What should the next Breaking Brad game be?

• 153 results
McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By McGhee

@Peanut said:

I think people are entirely missing the point by suggesting he play through an entire game. Breaking Brad isn't an ER.

Didn't he just play through all of Doom 2?

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By endaround

Looks like he has a bunch of Challenge Room stuff in Arkham City to do.

And a bunch of the optional bosses in FF13 to do.

He's one short in Afterburner Climax.

The R-type ones he has left seem a great way for him to suffer.

The Pac-Man EX one of 400,000 pts also seems a good choice.

Though watching him trying to S rank Wordament would be fun if, you know, they time lapse it.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By colourful_hippie

Yeah, hardcore Dead Space 2 would be awesome.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By pyrodactyl

@McGhee said:

@Metric_Outlaw said:

I would love to see him try to get anything in Dark Souls.

Doom 2 worked because brad got kinda good at playing doom. I can't see him getting good at playing dark souls. Way to slow and methodical. He would give up before the second bell or even the first one...

Also it has been demontrated time and time again: the GB crew can't play, talk and think at the same time. If you're not thinking in dark souls, you're fucking dead.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Animasta

@McGhee said:

@Peanut said:

I think people are entirely missing the point by suggesting he play through an entire game. Breaking Brad isn't an ER.

Didn't he just play through all of Doom 2?

he started at map 17 iirc, so no

shermanatorek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By shermanatorek

Has he played Demon's Souls? If not he should play that.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By Genkkaku

@Barrock said:

Hard to the Core in Dead Space 2, and 7 Day Survivor in Dead Rising.

10 hours of Brad playing Dead Rising.. I am in!

Garris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Garris

Did he ever end up getting the iwbtg in supermeatboy?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By handlas

How about RE6 Mercenaries mode? Looks like he may be reviewing it. Of course, unless it sucks.

JackOhara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By JackOhara

@Metric_Outlaw said:

I would love to see him try to get anything in Dark Souls.

Game is actually not that difficult, deprived with calamity ring run might make it so

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

DARK SOULS!

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#62  Edited By breadfan

@ChadMasterFlash said:

He should go back and get the "Survived 1,000,000" in Geometry Wars

Didn't Brad try that at some point, or am I just imagining that?

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By jonnyboy

@Phatmac said:

My idea is to have Brad play a campaign on Expert with Realism in Left 4 Dead 2. What is your suggestion for a new breaking brad game?

The achievement I'm talking about is The Real Deal. It requires you to beat a campaign on expert with realism on.

Hate to break it to you but that achievement was goddamned impossible (we tried), that is right up until the point when the 'Gib Fest' mutation was introduced. If you turn that on, you can get through a complete chapter, start to finish, on your own, on expert, without using a health pack, in under 30 mins.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#64  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

A couple of people have said Dead Space 2 on Hardcore and I have to agree. I've wanted to see that ever since Brad brought up the idea back when the game first came out.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By gkhan

Both Geometry Wars and The Mile High Club are both perfect Breaking Brad challenges because they're small and focused and you have to play them over and over again and basically memorize everything that's happening until you go insane. Those challenges are much better than just "play through Dark Souls" which isn't really in the spirit of the feature.

The best example I can think of is the the Better Than Developers achievement from the first Trine. It is exactly that same kind of challenge as the Mile High Club, though perhaps just slightly easier. Still maddening, though, and I think it would make for a very entertaining video.

EDIT: Here's a good video showing how you get it. You basically have to memorize that path exactly and then execute it perfectly (which gets really tricky at the end, with the folding platforms), otherwise you get eaten by the rising lava. Once you've done that, then all you have to do is kill an army of skeletons and do some tricky jumping to get to the top, all without dying with any character.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#66  Edited By Phatmac
@jonnyboy Didn't know that. I'm still glad my idea is better than the typical Dark Souks response.
gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By gkhan

@Breadfan said:

@ChadMasterFlash said:

He should go back and get the "Survived 1,000,000" in Geometry Wars

Didn't Brad try that at some point, or am I just imagining that?

