• 111 results
#1 Posted by lead_farmer (1040 posts) -

Back in my Playstation one days (not that old I guess), I used to play a decent amount of Einhander.  It was a pretty cool shooter and I killed a lot of time with it (that and probably Philosoma and Raiden Project). Many years back I lost that game and Raiden Project to my cousins, who also have no idea where that game is now.  I recently checked online to see how much a new copy would cost and it was $200 new on Amazon.  So my question to everybody is whether or not there is a game that they would love to sit down and play but it is well out of their reach.  For now I can hope that maybe they throw it up  on PSN or something. 

Also, I still have Philosoma, but those graphics are a little painful.

#2 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

When I went ot the Middle East I ahd to give up Counterstrike because the internet in Qatar is garbage. I was very happy to get back in two years later, but my clan had broken up which was sad.

#3 Edited by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

D:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: 

It's more that no one plays mutiplayer for fuckin' GBA games still, but whatever.
#4 Posted by AK_the_Twilight (52 posts) -

Back when I had a Sega Genesis, I was an avid Rocket Knight Adventures fan. Now the closest that I can get to another Rocket Knight title is on XBLA or PSN, and the demo didn't thrill me, so...eh.

#5 Posted by Yummylee (21302 posts) -

Back in those days, I'd play every game constantly, just for the sake of playing the game. It needn't require replay value or anything like that.. I miss those days =(

#6 Posted by EVO (3871 posts) -

WarioWare on the Gamecube. 

Most fun I've had with multiplayer.

#7 Posted by gpbmike (864 posts) -

Battlefield 2. Not really out of reach, but I used to play with my brothers and they have since moved on to other games. Like CoD.

#8 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -

#9 Posted by Bogitt (201 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" Back in those days, I'd play every game constantly, just for the sake of playing the game. It needn't require replay value or anything like that.. I miss those days =( "
Exactly this, what the hell happened to us? :(
#10 Posted by super_machine (1930 posts) -

Ultima 7 for PC.

#11 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish: Yes this game was amazing. I remember sitting in bed staying up so late playing it. Good times. 

Here's my real answer though. 

#12 Posted by christ0phe (952 posts) -

Timesplitters 2 and Pokeomon Gold

#13 Posted by Swaboo (451 posts) -
@dudeglove: Front Mission 3 is on PSN
#14 Posted by Centimani (550 posts) -

I think I will always miss Ape Escape (but not the box art). Good thing theres emulation, if I could get a damn controller working right.

#15 Posted by JaediMaster (42 posts) -

I used to play the Spyro games alot before I moved from Cali. I lost them in the move and I actually do miss playing them

#16 Posted by Cazamalos (983 posts) -

i miss playing this game even on class hiding myself from the teachers, sometimes linked to a friend doing some battles  
i also miss playing Ragnarok i played that game for almost 4 years, and it was my first MMO so i really miss all those first experiences with social elements inside a video game, some of the people i meet on Ragnarok are now close friends 
#17 Posted by BeachThunder (11725 posts) -

A lot of games I used to play are old DOS games, so most things that I don't still have copies of are now freeware/abandonware or are on GOG and are easily playable through Dosbox.

#18 Edited by phantomzxro (1565 posts) -

the only game  or type of games that comes to mind is playing a crap ton of no mercy on the n64. Never been a big fan of smackdown series but i tried a few and now i just don't bother. But back then those were good times.
#19 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5808 posts) -

Super Mario Allstars!

My copy broke :(

#20 Posted by Brackynews (4050 posts) -
@fwylo:  Windu doesn't even have a purple light saber on the box art. NON CANON.  

No joke, I broke my Thrustmaster springs TWICE with all I played.
 Runner up
#21 Posted by MachoFantastico (4516 posts) -

Original Call of Duty on PC, played so much of that multiplayer.  

That and Star Wars Galaxies, yes I know it was probably a terrible game but before Sony Online Entertainment screwed it totally up it was a fine MMO. 

#22 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

The N64 Zeldas, Mario Kart 64/DS.

#23 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -
@lead_farmer: 
I remember Einhander, that game was super badass.

I miss the amount of split screen Halo me and my buddies used to play. That and Rock Band. Those were some good times.
#24 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

Warcraft III, I played that game back in the day so much, mostly the custom maps. SC2 will never have as great of custom maps as WC3.

#25 Posted by jking47 (1209 posts) -

Phantasy star online episodes 1 & 2 for gamecube. Used to play the shit out of that game with my lil brother and a few of our friends, could always find someone to play with. Never went online, but offline splitscreen was good enough for me.

