• 105 results
#1 Posted by Nonused (215 posts) -

Playing Batman and hearing about Spider-Man made me think of what a rich, untapped vein this superhero video game market is. Well, not that people haven't tried, but nothing's quite matched the level of the Arkham games. So what superhero would you like to see take the spotlight? I, personally, think this world needs more Aquaman. Your fishy friends are scattered across the sea and it's up to YOU to find them. There will be singing. There will be dancing. Better with Kinect.

#2 Edited by believer258 (11913 posts) -

Nah, an Aquaman game would flounder.

Anyway, I'm trying to think of something that hasn't been done a lot and, well, that's not easy. I know the one thing they shouldn't try - Superman. He seems to be almost invincible except for when glowing green rocks are present, which would make him a not-so-interesting video game character. Now, if he were in some sort of unlockable god mode in an open-world game...

#3 Posted by Zenogiasu (193 posts) -

Green Lantern.

You could conjure up stuff a la Scribblenauts, with more complex items requiring more experience/meter/points/whatever.

#4 Posted by JTB123 (1046 posts) -

I think Iron Man has everything for an awesome game, and the name is big enough to warrant it, it's just a shame they always do movie tie-ins instead of making the most out of what they have.

#5 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

Apart from another Ultimate Spider-Man, I'd really like another Hulk game in the free roam style of Ultimate Destruction.

#6 Posted by Brodehouse (9950 posts) -

Scarlet Witch statistical simulation game.

#7 Posted by SlapHappyJesus (120 posts) -

Is it too much to ask for a more fleshed out Watchmen game?

#8 Posted by altairre (1192 posts) -

@Zenogiasu said:

Green Lantern.

You could conjure up stuff a la Scribblenauts, with more complex items requiring more experience/meter/points/whatever.

Pretty much.

#9 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
Superman! Hell yeah. An open-world, fleshed out Superman game is just what i need.

@believer258 said:

Anyway, I'm trying to think of something that hasn't been done a lot and, well, that's not easy. I know the one thing they shouldn't try - Superman. He seems to be almost invincible except for when glowing green rocks are present, which would make him a not-so-interesting video game character. Now, if he were in some sort of unlockable god mode in an open-world game...

I believe we have different opinions, sir. We shall fight to the DEATH!
#10 Posted by Zleunamme (666 posts) -

Orgazmo

#11 Posted by Sackmanjones (4705 posts) -

I want an amazing spiderman game....

That's right folks I did it

#12 Posted by sawtooth (442 posts) -

Not really a "super hero" but a Goon game game could be the best thing ever.

#13 Edited by aquamarin (555 posts) -
#14 Posted by LTSmash (626 posts) -

There is an amazing Superman game waiting to be made.

I just realized that it looks weird to put "amazing" in front of any superhero but Spider-Man.

#15 Posted by kerse (2114 posts) -

All of them good games are cool

#16 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

I'm fine with just Batman.

#17 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

@believer258 said:

Nah, an Aquaman game would flounder

Well play.

A Dick Tracy game would be awesome. It would have an interrogation system like LA Noire, except it would work better and the options would make more sense. Also, the gunplay would be like Max Payne.

#18 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

How cool would a Rocketeer game be!

#19 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -

@believer258 said:

Haha, nice one!

I'm happy with Batman but I'd like to see Iron Man too I guess.

#20 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

Spawn.

Open-world with RPG elements please.

#21 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Witchblade.

#22 Posted by upwarDBound (654 posts) -

I'd like to see another really good X-Men game. Clone Wars was one of my favorite games as a kid.

#23 Posted by Village_Guy (2579 posts) -

I would like to see a JL-Axis game or something similar based on the story from Countdown to Adventure vol. 1 / 2.

With pictures from the comic:

The Comic itself.
Nazi Justice League AKA JLAxis
Nazi Batman
#24 Posted by Nonused (215 posts) -

@believer258: They could do a Superman game. All villains rolling with kryptonite guns or something. Take a Prototype stance on the action, but you can't destroy everything 'cause you're SUPERMAN. I dunno why anyone would prioritize that production over an Aquaman game, though.

@SlapHappyJesus: No.

@Zenogiasu: Yeah, I could see that happening. Or maybe even go Magicka or Force Unleashed with his powers. And space fighting. I would play that.

#25 Posted by Nonused (215 posts) -

@Village_Guy: Who WOULDN'T green light that?

#26 Posted by Village_Guy (2579 posts) -

@Nonused: Exactly! The game practically sells itself!

In all seriousness though, the entire idea behind the comic is fairly insane, though I would love to play a game where you are playing as the villains.

I mean who wouldn't want to play as Evil (Nazi) Superman!

#27 Posted by Groundings (77 posts) -

I always liked to see a open-world Spawn game where you can beat up crooks in the real world and eventually fight in the eight layers of hell, including boss battles against the Violator and his 4 brothers.

#28 Edited by TheSlothKing (332 posts) -

Deadpool,Hulk, or Punisher.

Edit:Maybe Ghost Rider or X-men.

#29 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -
@SlightConfuse said:
Witchblade.
My answer.
#30 Posted by fox01313 (5073 posts) -

Go look at x-play's stuff on the previous Aquaman game, such a mess of a game on the xbox/ps2. Wouldn't mind a good game for Deadpool or something less action with Vertigo's work with Neil Gaiman.

#31 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I want another Spider-Man 2. Also, I think a Captain America and an Iron Man game could both be really awesome if done well. Wolverine, too. I loved the X-Men Origins: Wolverine game. And Deadpool. (I could keep going for a good while; there are so many awesome super heroes that I would love to play as in an awesome game.)

