse. And will always wash my hands after eating so I don't get anything on my controller.  
DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DeShawn2ks

In a RPG I have to talk to every da** person in town.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DeShawn2ks
@bonbolapti:  Crap I do this one too.
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By animateria

MUST FINISH THE MAP!

And I really reload way too often.

I also have a tendency to be stuck on the character creation screen for hours, you don't want to know how many times I restarted Mass Effect 2, and watched that stupid unskippable cutscene just to tweek my Shepard's looks...

chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#26  Edited By chstupid

I must have a pistol if it's a shooting game because pistols are badass
gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gike987

In PC game i quicksave all the time even if i don't need to. I always keep my hand on the quicksave button.
I alway open all the doors on a map (even if it's two doors leading into the same room).

Camurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Camurai

All of the ones in OP
as well as reloading after every kill in shooters. 
In a lot of open world games i always strive to get to the highest point on the map

rathantoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By rathantoras

Oblivion quicksaving, i got so used to doing it i used to press F5 before i opened the internet browser or installed something etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Constant Reload. 
Constant weapon switch (mostly in Counterstrike, just to hear the noise of the gun when i cock it) 
Once I know which path to go,  i take the other. 
Constantly collect rupees when my wallet is full. 
Break every box. 
Fire a bullet to pick up the extra ammo. 
In games like Half life, if I pass a health station with full health, then 5 minutes later i lose just one health point, I have to go back and refill. 

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By penguindust

I'm playing Fallout 3 on the PC (didn't get too far into it on the 360) and I've noticed that my OCD is in full gear in this game, same as it was in Dragon Age and the original Mass Effect.  I check every box and every container multiple times.  I guess I am always worried that I missed a chest and so I recheck them all to make sure.  I'll leave the area and if I have to come back, I'll recheck all the crates.  The same is true of bodies if they are persistent.  If something might contain loot, I'm gonna make sure I cover every nook and cranny for the spoils of battle.  The funny thing is, I can't carry all that stuff (well I could carry a lot in ME1)  so I wind up discarding or returning items in hope of recovering them later, which by then, I've found something better.  Still, I need to know for certain that I've not missed a thing.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#32  Edited By Yummylee
@PenguinDust said:
"I'm playing Fallout 3 on the PC (didn't get too far into it on the 360) and I've noticed that my OCD is in full gear in this game, same as it was in Dragon Age and the original Mass Effect.  I check every box and every container multiple times.  I guess I am always worried that I missed a chest and so I recheck them all to make sure.  I'll leave the area and if I have to come back, I'll recheck all the crates.  The same is true of bodies if they are persistent.  If something might contain loot, I'm gonna make sure I cover every nook and cranny for the spoils of battle.  The funny thing is, I can't carry all that stuff (well I could carry a lot in ME1)  so I wind up discarding or returning items in hope of recovering them later, which by then, I've found something better.  Still, I need to know for certain that I've not missed a thing. "

You and me...we're the same!
You and me...we're the same!
Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a tendency to hoard ammo.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Burns098356GX

Currently Im working Forza 3, getting the solid gold achievement. That means win every race event. Its gotta be like 200 events.

Korne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By Korne

I always tend to look both ways when entering a new room. If there are pillars, I will look behind them. If there is a nook, I will find it and make sure there is nothing there. In Persona 4, I will ignore the path leading to the next floor until I have explored the rest of the current floor. I've been doing this since FFVI. I have no clue why, it is a waste of time, but I still do it. 

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#36  Edited By Astras

Playing RPG's I never use any potions, herbs or anything consumable... I always think i'll save them for a rainy day.. that never comes/ or the items become obselete.

Korne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Korne

I will also do every side quest that I find... and this is the reason I tend to not play Bioware RPGs. I love the ideas behind the games, but the sidequests are suicide (in real life).
Korne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Korne
@Astras said:
"Playing RPG's I never use any potions, herbs or anything consumable... I always think i'll save them for a rainy day.. that never comes/ or the items become obselete. "
This is me with Tents. I never use them... but I know I probably should.
confinedbread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By confinedbread
Fallout 3 brings my gaming OCD to a magnificent crescendo.  I horde ever weapon I can, never selling any guns or bullets (even though I have 14 fully repaired Chinese Assault Rifles and close to 50,000 rounds). I also have major OCD when it comes to karma and moral choices. I cannot let my karma be neutral, I always have to play all the way good or all the way bad (It was a dark day in megaton when I decided to switch from Very Good to Very Evil)/
@Astras
said:
" Playing RPG's I never use any potions, herbs or anything consumable... I always think i'll save them for a rainy day.. that never comes/ or the items become obselete. "
Same thing here, I have hundreds of stimpacks, and more drugs than I could ever use at this point. I always find somewhere to sleep instead of using stimpacks, and I'm too scared of addiction to use the drugs, even though addiction doesn't really do anything bad, and at this point I have enough product to fuel an addiction for a couple hundred years.
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#40  Edited By sjschmidt93

