What were the confirmed new features for members?

• 102 results
Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By Venatio
@Portis said:

@Venatio said:

If they ever decide to do another Endurance Run and make it exclusive to subscribers then that would suck Although it would make me consider membership even though I'm not crazy about the idea

And that is exactly why they'd do it.

Yupp I know, I'm a sucker for those damn ER's
rihanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By rihanna

I'm fine if nothing changes. I just wish I could watch the SNES marathon. I can't spend 5 hours on a Saturday watching a stream on the internet. I hoped as a member I would be able to download it at another time.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@Dany said:

Hugs from Drew Scanlon.

Sigh...if only.

Amducious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Amducious

I knew about the name change a while back as I pm'd Dave about it and he said it was one of the things they were trying to implement in the new back end of the whiskey media sites. Such a top bloke, but kept it under my hat as I considered it wasn't something announced to everybody, although since it was listed in the possibilities of the changes, figured it was okay to mention it now.

I can understand having specific shows for each site instead of a happy hour every week as a lot of members only tend to be interested in one or two of the sites (for me GB and Tested). A monthly happy hour would be great, but I would love to see more GB only shows on a Friday.

Beyond that I'm really happy with GB as it is.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By samfo

@Daveyo520: only to people who don't have subscriptions. GB is a business.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By wrighteous86

@crusader8463 said:

@Wrighteous86: Each their own, but I would be against it. They already showed that they will break their word with the whole bombcast thing, and the only reason they changed it was because enough people made an uproar about it. If they did that to the ER then it would be the same thing all over again, but that would make it a second time that they have gone back on their word. Say what you will, but the main reason a large population on this site has stayed with them for so long is because they trust them, and feel that they can take them at their word. They keep going back on that word one too many times and that feeling of trust will go away and it will take a lot to earn it back.

I still disagree that they ever lied to us. First of all, they never wound up splitting up the Bombcast, so that weakens your argument. Secondly, their "word' was that everyone would get the same content they were expecting, and you would have. You would have gotten everything you wanted, just in a new format. People severely overreacted to that news. "You mean I get everything I want, but for the stuff that's not time-sensitive I'll have to wait a few days?! What an outrage you assholes! I deserve everything I want, exactly the way I want it, for as long as I want it, no matter the realities of the business world! Boo hoo hoo!" Fuck, they were nice enough to even split it, so you'd get all the "current events' portions of the Bombcast when it was still actually relevant. Most sites would've just said, "Take the whole podcast a week later or not at all, you non-paying bitch."

Doing it with the ER would be a bit closer to the "lie" people say they perpetrated (despite having never come to pass and not being totally true in the first place if it had), but considering the ER was never a regular feature, I wouldn't really get all up-in-arms about that either. That's like saying anything that's ever put on the site ever that is at all similar to anything they've ever done before shouldn't be a subscriber bonus. Essentially, using that logic, no videos could EVER be subscriber-only, because Video Things or Ask Me Anythings or any of the other random features they don't really do much could apply to literally anything they think of in the future.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By mutha3
@Hizang said:

A subscriber Endurance only run would be a good move, it would make people get a subscription.

It would also make publishers send 'em a kindly worded letter, requesting to pull it down.

No one is going to let them put a full game behind a paywall..I mean, come on.

Dude, seriously. come on
The_Patriarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By The_Patriarch

@mike828:Vinny is working on it. It's a HUGE file though, but theyve said on twitter it'll be up soon.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By rentfn

I don't remember them saying an Endurance Run would be subscriber only but it would be a way to get people to subscribe. Maybe they can do something like rooster teeth back in the second or so season. They released videos a week early for subscribers and then the next week everyone could watch it. Subscribers could also watch the videos in HD. I wouldn't be opposed to that but i plan on resubscribing. Everyone gets to see it and there is that little extra if you pay to support them.