#32 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -

I think anyone would be more likely to succeed if they got their own story arc and could do their own stuff with the characters. The problem is almost never the IP, but the stupid tie-in to a movie.

#33 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Iron Man.

#34 Posted by SlapHappyJesus (120 posts) -

@Nonused: No, it's not too much to ask for?

Or no, there shouldn't even be an attempt?

#35 Posted by Marcsman (3198 posts) -

Silver Surfer.

#36 Posted by Ninja_Welshman (485 posts) -

Judge Dredd would be cool. Maybe a Batman Vs Superman type game. Or a Cival War game.

On a lttle side note. Im always amazed by how bad most of these games turn out. The majority of the hard work is done for them in terms of character and story. I blame the publishes/film studios for rushing the product to market.

#37 Posted by wewantsthering (1567 posts) -

None. Super heroes are kind of lame...

#38 Posted by carnifexseverian (69 posts) -

I'd like to see a kick ass Daredevil game. Something along the lines of the "Born Again" story line. I think there's great potential for a dark, gritty game there. Differentiating it from the Batman games, gameplay wise, may be tough though. I'd still like to see someone take a shot at it though.

#39 Posted by bobcat1794 (279 posts) -

The more i think about how awesome an open world iron man game would be the more i want it. You could get badass upgrades for your suit and customize and shit. So yeah i want iron man now.

#40 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -

I want a super-hero still in high school (the younger X-men, Batman Beyond, Spiderman, maybe a less-dorky Robin, or even some totally new customizable super-hero) that then takes beats from the Persona "balancing school, friends, and saving the world".

And you could choose who to tell about your super-powers, and you can get favors from people you have high S. Links with...it could be pretty good.

#41 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3327 posts) -

In no particular order...

1. Iron Fist: Learn and use Kung-Fu throughout time as you live as the various Iron Fists who've assumed the mantel.

2. Sandman (of Mystery Theatre, not Gaiman): Build smoke bombs of different ingredients, sneak and solve crime in 30s America.

3. Lucifer/Constantine: have bananas weird adventures, wield magical powers, meet tons of interesting characters. Story-driven dialogue-choice based game.

4. Alpha Flight: Play as 6 Canadian superheroes that get wiped out when an evil alien flies overhead en route to fight real superheroes in America.

#42 Edited by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@sawtooth said:

Not really a "super hero" but a Goon game game could be the best thing ever.

As much as I love The Goon, it'd probably just be a brawler with Goon smacking around slackjaws and maybe the occasional turret sequence of Franky Tommy gunning down slackjaws.

How about a good detective game in the vein of L.A. Noire set in the Hellboy universe with the BPRD, or set in the Chew universe with you working for the FDA as a Cibopathic or any of the diverse and quirky "superpowers" people in the bureau seem to have. Or hell, just make more use of the Batman license and make a Gotham Central game!

#43 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@Red said:

I want a super-hero still in high school (the younger X-men, Batman Beyond, Spiderman, maybe a less-dorky Robin, or even some totally new customizable super-hero) that then takes beats from the Persona "balancing school, friends, and saving the world".

And you could choose who to tell about your super-powers, and you can get favors from people you have high S. Links with...it could be pretty good.

This is a cool idea. A Teen Titans/Young Justice/Generation X/Gen13/Runaways or similar genre Persona game would be sweet!

#44 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

After everyone successfully ignored my post, I come back with a picture:

#45 Edited by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@Morrow said:

After everyone successfully ignored my post, I come back with a picture:

What exactly would the mechanics of a Spawn game be though? Guy's powers are basically EVERYTHING. I can't see how they would transfer into a proper game.

#46 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@Hizang said:

How cool would a Rocketeer game be!

I'd love this. Just get the Dark Void team on it. They have experience and that game had tons of cool ideas and moments.

#47 Posted by Nonused (215 posts) -

@Village_Guy: To be honest, Nazi Justice League scares me. Wouldn't mind a game where you play as certain super villains though. Like...Giant Jellyfish! Arch nemesis of Aquaman. Sell like hotcakes.

@SlapHappyJesus: Sorry, meant to imply that you were right. They should make a good Watchmen game. I kinda dug that XBLA game, but it wasn't more than a beat-'em-up with a license.

@Ninja_Welshman: Civil War would be awesome. MUA 2 took a shot at it, and I'm interested in trying it for that alone.

@wewantsthering:

#48 Posted by wewantsthering (1567 posts) -

@Nonused said:

@Village_Guy: To be honest, Nazi Justice League scares me. Wouldn't mind a game where you play as certain super villains though. Like...Giant Jellyfish! Arch nemesis of Aquaman. Sell like hotcakes.

@SlapHappyJesus: Sorry, meant to imply that you were right. They should make a good Watchmen game. I kinda dug that XBLA game, but it wasn't more than a beat-'em-up with a license.

@Ninja_Welshman: Civil War would be awesome. MUA 2 took a shot at it, and I'm interested in trying it for that alone.

@wewantsthering:

It's true. Super heroes suck...I'm not even trolling. It's just something kids grew up on that stayed around for some reason. Some super hero movies (Dark Knight) are okay, but only because they write around them being super heroes.

#49 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

dazzler

Dazzler

Dazzler

Dazzler

DAZZLER

It's like a cross between Jet Set Radio and P.N.03

#50 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I would like to see a great Batman Beyond videogame with an open world setting like Arkham City. It could be great!