What Other Big Games are Coming Out This Year?

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

As someone who owns a high-end PC and now a PS4 I'm trying to think of what other "blockbuster" titles are out there that will be released by year's end. It's not just CoD and Assassin's Creed right?

I'm trying to think of what else is there because I have my finger on the trigger to go ahead with a GTX 980 purchase but I want there to be a decent number of games first other than Shadow of Mordor that would give me an immediate use for the new card. If there is a lack of titles then maybe I can hold myself from getting the card so I can instead use that money towards getting an iPhone 6 Plus because I'll then still have enough time to be sure I have a 980 before Witcher 3 comes out.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: I completely forgot to mention I also own a Wii U. Anyways, Far Cry 4 completely fell off my radar and Evil Within is giving me the vibe that it'll be a bad PC port due to it's ridiculous system reqs despite only looking average. Maybe I'll hold off on the 980 purchase for now

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Bayonetta 2. Bayonetta 2 is everything.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually wonder what the price point of Ground Zeroes will be, given its such a contentious issue on consoles.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Yeah, this year's been kinda dry as far as blockbuster games go and it won't be getting any better.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By I_Stay_Puft
  • Borderlands Presequel
  • Alien Isolation
  • NBA 2k15
  • Fantasy Life
  • Costume Quest 2
  • Persona Q

Not all of these are for pc though...

Yeah not that much left, nothing really grabbed me this year as far as a game that's unanimous goty. Gotta remember though Far Cry 3 came out late in 2012 and surprised everybody that year.

Cubidog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Binding of Isaac Rebirth is the only thing that matters to me for the rest of the year. So hyped!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: I think Shadow of Mordor was that for this year.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Guilty Gaer Xrd.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@corevi said:

@i_stay_puft: I think Shadow of Mordor was that for this year.

Probably wouldn't be surprised if it was. Looked pretty cool from what I saw from the premium stream and quick look just haven't had the chance to play it yet.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#13  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I know it's not a AAA release or anything, but I think Fantasy Life for the 3DS looks pretty cool. I think that hits later this month.

Also, WWE '15. I mean, sure, it's another wrestling game. But maaaaaybe?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Corevi

Also, WWE '15. I mean, sure, it's another wrestling game. But maaaaaybe?

I'm really interested in the MyCareer stuff. Hope the rumours about a PC version are true.

DrZing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's the opposite of a big game, but will likely be on many people's shortlist for GOTY: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. A very well crafted mystery set in the most visually impressive environment you've ever seen in a game. Don't miss it.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

driveclub?

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17  Edited By me3639

@drzing:

Finished it yesterday, its good but not GOTY material. Did you read(developer) their synopsis of the ending and of other things, its a great read: http://www.theastronauts.com/2014/10/vanishing-ethan-carters-ending-extreme-spoilers/

My steam recommendation: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CitizenX3639/recommended/258520?snr=1_5_9__402

DrZing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@me3639 I just finished it tonight and I did in fact read that and some of the Steam thread, etc. I'll just say it is great that the story generates such a discussion. Everyone please try to avoid spoilers if you intend to play this game! And if not GOTY then Graphics of the Year for sure. ;)

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Seikenfreak

Isnt Little Big Planet 3 coming? And I'm waiting on reviews/QL of Driveclub.

So glad I picked up Wasteland 2. One of my top games this year (probably last two years) even though some quests were a bit buggy.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: Better than last year.

The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite were two of the best games of the last generation so 2013 wasn't all bad.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Hunter5024

@corevi said:

@hunkulese said:

The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite were two of the best games of the last generation so 2013 wasn't all bad.

2013 was incredible and 2014 is the lamest.

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just putting some love for Shadow Warrior out there. It came out last year in September on PC, and it was pretty damn great. It will be released on October 21st, according to Amazon, on the PS4 and Xbox One for $39.99. I'm going to buy it for PS4 also to add another game to my collection and to support an, as far as I'm concerned, great developer. Show them some love and pick it up if you like some old school first person shooting.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Jimbo

Dragon Age: Inquistion is an interesting one, and probably the game I'm most looking forward to playing.

If they get it right, it will surely force its way into GOTY contention for a lot of people. If they get it wrong, that'll be 3 in a row for Bioware and pretty much confirm them as a spent force.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

@jimbo said:

Dragon Age: Inquistion is an interesting one, and probably the game I'm most looking forward to playing.

If they get it right, it will surely force its way into GOTY contention for a lot of people. If they get it wrong, that'll be 3 in a row for Bioware and pretty much confirm them as a spent force.

I wonder if EA has enforced a BioWare-wide mandate to make sure DA3 is at least a competent, content-rich game. They can't afford to have their most prominent brand commit seppuku when it's the only big name bar DICE (and even they have been a little shaky) they have going into this generation.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GTAV ps4 edition is worth a mention. Nov 18 on PS4, Jan, (Feb?) on PC.

Really it's all about Far Cry 4 in terms of blockbuster stuff.

Hotline Miami 2 and The Witness for the indi scene :)

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By Justin258

@corevi said:
@hunkulese said:

Also GTA V, Saints Row 4, Metro Last Light, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Etrian Odyssey IV, and probably some other things that aren't coming to mind.

2013 wasn't a banner year for gaming but there was certainly more to chew on last year than there has been this year. Titanfall was fun for a little while. Shovel Knight and Wolfenstein are excellent. Divinity seems to be getting some good praise and Wasteland 2 isn't bad. Shadow of Mordor seems like one of this year's few big highlights. Alien Isolation unfortunately seems to have issues, and we have yet to see if Dragon Age Inquisition will be a bright point in Bioware's streak of not-all-that-good games or if it will just make nerds rage all over again.

EDIT: And Far Cry 4. I keep forgetting about Far Cry 4. It will most likely be a competent Ubisoft game.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:
@hunkulese said:

I'm not saying 2013 was bad. But if you're only looking at blockbuster games 2014 is already better. Last of Us was Amazing, Bioshock was pretty good, and GTA was meh. This year has already had Dark Souls II which was pretty good, South Park which was great, and Shadow of Mordor which was great.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

LittleBigPlanet 3 is also coming out this year. It'll probably be a good one of those games.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@hunkulese said:

@corevi said:
@hunkulese said:

I'm not saying 2013 was bad. But if you're only looking at blockbuster games 2014 is already better. Last of Us was Amazing, Bioshock was pretty good, and GTA was meh. This year has already had Dark Souls II which was pretty good, South Park which was great, and Shadow of Mordor which was great.

I am going to disagree there... 2013 had many great games before the halfway point, while 2014 drought period make it look like nothing big came out in months. I had my "Top 10 of 2013" list locked down by September (even leaving out games like TLOU, GTA 5 or Black Flag), while this time I would be hard pressed to make the list longer than 5 items...

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just waiting until February here, though I do wish I could play Bayonetta 2 sometime.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By OurSin_360

nba 2k15 and dragon age are the ones i'm looking forward to the most.

mousse_gallon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 42

Pokemon ORAS