• 104 results
#51 Edited by figurehead00 (147 posts) -

Not game related, but all the Maximum Fun stuff is great, Jordan Jesse Go!, Stop Podcasting Yourself, and another vote for MBMBAM. Also, the Pod F. Tompkast is hilarious.
Idle Thumbs is dead now, but it's absolutely worth downloading the archive and listening start to finish. In my opinion it was the greatest games podcast ever (no offence to 1upYours). Finally, One Life Left is a London based games podcast/radio show. It strays away from games sometimes but it's pretty smart/funny.

#52 Edited by KamikazeCaterpillar (1130 posts) -

Rebel FM is fantastic and Geekbox is good most of the time. I also really liked Three Red Lights when Dave Clayman worked at IGN but they have turned it into a real podcast and it's nowhere near as good as it was. If you want another tech podcast the Bit-Tech hardware podcasts are pretty good too.

#53 Posted by UnrealDP (1221 posts) -

Just to throw out something that hasn't been said yet, 4playerpodcast is pretty good. Its really like a low rent bombcast, but the audio quality is still pretty good. I really like there live streaming though.
#54 Posted by hunterzolomon (220 posts) -

multiverse 5 is a comic/gaming/movies/tv/pro wrestling based out of canada that im involved with, wed love for everyone here to check out

#55 Posted by Daveyo520 (7008 posts) -

Dave and Joel's Fast Karate for the Gentleman 

#56 Posted by fernog (5 posts) -

Check out the No Agenda podcast for really interesting de-construction of recent news, and the Adam Carolla podcast for angry rants from an angry white man.

#57 Posted by Cr0ssbow (95 posts) -

I gave up on Weekend Confirmed...Garnet Lee drives me up a fuckin' wall sometimes.  Now that Brian Leahy's gone, it's unsubscribed.  I had always wished he was on the bombcast instead.

Gave up on Gamers With Jobs too for that matter.  Their best podcasters are getting old and losing interest and some of their replacements, like Lara Crigger, are often annoying and not podcast-friendly.

If you have the smallest interest in WoW at all, The Instance is pretty great; and rebelFM's pretty funny when Arthur isn't being a know-it-all douchebag, but fact of the matter is the bombcast has spoiled me.

I will have to check out My Brother My Brother And Me it sounds like.

#58 Edited by audiosnag (1582 posts) -
@Cr0ssbow:
Yeah I do like Garnet but some of the shit he says sometimes it's just balls crazy. As in I wanna reach through the computer and grab him by the collar and scream "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING RIGHT NOW???"  I like Jeff and Bryan was awesome I was really bummed when he left.

@McGhee_the_Insomniac

said:

" @kestrel10mn said:

" My brother my brother and me! "

There is nothing funnier than MBMBAM. Not even the Bombcast. "
I only recently discovered that. Working through every episode was probably the best thing ever. EVER. You cannot beat MBMBaM.

Started listening to 40K Radio recently due to my new found interest in Warhammer 40K. It's actually pretty entertaining, the guys on it are pretty damn funny.
#59 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -
@audiosnag said:
" @Cr0ssbow:
Yeah I do like Garnet but some of the shit he says sometimes it's just balls crazy. As in I wanna reach through the computer and grab him by the collar and scream "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING RIGHT NOW???"  I like Jeff and Bryan was awesome I was really bummed when he left.

@McGhee_the_Insomniac

said:

" @kestrel10mn said:

I only recently discovered that. Working through every episode was probably the best thing ever. EVER. You cannot beat MBMBaM.Started listening to 40K Radio recently due to my new found interest in Warhammer 40K. It's actually pretty entertaining, the guys on it are pretty damn funny. "
I was driving and listening to one of Griffin's jingles from a few weeks ago and I laughed so hard that I literally started to black out. Had to pull over and stop my car. Near death experience from funny!
#60 Posted by demonknightinuyasha (476 posts) -

glad to see active time babble is living on in some form, was starting to wonder why it hasn't updated in forever XD 

I listen to on a fairly regular basis: 

Giant Bomb stuff of course * 
This is Only a Test
Comic Vines podcast (kinda off and on) 
Weekend Confirmed
Rebel FM *
Smodcast
Jay and Silent Bob Get Old
The Kojima Productions Report *
Feedback
Couchbound *
Pixel Junk Radio *
8 - 4 Play *
Oddcast
Was listening to Active Time Babble, but I guess I'll be listening to Roleplayer's Realm going forward *
Mobcast (kinda off and on) 
A Life Well Wasted
at1up (now dead)
Retronauts (now does a live format thing I'm not so into) 
Irrational Interviews/Irrational Podcast *
Started listening to Hex19 (not sure on it yet only had a chance to listen to like half an episode) 
Call of Podcast
Cagcast
Double Fine Action Cast *
The official Dungeons and Dragons Podcast
IGN stuff off and on (since half of Rebel FM are there now) 

* = stuff I try to listen to the day it shows up in the iTunes feed. Other stuff I may skip episodes or wait a couple days before getting around to listening to

#61 Posted by Rebirth1337 (795 posts) -

My other two favorites aside from BombCast are Drunk Tank and The Shaft. 

