#1 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

#2 Posted by 5socks5 (189 posts) -

Sanitarium all the way! Never seen it before. but heard it was pretty moody.

#3 Posted by Marz (5672 posts) -

Crusader man!   I haven't played that in so long!

#4 Posted by Kaibar (84 posts) -

I'm ashamed to say I played none of these. However, I've heard great things about Wing Commander, so I voted for that.

#5 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

I'll leave it to those who actually know what those games are. Also, eff yeah for Thursday. Don't got no schoolin' that day so I can watch it live.

#6 Posted by Vager (1654 posts) -

Nox Nox Nox Nox Nox Nox!!!

More people need to know about that game!

#7 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

I'm going to consider this poll closed Tuesday at 5PM PST so that I have some time to get a save game going. For this week I'd like to pick a game I know I can run without too much hassle. After I get some time to fool around with virtual environments I'll start breaking out the older classics.

#8 Posted by sugetipula (98 posts) -

Clive Barker's Undying

#9 Posted by Hunkulese (2875 posts) -

Any chance in the future for some more recent obscure PC games like King's Bounty?

#10 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

Baldur's Gate 2. That game is so highly regarded, I want to see what it's about.

#11 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Yo play Evolva or Sacrifice. Play some weird shit from late era Interplay.

#12 Edited by Lotus (214 posts) -

edit: Oh its VIP, ok.

#13 Posted by LiK (925 posts) -

Clive Barker's Undying. Need some horror.

#14 Edited by Silver-Streak (1383 posts) -

@snide: YES, I suggested Undying in the first usermade thread about this.

Undying is so crazy and great. Man, I hope that wins, but I know that BG2 probably will.

Thank you for putting this up, though. Keep on being awesome.

#15 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

No idea what it is, but I picked G because it has my name in it.

#16 Posted by Curval (63 posts) -

Baldur's Gate 2 sounds like fun. It has my vote.

#17 Posted by bybeach (5000 posts) -

I'm also for Clive Barker's Undying. I played that waaay back when, hell of an atmosphere and an actual decent horror story. Gameplay was Pc okay. For then.

#18 Posted by AlexW00d (6446 posts) -

@snide: We've all seen Baldur's Gate 2 before, so save that for another time, do Temple of Elemental Evil, you know you want to.

#19 Edited by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@snide: what time Thursday, or do you not know?, Never mind, i saw it on the front page.

#20 Posted by JammyJesus (771 posts) -

BG2!

#21 Posted by endaround (2147 posts) -

Celebrate Mark Hamil's 60th birthday (it was Sunday) with some Wing Commander III!

#22 Posted by shermanatorek (114 posts) -

But it's not random if we vote. I chose the undying, I haven't seen that game

#23 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12123 posts) -

Temple of Elemental Evil of course. Everyone knows Baldur's Gate 2. Get your obscure Troika RPG on!

#24 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Temple of Elemental Evil, since Arbitrary Water's spreading the fever around.

#25 Posted by Overbite (210 posts) -

Too many gaddum RPGs play a REAL MANS game like CRUSADER NO REMORSE

#26 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

I would love to see you play Grim Fandango, mostly because I fucking love Grim Fandango and more people should.

#27 Posted by DaBuddaDa (289 posts) -

Throw some System Shock 2 in there..!

#28 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1203 posts) -
#29 Posted by Fobwashed (2239 posts) -

Leisure Suit Larry or a Space Quest please.

#30 Edited by cbk486 (187 posts) -

Maybe some Dreamfall or The Longest Journey? The original KOTOR would be nice too.

Out of this list though, it's gotta be Sanitarium. I bought it recently from GoG and its been really drawing me in.

#31 Edited by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

The deck seems stacked toward "isometric RPG from the mid 90s-> early 00s". Not terribly random. Or maybe that's true randomness. Its so random it looks like a pattern.

But when you put all those games on a list with BG2, people who've never played any of those games skim and go "I will vote for the thing I've heard of and assume its better than the other things" which is unfortunate.

#32 Posted by Butano (1790 posts) -

I'd be down for ToEE only because I've never gotten past the first town. Game is brutal in the beginning.

