#1 Posted by MrPilkington (722 posts) -

I was told that I might need to bring a backpack, or comfortable bag of some sort to PAX. I'll be carrying my 3DS and Vita, but I had no clue that you'd be getting free stuff. As this is my first trip to PAX, can I really expect to get a bunch of free stuff?

#2 Posted by WMWA (1159 posts) -

All dat swag, son

#3 Posted by DiscoGobbo (35 posts) -

You can get as many free posters/t-shirts/art cards/buttons/promo comic books as you're willing to pursue. It is a matter of self-control to not get too much swag. Some people seem to do nothing but chase free stuff, rolling around in it like pigs in filth. You have to find your own balance.

Godspeed.

#4 Posted by Coafi (1433 posts) -

Just take one of each, don't hog all the merchandise. Remember there are other people who want swag too.

#5 Posted by eroticfishcake (7780 posts) -

I've never been to PAX but a good piece of advice is take stuff that you want rather take it for the sake of it being free.

#6 Edited by Jolt92 (1529 posts) -

@eroticfishcake said:

I've never been to PAX but a good piece of advice is take stuff that you want rather take it for the sake of it being free.

No. Take all of it.

#7 Posted by LiquidSwords (2739 posts) -

SWAG. ME. THA. FUCK. OUT!

#8 Posted by Matt (937 posts) -

Don't be that guy, 97% of the "swag" you got at PAX is junk.

#9 Posted by Gamer_152 (13974 posts) -

From what I've heard you don't want to be that guy who just picks up anything because it's free, and you don't want to be lugging a bag full of stuff around a convention centre all day. The idea of "a bunch of free stuff" is probably a lot more enticing than the reality.

#10 Edited by CookieMonster (2408 posts) -

The title of this thread is fucking with my head right now. Seriously, "what much"?

#11 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1852 posts) -

Definitely bring a bag with some space, but don't go too swag heavy. Unless you're in the Westin next door, it is a ton of stuff to carry around.

@LiquidSwords said:

SWAG. ME. THA. FUCK. OUT!

MF DOOM!!!

#12 Posted by dvdhaus (354 posts) -

As this is my first PAX as well, I'll be taking along a backpack. Not for the free stuff, but for things I might buy, also to carry my Vita and 3DS and some bottles of water.

#13 Posted by natetodamax (19136 posts) -

You should definitely bring a backpack or some sort of bag that's not too huge. You can get through PAX without getting any free stuff or you could get through PAX with a dozen free tee shirts and other random stuff that often randomly ends up in your hands.

#14 Posted by 9999dmg (129 posts) -

Last year some booth had these really huge anime bags for carrying around swag. So if you don't have a backpack, you should find the huge-anime-bag-hander-outer.

#15 Posted by SpydrMrphy (88 posts) -

Just bring a bag of decent size, you'll want it not only for swag but to put your portables in and water, and trust me you will want to carry some water with you. Walking around all day will take the wind out of you and having something to keep you hydrated on the move is key. Don't think of it solely as a Swag Bag, but as a survival bag. This will be my 5th PAX (2 Prime and 3 East) I like to keep a bottle of water and something to snack on in case I forget to grab some food, and that does happen from time to time at PAX. Just for size I actually use the old Xbox console bag, you know the one for the original Xbox. It's padded quite well and roomy with out being to large. So I hope that helps, and if you all see some one caring the old Xbox bag feel free to say hi.

#16 Posted by solidwolf52 (295 posts) -

@9999dmg: Those bags and the pop-cap cone hats we're great ways to identify who to avoid.

There is a lot of swag, but that doesn't necessarily means it's good. Just because it's free doesn't mean it's worth carrying around all day.

#17 Posted by JeanLuc (3518 posts) -

A decent bag, but don't take all the swag, otherwise you'll look like my friend last year. It was like t-shirts were just being thrown at him. You also want to remember that you might want to buy something there as well so save room for that. If you see something you want, get it the first chance you get, because chances are it'll be gone the next time.

#18 Posted by Blind_Evil (305 posts) -

I'm going to PAX, at just the right time. I'm moving as well, up to Massachusetts. When you move and can only take one sportscar-load of stuff, you learn what things are important and which aren't.

#19 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

I also recommend watching the shit fly at the Bioware Panel and to record all of it. It is going to be very very entertaining to watch it all happen.

#20 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

@9999dmg said:

Last year some booth had these really huge anime bags for carrying around swag. So if you don't have a backpack, you should find the huge-anime-bag-hander-outer.

Sorry for a double post... but that isn't what you got... you got a anime pillow case... put it on a pillow and see which side is the naughty one and post your reactions! Us at Giantbomb demand it!

#21 Posted by LeeroyPinkerton (64 posts) -

So much swag you will be drowning in bitches.

#22 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

@Jay444111 said:

I also recommend watching the shit fly at the Bioware Panel and to record all of it. It is going to be very very entertaining to watch it all happen.

Please do. I'm gonna say there's gonna be a riot

#23 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

God damn this title....

#24 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4969 posts) -

Still trying to comprehend the title. Still not getting it.

#25 Posted by Three0neFive (2274 posts) -

@Yanngc33 said:

@Jay444111 said:

Nah, the kind of people who are shitting themselves over the Mass Effect "controversy" are too socially awkward to dare causing a scene.

#26 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

@Three0neFive said:

@Yanngc33 said:

@Jay444111 said:

Nah, the kind of people who are shitting themselves over the Mass Effect "controversy" are too socially awkward to dare causing a scene.

Two or three of them will make it out there. It'll look more pathetic, thus funnier.

#27 Posted by 9999dmg (129 posts) -

@Jay444111: It's been a year since last pax. You don't want to see my naughty anime swag-carrying pillowcase.

#28 Posted by verysexypotato (200 posts) -

Been to PAX prime for the past few years and last year all my friends bailed on me. Turned out to be the best PAX I've had yet. Spent all my time going to developer panels and talking to designers, artists, programmers, etc. Fuck free shit.

#29 Posted by Humanity (7948 posts) -

Don't listen to people talking about not being that guy. I used to go to these things called NATO for my old jobs where they gave out a bunch of swag and I literally took everything all the time - it was awesome. Free junk is awesome.

#30 Posted by ShadowConqueror (2993 posts) -

What much swag too much swag is?

#31 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

Get ALL the swag. But, you have to call it xwag.

#32 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1543 posts) -

Schwag

#33 Posted by jking47 (1190 posts) -

Grab anything you see, only put it back if someone tell's you too. Anything is free if no one see's you grab it.

#34 Posted by MrPilkington (722 posts) -

@Matt: I was only intending on getting swag that i personally wanted.

#35 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Depends on how hard to try for it. If you whore yourself out for swag, too much to handle. Otherwise you'll get some shirts here and there.

#36 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@LeeroyPinkerton said:

So much swag you will be drowning in bitches.

One might say you've got swag pumping out your ovaries?