What I've been playing...

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

Edited By StarFoxA

So this past week I've had a lot of new games to enjoy: The World Ends With You, Elite Beat Agents, Castle Crashers, and Burnout Paradise. I'll start with The World Ends With You, which I have probably been playing the most. I'm not sure how many hours I've racked up, but it has to be around 20 or 30 hours. This game is great. I really got into it about five or six hours in, after I finally caught on (for the most part) to the dual-screen gameplay. I still don't fully get it; it must be impossible to match cards of certain suits in a poker-like minigame while rapidly mashing the D-pad, slashing like crazy at the touch screen, and yelling into the microphone. I finished the game yesterday, probably, and I have to say, the story is absolutely amazing. There were twists at the end that I can say I did not expect at all. Now that I'm done with the game, I'm shocked at the amount of replayability as well, as RPGs usually don't have a great amount of replayability. So, yeah, this game is awesome.

Castle Crashers I bought on Sunday of last week. Actually, my friend logged into my account and bought it. But, whatever, I wanted it anyway. I tried playing through a few missions on my own, but was bored out of my skull, so I hopped online. I was hooked. I now have successfully gathered every achievement except for the two multiplayer ones. I'm definitely going to enjoy this game for a while, as I am pretty decent at it (I almost managed to beat my friend, who is level 80, for the princess). One thing, though, the game is very glitched up at times. My friend and I found a funny glitch while we were playing; if you manage to slash off someone's head, but if they use a potion in the split second before they hit the ground, they survive save for their head. Despite the glitches, this game is really fun.

Burnout Paradise I probably put about 10 hours or so into. I mainly played a lot of Free Roam, smashed through fences, and broke billboards. I did manage to do a few things, like a 2x barrel roll, 20 takedowns in a row, a 360 flatspin, and a couple more. I'm definitely going to have to pick up the toy cars and legendary cars DLC sometime, despite the huge about of people online using these cars. Elite Beat Agents is the game that I probably have played the least this past week. I still completely suck at the game; the only song I can do actually well is Walkie Talkie Man (which is pretty catchy). But whatever, I'm getting better.

All of the demos released on the Xbox Live Marketplace this week have been interesting too. I think the demo I had the most fun with was the Wheelman demo. Honestly, it seems a lot like the craziness of 50 Cent. Meleeing with your car? Check. Spinning completely around and using a pistol to blow up cars? Check. This demo is pretty fun, so I might rent it at least. I did try out the Watchmen demo as well, and I actually found it pretty fun. I definitely would not pay $20 for a game as short as I have been hearing, but if it was more like $10, I might consider buying it. Wanted: Weapons of Fate was another one I tried out. I will not be buying this game. The shooting was so fractured; it seemed like the developers tried to take a lot of ideas from Gears of War, but were not executed as well as Epic Games did it. The adrenaline tricks are pretty cool, though, but this is not a game that I would pay full price for.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By StarFoxA

So this past week I've had a lot of new games to enjoy: The World Ends With You, Elite Beat Agents, Castle Crashers, and Burnout Paradise. I'll start with The World Ends With You, which I have probably been playing the most. I'm not sure how many hours I've racked up, but it has to be around 20 or 30 hours. This game is great. I really got into it about five or six hours in, after I finally caught on (for the most part) to the dual-screen gameplay. I still don't fully get it; it must be impossible to match cards of certain suits in a poker-like minigame while rapidly mashing the D-pad, slashing like crazy at the touch screen, and yelling into the microphone. I finished the game yesterday, probably, and I have to say, the story is absolutely amazing. There were twists at the end that I can say I did not expect at all. Now that I'm done with the game, I'm shocked at the amount of replayability as well, as RPGs usually don't have a great amount of replayability. So, yeah, this game is awesome.

Castle Crashers I bought on Sunday of last week. Actually, my friend logged into my account and bought it. But, whatever, I wanted it anyway. I tried playing through a few missions on my own, but was bored out of my skull, so I hopped online. I was hooked. I now have successfully gathered every achievement except for the two multiplayer ones. I'm definitely going to enjoy this game for a while, as I am pretty decent at it (I almost managed to beat my friend, who is level 80, for the princess). One thing, though, the game is very glitched up at times. My friend and I found a funny glitch while we were playing; if you manage to slash off someone's head, but if they use a potion in the split second before they hit the ground, they survive save for their head. Despite the glitches, this game is really fun.

Burnout Paradise I probably put about 10 hours or so into. I mainly played a lot of Free Roam, smashed through fences, and broke billboards. I did manage to do a few things, like a 2x barrel roll, 20 takedowns in a row, a 360 flatspin, and a couple more. I'm definitely going to have to pick up the toy cars and legendary cars DLC sometime, despite the huge about of people online using these cars. Elite Beat Agents is the game that I probably have played the least this past week. I still completely suck at the game; the only song I can do actually well is Walkie Talkie Man (which is pretty catchy). But whatever, I'm getting better.

All of the demos released on the Xbox Live Marketplace this week have been interesting too. I think the demo I had the most fun with was the Wheelman demo. Honestly, it seems a lot like the craziness of 50 Cent. Meleeing with your car? Check. Spinning completely around and using a pistol to blow up cars? Check. This demo is pretty fun, so I might rent it at least. I did try out the Watchmen demo as well, and I actually found it pretty fun. I definitely would not pay $20 for a game as short as I have been hearing, but if it was more like $10, I might consider buying it. Wanted: Weapons of Fate was another one I tried out. I will not be buying this game. The shooting was so fractured; it seemed like the developers tried to take a lot of ideas from Gears of War, but were not executed as well as Epic Games did it. The adrenaline tricks are pretty cool, though, but this is not a game that I would pay full price for.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

Ah man, you have some good taste! TWEWY, EBA, and Castle Crashers! thats an awesome lineup dude.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By StarFoxA

I'm really selective about the games I buy most of the time. I don't buy a game unless I'm positive I'll enjoy it. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

StarFoxA said:
"I'm really selective about the games I buy most of the time. I don't buy a game unless I'm positive I'll enjoy it. :D"
Yeah, I've only recently purchased Burnout Paradise myself.  I'm pretty satisfied with it.  Just got my Elite License last night.  Gold cars are a nice reward, but after a while their impression fades.

I haven't played online much.  Seems fun, though.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By AgentJ

Make sure you go pick up Castlevania OOE. I think you'll love it, having great taste and all. Lots of replay value too.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By StarFoxA

I've been meaning to pick it up for some time. I loved POR and DOS.

Downsize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Downsize

Watchmen should be around $10.00 I agree.  Would probably see more downloads at that price.  Then again, a lot of DLC on the marketplace seems overpriced in my opinion.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By StarFoxA

Yeah, map packs for $10+ is really asking too much. I like what Criterion did with Burnout Paradise; a year of free DLC, and now releasing priced DLC. Now I can buy the priced DLC without feeling guilty or anything. :P