It was the first Breaking Brad, in fact.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By jonnyboy

@gkhan said:

Both Geometry Wars and The Mile High Club are both perfect Breaking Brad challenges because they're small and focused and you have to play them over and over again and basically memorize everything that's happening until you go insane. Those challenges are much better than just "play through Dark Souls" which isn't really in the spirit of the feature.

The best example I can think of is the the Better Than Developers achievement from the first Trine. It is exactly that same kind of challenge as the Mile High Club, though perhaps just slightly easier. Still maddening, though, and I think it would make for a very entertaining video.

I agree, you want some new to look at while still screaming at the screen because you get what needs to happen, to that end I would also suggest either All Hail the 'Splode King or if we really want to see Brad broken Best of the Best, from Splosion Man and Ms Splosion man respectively. Both are vibrant and interesting, and require learning pasterns and sequences. I'll say this though, Ms Splosion Man is a poorly designed game, with wonky camera and blind faith jumps, I would start to feel sorry for him after a few hours. Also the sound design would make me want to stuff cacti in my ears.

mscupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#69  Edited By mscupcakes

He should play I Wanna Be The Guy, that's what all the cool kids are into, right?

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By jonnyboy

@Phatmac said:

@jonnyboy Didn't know that. I'm still glad my idea is better than the typical Dark Souks response.

I love L4D and personally I'd love to see him try and get The Real Deal, but if you want to get that achievement legit you're gonna need three shit hot L4D2 players with you, the greatest weapon in that game by far are your team mates.

And a lonely Brad, is a broken Brad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Demon's Souls!

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#72  Edited By Bigandtasty

Super Soviet Missile Mastar minigame on Alien Hominid HD.

So simple yet so frustrating.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#73  Edited By BeachThunder

VVVVVV - Veni Vidi Vici.

or

Jamestown - Judgement Day - complete any level on Judgement difficulty.

dewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By dewar

72 hour survivor in Dead Rising.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ShaggE

@handlas said:

@Vinny_Says said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

@Vinny_Says said:

dead space 1 on impossible with only the plasma cutter

Actually, I bet that Dead Space 2's hardcore mode would be an entertaining watch.

@Mr_Misery said:

@Vinny_Says said:

Raise the stakes and make it Dead Space 2 on Hardcore.

@handlas said:

@MiniPato said:

@Vinny_Says said:

Ah, that ain't so hard. Aside from some select moments, Dead Space 1 is pretty easy, even on the hardest difficulties. I'd say Dead Space 2 on hardcore would be more fun to watch since there's more pressure involved and it'd be funny to see Brad get sent back to the beginning of the game after 3-4 hours of gameplay. And it'd have to be the PS3 version so he's restricted to the 3 saves and not 4.

I was thinking the same. I beat Dead Space 1 on hard with only plasma cutter my first playthrough. There was no unlockable difficulty right? I S ranked it so I don't think there was. It wasn't hard at all. Dead Space 2 was indeed harder... I just remember being stuck in rooms and feeling like some of the enemies coming were endless. Was more annoying than anything and why I still think Dead Space 1 is better.

But I don't think they want a full length game for Breaking Brad... right? More of a short, hard segment of a game or a XBLA game or something? I enjoyed watching him try to do Trials. I'd be up for more of that.

There is no way Brad could beat dead space 2 with only 3 saves, watching him restart after 3 hours of gameplay would be stupid. I said Dead Space 1 because although it is hard it is not impossible. It is an unlockable difficulty but I know he's already beat the game at least once.

I can sit here and say that mile high club wasn't hard at all nor is dead space on impossible (yes I have them both) but for someone like Brad I'm sure it would be a nice challenge. The only difference between Dead Space and Dead Space 2 on their hardest challenge is the 3 saves problem, the difficulty is the same. But if ya'll want Dead Space 2 is fine as well.