#62 Posted by carlthenimrod (1599 posts) -

Weekend Confirmed. That Garnet Lee knows how to run a podcast.

#63 Edited by shadowwolf9 (165 posts) -

I'm not sure if I listen to too many podcasts... This is my list:
Bombcast
This is only a Test
Behind the Screened Door
CAGcast
Rebel FM
Gamespy Debriefings
1up.com Games Damnit
Film Sack
Final Score
The Instance
Gamers With Jobs
GameScoop
Podcast Beyond
Podcast Unlocked
One Life Left
Weekend Confirmed
The Totally Rad Show
Hunting Party Podcast

Knockin' Boots

yeah....
#64 Posted by Yanngc33 (4461 posts) -

Talradar Uk is funny and informative which is the complete opposite of talkradar US, which is just masturbation jokes

#65 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1212 posts) -
Weekend Confirmed and Rebel FM are pretty good as strictly gaming podcasts go. The Gamespy Debriefings are hilarious if that's your kind of humor. I've also recently found Painkiller Already. I gather they make gaming videos for YouTube or something but they have a grouchy redneck on there that makes pretty funny comments at times. Neither of the latter podcasts are for the over sensitive so be warned. For completely non-gaming related check out Remember When. It's two guys that go back and forth discussing old and new sci-fi or pop culture movies and shows. Pretty good stuff.
#66 Posted by Terry_Towelling (15 posts) -

'Geek Syndicate' is a great podcast.  It's not really games focused, but then I listen to the Bombcast and I don't really play games!

#67 Posted by Stupot (176 posts) -

If you enjoy goofy british comedy which is sometimes releated to gaming I'd suggested the YoGPoD, they have a hugely sucessful youtube channel called BlueXephos which you may have heard of. Sadly they haven't put a new one out in quite awhile but I believe they are planning to put a new one out soon. They did a D&D playthrough/Podcast which was particularly funny.

Link: YoGPoD

#68 Posted by PenguinDust (12640 posts) -

This is what I listen to:

1. Weekend Confirmed
  2. CAGcast
  3. Orange Lounge Radio ~ This one is one of my favorite amateur video game podcasts and it's been around every week for about 6-8 years.
  4. Mobcast
  5. G4TV's Feedback (I don't know if the RSS/Itunes audio-only feed is up to date as the G4 sites video broadcast)

For non-gaming, I recommend Buzz Out Loud for tech-news and The Tony Kornheiser Show for sports and a peek inside "the Mr. Tony experience".
#69 Posted by Gamer_152 (14113 posts) -

I should really get into more podcasts but from what I've listened too I can tell you another gaming podcast well worth listening too is Idle Thumbs. I'd also recommend The Nerdist although some episodes are better than others, and Comedy Death Ray Radio is hilarious on a regular basis.

#70 Posted by TooWalrus (13258 posts) -

I likenthe Rooster Teeth Drunk Tank

#72 Posted by audiosnag (1582 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
" @audiosnag said:
" @Cr0ssbow:

@McGhee_the_Insomniac

said:

" @kestrel10mn said:

I only recently discovered that. Working through every episode was probably the best thing ever. EVER. You cannot beat MBMBaM.Started listening to 40K Radio recently due to my new found interest in Warhammer 40K. It's actually pretty entertaining, the guys on it are pretty damn funny. "
I was driving and listening to one of Griffin's jingles from a few weeks ago and I laughed so hard that I literally started to black out. Had to pull over and stop my car. Near death experience from funny! "
Oh man those kill me. The Space Jam jingle had me literally in tears. I was listening to it at work on my ipod and I'm pretty sure my co-workers think there's something wrong with me now.
#73 Posted by IesuNoel (130 posts) -

I dig me some Avault podcast once in a while.  Pretty cool bunch of duders.
#74 Posted by xXwindoverXx (290 posts) -
@LackLuster said:
" I listen to all the whiskey media podcast and a life well wasted (even though it hasn't been updated in a while), what are other podcast that are considered musts in the realms of games, comics, movies,and tech. "
All of the IGN podcasts

As well as Sarcastic Gamer
#75 Edited by Wadawoodo (76 posts) -

Peacock and Gamble are amazing
#76 Posted by Hooded (438 posts) -
I listen to BombCast, This is Not a Test, Weekend Confirmed, Joystiqs Podcast, Geekbox, Gamescoop, Podcast Beyond, Gamespy Debreifings, Podcast Unlocked, Sarcastic Gamer Red show, Xbox 360 Fancast, Rebel FM, NDX and obviously below....

