What of this is a better / less worse silent hill game?

kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kingclaw
Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By manhattan_project

Huh?

francesthemule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By francesthemule

I haven't played either but I own a Homecoming so I picked that.
mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Silent Hill Shattered Memories is the best in my opinion, beside the point i know but cmon it was awesome :)

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@francesthemule said:
" I haven't played either but I own a Homecoming so I picked that. "
Damn I was just listening to Assassins to help me make program some drum fills. But back on topic, where are the other games?
kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kingclaw

GB i need your opinion, im trying to play the silent hil games, i have 1,2 and origins and im going to try to get the third and shatered memories. but i´ve heared this two aren´t very good "silent hill games" and i dont want to waste my money

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Jeust

The Room hands down! It has the best story and gameplay, also despite its age, the graphics don't owe much/anything to Silent Hill 5. 

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Meowayne

Both are awful in many ways, but The Room has more and more convincing redeeming qualities.

The Room is worth playing through for the story, Homecoming... not so much.

Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bombs_Away

I've only played Silent Hill 3 and I'm playing Origins now. I forgot how amazing these games are. I'm waiting for Silent Hill 1 to be re-released on PSN so I can get it on my PSP and then play 2, 3 again and then The Room. I dunno if I'm gonna try Homecoming, I heard it wasn't true to the series. And I'm tempted to get Shattered Memories for PSP or Wii...I'm more inclined to the PSP, I don't like spreading a series across loadsa consoles.

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GunnBjorn
@kingclaw said:
"GB i need your opinion, im trying to play the silent hil games, i have 1,2 and origins and im going to try to get the third and shatered memories. but i´ve heared this two aren´t very good "silent hill games" and i dont want to waste my money "

Well, don't waste your money on either of them, i'd say. 
But if i had to pick one, 'The Room' is the most interesting. 
Homecoming for me personally was a let-down. 
Most certainly pick up SH3; It's not as good as the second SH, but the creepy atmosphere that typify the series is intact.
cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By cornbredx

The room, definitely. For awhile people we're saying it was the worst SH game, then other SH games came out that were nothing like SH at all and... ya SH 4 isnt that bad in comparison (i personally have always liked it).
KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I accidentally voted for The Room. I meant to pick Homecoming. Homecoming was excellent, and very much revitalized my love for the series. Though the story maybe isn't as deep as the others, it's definitely a bit more coherent, and still is quite good. The combat system works pretty well once you get the hang of it, too. It's honestly my second or third favorite in the series after the original and maybe 2. I never really liked the Room all that much. Everything from the controls to the recycling of levels to the puzzles...none of that was any good. I liked the apartment sequences, but that's about it.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By AuthenticM

I really didn't like The Room. Homecoming was okay.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#14  Edited By Hailinel

The Room was at least made by a team that understand what survival horror is, even if it isn't the best example of it.  Homecoming is an embarrassment.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By azteris
@Bombs_Away said:
" I've only played Silent Hill 3 and I'm playing Origins now. I forgot how amazing these games are. I'm waiting for Silent Hill 1 to be re-released on PSN so I can get it on my PSP and then play 2, 3 again and then The Room. I dunno if I'm gonna try Homecoming, I heard it wasn't true to the series. And I'm tempted to get Shattered Memories for PSP or Wii...I'm more inclined to the PSP, I don't like spreading a series across loadsa consoles. "
It already has been.
Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bombs_Away
@Azteris said:
" @Bombs_Away said:
" I've only played Silent Hill 3 and I'm playing Origins now. I forgot how amazing these games are. I'm waiting for Silent Hill 1 to be re-released on PSN so I can get it on my PSP and then play 2, 3 again and then The Room. I dunno if I'm gonna try Homecoming, I heard it wasn't true to the series. And I'm tempted to get Shattered Memories for PSP or Wii...I'm more inclined to the PSP, I don't like spreading a series across loadsa consoles. "
It already has been. "
Re-released...They released it on PSN (UK)  then took it down after about a week. It never get put back on.
Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Daryl
@Bombs_Away: Well that's a real kick in the balls. Would be nice if they re-re-released.
Avatar image for raccoonusdoodus
raccoonusdoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By raccoonusdoodus
@kingclaw said:

" GB i need your opinion, im trying to play the silent hil games, i have 1,2 and origins and im going to try to get the third and shatered memories. but i´ve heared this two aren´t very good "silent hill games" and i dont want to waste my money "

Homecoming is horrible. Absolutely horrible. The Room is way better. And in my opinion, Silent Hill 4 isn't nearly as bad as people say it is. I actually like it quite a bit, and I'm a huge Silent Hill fan. You should definitely get SH3 and Shattered Memories, those two are both great Silent Hill games. 

But anyway, The Room is better. By far. Even better than Origins, in my personal opinion.
Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bombs_Away
@Daryl: Tell me about it. The UK and Europe have been really fucked over when it comes to PSone classics. Sony seem to be really determined to make me stop playing my PSP.
zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

Hold on - are we supposed to vote for the better game or the worse game? I picked Homecoming because it's worse than The Room.

The Room is totally underrated. For me, the backlash was yet another case of people wanting another Silent Hill 2, or whatever. I appreciate the fact that none of the normal enemies are ever a threat, and that the player character is really powerful. I think the ghosts constituted a serious threat, however. And I felt comfortable playing the game, which is always important. I thought the story was interesting, and I liked the idea of the room. In fact, I thought the room was handled brilliantly.

Homecoming was strange. Not bad, but not amazing either. Kind of in that weird middle ground, I guess. Shattered Memories, also good.
benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By benjaebe

The Room is better than Homecoming. In fact it's probably one of the best in the series if you pretend it's not actually a Silent Hill game since it wasn't meant to be anyway.

Avatar image for strikerthelizard
StrikerTheLizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By StrikerTheLizard

"Less worse"
Wow.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By c1337us

Silent Hill 2 is easily the best of the series. Homecoming is the worst though I don't think of it as being bad, just mediocre and I should finish it sometime soon. Shattered Memories is the only one I havent played yet because the Wii version isnt out in Australia until April sometime apparently. I might just pickup the PSP version in the mean time.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xyzygy

I S-Ranked Homecoming, It's kind of a fun game. 

But Silent Hill 2 will never be matched. Silent Hill 3 is garbage, the first one is good, and I haven't played 4.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pause422

SH4 The Room is far less bad than Homecoming.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PureRok

I've only played Homecoming and Shattered Memories. I've watched someone else play The Room. I liked Homecoming, but this is coming from someone who hates the rest of the Silent Hill series (games, I liked the movie, but only because Sean Bean is in it... I have a man-crush on him.).

Still undecided on whether I like Shattered Memories yet. I'm leaning in the direction of not liking it.