What video game related things are you buying on Black Friday?

• 98 results
Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By awesomeusername

Simple question is simple. I bought:

• Spec Ops: The Line - $15
  • Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation White PS Vita w/ PS All Stars, 3 months of PS+ and a $10 coupon off AC3 - $180 plus tax.

AMAZON IS HAVING A VITA BUNDLE FOR $180! GO GET ONE!

The bundle comes with a white Vita, AC3 Liberation, PS All Stars for Vita, $10 off AC3 for PS3, 4 GB memory card, 3 months of PS+ AND I "purchased" the 6 PS+ Vita games. I got mine, get yours!

Link

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MideonNViscera

The Spider-Man one is ok, but not great. Really boring selections of bad guys.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By awesomeusername

@MideonNViscera said:

The Spider-Man one is ok, but not great. Really boring selections of bad guys.

I know, but at least it's getting the animal storyline out of the way. Spidey really needs his Arkham City. I just beat that last night and man. That game is amazing. I wish Rocksteady would work on a Spidey game. I think.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#4  Edited By Kidavenger

I really want to get the Assassin's Creed III: Liberation Vita bundle, I'm going to be doing a lot of travel in the spring and I'm beyond sick of gaming on my tablet/phone. The PS+ adding Vita is what pushed me over the edge and I was going to get it last weekend but the store I went to was completely out of stock, hopefully I can find one this weekend.

I'll probably grab a few games on Steam but I'm playing through the Assassin's Creed franchise for the first time right now and that's keeping me pretty busy.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mandude

An Xbox 360, Forza Horizon, X-Com and a 32GB PSVita Memory Card are the only things on my list, now that I have Gods and Kings. I might pick up a few things for my sister, though.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By living4theday258

Turtle beach p11 headphones and a game or two

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By awesomeusername

@Kidavenger: I REALLY want a Vita but I can't spend $200 on one. I "purchased" the free PS+ Vita games on my PS3 last night to. So I have Vita games but no Vita. How sucky.

kunoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By kunoh

-Was hoping for a new video card (Geforce 670 or 680) - but haven't found any particular deals. If anyone knows of any - please let me know :)

Avatar image for live2brighteous
Live2bRighteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Live2bRighteous

@kunoh I've been looking for some myself, but I'm pretty sure GPUs specifically don't go on sale during the holidays on purpose. At least, that's what it looks like.

delorean99947

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By delorean99947

An Xbox 360 and Forza Horizon.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By crusader8463

Nothing caught my eye in any stores. Just got ME3 super ultra mega deluxe edition off greenmangaming.com for $12 so I guess that. Will be keeping an eye on what Steam does but I won't hold my breath for anything on there I don't already have.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I got Spec-Ops for $6 two days ago.

Avatar image for live2brighteous
Live2bRighteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Live2bRighteous

@kaiserreich Green man gaming is where it's at homes.

seannao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By seannao

Well I spent 450 bucks on computer parts since I'm currently still running a Core2 Duo and everything I'm trying to enjoy on the PC is starting to get pret-ty framey. (Natural Selection 2, Mechwarrior Online... which has truckloads of problems besides performance... and Planetside 2)

So yeah. Quad-core Ivy Bridge and a compatible mobo and compatible RAM and a new SATAdrive since the previous drive is approaching its fifth year of service...

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

I was SUPPOSED to buy my CPU and finish my new computer build but SOMEONE got sick this week and made less than he needs to buy it, instead of more.

Ugh. So instead I'm putting money into that Double Fine thing, buying BlOps 2, and some other little bits.

@kunoh: http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperClocked-Dual-Link-Graphics-04G-P4-2673-KR/dp/B007Z3HZLM after all the rebates it's very slightly less (like two dollars) than $100 off, which ain't bad even at $410 end price.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By spankingaddict

I'm going to try and buy a Vita on Amazon .. But it's not a must . Other than that just Steam games

Get Spec Ops . It's great , much to my surprise .

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Justin258

I want to buy some of those Turtlebeach X12 headphones. See, my current headphones are about 4 years old and, while they work, they're not particularly amazing, and you can't use both them and a mic. So I'd like to pick up a pair of those.

I'd also like to find Forza Horizon and Halo 4 on the cheap, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen on online stores.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jerseyscum

Not a goddamn thing. I'm not dealing with the traffic and mayhem on Black Friday. It's not worth the hassle and I really want to just enjoy my weekend off.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By penguindust

I've already picked up a copy of Halo Reach for $15 and the Marvel movies on Blu-rays for $4 to $9 each (with the exception of The Avengers) from Amazon. I've been checking CheapAssGamer for all the deals.

I think I'm going to wait for the Christmas sale this year for my Steam purchases.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By awesomeusername

@jerseyscum said:

Not a goddamn thing. I'm not dealing with the traffic and mayhem on Black Friday. It's not worth the hassle and I really want to just enjoy my weekend off.

Amazon.com

@spankingaddict: I'll probably get a Vita next year.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Spoonman671

I just ordered Dishonored for $25 on Amazon.  Plan on picking up Spec Ops as well.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#23  Edited By wefwefasdf

@Spoonman671 said:

I just ordered Dishonored for $25 on Amazon. Plan on picking up Spec Ops as well.

I picked up Dishonored as well. I was tempted to get Sleeping Dogs too, but I've decided against it at the moment.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#24  Edited By Sooperspy

Thinking about getting NBA 2K13 for $25 at Wal-Mart. That will probably be the only game purchase on Black Friday for me.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By awesomeusername

@Spoonman671 said:

I just ordered Dishonored for $25 on Amazon. Plan on picking up Spec Ops as well.