I think they wanted to make mini-podcasts for members like the radio Dave call in show. So you don't have to stream it on the net, you can bring it with you.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By mutha3
@dudeglove said:

It might be worth noting to other people wah-wah-wah-ing in this thread about the Endurance Runs that a lot of both the Persona 4 and Deadly Premonition run was fucking boring in places. Watching Brad die for the umpteenth time got real old, real fast. Rose-tinted glasses indeed.

So? It was still their best video feature. The first one certainly was, at least. 

I don't really want to see a new one, though. Just because the staff mysteriously flipflopped their stance on the matter a month or so ago, doesn't erase the fact that they've been bitching at people to leave them alone for 2 years now.
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By wrighteous86

@rentfn said:

Maybe they can do something like rooster teeth back in the second or so season. They released videos a week early for subscribers and then the next week everyone could watch it.

They thought about doing that with the non-time sensitive section of the Bombcast... just the sections where it didn't matter when you listened to it, not the News or Current Events, and the entire non-subscribing GB community collectively wet their pants and had a hissy fit.

I can only imagine the threats of suicide if they threatened to withhold the Endurance Run episodes from the non-subscribers for a week.

@mutha3 said:

It would also make publishers send 'em a kindly worded letter, requesting to pull it down.

No one is going to let them put a full game behind a paywall..I mean, come on.

Also, this.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#64  Edited By jimi

@mutha3 said:

So? It was still their best video feature.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By toowalrus

Did they archive this thing at all? I wanted to watch it, but had to work.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By mutha3
@Jimi said:

Video Thing: 2Human

Okay......you make a pretty compelling case, I must admit.

But, funky student man.....funky student.
DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By DeeGee

@Anwar said:

I don't get that HH are for all of whiskey media, so obviously you can't expect bigger segments from GB, but when GB does something all the others get cancelled? So what about those members who signed up, because of the other sites(not me btw)? Just a lil strange imo.

They have to suck it up, I'm afraid. Giant Bomb is the flagship Whiskey site, it has the most amount of traffic. I mean, if you look at the statistics on Quant Cast, Giant Bomb has more traffic then Screend, Tested and Anime Vice combined.

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Zithe

@TooWalrus said:

Did they archive this thing at all? I wanted to watch it, but had to work.

They said they were going to put up some kind of archive this week. Whether it will be the whole video or only the part about the subscription stuff remains to be seen.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#69  Edited By cornbredx

This has really already been answered by several but I wanted to add that they will be archiving the SNES-athon (which they confirmed near the end of the show) so if you missed it you can catch up on what they discussed.

To re-iterate, though, nothing was set in stone they only threw out their ideas and what the numbers told them the people who answered the survey wanted.

They also re-iterated during the conversation NO OLD CONTENT WILL BE PUT BEHIND A PAY WALL EVER. That would obviously include the endurance run. They are only trying to come up with new content that is subscriber only. It sounds as though they want to restructure the happy hour and add some other things into the mix so they aren't burned out on ideas as they acknowledged the happy hour is sometimes stale because they do it too often. There is also talks about multiple pod casts but whether that is a subscriber only thing, they didn't say.

More ideas and thoughts on it than anything concrete. I suspect the concrete stuff will be laid out in Sept during the 2nd Annual Big Live Live Show (which I believe is on Sept 9th).

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Daveyo520
@SamFo: Not everyone can have or afford a subscription even if they wanted one. And don't say "It is only ___ dollars", yes that is still too much sadly. 
patman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By patman77

There was talk of a Vinny Cooking Show at one point during the SNES-a-thon

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#72  Edited By crusader8463
@Wrighteous86: I disagree with your disagreement. 

If I'm recalling correctly, their exact wording was "We will not change, or take away, anything that you already get now, or have gotten, for free and put it behind a pay wall". Trying to use some fancy wording to circumvent that promise to make it look like you are still giving everyone what they already had, but now they have to pay for it if they want to get it at the same time and the same way they always had, is just a silly thing to base your argument on. It's just double talk to take away things and try to trick people into agreeing to changing something they don't want. Saying that we should be grateful that they were only going to put half the show behind a pay wall, and still going against their word by doing so by the way, is like arguing that we should be grateful that the guy screwing us in the ass is at least using lube when he does it, because all the other guys wouldn't have been so nice. No matter how they went about it, at the end of the day we were still getting screwed over. 