In stealth games, I can't get seen. If I do, I either a) get myself purposely killed or b) load the last save.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#41  Edited By Brackynews
@Hitchenson said:

" I've got clinical OCD for which I see a councilor twice a week. Does this count? "

I hear ya brother.  Just ignore 'em.  Their ilk will move on to find another buzzword to misuse.  
Before "OCD" it was "schizo".  "Dude, feelin' schizo cuz I can't decide between burgers or durgers."
I vote the next one is "pathic". As in sociopathic, empathic, mappathic...  Playing MW2 makes me totally pathic!

And for the record, I've met people that have indeed washed their fingerprints off, though I'm a checker not a cleaner.  If you're reading this and have got no idea what I'm talking about then STFU about OCD! :P
nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By nick_verissimo

When I started playing the Mega Man X series I forced myself to keep my buster cannon charged constantly.  That's probably universal, but I couldn't move a single step without charging.  To that end in any game where the jumping seems faster then the walking, even with that half second delay before you can move again, I'll always be jumping every I go.  And ya, I like to grind out levels, so I like to max out everything I can in any game with those mechanics...which is pretty much every game these days.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Brunchies

I always reload after I killed something and I break every box in the room hoping to find something. In rpgs, I always talk to everyone in the towns to.
@Abyssfull said:

"

I also do this the most out of every game.
Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I have serious Mario OCD. I want every coin and every One-Up I see, no matter how long ago I hit the 99 lives cap.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PillClinton

Back when I was playing Tony Hawk 3 on ps2, a bail meant an automatic retry haha

And in RPGs, I'm very obsessive about checking every corner and alternate path for any possible form of loot.

bigall94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By bigall94

1. I constantly reload like many people. but that's because I suck at shooters and hate dying.  
2.In an RPG, if I lose one battle and I can go back, I will grind for an hour no matter what. Final Fantasy has trained my mind to do this. It is NEVER the fault that I don't go out of the way to get the best armor or skills. 
3. Back when I used to play Star Wars Battlefront 2, I would A. turn on invinciblity and B. always play the following maps in this order: Kashyyyk Rebels with a sniper on that sweet perch, Dagobah Empire first person because it's cool, Mos Eisley Assault (CLASSIC) and even though Dark Side had better characters, I could NEVER win as them, and I cap it off with a random space battle where I go straight for the enemy ship, disable everything, and then fly around like a maniac until my team wins.

Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#47  Edited By Siphillis
@Hitchenson said:
" I've got clinical OCD for which I see a councilor twice a week. Does this count? "
I imagine that might actually extend into your gaming, wouldn't it?
JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JB16
  • I reload after EVERY firefight.
  •  In RPGs I never start another fight no matter how easy it is unless my health bar is like 98% full.
  • Back when I was a kid and I played pokemon 24 hours a day I always had to beat gary in the first fight. If I didn't then I would turn it off and start over.
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Hitchenson
@Siphillis said:
" @Hitchenson said:
I imagine that might actually extend into your gaming, wouldn't it? "
Only some weird things like I'll have to keep going over menu options again and again to set them to default after I've been on a game. Quite annoying considering I might change the controls and that and then spend the next 20 minutes making sure they're back to their default settings before getting off. 
RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RIDEBIRD

I tend to reload extremely often as pretty much everyone else, just something from some old game reminding me to never go into a firefight with an half empty clip. Quicksave after everything. One of my many issues with console games is that I can't quicksave.  

In RPGs I do pretty much everything. And I have a strong urge to complete one town or whatever, everything in it, and then move on to the next. Just Cause 2 have brought this thing to full blown proportions. If I visit one location and it's 0% completed, that's fine. But man oh man I hate picking up one weapon upgrade and getting like 10% completed or whatever, because then I REALLY must do all the shit there and get it to 100%. 

There are 2700 locations in Just Cause 2.