Well I'm a unique soul that only ever uses 1 save on every single game I play. :)

Never really see the point in multiple saves. It's not like the old days like Resident Evil where you could use up all your ammo and be completely f*cked.

I think you misunderstand. It's not three save SLOTS, it's three saves PERIOD.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#76  Edited By impartialgecko

FTL. Make it happen

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

S-ranking Spelunky. Hell just get him to the Golden City, oh, and beat the game the hard way :)

laussica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By laussica

Afrika :)

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By JoeyRavn

@Peanut said:

This. This so much. A short game like FTL could be plausible, but, come on. Breaking Bad is supposed to be about getting a single, precise and concrete accomplishment (getting an Achievement is the perfect goal). I loved the recent Doom 2 stream, but at the end he was more "tired" than "broken". I would want Brad to tackle something more specific than "beat X game in difficult Y with restrictions Z".

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#80  Edited By bushpusherr

It's quick, it's direct, it's very specific. Unlocking "The Kid" in Super Meat Boy. Also, I would love for a tsunami of congratulations and jubilation after finishing the first level, only for him to be utterly destroyed by the 2nd level of this series. (all in all, the 3rd level is cake by comparison).

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Vexxan

Trials HD, Marathon achievement.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By thebunnyhunter

@bushpusherr: Why do you hate Brad so much? Why would you want to inflict that upon Brad, or anyone? But that would be amazing

stalefishies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By stalefishies

Yeah, I think the Super Meat Boy one is the best. As much as I'd like to see more Dark Souls, it's just far too nebulous to work as a Breaking Brad. Unlocking the Kid in SMB is simple, there's an achievement tied to it, Brad hasn't got the achievement, it's damn hard, and you can see from the Lemon Lens that he's going to struggle with it.

I think another good one would be to just beat Spelunky. Not in under 8 minutes like in the BLLSL, but just to beat the damn game. You could do either beating the game with or without shortcuts, and Brad has neither achievement.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#84  Edited By Castiel

Completing Lantern Run on single player.

But that might be such a traumatic experience that he will never play a game again.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#85  Edited By JTB123

I think he should have another go at surviving 1 million points in geometry wars, that was a great breaking Brad.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By bushpusherr

@stalefishies said:

Yeah, I think the Super Meat Boy one is the best. As much as I'd like to see more Dark Souls, it's just far too nebulous to work as a Breaking Brad. Unlocking the Kid in SMB is simple, there's an achievement tied to it, Brad hasn't got the achievement, it's damn hard, and you can see from the Lemon Lens that he's going to struggle with it.

I think another good one would be to just beat Spelunky. Not in under 8 minutes like in the BLLSL, but just to beat the damn game. You could do either beating the game with or without shortcuts, and Brad has neither achievement.

Thinking of it now, I think the only drawback to unlocking "The Kid" is that it absolutely has to be done in one go. I mean, if he ended up pulling through and beating the first level, but didn't have the endurance to finish the rest that day? If he ever wanted to try again, he'd have to go through the first level all over again. None of his progress would matter.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Sooty

Dead Space 2 Hardcore

johnaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By johnaze

Another John Romero designed game.... Daikatana

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By abendlaender

Nothing like SMB or Geometry Wars. It's kinda boring watching a guy doing the same 10-30 seconds over and over again. Doom was awesome cause stuff changes and you make progress. Geometry Wars was pretty boring cause it's always the same. I would watch Brad playing FTL, that would be cool but I guess the game is still too new? So maybe Binding of Isaac or Spelunky? That could be fun.

stalefishies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By stalefishies
@bushpusherr said:

@stalefishies said:

Thinking of it now, I think the only drawback to unlocking "The Kid" is that it absolutely has to be done in one go. I mean, if he ended up pulling through and beating the first level, but didn't have the endurance to finish the rest that day? If he ever wanted to try again, he'd have to go through the first level all over again. None of his progress would matter.

From experience, once you've beaten it once it's WAY easier to do it a second time.
RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By RazielCuts

A lot of these are sounding more and more like Endurance Run's but on a harder difficulty, I think they should be more focused like the Mile High Club achievement (although doing the same scenario over and over could get a bit tedious).