You can disagree with that all you want, but as far as I'm concered you are wrong and there is nothing you, or anyone, can say that will change my opinion on that matter. What they had proposed went directly agaisnt everything they said they would do, and if it wasn't for all those "whining entitled bitches", as you put it, the bombcast would be an overly complex mess of a show as far as I'm concerned. So I'm grateful to all those "whining entitled bitches" for speaking up in enough numbers and that they called the guys on their bullshit when they tried to pull one over on the community. 

If you want to argue that they only did it for money reasons that fines, but they were the ones that set out when the topic of a pay wall started by standing up and promising to the community that they would not take away or change content we already got for free. They are the ones that made that promise to work around those rules and guidelines when they started trying to find ways to make the pay wall be something more then a glorified donate button, and we are the ones that have to make them stick to that promise and hold them accountable to that.

As for your definition of what constitutes regular content or not, that's up to the individual to decide. When the time comes that they start trying to take stuff away from us to see what we will let them put behind the paywall it won't be you or me who decides what goes or not. It's going to be the community as a whole that will voice their opinions about what they are/are not willing to put up with being taken away and neither you nor I will be the ones who decide. All you can do is hope you are standing in the louder crowd when it comes time to decide.
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By wrighteous86

@crusader8463: Fair enough, I just don't see why there's an issue if you get something a week later for free that other people pay to get early. I understand that people took their phrasing to mean something like that would never happen, so they were surprised, but even if they did that, and I wasn't a subscriber, I guess I just wouldn't care.

I'm a subscriber, but I never watch the TNT or Happy Hour live. I have shit to do when they stream those videos, so I watch them a few days later. I get a lot of things days later. I don't pay for HBO or cable. If there's a show I want that I have to pay to see, I usually wait a few days and find it through alternative means... I just don't see why that would bother people. If I still got to see the Endurance Run, or get a subscriber podcast, just a week later, I'm still getting that content, so I wouldn't care that it was a few days or a week old. I don't think that's much of a sacrifice to get non-time sensitive content for free. If they did that with Reviews, or News, or Quick Looks, there'd be an obvious reason to freak out about it. I don't expect TV stations to have their new episodes up online the second they start showing it on TV, a day or two later is a suitable sacrifice, in my opinion.

I get what they said, but even if they wound up "lying" about it, I guess I just wouldn't care.

PS Oh, and I listen to a lot of podcasts on my way to work and during breaks, but I still wind up listening to most of them almost a week late. I guess I just don't need my content immediately upon availability, though I'm sure I'm not the norm, in that sense.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By sjupp

I'm just going to pay them because I want to. I love GB.

Floppypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#75  Edited By Floppypants

An Endurance Run behind a paywall wouldn't work anyway.  I doubt that new visitors to the site would even understand what they're missing.  It makes more sense to start a new Endurance Run with a high quality, hyped, new release to draw more people to the site.
That said, if they add anything for members, I would just like some more swag for my membership bucks.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By crusader8463
@Wrighteous86: I don't think it's a matter of getting the content a day or two later, as it was/is always about the "We promise to never take away or change..." line that Jeff made that will forever haunt any decision regarding paid content. The sites community was formed around trusting these guys heart, mind, and soul no amtter what crazy thing they said. So when the very first announcement of what they are going to include in that pay wall could kind of, in a way, but you could maybe, possibly argue not really, break that promise, or at least try to bend the rules and hope people overlook it, people are going to get mad about it on principle.

That's why I think that for a lot of people it was always a matter of principle, and not so much when/how we would get the content itself. I know that was a big aspect of it for me, even though I too did think that cutting up the bombcast like that would do more harm then anything else.

