#1 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

So black friday has come and gone and while deals are continuing throughout the weekend I was wondering what were some of the random gaming purchases you guys made? Going in I wanted to buy some specific games, Metal Gear HD Collection, Spec Ops The Line, both of the Witcher games on Steam. I managed to get all of those for cheap but there were a couple random purchases. I ended up buying The Sims 3 on Origin, yeah I know, for $9, Need for Speed Most Wanted Vita for $20 and even though I hated the series after 2 I bought Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance for $16.99 because why not. So what were the random game deals that caught you?

#2 Edited by mandude (2666 posts) -

The things I didn't expect to buy were Syndicate, Persona 4: Arena, and...hmm, I guess I did pretty well, this year. Although I'm considering buying Battlefield 3.

EDIT: Just gave in and bought Nier, Bayonetta(?) and an Xbox Controller battery charger.

#3 Posted by Bobafeet (67 posts) -

I bought the Thief collection on steam. I've never played them before.

#4 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3798 posts) -

Forza Horizon (Xbox 360) - $14.99

Max Payne 3 (Xbox 360) - $19.99

Tekken Tag Tournament (PS3) - $25.00

Other Games Purchased:

Crashmo (3ds eshop) - $8.99

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 Triple Pack (PC) - $2.49

#5 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

I bought Dishonored for $25.

#6 Posted by pantzing_nome (588 posts) -
  • Dead Island (xbox 360) $9.99
  • Quantum Conundrum (xbox 360) $7.50
#7 Edited by RecSpec (3926 posts) -

The Microsoft Store...holy shit. Ended up getting the whole Gears trilogy for 20, Forza Horizon for 15, Binary Domain for $10. Those were random. 
I also knocked off a lot of my To Do list for the rest of the year from there. Spec Ops and Dragon's Dogma also for 10. 

#8 Posted by Itwastuesday (982 posts) -

this insane microsoft store sale reminds me of this

also I bought hella way too many games for 10$.

#9 Edited by TheMathlete (326 posts) -

I picked up The Walking Dead on Steam for 50% off. That's about it.

Edit: I also picked up Valkyria Chronicles for $19, but that wasn't part of any black friday sales. Just Wal-Mart's bargain bin.

I'm actually really looking forward to play it after I'm done with The Walking Dead.

#10 Posted by MC_Hify (350 posts) -

MLB The Show 12 
Dishonored 
that crazy Assassin's Creed Vita bundle

#11 Posted by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -

Nothing random, just things I've been wanting for awhile now. Got The Sims 3 Seasons (not that worth it, really (honestly, I could say that for all of the expansion/stuff packs)) and the Dawnguard and Hearthfire DLCs for Skyrim.

#12 Posted by Nev (561 posts) -

I grabbed Dishonored, and Sleeping Dogs on 360 for $25 at Amazon. Also the eBook 'Ubik' from Amazon for 99 cents...

That aside I've grabbed a couple Steam sale games.

#13 Posted by AlexW00d (6431 posts) -

A hunting game cause I'm awesome.

#14 Posted by Morningstar (2238 posts) -
#15 Posted by Marz (5671 posts) -

only got Dishonored.

#16 Posted by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

The only things I bought were the two games I'd been holding out on a sale for: X-Com and Hitman: Absolution (yes, it literally just released, but budgets and all). Quality over quantity.

#17 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2030 posts) -

I actually only grabbed ArmA II on Steam. I was this close to buying a bunch of The Sims 3 expansion packs, but I'm not the same me as several years ago when I was a middle schooler who could spend time bumming around with games like that anymore. Life's too busy for me to be life-simulating like that.

It doesn't count for immediate gaming, but I did buy a 256GB Vertex 4 Solid State Drive, two 8GB RAM sticks, and upgraded my laptop to Windows 8. I also bought a $90 3TB HDD to use with my enclosure as storage.

#18 Posted by SefaRed (123 posts) -

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for £4.99 at Gamersgate. Amazing price considering it's usually £14 to £20 everywhere else. I haven't reckoned much to any of Steam's deals so far.

