What was 3D Realms problem?

deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deusdigit

Here is something i cannot understand. Why would you continue to work on a highly anticipated  video game for so long, But have all of this additional time to work on Porting your classic games. And to respond to shutting down any thread regarding the information or release date of the game. Almost every time i would go to check the forums on 3D Realms, George Brassard or Joe Siegel  had freetime almost always to quote the words "When it's done" It almost made me wonder if they were or weren't working on the game.  

Thats one way not to reply to your fanbase or people wanting to know if the game existed. It was pretty retarded and Inexcusable to have the Balls to say you are going to shut the company down and not release the game, i mean Come on! Prey was pretty lackluster, i've played that game and it was decent. But its like they kept pigeonholing  and stalling. I'm pretty sure a game publisher out there could have brought this game to Light! i had some faith for 3drealms, but when they said they were shutting down. I lost complete respect for the whole team, Where did the funding come from anyway? Didn't they want the game to sale? Stop screwing around with your fans. 

Ether make the game or Don't make the game, Make up your minds and give us a Dang verdict! Shoot, whats your opinion? 

Edit: While it was their game, they should have given some type of sneak peak, never in the history of video games have i seen a company this gready or disloyal to their fanbase.
Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Seedofpower

Bad management. Management was unable to produce a product, so they were shut down.

deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deusdigit

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Jensonb

I think Seedofpower is right. It seems like the people at the top were  simply not doing a very good job. It's likely that the "little people" were working their hearts out, but management kept asking them to do this and that and the project just got mired in bureaucracy and corporate hell

Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Slippy

Any game that takes 12 years to even reach alpha stage deserves to be canned. Ridiculous. I can't say I even feel sorry for those who were fired - being out of a job sucks, and I often feel bad for developers who have closed (RIP Pandemic), but it's difficult to take pity on this incompetence. They didn't do their job so they lost it, plain and simple.
Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mourne

Didn't help they spent more time on their forums than they did with their development kits.

deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deusdigit
@Mourne said:
"Didn't help they spent more time on their forums than they did with their development kits. "

Exactly!