#51 Posted by Draxyle (1903 posts) -

Mostly repeating a bunch here, but they deserve repeating.

Having just completed Alpha Protocol (twice in a row), I'd definitely love a sequel as well. They handled dynamic storytelling better than Heavy Rain and Mass Effect for certain; during the replay I couldn't believe the amount of scenarios they had to adapt the story for just to fit your actions. That game deserves a second run.

Dark Cloud 3 for sure. I tried replaying DC2 just a month ago, and a lot of it doesn't quite hold up anymore. But with some layers of polish and less grinding involved, a sequel could be the greatest thing ever.

I also have to second another proper Valkyria Chronicles on the PS3 (or PS4?). Going to the PSP was such a mistake; the fragmented maps and the loss of the visual style really damaged the core of the franchise.

Suikoden. The world isn't complete yet, dammit. There's still more stories to be told and true runes to discover.

Definitely another Xenosaga; or at least a retelling of the story that puts out all six episodes as originally intended. It pains me to think of how much more impossible this one is compared to the rest. Xenoblade was great, but it lacked some of the punch of its predecessors.

#52 Posted by TheCowman (60 posts) -

Some have already been mentioned. Psychonauts 2, Alpha Protocol 2, Mirror's Edge 2.

Another for me would be a sequel to Commander Blood. I'd love to see Blood and his crew's ongoing search for a way to travel back to the Big Bang. Sorta like a cross between Monkey Island and Mass Effect.

#53 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2727 posts) -

Timesplitters 4, Power Stone 3, Halo Wars 2, way too many man.

#54 Posted by ninjalegend (467 posts) -

Freedom Fighters 2. The reasons that won't happen are pretty obvious.

Mercenaries 3. The first one was great. The second a buggy mess. Poor Pandemic.

Vanquish 2. Vanquish was a great game. Why didn't anyone buy it?

Shadow Complex 2. Once chair figured out if you take apart an Iphone, money falls out, that kind of killed the chances of a proper sequel any time soon.

Final Fantasy Tactics 2. Not some crappy ds side story. A true sequel. And while they are at it, Vagrant story 2. Those will never happen because square hates it's fans.

#55 Posted by RE_Player1 (7530 posts) -

@Draxyle: I didn't mind Valkyria Chronicles 2 but than again I also got it for $10. I agree they should make a proper PS3 or PS4 sequel though.

#56 Posted by Xeirus (1407 posts) -

Dungeon Keeper 3

There are similar games, but they just don't capture the same feeling :(

#57 Posted by Aegon (5903 posts) -

Okami 2

#58 Posted by PixelPrinny (1050 posts) -

Xenogears: Perfect Works Edition or Suikoden 6

#59 Edited by OtakuGamer (1315 posts) -

Timesplitters 4. Such a shame on what happened to Free Radical.

EDIT: Seriously, all of these classic games not getting a single thought but fucking Homefront 2 still manages to get a green light. *pfft*

#60 Posted by prod88 (47 posts) -

Resonance of Fate.

#61 Posted by Cyrus_Saren (541 posts) -

@PixelPrinny said:

Xenogears: Perfect Works Edition or Suikoden 6

This. God, this.

#62 Posted by Morningstar (2246 posts) -

Dungeon Keeper 3 would be pretty nice. Space Rangers 3 as well. Neither looks like it will be made.

#63 Posted by Scarlet_Rogue (505 posts) -

Psychonauts, Baldurs Gate 3, Mega Man Legends 3 (Mega man anything for that matter.), Xenogears II, Metroid Dread, Mirrors Edge II, A Final Fantsay game taking place in FF VI's world, Jak and Daxter 4, Darksiders III, Kid Icarus Uprising (either a wii U remake or a sequel), Demon Stone, Prince of Persia, Sonic Battle, Toe Jam and Earl, and an IGA-style 2D Castlevania game.

#64 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

I desperately want a sequel to the 2008 Prince of Persia. I loved that game but I doubt Ubisoft will do it. They'll probably just reboot it again.

#65 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5825 posts) -

I'd like to play another game set in the Planescape universe.

it wouldn't have to be a direct sequel to Torment, I just want to explore that game's world some more.

#66 Posted by Animasta (14744 posts) -

@prod88 said:

Resonance of Fate.

I love that game but a sequel would be dumb considering how it ends (a spiritual sequel would be cool tho)

#67 Posted by CageySquid (20 posts) -

Ditto to Suikoden and Psychonauts. I'd like to see a sequel or downloadable remake of Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

#68 Posted by Butano (1802 posts) -

Alpha Protocol 2, Star Wars Battlefront 3, the rest of the Advent Rising trilogy, and Psi Ops 2.

#69 Posted by AuthenticM (3812 posts) -

The Legend of Dragoon 2

#70 Posted by JeanLuc (3614 posts) -

@Kyreo said:

Republic Commando 2. I'll just get that one out of the way for others.

yeah...

#71 Posted by Brenderous (1105 posts) -

Enslaved.

#72 Posted by UitDeToekomst (761 posts) -

Probably not a popular opinion, but I'd be onboard for a Prototype 3.

#73 Posted by Flappy (2374 posts) -

Uh... PsiOps 2, Nier 2, KOTOR 3...

I'm sure there are many more to add to that list, but those are the ones that come to mind first.

#74 Posted by HarlechQuinn (451 posts) -

@FancySoapsMan said:

I'd like to play another game set in the Planescape universe.

it wouldn't have to be a direct sequel to Torment, I just want to explore that game's world some more.

