#1 Posted by RE_Player1 (7558 posts) -

I bought Star Wars Battlefront 2 on Steam just now and while I am having a great time, seriously the game holds up, I'm also a little sad because I know a sequel will never get made. I've probably put over 200 hours on the PS2 version and it is up there with some of my all time favourites. Looking at the cancelled Battlefront 3 footage and now that Disney owns Star Wars saying it will only make smaller mobile games I know deep down it will never come true.

#2 Edited by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Beyond Good & Evil 2 

I mean we can all pretend it will happen but it won't. The trailer is like 4 years old already.

#3 Posted by Ducksworth (660 posts) -

Maybe one day....

#4 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Conkers Bad Fur Day, still praying. If they announce a sequel to it I will buy the next 360 in a heartbeat.

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

An FF6 remake for a DS system of any type. I want that SGI demo in my hands in some form!

#6 Edited by Undeadpool (4924 posts) -

Alpha Protocol 2: Beta Protocol. I'd really love to see a game that interesting done with a much higher level of polish.

#7 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

Kingdom Hearts 3, Valkyria Chronicles PS3/4 squeal. Those two were the first to come to mind, I'm pretty doubtful at this point.

#8 Posted by mnzy (2914 posts) -

Unreal. Maybe it will get made one day, but it doesn't look like it.

#9 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

Republic Commando 2. I'll just get that one out of the way for others.

#10 Posted by DillonWerner (1526 posts) -

Episode 3

#11 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -

Alpha Protocol 2

#12 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Jack268 said:

Beyond Good & Evil 2 I mean we can all pretend it will happen but it won't. The trailer is like 4 years old already.

Don't crush my hopes and dreams. : (

#13 Posted by CooVee (146 posts) -

Knights of the Old Republic 3. 

#14 Posted by Bleshoo (127 posts) -

Xenosaga Episode IV

#15 Posted by Deathdealer108 (290 posts) -

Mirrors Edge 2. I wont trust that its being made until I see something concrete. Its been "predicted" too many times.

#16 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1807 posts) -

I would love to see a F2P MOBA set in the Brutal Legend universe.

#17 Posted by Animasta (14673 posts) -

Nier 2

though really it would be a prequel detailing what happened with the red eyed legion in Jerusalem, but still

#18 Posted by AndrewB (7588 posts) -

Do you want me to give you a list?

Tops on there would have to be Warcraft 4. I guess that's actually a possibility if Blizzard makes an MMO based off a new IP and it becomes a success, but I just don't see that being soon enough.

Also, Katawa Shoujo 2.

#19 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4398 posts) -

Folklore 2.

#20 Posted by Levius (1109 posts) -

Full Spectrum Warrior 3. Combine that gameplay with XCOM style base-building and permadeath soldiers (imagine desperately carrying your vets back to the medic under fire) and you've probably made my perfect game.

#21 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

Shenmue 3 or another Conker game.

@AndrewB said:

Also, Katawa Shoujo 2.

Do you mean another groups of characters in the school or a full on sequel with Hisao and the lot? I can't see the latter working.

#22 Posted by supermonkey122 (816 posts) -

@Hizang said:

Conkers Bad Fur Day, still praying. If they announce a sequel to it I will buy the next 360 in a heartbeat.

This. Or a true Jak and Daxter sequel made by Naughty Dog.

#23 Posted by fuzzybunny566 (451 posts) -

Super Kid Icarus for the SNES

#24 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@BabyChooChoo said:

Folklore 2.

Oh man yes, think of how that could look now or even on the next generation of hardware. 
#25 Posted by Ghostiet (5250 posts) -

@Kyreo said:

Fuck you. It's going to happen and it's going to be as good as the first one! I bet it will. I know it. I believe it. I have to.

#26 Posted by Slay3r1583 (608 posts) -

Phantom Dust 2. Hell just make a multiplayer only XBLA game and I'd be super happy.

