What previous gen games could benefit from a re-release?

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So now that Last of Us on PS4 is going to be a thing soon, complete with apparently better character models, all the jazz, what other games of the previous gen (PS3, 360) does everyone think could benefit the most from a similar re-release?

My preference would be MGS4. Playing it years after it released, it's obvious that it had been released close to the launch of the PS3, when no one had any idea how to optimize performance on it. FPS issues abound, especially during split-screen action. Having a well-performing copy of MGS4 could be pretty sweet.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bigjeffrey

GAT V(BETTER FRAMERATE))

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Far Cry 3 and Crysis 3. The PC versions looked like different games.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mirrors Edge

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

Bioshock, Mass Effect, Chronicles of Riddick, Enslaved, Dead Space, Half Life 2, and TimeShift (not)

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Dark Souls 2

grapesoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see a re-release of Vanquish. That game was pretty fun but the framerate was total garbage unless you were in a tiny hallway.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

BS Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Corevi

Basically everything from the first 3 years (2005 - 2008). A next-gen rerelease of the entire Mass Effect trilogy would be rad as well.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By benspyda

Any console exclusive that didn't have a pc version. Otherwise they'll just be re-releasing games that look identical to the PC version that has been out for years already.

Also if EA is actually doing it which I think they said they were, I would like to play the Mass Effect Trilogy from start to finish seamlessly as one big story on my PS4. Because stuff playing the mouse and keyboard only PC versions, they look better but Mass Effect is a sit back on the coach kind of game for me.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Basically everything from the first 3 years (2005 - 2008). A next-gen rerelease of the entire Mass Effect trilogy would be rad as well.

I don't see how that would be worth it unless they really went above and beyond, which they wouldn't. Those games already have PC versions, and to be honest the PC ports are nothing more than higher resolution and better framerate with no noticeable improvements to the assets and even things like AA entirely nonexistent (not including manual driver level forced AA and such). It will probably happen, but there are plenty of other games that can get much more out a new gen port.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Bayonetta I guess maybe? I dunno, put that shit out on PC or something. DmC and Revengeance seemed to expose a lot of people to a genre they don't see much of. Not that those game aren't great or anything (I enjoyed them quite a lot actually), but I'd take Bayonetta over those two any day of the week.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see a re-release of Vanquish. That game was pretty fun but the framerate was total garbage unless you were in a tiny hallway.

Yeah, this is especially noticeable if you remember that Platinum also developed Revengeance, which performed on the consoles almost without a hitch the whole way through.

ElmerGlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ElmerGlue

Deadly Premonition is the only correct answer.

I need to the the FK in my coffee with HD textures.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'd love to see a next gen version Red dead redemption.

Actually strike that, I'd like to see a next gen sequel to Red dead redemption.

Avatar image for generic_username
generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

I wish Ghost Trick was on everything.

I want everyone to play that damn game, it's so good.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I'm still getting used to 360 and PS3 being last gen...

In the interest of being archaic, I'm gonna name a two gen old game that could benefit from a re-release. FFXII needs an HD do-over. It is the perfect time for people to appreciate that game. It is the hidden gem of the FF series, and anyone who plays it will instantly get a new perspective on how recent square's separation from reality really is. Dare I say it, that game is damn near perfect.

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the rumored Mass Effect trilogy gets a substantial update/upgrade.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love for Metal Gear Solid 4 to get re-released on multiple platforms. I played it, but I think people who didn't play it last gen because they didn't have a ps3 should get a chance to.

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got Star Wars: Republic Commando on a Steam sale for 5 bucks, and I've been playing through that. It is still an amazing game and brings back some good memories of playing it a while back on the ol' Xbox. If that game got the same treatment as Halo: Anniversary, with a new engine and redone textures, it would be amazing. It is still a pretty good looking game considering it came out on the first Xbox, but a re-release with updated graphics on both next gen consoles (and I guess the WiiU, just so more people could play it) would be incredible. I would happily pay the full $60 if they went all out with a re-release.

Also, Resident Evil 4, ya know, for the lulz.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Corevi

@tyrrael: They aren't going to do a rerelease of Republic Commando since it's non canon now. The only EU stuff that is canon and will still be supported from pre Disney are The Clone Wars CGI show, the Battlefront series and The Old Republic (but not KotOR).

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#22  Edited By StarvingGamer

Super (Ultra) Street Fighter IV, Street Fighter x Tekken, and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Get those framerates locked son!

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I'd love to see a next gen version Red dead redemption.

Actually strike that, I'd like to see a next gen sequel to Red dead redemption.

I'd settle for just a remaster of Red Dead Redemption, that sort of game takes a huge effort to create and I think we'd have to wait even longer to get that if it was a sequel. It's been a while since I played it and I'd be over the moon if there was a great excuse like a well done PC version, or new console version, to play.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Off the top of my head, I can only think of GTA V that I would want to get re-released on current gen platforms. Anti-aliasing, better frame rate and higher resolution would definitely help improve the experience of exploring Los Santos.

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrrael: They aren't going to do a rerelease of Republic Commando since it's non canon now. The only EU stuff that is canon and will still be supported from pre Disney are The Clone Wars CGI show, the Battlefront series and The Old Republic (but not KotOR).

I honestly never expected that they would re-release Republic Commando, even though I didn't know it wasn't canon. Honestly, that really shouldn't enter into it. I understand why it would, but as a game, it is such an amazing experience that I think that it is worthy of a re-release just for being a great game regardless of the canon. I would also like it to be re-released just so it would be put back into the spotlight, as I think that a lot more people would get a chance to play it and hopefully enjoy it as much as I did and still do. But still, I completely understand what you meant. Oh well, there's still Steam, and it's not like you need a good rig to run it. So, I guess there's that.

GIyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Knights of the Old Republic to be re-released.

Lemonhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lemonhead

@corruptedevil said:

@tyrrael: They aren't going to do a rerelease of Republic Commando since it's non canon now.

That it's non-canon is not a good reason to rule out a re-release. Lucasfilm created the Legends branding specifically for use when re-releasing non-canon stuff.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RazielCuts

Mass Effect Trilogy with all the accompanying DLC. I know you're EA and you have to leave a backdoor in there somewhere to plug in something extra for people to buy but in this instance, don't.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Super (Ultra) Street Fighter IV, Street Fighter x Tekken, and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Get those framerates locked son!

Oh yeah.... That game does exist!!!

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#30  Edited By LordAndrew

Now that Xbox One uses Blu-ray, it would be nice to see more compilation rereleases of sixth- and seventh-generation games. PlayStation 3 got a decent number of them, but Xbox 360 missed out by sticking with DVD.