What the F? i played M.A.G and.....its pretty darn good!!!

Avatar image for generalmojo_786
GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By GeneralMojo_786

Seriously many Beta testers bashed the game, i just started up the open beta and all i can say is wow!

Graphically its on par with ps2 :D
but i can understand that since it runs super smooth, at first i thought Zipper was going to create lagtastic catastrophe! 

i was getting worried it would be like CoD were 3 shots can get you killed, but here in M.A.G a good 6 - 10 shots does it. (excluding snipers and headshots)

and the customisation is freaking brilliant!

but so far i played a 64 player game its pretty kool, the game mode offered is pretty intresting too :)
and maaan! ur not just playing one match after the other just to rank yourself up! 
what you do affects the war going on between the 3 diffrent Military groups
oh btw im enlisted to the S.V.E.R company :P 

has anyone else downloaded the new beta from PSStore?
if so what do you think?

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mmmslash

I downloaded it, and got to rank 5. I'm one skill point away from a new assault rifle to go with my confangled new foregrip, so I am very excited.

I agree that the game is way more impressive than I expected it to be.

Avatar image for randominternetperson
RandomInternetPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

It.Is.AWESOME!

vinnylegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By vinnylegs

I played it when It was closed beta. It is by far the worst game I have ever played. I have played free korean first person shooters better than it. The gameplay is just not fun IMHO.

GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GeneralMojo_786

lol i played just an hour and im already level7!
the haters must be crap in the game ala Killzone2, seriously im always getting top score for my squad

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Drebin_893

I honestly just hate bad grammar. It almost repels me from taking what you have to say seriously. 

EDIT: Just wanted to say sorry, didn't mean to be such a dick. Sorry, my bad.

GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
@Mmmslash: lol, i actually got kinda excited for some reason when i got the grip and red dot sight for my weapon, that never happaned to me in CoD xD
Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Andorski

Totally forgot that the beta unlocked.  I even had it downloaded and ready to go.  Thanks for the reminder... I'll try it out later today.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ghostiet

I was afraid to try it, I started downloading the patches and stuff and felt a bit "fuck that, I could as well play Combat Arms on the PC without 100 people around me", but now I feel more to try it out actually.

Also, customization? SOLD!

GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
@Drebin_893 said:
" I honestly just hate bad grammar. It almost repels me from taking what you have to say seriously. "
why dont you type in your 3rd learnt language and see how your grammer holds up for that!
JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JokerClown88

I totally did not know that the MAG beta was open now...I guess I should go DL it.  It will give me a good reason to step away from my 360 for a couple days.  :D

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Drebin_893
@GeneralMojo_786 said:
" @Drebin_893 said:
" I honestly just hate bad grammar. It almost repels me from taking what you have to say seriously. "
why dont you type in your 3rd learnt language and see how your grammer holds up for that! "
I am. I speak Spanish first and foremost, then French and finally English.
strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#13  Edited By strangeling
@GeneralMojo_786: I tried playing this morning, but couldn't get a game to start.  I'm looking forward to giving it a try.  I also chose S.V.E.R. ( and coincidentally, they've the best logo ).
DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
@Drebin_893 said:
I hate people who take grammar so seriously that you can't respect someone's words because of there grammar, get over yourself, your a nobody.
GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
@Drebin_893:  really, im guessing its been a year  for you since you finished studying English?
nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nanikore
@DuhQbnSiLo: You said "there" when you should've said "their"! Haha!  

So is this beta available in Europe yet?
Avatar image for anunnaki_elohim
Anunnaki_Elohim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By Anunnaki_Elohim
@DuhQbnSiLo: Bad grammar, punctuation, and incorrect word usage.. I'm going to have to give you a F-
GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
@nanikore:  OH NO. HE SAID" THERE" INSTEAD OF "THEIR", THE WORLDS OVER, SKYNET T-GRAMMAH100 TAKIN OVAH!!!!!
oh and yeh its in the EU store now
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zeforgotten
@DuhQbnSiLo said:
" @Drebin_893 said:
I hate people who take grammar so seriously that you can't respect someone's words because of there grammar, get over yourself, your a nobody. "
But grammar nazis are funny. It's like gods way of saying "Hah, if you think your life is boring then take a look at this sad fuck" 
They get so easily pissed off that it's funny!  
Do not take them away from me, I love to laugh at their sorry lives :( 