I would have got Dishonored if I didn't borrow it from my friend. Did you get Spec Ops? I just bought it like 20 minutes ago and I'm lucky because when I got on, they were already all claimed and I was on the #3 on the wait list but I got my copy. I woke up at 8:30 in the morning for this.

@SpikeSpiegel: I would've picked up Sleeping Dogs. But I'm going to borrow that too!

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By grilledcheez

SSX is like $15 on amazon right now, so I guess I'm grabbing that...also got a 3 month xbox live card last night for 10 bucks at Target

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing ... We don't get no Black Friday deals where I live :(

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By InsidiousTuna

If my paycheck deposits like it's supposed to, I'm grabbing the AC:Liberation Vita bundle on Amazon. It's about 6 hours behind schedule, though, which is making me uneasy.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By UitDeToekomst

awwww, man. i just checked out some of the deals at Amazon - like hefty discounts on NFS:MW, DOA5, Forza Horizon - and am now even more annoyed that I have to go out of town to a training seminar all next week, resulting in my not being able to take advantage of them.

FunkyHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By FunkyHugo

Bought AC3, NFS: MW, Forza Horizon, and Xcom. All under $100, not bad.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By MetalBaofu

The recent edition of PS+ to the Vita makes me want to get that Vita bundle. Unfortunately, I doubt I can get it(money).

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Capum15

I got X-COM: Enemy Unknown the first day of the Steam sale. Only a few games I'm wanting to go on daily or flash sale.

Edit: Though I may get that new Worms game at the end of the sale if it doesn't go daily.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lost_Remnant

Picked up some decent stuff on Amazon, glad of it too because I really had no intention of going out for anything today so I'm stoked I came away with something. I got Sniper Elite V2, Sleeping Dogs, Spec Ops, and SSX for 360 today for roughly the price of a standard new retail release game. I'm most excited for Sleeping Dogs everything I've seen of that game makes me really excited to play it but I just wanted to wait till a price drop or good deal came along, my patience was rewarded.

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By D_Bones

I picked up Dead Island for me and a pal for ten bucks as well as Mortal Kombat Komplete for twenty. I'm pretty happy especially because I'm in Canada and our deals aren't quite as insane.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#35  Edited By SMTDante89

Just some Microsoft Points to pick up Rock Band Blitz since it's half-off and some RB3 DLC. I'll just have to wait to pick up a replacement 360 some other time but at least I'll have some new songs to play on Rock Band when that time finally comes.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Picked up Dishonored for $25.

InfiniteSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 33

#37  Edited By InfiniteSpark

From Microsoft Store: Dance Central 3, Forza Horizon, Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Retail (Best Buy/Gamestop): Red 3DS Bundle w/ Super Mario 3D Land, Code of Princess, Theatrhythm, 1 Year PS+

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By awesomeusername

@MetalBaofu said:

The recent edition of PS+ to the Vita makes me want to get that Vita bundle. Unfortunately, I doubt I can get it(money).

Scavenge sofas? I got college money so I'm buying the Vita bundle with that.

@InsidiousTuna: Don't get the regular Vita AC bundle. Get the new one I posted on my OP. Link is on there.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NegativeCero

Forza Horizon for $15, Sleeping Dogs and Need for Speed Most Wanted for $25.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By DoctorWelch

Fuck the Vita. I would have gotten the $150 3DS with Mario Land advertised everywhere, but I'm poor :(

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By strainedeyes

Just picked up Forza Horizon from the Microsoft Store for $14.99. I got Sleeping Dogs from Amazon for $25 yesterday.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ben_H

I got Xcom and KOTOR2. 

Already I lost track of time playing Xcom. I was way into it, looked at the time, saw it as 2:30AM and sighed.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By butano

Got a 20" monitor from Dell for $78 plus tax and electronic fee. Took like 2 hours to get it cause their servers were utter shit when they unlocked the coupons.

Also been picking up most of the games I've been wanting from Green Man Gaming. Got Dishonored for $22.50 yesterday.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Scrawnto

I got Max Payne 3 for ~$15.00 on Steam. I'm really enjoying it so far. I'll probably take a look at TVs and see if I can't find a Vita, but I doubt anything worth getting will be around by the time I'm out of work.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By Sooty

Just bought a Vita with Black Ops (selling that shit) and Persona 4 Golden.

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By InsidiousTuna

Best Buy's selling that Playstation TV for 99.99. 100 bucks for a 24-inch 1080p 3D-capable monitor.

phuzzybunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By phuzzybunny

I finally ordered a Playstation 3 off of Amazon for $199 with Infamous and Uncharted 1&2. That might be it for this year.

Edit: And Forza Horizon for $15 bucks. That might be it

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By RobotHamster

On steam I got The Walking Dead, Torchlight 2, and Darksiders 2. I also got a SSD drive, a new PSU and CPU Cooler.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#49  Edited By huntad

Pretty much nothing. I got NBA 2k13 for $25. Other than that, I've already played almost every game that came out this year. All I want at this point are XBLA games, maybe Far Cry 3, and Journey.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#50  Edited By MetalBaofu

@awesomeusername said:

@MetalBaofu said:

Scavenge sofas? I got college money so I'm buying the Vita bundle with that.

Hehe....I wish I could find 200 bucks in my sofas. On the topic of college money, that's how I got my Dreamcast when it came out.

@DoctorWelch said:

Fuck the Vita. I would have gotten the $150 3DS with Mario Land advertised everywhere, but I'm poor :(

It's the idea of having 8 games to play for the Vita right out of the gate(I have PS+) that makes that particular bundle so tempting for me. And the fact that I would also be able to play Persona 4: Golden.