#1 Edited by Earth001 (40 posts) -

I imagine there are tons of video games out there that would easily impress a non gamer. Which ones have you played that impressed a non gamer?

#2 Posted by Clonedzero (4096 posts) -

Off the top of my head?

LA Noire

#3 Posted by believer258 (11683 posts) -

Pac-Man CE DX.

#4 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5274 posts) -

Uncharted 2

#5 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

No idea

#6 Posted by AlpineHermit (13 posts) -

journey is a game I have handed the controller to non gamers when I had to go do something and they were around and needed entertaining for one reason or another. they've always seemed to like it.

#7 Posted by CircleNine (381 posts) -

The Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon series.

#8 Edited by Video_Game_King (36117 posts) -

I don't know any non-gamers to answer that question.

#9 Posted by Pr1mus (3824 posts) -

Well i was a non gamer at some point and i have to say the first Super Mario Bros really impressed me.

#10 Posted by Yesiamaduck (912 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption
Bioshock Infinite
Journey
Saints Row IV

#11 Edited by Yummylee (21305 posts) -
#12 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4167 posts) -

Halo Reach

#13 Edited by Kebrel (9 posts) -

KOTOR 1, from way back when. I remember it amazing my grandmother. She thought it was some sort of cg cartoon movie.

#14 Edited by Ben_H (3319 posts) -

It will sound crazy, but Gladius for the Gamecube. I was playing it at the lake one day and my dad started watching. He found it fascinating and watched me play it for a while. He understood that there was a fair amount of strategy to it. Same with Pikmin 2.

#15 Edited by Ezekiel (375 posts) -

Rogue Squadron for N64. The level "Blockade on Chandrila". The man was in his twenties or thirties and I was about twelve. We wanted to let him play, but then our mother ordered us to keep it turned off while there were guests. She didn't realize.

#16 Posted by Nictel (2389 posts) -

Sleeping Dogs, I was running it at max settings and she thought it looked gorgeous.

#17 Posted by SunBroZak (1033 posts) -

L.A. Noire.

My mother doesn't much care for video-games, but being a fan of crime dramas, she was impressed by L.A. Noire's visuals and interrogation mini-game.

#18 Posted by Fattony12000 (7101 posts) -

LIFE.

IT'S THE SICKEST GAME ONE CAN PLAY.

#19 Posted by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

Madden / FIFA

#20 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4585 posts) -

Geometry Wars usually gets a few 'ooh's. On the flipside, Bastion doesn't seem to get any positive response out of non-gamers.

#21 Posted by RonGalaxy (2919 posts) -

None. All of the ones I've known completely write games off, whether or not they're impressive

#22 Posted by Ghostiet (5228 posts) -

GTA, The Last of Us, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus. Mostly due to the striking presentation. Thief, also, due to the onorthodox ideas.

#23 Posted by Whitestripes09 (400 posts) -

The newest tomb raider game held my dads attention for a good 2 hours before he asked me "how do you sit here for so long?"

#24 Posted by development (2109 posts) -

If they haven't played a game in the last decade, just about anything in a modern game will blow them away. My friend thought it was interesting that a car I was driving in a game slowed down when going up a steep hill.

#25 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain. These were games that are impressing to watch even if you are not playing.

#26 Posted by Video_Game_King (36117 posts) -

LIFE.

I dunno. The fans can be really persistent and annoying. You ever try telling them that you're gonna stop playing? They just lose their fucking shit, man.

#27 Posted by Slag (4086 posts) -

Anytime there's been a gee whiz tech major leap forward that's visually easy to see, I've seen it impress non-gamers I know. Often Launch Titles because usually in the past that's when the leaps have been obvious (not so much this gen which might be a problem for it)

off the top of my head....

Super Mario World/Final Fantasy IV

Super Mario 64/Zelda OoT/FF Vii

Dynasty Warriors 2

WoW

Wii Sports

Heavy Rain/La Noire

#28 Edited by Fattony12000 (7101 posts) -

@fattony12000 said:

LIFE.

I dunno. The fans can be really persistent and annoying. You ever try telling them that you're gonna stop playing? They just lose their fucking shit, man.

And that thing with the DLC? Jeez, tell me about it.

#29 Posted by Chaser324 (6345 posts) -

@fattony12000 said:

LIFE.

It's only impressive if you're playing it the right way.

Moderator Online
#30 Edited by falpatrick (163 posts) -

Dead Rising 1. Running around with a chainsaw cutting zombies into pieces got my mother's attention.

She was less impressed and more repulsed though... I'm bad at answering questions.

#31 Posted by afabs515 (1015 posts) -

I showed my dad Bioshock Infinite once I got my 7970, and that blew him away.

#32 Edited by oodli (93 posts) -

Uncharted 2/3 and Journey, works every time.

#33 Posted by Video_Game_King (36117 posts) -

@video_game_king said:

@fattony12000 said:

LIFE.

Yea, but it's really hard to find a good walkthrough for Life (all the ones I've found suck).

#34 Posted by Chaser324 (6345 posts) -

@video_game_king: Yeah, it's a pretty tough game. There's a lot of xp grinding, random encounters, and junk loot that really get in the way of the parts that are actually fun.

Moderator Online
#35 Edited by PsychoPenguin (147 posts) -

I ran through Portal 1 in about 1.5 hours while a few of my friends watched, the humor in that game is pretty great.

#36 Posted by Video_Game_King (36117 posts) -

@chaser324:

The worst part is that it's all determined by what stats you roll at the beginning of the game, and there's no way of changing them.

#37 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6107 posts) -

@video_game_king: Not according to our site's spambots. Apparently you can add an extra three inches with magic.

#38 Posted by Nodima (1124 posts) -

I haven't been around people that don't play games while playing a game since I was pretty young. I remember extended family finding Super Mario 64 and GTA 3 incredible.

#39 Posted by pyromagnestir (4254 posts) -

Guitar Hero 2 and Rock Band, maybe?

@video_game_king: Not according to our site's spambots. Apparently you can add an extra three inches with magic.

Magic's not real...

...Is it?

#40 Posted by Turambar (6677 posts) -

Wii Sports and EVE Online.

#41 Posted by Video_Game_King (36117 posts) -
#42 Posted by MannyMAR (415 posts) -

@chaser324 said:

@video_game_king said:

@fattony12000 said:

LIFE.

Yea, but it's really hard to find a good walkthrough for Life (all the ones I've found suck).

Oh man don't get me started, on those official strategy guides.

#43 Edited by pyromagnestir (4254 posts) -