Posted by Mortuss_Zero (359 posts) 3 months, 23 days ago

Poll: What should the next game be? (142 votes)

Fire Emblem: Awakenings 21%
Mario Galaxy 43%
Shadowrun Returns 13%
Resident Evil: Revelations (for 360) 2%
Duke Nukem Forever (for 360) 20%

I'm tackling my backlog, and wanted to ask around for some opinions on what my next project should be. I'm reasonably sure I'd like any of these games.... except for Duke (but I have to see it firsthand some day).

#1 Posted by pyromagnestir (4327 posts) -

Voting for Mario Galaxy has made me want to play some Mario Galaxy.

#2 Posted by VierasTalo (870 posts) -

Voting for Shadowrun, though any of the first three are very solid choices. RE: Revelations left me stuck in the third mission, unable to continue. Didn't exactly have a pleasant experience with it.

#3 Posted by Stonyman65 (2767 posts) -

Duke Nukem Forever. Just get it out of the way so you never have to worry about it again.

#4 Edited by Nightriff (5161 posts) -

DKF, DO IT! RUIN YOUR DAY!

#5 Posted by Mortuss_Zero (359 posts) -

@stonyman65: That's part of the reason I put it up there, you know? I fear it, but I need to face my fear eventually. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what wins the poll. I'm just gonna go with the game with the most votes at the end of today, since I have tomorrow off.

#6 Posted by Stonyman65 (2767 posts) -

@mortuss_zero: Yeah duder, just bite the bullet. If you can handle that fucking mess of a game you deserve a medal hahaha!

#7 Posted by FriendlyPhoenix (446 posts) -

Duke Nukem. Just get it over with now, it's only going to get worse the longer you wait.

#8 Posted by ajamafalous (12053 posts) -

I actually enjoyed Duke.

If you were expecting a game mostly like Duke 3D, then the game wasn't terrible. It feels like an old game, but what people forgot to do was a) temper their expectations, because it was like a fourteen year old game, and b) remember that it was a Duke Nukem game. If you went in expecting the world, then yeah, I'm sure you had a terrible experience. That's kinda your own fault, there.

Also, I vastly prefer old school-style shooters to the 'modern' style, so that probably helped.

#9 Posted by Mortuss_Zero (359 posts) -

@ajamafalous: My expectations are pretty rock bottom, so I might end up actually diggin' it. Who knows?

#10 Posted by Zevvion (2142 posts) -

I'm playing Fire Emblem Awakening still. Been playing it for months. It is really good. I recommend playing that. Also, I recommend throwing Duke Nukem in the trash.

#11 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5823 posts) -

I'd say Mario Galaxy then Fire emblem. Of those games I'd give those two priority above the rest.

#12 Posted by dudeglove (8037 posts) -

@turboman summed up DNF quite nicely, but I can't find his video anymore :(

#13 Posted by smcn (926 posts) -

It's kind of nuts that (as of this post) there's 73 votes and not a single one for Resident Evil Revelations. Like, not even as a joke? I guess people just hate DNF that much.

#14 Posted by Brendan (7847 posts) -

Mario Galaxy! Then do Fire Emblem to mix it up.

#15 Edited by Corevi (4028 posts) -

Revelations and DNF are awful awful games. Shadowrun and Mario Galaxy are great games. FE: Awakening* (not Awakenings) is an amazing game.

#16 Posted by Veektarius (4932 posts) -

I wouldn't be in any hurry to finish Shadowrun, which is just okay, but the expansion is fantastic.

#17 Posted by Demoskinos (15034 posts) -

Should prob just get Duke out of the way. If you really drill down you can finish it in like 5 hours.

#18 Posted by JJOR64 (19025 posts) -

Mayo Galaxian Adventure

#19 Edited by BisonHero (6674 posts) -

@themanwithnoplan said:

I'd say Mario Galaxy then Fire emblem. Of those games I'd give those two priority above the rest.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with this. Shadowrun Returns ain't a bad game, but Galaxy and Fire Emblem are both pretty great games.

Revelations is a middling RE gaiden, and DNF is DNF.

#20 Posted by Lost_Remnant (112 posts) -
@smcn said:

It's kind of nuts that (as of this post) there's 73 votes and not a single one for Resident Evil Revelations. Like, not even as a joke? I guess people just hate DNF that much.

I voted for Revelations, so let me fix that for you, sitting pretty at 1% over here.

But yeah, I'd say get Duke Nukem out of the way first just to have it done with but out of all those games I'd say Revelations. I really enjoyed that game. Raid mode is also a lot of fun if you have someone to co-op it with.

#21 Posted by Mortuss_Zero (359 posts) -

Wow, I'm actually really surprised that I come home and Duke Nukem is not winning. I thought for sure the internet was going to force the issue on that one. Mario sounds like a good time.

#22 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5823 posts) -
@jjor64 said:

Mayo Galaxian Adventure

You know what? Forget what I said. "Mayo Galaxian Adventure" is obviously the best choice listed thus far in this thread, if for nothing but name alone.

#23 Posted by Mortuss_Zero (359 posts) -

Alright Super Mario Galaxy it is. Thanks for the input guys, and thanks for giving me an excuse not to play DNF yet. That'll be next time I'm sure.