What should I do?

Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jnal

So to start off a few months back I won a contest which netted me 100 Xbox 360 games. All I know are they are the top 100 best selling used games from GameStop, and they should be arriving in the next few days. I was thinking about doing something with them, either some type of video or writing project. As you can tell I'm not the most imaginative so I figured I would see what others would think about doing. I probably won't do all 100 but that should give me a decent selection to do something with. Any comments are welcome.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nightriff

Turn around a sell them back to GS or on Amazon and get what you want

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I'd definitely like to see some photos at the very least.

Some sort of list might be interesting too. I'm curious if you might be able to notice some anomalies in their used game sales by taking note of what games are present or absent from that package (unless that info is already available from GameStop...in which case the list is probably unnecessary).

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4  Edited By Hizang

@Jnal said:

So to start off a few months back I won a contest which netted me 100 Xbox 360 games. All I know are they are the top 100 best selling used games from GameStop, and they should be arriving in the next few days. I was thinking about doing something with them, either some type of video or writing project. As you can tell I'm not the most imaginative so I figured I would see what others would think about doing. I probably won't do all 100 but that should give me a decent selection to do something with. Any comments are welcome.

Keep the good ones and trade in the bad ones.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I'm curious though...are they sending you new or used copies of these games? It would be hilarious if they were all just random scratched up discs in replacement cases or sleeves.

Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jnal

@Chaser324: When the games get here I'll take some photos and throw them on this thread. They are all used copies and I only have a general idea based on our best seller section. I work at GameStop and it was a corporate contest so I'll get screwed on that point. Our store won and we've all been joking they are going to be scratched up Madden and Kinect games.

@Hizang: That is another idea I'm thinking about.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Grillbar

first off i want a picture, second sell the ones you dont want.

or donate them them to something like child's play

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PeasantAbuse

You should "donate" the box of games to me.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9  Edited By Hizang

@Jnal: Cooperate contest, hm, well if you trade them in make sure its not the one you work in!

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SmilingPig

I hope for you that you wont get 50+ EA sports games.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By TruthTellah

@Jnal: Perhaps do a giveaway to fellow duders?

Or, well, I guess if you're an awful monster, you could donate a lot of the games to charities who give to needy children and soldiers...

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Feanor

Put them all on a shelf, so you look cool for the ladies.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#13  Edited By Little_Socrates

Holy cow, these contests actually have winners? Blowing my mind.

Depends how much writing you want to do. Obviously, write something up upon receiving 100 games at once, photos included. After that, I'd say blog about each game in the set by chronological release, but I wouldn't expect you to write a check you can't cash and promise that you'll play all of them. Review the ones you finish, though, I love quality user reviews.

Otherwise, Child's Play would be awesome for the ones that don't interest you. Bringing life back to 's Game Give-Away concept would be awesome too, but that is a lot more insular.

Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jnal

@Little_Socrates: I thought the same way about the contest. Doing reviews on them was one of my first ideas. I was thinking maybe doing a certain genre but the chronological thing could be a bit interesting. Maybe give some perspective on some of the games are really old. Also as a Dollars trilogy fan I like your avatar.

runnah555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By runnah555

I call dibs.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pyrodactyl
@SmilingPig

I hope for you that you wont get 50+ EA sports games.

That would be the worst thing... Madden, nhl,fifa, tiger woods, fight night, nba and all equivalent 2k games from 2007 to 2013. That must be about 60 or 70 games out of 100.
renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By renmckormack

Put them in one of those skeet throwing things and shoot them with a shotgun like a gentleman.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ravenlight

Eat them. For charity.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MikkaQ

I'd be at least curious to see a list of the top 100 best selling used games. i dunno maybe play them all in rapid succession and do one paragraph writeups on each?