Or maybe I'm wrong. Who knows? What happened happened, and debating about it won't change it after the fact.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By crusader8463
@Anwar said:

And I'm kind of happy that we can have this civil discussion here, no resort to name-calling like 'haters gonna hate' etc. Another reason why I love the GB community :D

Wish these were the norm instead of the exception to the rule.
laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By laserbolts
@WilliamRLBaker Then why would you subscribe in the first place? To support the guys? Wouldn't adding more incentives to subscribe equal more subscribers and more support?
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By wrighteous86

@crusader8463: Yeah, I understand being upset on principle. And I think "bending the rules and hoping people overlook it" is the best way to phrase what they were intending. I guess I just overlooked it. I understand why some people couldn't, but it didn't bother me. I do think the Bombcast would have been worse off for everyone involved if it were split though. It's clear they're not quite sure what to do to make subscriptions work, so there are going to be people getting pissed off and some growing pains, so it's good that people complain if something bothers them, but I think some people need to be a bit more flexible too if things aren't really that outrageous.

There are certainly things they can do to piss me off, and I'd rather they drop the Happy Hour or re-tool it (which it looks like they're planning) and focus on more specific site content except for relevant crossovers (like Comic Book Movies or PC Video Game equipment), but I don't think a delayed feature would bother me once my subscription dries up.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#80  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Wait, members are getting new features? 
Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#81  Edited By Little_Socrates

@Daveyo520 said:

@SamFo: Not everyone can have or afford a subscription even if they wanted one. And don't say "It is only ___ dollars", yes that is still too much sadly.

That's completely ridiculous. This is a video games website. Video games are a luxury product that currently cost $40-60 new, depending on the platform. If you have enough money to play more than one video game a year, then you have enough money to pay the $50 for subscription. You may not have the means (I know we have a lot of teens without credit cards on the site, and they obviously can't pay the subscription fee, and I know a lot of people feel unsafe putting their credit cards on the web) but if you're playing video games you have the funds. You'd just rather spend them on more games. I'm not saying that's wrong by any standard, but acting like we have folks really too poor to pay the subscription fee rather than "would rather pay for another game or, say, cable" is silly. Hell, this is a WEBSITE, which means its users are mostly paying for the internet. Note: if we have any users exclusively playing games from last-gen posting exclusively from a library who really can't afford subscription or the internet, you are the exception, not the rule. The website should not and will not ever be designed to cater to you, but enjoy what you can get out of the website, and welcome! Hopefully living vicariously through the Bomb Crew is satisfying.

Personally, if they wind up doing an Endurance Run specifically because a lot of users are requesting one and not because they actually found the right game for it, then I'd be okay with it being a subscriber-only feature. If they're doing it for people who are specifically whining at them for it, why not say, "Okay, we'll do another Endurance Run, but you have to give us something in return other than your whining?" Those that whine past that point will never have stopped whining or were never actually going to give the Bombers any money to begin with, so they'll leave, effectively leaving Giant Bomb with a net loss of zero. Maybe it's a bit of a Gordian way to think about it, but for those who were never gonna spend any money anyways, door's to your left.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By samfo

@Little_Socrates said:

@Daveyo520 said:

That's completely ridiculous. This is a video games website. Video games are a luxury product that currently cost $40-60 new, depending on the platform. If you have enough money to play more than one video game a year, then you have enough money to pay the $50 for subscription. You may not have the means (I know we have a lot of teens without credit cards on the site, and they obviously can't pay the subscription fee, and I know a lot of people feel unsafe putting their credit cards on the web) but if you're playing video games you have the funds. You'd just rather spend them on more games. I'm not saying that's wrong by any standard, but acting like we have folks really too poor to pay the subscription fee rather than "would rather pay for another game or, say, cable" is silly. Hell, this is a WEBSITE, which means its users are mostly paying for the internet. Note: if we have any users exclusively playing games from last-gen posting exclusively from a library who really can't afford subscription or the internet, you are the exception, not the rule. The website should not and will not ever be designed to cater to you, but enjoy what you can get out of the website, and welcome! Hopefully living vicariously through the Bomb Crew is satisfying.

