• 158 results
#151 Posted by Jimbo (9814 posts) -

Hard to get the memories from that far back in any kind of definite order, but I reckon probably Police Quest. I must have been about 4 or 5 when I played that, but there are a bunch of other games from around the same time and honestly it could have been any of them. I was too young for there to be any kind of Eureka moment; games were just sort of always there.

#152 Posted by Grnd_Lb_Knt (180 posts) -
Super Mario RPG - Used to wake up a 5AM on school days to play the crap out of that game. So much to do. So many characters. So much fun.
#153 Posted by MuttersomeTaxicab (668 posts) -

Also, Quake.

Used to speedrun Episode 1 every morning before school for almost a year.

#154 Edited by fisk0 (4123 posts) -

The first games I played were probably Digger, Pac-Man, Castle Wolfenstein and Pitstop II on the IBM personal computer, and I loved playing them - but the game that opened my eyes for how fascinating the medium actually is was probably the original Wing Commander, as it showed off all the possibilities of the medium - it had a deep, interactive world, characters that you could talk to between missions, a story line whose outcome was affected by how well you did in the missions, and some fantastic graphics and music for it's time that helped the world feel real. It also had several great manuals in the box, with detailed ship specs, backstory for the characters, ships and places, all written in-universe.

#155 Posted by fisk0 (4123 posts) -
@Praab_NZ said:
" Probably Command & Conquer, back around 95, although my first taste of AAA gaming was Metal Gear Solid for the PS1, that game was so goddam difficult for the novice i was at the time. "
ah, yes, C&C is one of my all time favourite games.
#156 Posted by Nux (2360 posts) -

The Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past. That was the very first game I played and I still love it to this day.
#157 Posted by lazyturtle (1229 posts) -

Zaxxon & Beachhead on my Vic20. Tape drives..lol.

#158 Posted by Bakumatsu (355 posts) -
Phantasy Star and Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse both for the Master System.