#33 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I would really like to see what the fuss is about with Wing Commander. In memory of Origin.

#34 Posted by Rayeth (1071 posts) -

BG2 is obviously the best game in there, but I'd like to see all of them at some point.

#35 Posted by TehJedicake (901 posts) -

Never even heard of half of these games.

#36 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1270 posts) -

Well at least I've played half of this list in their entirety. I voted for Temple of Elemental Evil. Mostly because I've never played that. Clive Barker's Undying would be my second choice as it's Cthulhu-esque. I heard the beginning is creepy and then there's some crazy gun in the middle.

#37 Edited by NoXious (1353 posts) -

Really? Baldur's Gate 2? I'm right in the process of playing it myself >< Finally dabbling with a Cleric/Ranger multi-class. A first timer for me.

I'd rather see ToEE - I have never touched that game.

EDIT: Also approve of Nox, that game is the reason I always capitalize the N and X to put more emphasize on Nox. It was a solid RPG that never got the attention it deserved, and developed by Westwood nonetheless!

#38 Posted by Toodles (37 posts) -

BG2 is probably the best game of the bunch, but I'd love to see Nox started back up and actually have some multiplayer matches (it's possible!). God I had so much fun with that.

Barring that, I'd rather see Wing Commander since that series slipped by me.

#39 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@snide: Totally TOEE. Get some Troika love up in this piece.

Whatever is chosen, for the love of god please apply a widescreen patch if the game has it. The 3/4 of the screen being black in Daggerfall was soo lame.
#40 Posted by Allison (266 posts) -

Baldur's Gate 2 is gonna be boooooring. Does ANYBODY REMEMBER how PAINFUL the intro dungeon is? That thing is like dullsville central. I mean I know we're on GiantBomb and all but come on, we've already done a giant RPG before why are you guys out to make it WORSE D:

Voted for Wing Commander 3 as it'd had the maximum fun value in the least time. Also because Wing Commander is a great silly game.

If I could see some other PC games it'd probably be weird stuff like Shivers 1 or 2, maybe 7th Guest in that regard. Just like 90's era PC CD adventure games. Alone in the Dark? Edward Carnby is that era's greatest action hero!

#41 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1270 posts) -

I love Baldur's Gate 2, but unless you're fighting a dragon or fighting a bhaal spawn I'll be less interested.

Also, love the Crusader No Remorse love going on. Although, I played the sequel first.

#42 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

Heroes III.

I know its not on the list and I know its probably not much fun to watch someone play but I fucking love that game so DO IT.

#43 Posted by Polydeukes (98 posts) -

I voted for Crusader: No Remorse but if it has to be BG2, please spare us all of the starting dungeon and install the best mod for the game: Dungeon-Be-Gone! http://www.pocketplane.net/dbg

#44 Posted by Silver-Streak (1383 posts) -

Man, BG2 is totally going to win. Boo. Everyone should vote for Undying, it is far less known/played than WC3 or BG2. And still holds up for being crazy.

#45 Posted by Mento (2808 posts) -

Not to be too bossy, but I'd prefer you leave ToEE until next week. I have reasons.

Also consider this post a write-in vote for Master of Magic. Trouble is, a game in that always starts a little slow before all the volcano armageddons, flying invisible warships and unstoppable undead armies show up.

#46 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

In proper fashion, for those that have no idea what any of these games are, here is the box art to help you decide:

I want to see who really has the shiniest nose.
#47 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

Would love to see Nox. Everyone already knows what Baldur's Gate 2 is.

#48 Posted by FengShuiGod (1492 posts) -

I'm not a subscriber, so maybe what I say doesn't matter as much, but I'd be cool with any of these except BG2. Everyone has seen that. You and Vinny playing games shouldn't be about running through what's popular, it should be about tackling quirky cult favorites.

#49 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Im trying to remember Nox. Is Nox the game where if rats huddle together they gain psychic powers?

#50 Posted by ChaosDent (234 posts) -

I voted Wing Commander 3 because I want to see some crazy 1990's FMV. Thanks for this segment, I really appreciate it, no matter what you decide to play.