Now i have no friends that would play that kind of game with me for enough time to get anywhere in it. Growing up makes me sad =(

#26 Edited by JackSukeru (5906 posts) -

Lately I've been thinking a lot about Crash Bandicoot 2/3, and the relatively unique mechanics of those games, and missing them a little. 

Edit: Also Spyro, only played the first game though.

#27 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

Can you really say Pokemon?  They just did remakes of Gold & Silver, which are widely considered to be the best of the franchise and all the games are pretty much identical anyway.  Even as one who grew up playing Blue, I can't say I miss the series. 

But I do miss playing pretty much any split screen game.  Goldeneye 64, Mario Kart..  Seems like few games support it these days and I rarely have time to meet up and play with friends when they do.

#28 Posted by zkillz (93 posts) -

Wolfenstien: Enemy Territory

the complete lack of stock servers kinda ruined the game for me eventually. 

#29 Posted by Elyk247 (366 posts) -

Probably marvel vs capcom 1, and diddy kong racing.

#30 Posted by lead_farmer (1040 posts) -
@fwylo: I remember that game
#31 Edited by pweidman (2307 posts) -

Project Gotham Racing 2 a bit lately, but I think that's been mostly brought on by the recent shocking news reporting that Bizarre got shuttered.
#32 Posted by Tsoglani (583 posts) -

Metal Slug - any of the arcade iterations. 

Sensible Soccer too...

#33 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

MechWarrior 4
Descent Freespace 2
Baldurs Gate 2 + Throne of Bhall
Final Fantasy X
Independence War 2
Wing Commander 4: The Price of Freedom
Total Annihilation
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Deus Ex

#34 Edited by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -
  • Front Mission 3
  • Vanguard Bandits
  • Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
  • Command and Conquer 95
  • Command and Conquer Red Alert
  • Command and Conquer Red Alert 2
  • Command and Conquer Renegade
  • Pokemon Red
  • Freelancer
  • Phantasy Star Online
#35 Edited by OsvaldoMoreno (63 posts) -
@cazamalos said:

"               

i miss playing this game even on class hiding myself from the teachers, sometimes linked to a friend doing some battles  

This... the only PKMN game I ever really liked.  Also loved to play Star Fox 64, Perfect Dark and NES Kirby. 

But the two JP games on genesis where the ones I always kept playing. 

I really whish I had my genesis and these games back...
#36 Posted by Dalai (7005 posts) -

Crystalis needs to come out on Virtual Console or something.

#37 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

Counter Strike, I can still play it whenever I like but the groups of friends I used to play with have since moved on. Its not the same anymore. =( 

#38 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2214 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid for Psone. Loved it and beaten it 5 times but it's been a few years since I've gone back.

#39 Posted by Arkkazeal (109 posts) -

Super Mario World, although I guess I don't miss it since its always hanging around somewhere in my house.

#40 Posted by milsorgen (30 posts) -

SimCity on the SNES!

#41 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Yoda wrote the title of this thread.

#42 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Marvel Vs Capcom- my all time favorite fighting game

#43 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i really just missing playing n64 all day. i think those were the days where video games really were good. good times playing those games.

#44 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I don't miss any game cus I can go back and play anything I want. 
I do miss sprite based SRPGs with a self serious story. New ones, not remakes. And not that insufferable weaboo humor NIS shit.

#45 Posted by Conker (771 posts) -

Heretic 2 and Quake 3 . Also Soldier of Fortune.

#46 Posted by MisterMouse (3543 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:
"
D::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::  It's more that no one plays mutiplayer for fuckin' GBA games still, but whatever. "
I am glad I am not the only one!!!!! man multiplayer on this was a blast when you had people to play it with. I actually look back fondly on all of the battle network games. 

In addition to that probably Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (I put a crazy amount of hours into that) and pokemon is always a guilty pleasure and definitely something I wish I could play at times. oddly enough.
#47 Posted by Vonocourt (2123 posts) -
@OsvaldoMoreno: You totally just reminded me of Urinating Tree.

I have most of the games I've ever own, so any I that I might want to give another go are right in my closet.
#48 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2907 posts) -

Starfox 64. I borrowed it from a friend back in the day and kept it for an entire summer, played the fuck out of that game. Got medals on every stage on Expert. Haven't played it since. I should really revisit that one of these days.

#49 Edited by Ben_H (3319 posts) -

I recently got the itch to play Age of Empires II.  I installed it.  It was fun.

Same thing with Roller Coaster Tycoon.  Man that game is easy when you're not 8 and solely trying to kill all the park patrons by launching them off the Shuttle Loop at max speed.

#50 Posted by Cvamp (39 posts) -

Kingdom Hearts. I recall loving the original but never got to play 2.