I've been in the MAG beta for a while and back when it was closed beta it was a hell of a lot of fun, so more players = even more fun :D 
And yes,  customization is a good thing =D
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@DuhQbnSiLo said:
" @Drebin_893 said:
I hate people who take grammar so seriously that you can't respect someone's words because of there grammar, get over yourself, your a nobody. "
And who are you exactly?
nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nanikore
@GeneralMojo_786: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH 

That's great. Too bad my PS3 has to update to 3.1.5 or something, which takes hours.
GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
@nanikore:  Hey thats an optional update, and it only takes 10 minutes, it just a small update for psp minis
Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Alphiehyr
@GeneralMojo_786 said:
" @Mmmslash: lol, i actually got kinda excited for some reason when i got the grip and red dot sight for my weapon, that never happaned to me in CoD xD "
Ignorance is bliss.
GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GeneralMojo_786

wow, good thing i posted this thread up, all the hating shows me how much of a douch the people are here :|

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By iam3green

i played it when it was closed beta and i didn't like it to much. it just felt weird to play.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
@ZeForgotten said:
" @DuhQbnSiLo said:
" @Drebin_893 said:
But grammar nazis are funny. It's like gods way of saying "Hah, if you think your life is boring then take a look at this sad fuck" They get so easily pissed off that it's funny!  Do not take them away from me, I love to laugh at their sorry lives :(   I've been in the MAG beta for a while and back when it was closed beta it was a hell of a lot of fun, so more players = even more fun :D And yes,  customization is a good thing =D "
who never looked at it like that LOL thanks@TheMustacheHero said:
" @DuhQbnSiLo said:
" @Drebin_893 said:
And who are you exactly? "
im nobody special, and im not the one correcting people on the internet. im just like you a nobody with a name on the internet
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By zeforgotten
@GeneralMojo_786 said:
" wow, good thing i posted this thread up, all the hating shows me how much of a douch the people are here :| "
Thanks a lot, bitch :P
GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
@DuhQbnSiLo said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
" @DuhQbnSiLo said:
" @Drebin_893 said:
But grammar nazis are funny. It's like gods way of saying "Hah, if you think your life is boring then take a look at this sad fuck" They get so easily pissed off that it's funny!  Do not take them away from me, I love to laugh at their sorry lives :(   I've been in the MAG beta for a while and back when it was closed beta it was a hell of a lot of fun, so more players = even more fun :D And yes,  customization is a good thing =D "
who never looked at it like that LOL thanks@TheMustacheHero said:
" @DuhQbnSiLo said:
" @Drebin_893 said:
And who are you exactly? "
im nobody special, and im not the one correcting people on the internet. im just like you a nobody with a name on the internet "
lool great post xD
were all freaking nobodys here lol
GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
@ZeForgotten:  LOOL except a couple of people here xD
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By super_machine
@Drebin_893 said:

Do you wear a monocle on one eye whilst driving in the back seat of a Rolls Royce eating breakfast? I'd hate to be the unfortunate fool who politely inquires if you "got" any Grey Poupon.

I most certainly do not
 I most certainly do not "got" any Grey Poupon. Now begone; you mallow headed simpleton, before I have my man throttle you sufficiently!

TC: Yes, I plan on loading up the MAG beta later today. I want to see what all the fuss is about. :)
GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
@super_machine:  :)
try and not take notice of the outdated graphics lol, its the gameplay that made it shine for me :)
ALSO EVERY1 PICK S.V.E.R! lol
Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32  Edited By Seppli

I haven't played much of it yet, but I'm underwhelmed.

Had problems getting into a game at first. Graphics are very dated. Ballistics simulation is inaccurate. Despite the high player count, it seemed like it lacks a proper dynamic and flow. And I lost my connection to the first game I was able to enter, before it was over. I spent 2 hours queuing up to get into a game in the first place. Finished reading the last couple of chapters of 'American Psycho' while waiting, so it wasn't horrible or anything. I was giggling like a madman, that it failed to hook me up with a game for so long. Got to level up some and unlock the other modes and some gear - but I don't think MAG can hold my interest. Especially with the Battlefield : Bad Company 2 Demo on the horizon.