#27 Posted by AndrewB (7588 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Shenmue 3 or another Conker game.

@AndrewB said:

Also, Katawa Shoujo 2.

Do you mean another groups of characters in the school or a full on sequel with Hisao and the lot? I can't see the latter working.

Well, I'm partially joking only because I doubt another game with the same premise could capture what KS did, but if it did get made, it would have to be with a new set of characters. There were plenty more people at that school.

Alternatively, they could just make Misha's sub-route canon and run from there.

#28 Posted by Elyk247 (366 posts) -

@Jack268 said:

Beyond Good & Evil 2 I mean we can all pretend it will happen but it won't. The trailer is like 4 years old already.

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Ubi says that they are still working on it, but I think it will come out eventually.

@Hizang said:

This will never happen, at least not in the capacity you hope. Chris Seavor, the voice of Conker and project lead, doesn't even work at Rare anymore. And if you follow the guy on twitter, you'll know that he has no love toward the company at all anymore.

#29 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

Dark Cloud 3. Level-5 used to give hints back in 2003 shortly after the second game's release, but eventually they just stopped talking about it. It's soon 10 years since that was released, and at this point I've just given up about it. Damn shame since Dark Cloud 2 was one of my favorite games ever released on PS2, but nowadays they mostly seem to care about Professor Layton.

#30 Posted by SpaceLumberjack (1 posts) -

Skies of Arcadia 2.

#31 Posted by Zeik (2369 posts) -

Lunar 3 probably. Or Suikoden VI.

#32 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Mirrors Edge, but found out today DICE is working on ME2. So I will say Lost Odyssey

#33 Posted by Nihilius (168 posts) -

Shenmue 3. :(

#34 Posted by ilovebees (75 posts) -

Psychonauts

#35 Posted by Callumrides (357 posts) -

freedom fighters 2 *holds breath*

#36 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@Elyk247 said:

@Jack268 said:

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Ubi says that they are still working on it, but I think it will come out eventually.

@Hizang said:

This will never happen, at least not in the capacity you hope. Chris Seavor, the voice of Conker and project lead, doesn't even work at Rare anymore. And if you follow the guy on twitter, you'll know that he has no love toward the company at all anymore.

I know, it's why I posted it in the thread called..

What sequel do you want but know will never be made?

#37 Posted by Redbullet685 (6035 posts) -
#38 Posted by Talksin (39 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Alpha Protocol 2

Shit yeah, that's exactly what I was gonna post. I played the hell out of that game.

#39 Posted by Pickingwings (182 posts) -

Still waiting on Viewtiful Joe 3. Still waiting...

#40 Posted by JasonR86 (9657 posts) -

Beyond Good and Evil 2

Anachronox 2

King's Field 5 (the Souls games aren't the same!)

#41 Posted by casper_ (903 posts) -

freespace 3, bushido blade 3, psychonauts 2

#42 Posted by Shortbreadtom (750 posts) -

Jak sequel would blow my mind. I would buy a whole console to play it.

#43 Posted by Daneian (1228 posts) -

@Ducksworth said:

Maybe one day....

This and Fear Effect 3

#44 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3204 posts) -

KOA: Reckoning

#45 Posted by ahgunsillyo (448 posts) -
#46 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2159 posts) -

@Ducksworth said:

Maybe one day....

#47 Posted by BackupPanic (114 posts) -
@Kyreo said:

Thank you kindly, good sir.
#48 Posted by BeachThunder (11849 posts) -

System Shock 3

#49 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Urban Chaos : Riot Response, Batman is to blame ... maybe we'll get a Star Wars Replublic Commando 2 now that Disney owns star wars? and Sega just don't give a danm about Valkyria Chronicles to make one for the PS3.

#50 Posted by Meepasaurus (213 posts) -

I wish Capcom would localize Ace Attorney Investigations 2. :( I've also always wanted a sequel to Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (N64), but I think Okami scratched that itch well enough.