@McGhee_the_Insomniac
said:
" @kestrel10mn said:
Sorry everyone but so true.
#77 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -
#78 Posted by Yanngc33 (4461 posts) -
@shadowwolf9 said:
" I'm not sure if I listen to too many podcasts... This is my list:
Bombcast
This is only a Test
Behind the Screened Door
CAGcast
Rebel FM
Gamespy Debriefings
1up.com Games Damnit
Film Sack
Final Score
The Instance
Gamers With Jobs
GameScoop
Podcast Beyond
Podcast Unlocked
One Life Left
Weekend Confirmed
The Totally Rad Show
Hunting Party Podcast
Knockin' Boots

yeah....
"
How in the world do you find the time? I only listen to six podcasts and I'm always late
#79 Posted by blueaniman93 (604 posts) -

I like to listen to Weekend Confirmed and Major Nelson's podcast.
I used to like the IGN podcasts but not anymore. You might like it though.

#80 Posted by trombone (13 posts) -

uhh yeah dude, tested

#81 Posted by randiolo (1106 posts) -
  • My brother My brother and Me.
  • Comedy Bang Bang
  • Sarcastic Gamer Blue/Red/Sgflix
  • Weekend Confirmed 
  • NintenDownload X-press
  • Football Weekly (soccer)
  • BombCast
  • BTSD
  • IGN - Podcast Beyond 
#82 Posted by gunbladewarrior (14 posts) -

Rebel FM
Interactive Distractions
Expletive Deleted
DownToForitX

#83 Posted by EpicSteve (6499 posts) -

Not the IGN podcasts. 

#84 Posted by Evilsbane (4746 posts) -
@Unchained said:
" Though it is outside your criteria, Dan Carlin's Hardcore History is fantastic. It's updated very irregularly though.
Wow haven't even started listening to one but the website makes it sound awesome thanks for the tip.
#85 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

Mike and Tom Eat Snacks is incredible.

#86 Posted by Faint (833 posts) -

'The Joe Rogan Experience' is all you need.

'If you aren't high by 2PM, go fuck yourself!'

#87 Posted by pleasedaddyno (87 posts) -

old Talk Radar episodes

Lasertime

my brother, my brother, and me

#88 Edited by Fattony12000 (7579 posts) -
#89 Posted by Picsl (195 posts) -

I know this is an old thread, but I'm gonna go ahead and recommend Bill Burr's The Monday Morning Podcast anyway.

#90 Posted by Hotcakesman (40 posts) -

The Mediocre Show

Obviously Oblivious

Laser Time

Stack Of Dimes

Undercover Unitards (My Show)

Vidjagame Apocalypse

Pixelated Radio

Cheap Pop Cast

all fantastic shows with amazing Hosts

#91 Edited by 8Bit_Archer (459 posts) -

Wanna listen to a bunch of idiots being idiots...Check out Boner City USA and the Gamedians podcast, really crude but really funny at times!

#92 Posted by RPGee (763 posts) -

Has no one mentioned the Comedy Button yet? It's not for everyone, I'd say, but occasionally they come out with some of the funniest shit you've ever heard, even if a good deal of it is kind of offensive.

Other than that, I'm on the Adam Savage podcast Tested does (which is really interesting), My Brother My Brother and Me, Tested, Satellite Dish, and the illustrious Hamish and Andy show podcast from Australia. Quite chuckle-worthy.

#93 Posted by Nilazz (639 posts) -

Good Job Brain!

#94 Posted by Gmanall (1683 posts) -

A 2 year old thread? Does OP still want answers?......With that said how come I only saw one person saw Rooster Theeth Podcast(Srunk Tank)? That shits good.

#95 Edited by Zaccheus (1806 posts) -

Here are some that I like:

• The Comedy Button - crazy comedy show with gaming people. You either love it or hate it.
  • Rebel FM - my favorite gaming podcast after Bombcast.
  • Skeptics' Guide to the Universe - great science podcast.
#96 Edited by psylah (2186 posts) -
#97 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (3791 posts) -

The Vergecast, The Besties, My Brother My Brother and Me, This American Life, GameSpy Debriefings, Tell Em Steve Dave, FeaB, Smidnight, Podtoid, Rebel FM, A Life Well Wasted, Irrational Behavior, Tech Fetish, PC Gamer

#98 Edited by Anund (940 posts) -

This podcast is outside the realms you specified, it's more about "life", but I can't recommend the Joe Rogan Experience podcast enough. It's the only podcast I have listened to which I would value the same or above the Bombcast and I feel like it has changed the way I think about a lot of things, for the better. That, and it's damn funny sometimes.

#99 Edited by Brewmaster_Andy (524 posts) -

Podcasts I listen to and enjoy, in no particular order (bolded for my favorites):

• Giant Bombcast
  • This American Life
  • The Nerdist
  • Hollywood Babble-On
  • SModcast
  • Still Untitled: The Adam Savage Project
  • This is Only a Test
  • The Comedy Button
  • Jay and Silent Bob Get Old
  • Plus One
  • My Brother, My Brother and Me
  • FEaB
#100 Edited by cheishxc (91 posts) -

(Aside from bombcast) Rebel FM, Weekend Confirmed for gaming, Smodcast, Hollywood Babble-On, Comedy Button for just off topic humor, and the Vergecast for tech.