Personally, if they wind up doing an Endurance Run specifically because a lot of users are requesting one and not because they actually found the right game for it, then I'd be okay with it being a subscriber-only feature. If they're doing it for people who are specifically whining at them for it, why not say, "Okay, we'll do another Endurance Run, but you have to give us something in return other than your whining?" Those that whine past that point will never have stopped whining or were never actually going to give the Bombers any money to begin with, so they'll leave, effectively leaving Giant Bomb with a net loss of zero. Maybe it's a bit of a Gordian way to think about it, but for those who were never gonna spend any money anyways, door's to your left.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH.

I owe you a beer, a coke, whatever you want. You have perfectley articulated my feelings on this.

Brilliant points all round.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#83  Edited By tourgen

something I think Vinny mentioned in passing was to load up a game save of where he was last in a game and just start playing.  jumping in cold from the last save of a game they shelved a while ago.  I thought it was a really cool idea.

Also things like the SNES marathon was a very cool idea and made a pretty great show.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Daveyo520 said:
Making something like an ER a subscriber only thing would be a dick move.
Yeah that would be terrible.
Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#85  Edited By Belonpopo
@Venatio: SHUT THE FUCK UP!
Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#86  Edited By Lunar_Aura

I don't need any new features I just want higher quality of current ones.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#87  Edited By Oldirtybearon
@Little_Socrates said:

@Daveyo520 said:

You're a smart guy, so it upsets me to see that you're thinking that you can spend my money for me. 

There is no need for justification. If someone feels that $50, $5  or $1.00 a month is too much for their purses, then that is their prerogative. You don't get to dictate what is or what isn't worth someone's money. You also don't get to dictate how their money is spent. 

If I don't feel like my $50 a year is going to get me something worthwhile, I won't spend it, and I haven't. Yes video games are a luxury item. I spend my disposable income on video games because they net me quality entertainment. Great value for my dollar. I spend $50 on Whiskey Media (NOT Giant Bomb), and what does that get me? Some redheaded asshole with his own personal Short Round who act like douchebags? Comic book enthusiasts who never have anything to talk about so they write a bunch of what-if/elsewhere op-eds (not entirely their fault, very few comic-only sites survive for this reason)? Or how about Screened? A site that, while they produce excellent video content, doesn't produce it often enough to warrant frequent visitation of their site. Their freelance pieces are a joke with no content or opinion to speak of, and the film reviews I can get from a half-thousand critics elsewhere on the Internet. Or hell, even in my morning paper. The one thing that Screened had going for it was the video features. Video features that aren't produced often enough now because one of the staff members decided to flee to the other side of the country. Yeah, I'm really getting premiere quality for my money.

Ah, but there is Giant Bomb. A site with great personalities, a site with extensive and timely video content, and a site where the opinions of its contributors is something I actually care about. considering they have extensive resumes that tell me WHY I should care about their opinion. Don't get me wrong, if my money was going to Giant Bomb I wouldn't hesitate. My money isn't going to Giant Bomb, it's going to Whiskey Media, and frankly, Whiskey Media isn't worth the trouble of PayPal work-arounds. It's a value judgment on my part, and it's one I stand by. 

That being said, good for them if they lock content behind a paywall. They need to make money somehow, since it's clear enough the rest of Whiskey sites can't draw a fucking dime.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By MrKlorox

@ESREVER said:

Corpse Runs!

They keep on playing the game until one of them dies.... IN REAL LIFE.

...or until they die in the game.

YES! Permadeath runs of some games would be awesome and function as miniature ERs. I want to see a permadeath run of Stalker; too bad only Dave likes that game and he's way too busy.

