• 188 results
#1 Edited by Jaeya (10 posts) -

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't tend to preorder games too often. I'm a bit of a scrooge in that regard - I'd rather wait until it goes down in price, or I'm able to trade in some existing titles to get it cheaper.

That being said, the last game I preordered was Guild Wars 2. Prior to that, it was The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. What about you guys?

#2 Posted by Hamst3r (4451 posts) -
#3 Edited by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

Battlefield 3 for the 360 because they didn't make me put any money down on it and I just wanted the Gamestop guy to shut the hell up.

I never actually redeemed that preorder.

#4 Posted by Ducksworth (659 posts) -

Xenoblade I think, and probably Ni No Kuni in a few days.

#5 Posted by laserbolts (5311 posts) -

The first and only game I have ever preordered was gears 3 because I really wanted to get a code for the beta.

#6 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1669 posts) -

I believe The Last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles were the last two games I pre-ordered. I almost never do it, but those two seemed like games that could quickly get hard to find (especially Xenoblade), and plus I figure I would let Nintendo know with my wallet that I appreciate them bringing 'em Westward.

#7 Posted by konig_kei (596 posts) -

Sleeping dogs because it was cheaper. How often I preorder? like once a year.

#8 Posted by ShadowofIntent (288 posts) -

Never have, never will.

#9 Posted by Deathdealer108 (290 posts) -

Persona 4 Arena only for the Arranged Soundtrack. Gotta say Atlus usually is pretty good in getting extra goodies for fans.

#10 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Duke Nukem Forever.

#11 Edited by Deusoma (3001 posts) -

I can't quite remember which one was more recent, but it was either Assassin's Creed III or Halo 4.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't pre-order games that often, it's almost unheard of for me to have two so close together, I'm just reeeeally looking forward to these games.

#12 Posted by Monkeyman04 (1008 posts) -

Borderlands 2

#13 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -
#14 Posted by InfiniteSpark (296 posts) -

The Last Story

#15 Posted by Taku128 (793 posts) -

Sleepy Dawgs

#16 Posted by Jeust (10473 posts) -

Star Wars: The Old Republic, which arrived 7/8 weeks later.

#17 Posted by Jrinswand (1695 posts) -

Honestly, I can't remember. It had to have been like 4 years ago though. I didn't even preorder anything when I worked at GameStop. I never really saw the point even though it was my job to convince people otherwise.

#18 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

Prepurchasing Guild Wars 2 is about as close as I've come to preordering something.

#19 Posted by DocPorpoise (104 posts) -

Halo 4, cause i know i'm going to get it so having it sent to my house just seemed like the right (lazy) thing to do.

#20 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (612 posts) -

i currently have Persona 4 Golden pre-ordered and that's because it was a little under $35 on Amazon for awhile so i preordered it then to save some money on it.

#21 Posted by MightyDuck (1501 posts) -

NHL 13 - $15 giftcard comes with it from Amazon, plus I usually always pick up the NHL series each year.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted - Amazon had it marked down to $50 so I hopped on that.

Those are really the only two games I'm looking forward to for the rest of the year. Black OPS 2 is up there, but I'll probably pick it up at the tail end of the year.

#22 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19307 posts) -

PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale at the same time as Persona 4 Arena. I'll need to pre-order Persona 4 Golden pretty soon, too.

#23 Posted by BeachThunder (11689 posts) -

I preordered both Darksiders 2 and Borderlands 2 at the same time :o

#24 Posted by fuzzybunny566 (448 posts) -

@ShadowofIntent said:

Never have, never will.

ditto

#25 Edited by ilovebees (75 posts) -

BF3 limited edition mainly because it was still $60 and you got the back to Karkand DLC when it came out

#26 Posted by Ryuku_Ryosake (202 posts) -

Diablo 3 so I could preload it. I got to play it a bit that mourning before the servers set on fire and stated that way for the rest of the week. So it was worth it.

#27 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I have never preorderd a game. There are not a lot of games i'm certain I will get. You never know how it will turn out.

#28 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

After wasting my hard earned money on a 60$ L.A. Noire pre-order I learned to never fucking do it again. Wait for the game to come out, watch videos and read reviews to make sure it has good gameplay that will entertain me and be worth the cash, hell even pirate the game to make sure it runs well and isn't a broken port if it's on PC, then when it meets my standards for a good video game, I shell out the cash.