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By subject2change

I can;t even think of 100 games on either console I would want...pick out the ones you want, sell some, donate or give some away with a contest of your own. Art, Story, whatever you want.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By Dagbiker

Go through them and list every thing missing ( manuals, accessories, and content only available to new costumers.) And then show everybody how bad of confession they are. And then try to triad them in and show everybody how much money you get. All anonymously of course.

Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jnal
No Caption Provided

@Grillbar: @Little_Socrates: @MikkaQ: So after a couple of delays and Hurricane Sandy I finally received my games. The total trade value at GameStop with some bonuses thrown in equals around $1000 store credit and around $640 cash. The trade value is pretty tempting since I was looking at getting a 3DS XL and some games along with Hitman and Far Cry 3 when they come out.

I'll update this with an actual list after a bit, but the highlights are Sleeping Dogs, Bioshock 1&2, Darksiders 1&2, All of the Assassin's Creeds except 3, Max Payne 3, Mass Effect 1,2, and 3, Left 4 Dead 1&2, Portal 2, Dead Island, Dead Space 1&2, All Halos except 4, etc. Most came in the original cases with the manuals which shocked me.

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheCreamFilling

Build a fort.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Thats a lot of gaming

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By htr10

@Jnal said:

No Caption Provided

@Grillbar: @Little_Socrates: @MikkaQ: So after a couple of delays and Hurricane Sandy I finally received my games. The total trade value at GameStop with some bonuses thrown in equals around $1000 store credit and around $640 cash. The trade value is pretty tempting since I was looking at getting a 3DS XL and some games along with Hitman and Far Cry 3 when they come out.

I'll update this with an actual list after a bit, but the highlights are Sleeping Dogs, Bioshock 1&2, Darksiders 1&2, All of the Assassin's Creeds except 3, Max Payne 3, Mass Effect 1,2, and 3, Left 4 Dead 1&2, Portal 2, Dead Island, Dead Space 1&2, All Halos except 4, etc. Most came in the original cases with the manuals which shocked me.

After seeing that the haul is exactly pretty awesome, all things considered, I think you should do something creative, as mentioned in your original post. Maybe marathon through all 100 games by playing each one until you die once and then switching to the next game and blog or stream it. I don't know, I'm not very creative either. Someone else must have a good idea. Seriously though, that is a great catalog of 360 games you got for free. Nice.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cthomer5000

I would trade in a bunch and sit on the credit for the next gen consoles. This time next year that's what you are REALLY going to want.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@Jnal: That's actually a pretty great haul. Good to see it's not just 100 copies of Madden 2008.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By rachelepithet

Fund the raid.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By redcream

Two words: Endurance run

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By nail1080

Make a video if you have a youtube channel since it's a bit of a gimmick that might interest people, however if you don't have a decent capture device and mic don't bother. After you're finished trade in most of the games you don't want, 400 to 600 dollars sounds tempting if you need the cash.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WickedFather

Trade them in for a ps3 or a pheyyew.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By SSully

Damn that is actually really good. Congrats duder. I like

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By iam3green

that is pretty good collection, from what i can see. i would say play them or at least the ones that you're looking into.

have you looked at the games? they scratched terribly?

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By JaredA

@boocreepyfootdoctor said:

Fund the raid.
Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jnal

@iam3green: Not really some are new games converted to used so they haven't been played. The worst I've seen was NCAA 13 which was resurfaced and you could still see the system scratch. That one is getting traded.

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Xtrememuffinman

Burn it down.

Take down the establishment.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@Jnal said:

@iam3green: Not really some are new games converted to used so they haven't been played. The worst I've seen was NCAA 13 which was resurfaced and you could still see the system scratch. That one is getting traded.

Personally, I'd keep about 10 to 15 percent of them, and walk away with about 700 to 900 dollars in credit. If you want advice on what to keep and what to trade, I'd post a complete list with a * next to any title that you've already played. After that, I'm sure some people in this thread can answer some questions if you're on the fence about any of them.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ravenlight

I stand by my original suggestion.