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Sarkhan

You can jugle your balls, but then select 1 of theme.... That's it. No more. :O

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Daveyo520
@Little_Socrates: Who said I had money to buy games either? Really the QLs on this site are the closest I get to playing games a lot of the time, most of all new games. Nor do I have the ability to buy things online despite not being a teen, it is mainly this problem if I waited long enough I may be able to get 50 dollars but it would just live in my wallet being useless. I am not going to go into my financial details with you.  

@KingWilly: Well that was racist. I also disagree with you strongly on the other sites and their quality. 
SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By SomeJerk

I used to buy gaming magazines every month.

GB costs me $5 a month.

Well woopty shit.

Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Little_Socrates

@KingWilly said:

@Little_Socrates said:

@Daveyo520 said:

You're a smart guy, so it upsets me to see that you're thinking that you can spend my money for me. There is no need for justification. If someone feels that $50, $5 or $1.00 a month is too much for their purses, then that is their prerogative. You don't get to dictate what is or what isn't worth someone's money. You also don't get to dictate how their money is spent. If I don't feel like my $50 a year is going to get me something worthwhile, I won't spend it, and I haven't. Yes video games are a luxury item. I spend my disposable income on video games because they net me quality entertainment. Great value for my dollar. I spend $50 on Whiskey Media (NOT Giant Bomb), and what does that get me? Some redheaded asshole with his own personal Short Round who act like douchebags? Comic book enthusiasts who never have anything to talk about so they write a bunch of what-if/elsewhere op-eds (not entirely their fault, very few comic-only sites survive for this reason)? Or how about Screened? A site that, while they produce excellent video content, doesn't produce it often enough to warrant frequent visitation of their site. Their freelance pieces are a joke with no content or opinion to speak of, and the film reviews I can get from a half-thousand critics elsewhere on the Internet. Or hell, even in my morning paper. The one thing that Screened had going for it was the video features. Video features that aren't produced often enough now because one of the staff members decided to flee to the other side of the country. Yeah, I'm really getting premiere quality for my money. Ah, but there is Giant Bomb. A site with great personalities, a site with extensive and timely video content, and a site where the opinions of its contributors is something I actually care about. considering they have extensive resumes that tell me WHY I should care about their opinion. Don't get me wrong, if my money was going to Giant Bomb I wouldn't hesitate. My money isn't going to Giant Bomb, it's going to Whiskey Media, and frankly, Whiskey Media isn't worth the trouble of PayPal work-arounds. It's a value judgment on my part, and it's one I stand by. That being said, good for them if they lock content behind a paywall. They need to make money somehow, since it's clear enough the rest of Whiskey sites can't draw a fucking dime.

Notice the specific part where I say it's not wrong if you don't want to spend money on a subscription. I merely take issue with those who claim they CANNOT afford a Giant Bomb subscription and therefore their content should be free. While I personally like Screened and Tested, I totally get why someone wouldn't buy a subscription for Giant Bomb alone, and that's fine by me. Just don't then make demands, as you're giving no money to the site and your traffic only updates their site hit rankings. Well, except now they have ads, which the free members complain about too. What, are they supposed to do this simply to serve others? Again, there's plenty of reasons not to buy a subscription, including simply wanting to buy more games to begin with, and there's nothing moralistic about it, but then don't act entitled when a business you don't fund acts like a business. Also, you're a racist for the comment about Norm, and I'm tempted to flag the post for it.

@Daveyo520 said:

@Little_Socrates: Who said I had money to buy games either? Really the QLs on this site are the closest I get to playing games a lot of the time, most of all new games. Nor do I have the ability to buy things online despite not being a teen, it is mainly this problem if I waited long enough I may be able to get 50 dollars but it would just live in my wallet being useless. I am not going to go into my financial details with you.

Understand then when I say you're not the demographic for the site; I'm glad you're here, and I don't think less of you as a user or a person, but if you cannot afford to help them, they are not entitled to help you. I'm not going to ask for the financial details (gosh, that would be rude) but know that modern games are a luxury product and this is a site about those. I'm glad you get something out of it; god knows I get nothing out of Tested and its luxury computer parts and tablets video content. I'd highlight the part where I specifically address this response, but I'm currently using highlighting to calm KingWilly down. Again, I'm glad you're here, but the website should be designed to cater to gamers who can make the most out of their content, which they largely consider purchasing advice.