The only thing I pre-ordered after L.A. Noire is Battlefield 3 because, come on. Battlefield.

#29 Posted by WiqidBritt (575 posts) -

Borderlands 2.

#30 Posted by siaynoq (86 posts) -

Skyrim.

I only really preorder cause I think I won't have the money for the game later.

#31 Posted by mosespippy (4032 posts) -

The last time I had disposable income for video games I preordered the Shadow of the Colossus/ICO collection.

#32 Posted by Neurotic (632 posts) -

Tales of Graces. That comes next week. Before that it was Persona 4 Arena but I had to cancel it.

#33 Posted by spiceninja (3055 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 and only because I wanted it at midnight.

#34 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1631 posts) -

Why, I just pre-ordered NFS Most wanted, because why not? That game will be extra awesome so I want to make sure I get that as soon as possible.

#35 Posted by falserelic (5324 posts) -

I think it was duke nukem forever.

#36 Posted by Hilikus (279 posts) -

ME3

#37 Posted by Video_Game_King (35988 posts) -
#38 Posted by Chaser324 (6324 posts) -

Any time there's a game that I'm fairly certain I'll want to play, I pre-order it on Amazon. If I change my mind, I can always cancel it without penalty.

Right now, I have five games pre-ordered on Amazon, and the most recently placed one is NFS: Most Wanted.

#39 Posted by Cybexx (1150 posts) -

I ended up pre-ordering The Last Story on Thursday because I was in the EB Games near my work and found out that their was a Canada-wide 1 week delay on the game. I was asked if I wanted to pre-order it and I though: why not? I also pre-ordered Borderlands 2 from the same location because I thought the Mechromancer class was something I would want to try when that comes out.

Usually I don't pre-order most games, there tends to be enough copies to go around and I like to read some reviews beforehand. Pre-order bonuses tend to be really lame and Collector's Editions have been moving away from the stuff I like to see in them (good Behind-the-Scenes Documentaries).

I will pre-order Blizzard Collector's Editions since they tend to go fast and Atlus games since they tend to ship in limited quantities. But now that Best Buy is carrying Atlus games I don't think I really need to do that anymore.

#40 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I don't always pre-order, but when I do, I pre-order on Amazon because there are no extra fees.

#41 Posted by Dimsey (948 posts) -

Sleeping Dogs. 
I tend to preorder fairly often. 
Hell I'll probably be preordering Borderlands 2 pretty soon. 

#42 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

Borderlands 2 cause I think that is how I am supposed to get the Mechromancer. Though it might have been from a new purchase, I'm not sure. Either way, Borderlands 2 has been pre-ordered and if it doesn't have that then I'm gonna be sad.

I usually don't pre-order a game if it doesn't have some bonus that I'd feel ripped off to not get or if it is a niche Japanese game. I've had a few purchases where I bought the only copy of a game they had... and I had pre-ordered it. So they didn't intend to stock the game outside pre-orders.

#43 Posted by _Chad (963 posts) -

I pre-order all the time not for the bonus stuff but because why not I'm going to get the game anyways. Last game I pre-ordered was Darksiders 2 but I have Borderlands 2 (ultimate super dooper expensive edition) and Assassin's Creed 3 Collectors I only did the collectors stuff for those games because I love both series and I finally make decent money.

#44 Posted by bellmont42 (317 posts) -

Dark Souls on steam... does it count if its not out?

#45 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

Assassin's Creed 3 because I had a $20 off coupon code from Futureshop if I preorder.

#46 Posted by Skyfire543 (657 posts) -

Counter Strike Global Offensive.

Always be AWPin'

#47 Posted by MURDERSMASH (250 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

Duke Nukem Forever.

BAHAHAHAHAHAH. Oh, um, wait...ahh...i'm sorry for your loss.

I just pre-ordered Dark Souls on PC. I guess that makes me a horrible person, but i'm excited for it.

#48 Posted by Slay3r1583 (600 posts) -

It was Akai Katana and Atelier Meruru but I think one came out a week after the other. I plan on putting a preorder down on Mugen Souls when I go to Gamestop this week.

#49 Posted by Hunter5024 (5537 posts) -

I preordered Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and The Last Story at the same time from Amazon. Still waiting on The Last Story...

#50 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

Saints Row: The Third.