*High Five*

#75 Posted by evanbower (1216 posts) -

Beyond Good & Evil and Star Fox (with a larger role-playing, on-ship mechanic... Mass Ef-Fox?). Also, I don't necessarily want a sequel to Killer 7, but I want Suda to make another game that... raw.

#76 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Jak 4 made by Naughty Dog, STALKER 2 made by GSC. The latter is impossible and the other's improbable.

Oh and Half Life ep. 3. But that's never going to happen.

#77 Posted by _Zombie_ (1464 posts) -

Darkwatch 2. It's a goddamn crime that a sequel was never made.

#78 Posted by Genkkaku (740 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Alpha Protocol 2

@Slay3r1583 said:

Phantom Dust 2. Hell just make a multiplayer only XBLA game and I'd be super happy.

Damn I had completely forgotten about this game.. Damn was it awesome..

#79 Posted by StarvingGamer (8598 posts) -

Final Fantasy Tactics II

#80 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11485 posts) -

Alpha Protocol II (or Bravo Protocol, as I would call it), Two Human, and Shenmue III are the ones that come to mind for me.

I've been waiting for the next Half-Life and F-Zero games as well, but those will come, eventually.

#81 Posted by Zuldim (287 posts) -

Well, I generally try to hold out hope that these games will eventually be made, but uh...

Psychonauts 2

Kingdom Hearts 3

Another proper Paper Mario game (that plays like TTYD!)

Warcraft 4

Another Deus Ex game (didn't Human Revolution sell really poorly?)

#82 Posted by Nelander (177 posts) -

Alpha protocol 2: The omega directive or Planescape 2

#83 Posted by CreepyUncleBrad (176 posts) -

Tomba 3 or Klonoa 3. Mostly Tomba though.

#84 Edited by jakob187 (21785 posts) -

Vagrant Story 2

Dark Cloud 3

@Jack268 said:

Beyond Good & Evil 2 I mean we can all pretend it will happen but it won't. The trailer is like 4 years old already.

Ancel has already been asked about this recently, and he specifically stated that it's deep into development and is currently targeted for the next generation of consoles, that nothing can be shown solely because Microsoft and Sony haven't announced new consoles so they can't break any type of NDA and embargo about that shit. He also mentioned that it's targeted for Wii U as well, which brings up questions about a generational gap in graphics most likely between the Wii U release and the Durango/Orbis releases.

By the way, those comments were literally made about a week and a half ago.

#85 Posted by LTSmash (668 posts) -

I'll second Mercenaries 3 and add Elite Beat Agents 2. A Mercenaries sequel made by, say, Volition would be incredible.

#86 Posted by Acura_Max (89 posts) -

@Zuldim: Apparently it did so well that Hollywood is making a movie for it:link

#87 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (1217 posts) -

Enslaved 2

#88 Posted by crusader8463 (14433 posts) -
  • Vanguard Bandits 2
  • A good Command and Conquer game based around Kane and the Brotherhood of NOD
  • Command and Conquer Renegade 2
  • Earth and Beyond 2
  • A turn based Front Mission game.
  • City of Heroes 2
  • Dragon Age 2
  • Evil Genius 2
#89 Posted by TheHT (11973 posts) -

Breakdown 2.

#90 Posted by DeF (4997 posts) -

Another entry in the Soul Blazer-saga. RIP Quintet ...

@Jack268 said:

Beyond Good & Evil 2 I mean we can all pretend it will happen but it won't. The trailer is like 4 years old already.

you weirdly pick one that is actually in development and continually being mentioned.

#91 Posted by vaportra1l (271 posts) -

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4

#92 Posted by Zuldim (287 posts) -

@Acura_Max said:

@Zuldim: Apparently it did so well that Hollywood is making a movie for it:link

Yeah, I heard about that, but IIRC that deal was made before the game even released. Still a weird choice, though not a bad one.

#93 Posted by WarlordPayne (706 posts) -

Psi-Ops 2. Loved that game, it's a travesty that there will never be a sequel.

#94 Posted by coribald (316 posts) -

Rise Of Nations 2.

RIP Big Huge Games

#95 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -
#96 Posted by JohnLocke (278 posts) -

Transport Tycoon 3 by Chris Sawyer - The second game (I think, or maybe the first, I think it was TT2 Deluxe I got anyway) was awesome. Locomotion came close to a sequel but lacked the business aspects of the first (such as increasing popularity in cities, buying competitors out etc) and the trains would get a heck of a lot. Make a sequel to this with more business strategies, improved graphics, and better AI (in terms of trains being able to share multiple routes and the AI not being so slow on what it builds), and I will buy it.

Theme Hospital 2- Loved the original game, great sense of humour. It would be nice to see this again, maybe just ease the difficulty curve a bit and this would be great.

Also, a true sequel to TOCA Touring Cars 2, not the Race Driver or GRID variety, but one that is focused on Touring Cars and has full career mode with private and production teams, multiplayer, co-op championship etc.

#97 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1862 posts) -

Republic Commando 2

God Hand 2

Vanquish 2

that's all i want ;_;

#98 Posted by jdownes (30 posts) -

Godhand 2

Enslaved 2

#99 Posted by Atlas (2461 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption 2, or Red Dead *insert random noun here* or whatever.

I'd also really like someone to make a sequel to The Saboteur. That game had a great atmosphere and some good - if campy - storytelling, and a sequel with better gameplay could be sensational.

#100 Posted by Illuminosopher (336 posts) -

Evil Zone