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Sarkhan

@iAmJohn said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Making features pay for subsribers has the optiset affect on me it makes me not want to subscribe...

This is a total dick reply, I know, but wow dude, really?

this. and if i may? Hopwe we never see you again :) Feat "save" is again for us who actually work and enjoy this site. You work and don't enjoy, but still signed up? don't fucking whine about things you get for free when they play. gold members, we enjoy it after it's "gold" come on now.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#94  Edited By Venatio
@Belonpopo said:
@Venatio: SHUT THE FUCK UP!
Umm, okay? What the fuck is your problem? Is it because I said I would like a new ER, it's not like I started a thread about it, I've never made any fuss about wanting a new ER 

Or is it because I said I would pay for a new ER? So which one is it?

Although I know I should know better than responding to internet assholes -_-
Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#95  Edited By Sooty

I don't think there's anything they could add to make me subscribe. I have a phone that's perfectly capable of using the full site properly now. (unlike my old iPhone 3GS where I had to zoom in constantly + lack of flash)

Plus I just feel a bit sour on paying for HD videos when sites like Gametrailers have been doing that for free since what, 2005? I mean HD video is basically expected now, it just seems plain archaic that Whiskey Media has it as a subscriber only feature.

If hosting is an issue why not just host all the videos on YouTube? The YouTube video player is much better than the one this sites uses as well.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Meowshi
@Little_Socrates said:

@Daveyo520 said:

I haven't bought a video game in months.  So fuck off with the presumptuous attitude, will ya?  
Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Jams

@Meowshi said:

@Little_Socrates said:

@Daveyo520 said:

@KingWilly:

If you don't help pay whiskey medias way, then why should they give a shit about what you want or don't want? You basically have no right to make demands to a business you don't give money to. I don't go call GE and tell them to make their light bulbs shoot fucking laser beams even though I just seen their bulbs at a store and never actually bought any. It's fine that you visit the site and I'm sure the WM crew appreciate it, but don't go around acting like the CEO trying to demand this and that and complaining when they just ignore you. They don't owe you anything.

Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Little_Socrates

@Meowshi: I still stand by my statement. If you're doing it by lack of funds rather than by choice, then you are the exception, not the rule. I'd respect it if it were by choice as the only game that even approached a must-play so far this year is Bastion, but if it's not, I apologize if I offended you, but you're just not the target audience. This is a website that has become focused on current releases and purchasing advice, though it sounds like survey responses may have convinced them to focus more on the Giant Bomb personalities rather than actual games coverage.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Meowshi
@Jams said:

@Meowshi said:

@Little_Socrates said:

@Daveyo520 said:

@KingWilly:

If you don't help pay whiskey medias way, then why should they give a shit about what you want or don't want? You basically have no right to make demands to a business you don't give money to. I don't go call GE and tell them to make their light bulbs shoot fucking laser beams even though I just seen their bulbs at a store and never actually bought any. It's fine that you visit the site and I'm sure the WM crew appreciate it, but don't go around acting like the CEO trying to demand this and that and complaining when they just ignore you. They don't owe you anything.

!? 

I'm not making "demands", I'm just giving my opinion.  You know, as a fan. 

Didn't realize I had to pay someone for my opinion to have any merit.
Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Jams

@Meowshi said:

@Jams said:

@Meowshi said:

@Little_Socrates said:

@Daveyo520 said:

@KingWilly:

!? I'm not making "demands", I'm just giving my opinion. You know, as a fan. Didn't realize I had to pay someone for my opinion to have any merit.

You can give your opinion all you want, just don't expect them to listen to any of it. Edit: At least when you're paying to help keep their lights on, you get to have a say. That's what I believe anyways.