I am certainly giving it another try this coming week. I'll try to clock in some hours tonight after I'm done watching a movie. 'Up in the Air' by Jason Reitman. It's very entertaining, especially well paced and has a great cast. Good times!

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By TheJollyRajah

I was in the closed beta and wasn't impressed. The customization is pretty weak considering how much they were hyping it up. And the Shadow War is very shallow; barely any background info whatsoever, and no story. The factions are only there for aesthetics. Not only that, but the shooting feels awkward, and the grenade throwing is some of the worst I've ever seen in a game. And on top of all this, the graphics look no better than Halo 2; a game released over five years ago. 

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By thecleric
@super_machine said:
" @Drebin_893 said:

Do you wear a monocle on one eye whilst driving in the back seat of a Rolls Royce eating breakfast? I'd hate to be the unfortunate fool who politely inquires if you "got" any Grey Poupon.

I most certainly do not
 I most certainly do not "got" any Grey Poupon. Now begone; you mallow headed simpleton, before I have my man throttle you sufficiently!
TC: Yes, I plan on loading up the MAG beta later today. I want to see what all the fuss is about. :) "
I guess you'll be one of the people we can blame the educational drop in the world on. 
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By super_machine
@thecleric said:
" @super_machine said:
" @Drebin_893 said:

I most certainly do not
TC: Yes, I plan on loading up the MAG beta later today. I want to see what all the fuss is about. :) "
I guess you'll be one of the people we can blame the educational drop in the world on.  "
Well la di da Mr. College boy Fancy pants. You right, I dun not get no edukashun whun I waz a grooing up.
D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By D0tti
@GeneralMojo_786 said:
"  i was getting worried it would be like CoD were 3 shots can get you killed, but here in M.A.G a good 6 - 10 shots does it. (excluding snipers and headshots)

How is this a bad thing in CoD :S? As far as I know 3 good shots should be enough to kill a man. And people were complaining that AI in Uncharted took to many shoots, a game thats and adventure game, while CoD is suppose to be a realistic war game(for lack of better words i'll call it that :p).
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PureRok

I'll have to try it out. I got a PS3 for Christmas and I keep forgetting I can try out all these knew things that I would have ignore before. Hurray!

Butchio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Butchio

i played the closed beta for a bit and didnt like basically becasue i didnt take the time to learn it. maybe ill give it another go

GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
@D0tti said:
" @GeneralMojo_786 said:
"  i was getting worried it would be like CoD were 3 shots can get you killed, but here in M.A.G a good 6 - 10 shots does it. (excluding snipers and headshots)
 How is this a bad thing in CoD :S? As far as I know 3 good shots should be enough to kill a man. And people were complaining that AI in Uncharted took to many shoots, a game thats and adventure game, while CoD is suppose to be a realistic war game(for lack of better words i'll call it that :p). "
wait, have you not played CoDmW2?
a good 3 shots is a campers dream! you must be 1 of them i guess =P
Avatar image for shoulderholster
ShoulderHolster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ShoulderHolster

With all due respect, I think the various defenders of MAG fail to look at the bigger picture. I think they find some things they liked about the game and judge it based on those things without looking at the way it comes together in a holistic package. I also think they automatically dismiss the distinct lack of polish because of a few neat ideas.

I did the same thing with Sonic Unleashed. I was thinking, "How could people bash this? These Sonic daytime levels are so fun." But then when I stepped back and considered the way the Werehog and the overworlds practically ruin the pace and I understood the reason behind the negative reception. Parts of Sonic Unleashed were awesome but it just didn't come together well and it lacked polish.  

I think this is probably the case with MAG. At this point, enough people have expressed disatisfaction with the BETA that I think its problems can't be swept under the rug. I think MAG will have its fans, but most gamers will find it too unpolished and unelegant to consider it over the much higher quality Bad Company 2 among others.