To contradict what I said in the beginning and jump in with the campaign esque ones's, just because it ties into an upcoming release, Halo Reach Legendary Solo - A Monument to All Your Sins

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By abendlaender

@RazielCuts:

Yeah, that's why I think that FTL or other vaguely Roguelikes like Binding of Isaac would be perfect. They are short (in theory), always different and can be super difficult.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By bushpusherr

@stalefishies said:

@bushpusherr said:

@stalefishies said:

From experience, once you've beaten it once it's WAY easier to do it a second time.

I agree, I've done it multiple times as well. If it came to that scenario though, I highly doubt he would give it a second try.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#94  Edited By benspyda

I guess beating Dark Souls could be both the next ER & BB.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By handlas

@ShaggE said:

@handlas said:

@Vinny_Says said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

@Vinny_Says said:

Actually, I bet that Dead Space 2's hardcore mode would be an entertaining watch.

@Mr_Misery said:

@Vinny_Says said:

Raise the stakes and make it Dead Space 2 on Hardcore.

@handlas said:

@MiniPato said:

@Vinny_Says said:

Ah, that ain't so hard. Aside from some select moments, Dead Space 1 is pretty easy, even on the hardest difficulties. I'd say Dead Space 2 on hardcore would be more fun to watch since there's more pressure involved and it'd be funny to see Brad get sent back to the beginning of the game after 3-4 hours of gameplay. And it'd have to be the PS3 version so he's restricted to the 3 saves and not 4.

I was thinking the same. I beat Dead Space 1 on hard with only plasma cutter my first playthrough. There was no unlockable difficulty right? I S ranked it so I don't think there was. It wasn't hard at all. Dead Space 2 was indeed harder... I just remember being stuck in rooms and feeling like some of the enemies coming were endless. Was more annoying than anything and why I still think Dead Space 1 is better.

But I don't think they want a full length game for Breaking Brad... right? More of a short, hard segment of a game or a XBLA game or something? I enjoyed watching him try to do Trials. I'd be up for more of that.

There is no way Brad could beat dead space 2 with only 3 saves, watching him restart after 3 hours of gameplay would be stupid. I said Dead Space 1 because although it is hard it is not impossible. It is an unlockable difficulty but I know he's already beat the game at least once.

I can sit here and say that mile high club wasn't hard at all nor is dead space on impossible (yes I have them both) but for someone like Brad I'm sure it would be a nice challenge. The only difference between Dead Space and Dead Space 2 on their hardest challenge is the 3 saves problem, the difficulty is the same. But if ya'll want Dead Space 2 is fine as well.

Well I'm a unique soul that only ever uses 1 save on every single game I play. :)

Never really see the point in multiple saves. It's not like the old days like Resident Evil where you could use up all your ammo and be completely f*cked.

I think you misunderstand. It's not three save SLOTS, it's three saves PERIOD.

Oh yeah I misunderstood. Ya... I never did that then and I wouldn't subject myself to that at all lol. I hate achievements like that where you can get far in a game and fail and it all be a huge waste of time.

seannao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By seannao

Jenga

felakuti4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By felakuti4life

Dark Souls. Blighttown would be amazing.

Avatar image for masterverhoffin
masterverhoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#98  Edited By masterverhoffin

@felakuti4life: forget that, Dark Souls deprived whip-only run! Or just make him beat the Four Kings on NG+.

I have to second the Dead Rising 7-Day Survivor idea.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By abendlaender

What about the Ninja Gaiden games? They seem fun to play but extremly brutal. Are there any good achievments?

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Grillbar

hmm aint Doom 3 bfg edition out soon...

he also tried trials on big live show so theres that one.

could also be cod wow the last 2 lvl's are insanely hard with the instant/constant respawn and frag happy soldiers combined with terrible check point placement.

also the geometry wars one

and a dark souls/demon souls one could be cool

but lets let him cool down