#19 Posted by mnzy (2925 posts) -

I bought 

• Spec Ops (4€)
  • Rage (4,99€)
  • Max Payne 3 (~12€)
All digital.
#20 Posted by crusader8463 (14428 posts) -

I didn't get anything in the stores. I was going to buy a new TV because mine started acting up but it suddenly stopped and is working fine now. So I'm sure once all the deals have passed it will break again and I will be shit out of luck. I kept looking through all the fliers and there just were not any good deals in my eyes. Nothing grabbed me so I just didn't bother. I keep checking online stores but I'm hoping there's nothing on there because they are waiting for CyberMonday.

I picked up a couple cheap things on Steam but that's it. A skin for like $.50 for a guy I use in Awesomenauts, and the Magicka DLC bundle for like $6. That's all that caught my eye so far.

#21 Posted by Bakumatsu (374 posts) -

I bought Walking Dead for 15€ and both dlcs for Skyrim (Dawnguard for 9.99€ and Heartfire for 2.49€) on Steam. But the weekend isn't over yet. Saw Skyrim of Impulse Drive for 15€, which pissed me off since I bought it a week ago on Gamefly for 25€.

#22 Posted by Chris2KLee (2338 posts) -

Syndicate on PC for $4.

#23 Posted by Management (593 posts) -

I pre-ordered Far Cry 3 for what equals to 40 dollars. This is really good if you keep in mind that a new game usually costs around 90 dollars here in Norway.

Pretty happy with that deal.

#24 Posted by Levius (1227 posts) -

I got Resident Evil 6 for £15 (about $24) today, at worst it will be a fun local co-op experience to blast through over Christmas.

#25 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1733 posts) -

I got that Ass Creed Vita bundle on amazon. Total steal. 

#26 Posted by fuzzybunny566 (451 posts) -

batman arkham city for 15 bucks on steam was a long time coming for me, but i never expected to grab syndicate pc for like 8 bucks and mortal kombat komplete x360 for 20 bucks off amazon...two separate orders and those games fulfilled the 25 dollar free shipping minimum on each

#27 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Really happy with my Vita, I traded in my 360 towards it so I got it cheap as hell.

#28 Posted by Kieran_Smith5 (152 posts) -

Picked up the 3ds, and Super Mario 3D Land bundle.

#29 Posted by CaLe (4050 posts) -

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

I guess I bought it during Black Friday, but it wasn't discounted or anything.

#30 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1668 posts) -

I ended up getting War of the Roses and XCOM for myself! But, I've already gotten a few gifts so I indulged myself...

#31 Edited by BigDaddy81 (330 posts) -

Just picked up Dishonored and XCOM for $25 each. Also picked up the $180 Assassin's Creed Vita bundle for the girlfriend.

I think that just about covers the rest of the games I wanted to get this year. Still on the fence about Far Cry 3.

#32 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

I got a 500GB PS3 and Vita with PS Allstars in a bundle for £329

#33 Posted by Adaurin (188 posts) -

Forza Horizons for $15 and the Sly Cooper Collection for $10.

#34 Posted by borkran (24 posts) -

Up here in the fabled Canadas I got me some LA Noire Complete (PS3) for $19.99, Sleeping Dogs (360) for $29.99 and XCOM (360) for $39.99. Not a bad haul!

#35 Posted by believer258 (12179 posts) -

Oh boy here we go:

• Forza Horizon on 360
  • A pair of Turtlebeach X12 headphones for my computer and 360 (everything said after this was bought on PC)
  • Bioshock 1
  • Bioshock 2
  • Borderlands 2
  • Audiosurf
  • Dead Island
  • Max Payne 3
  • Knights of the Old Republic 2
  • The Walking Dead
  • The Witcher 2

So, yeah, I'm going to be real busy all Christmas.

#36 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Pikmin 2 for 15 bucks. 

#37 Posted by itspizza (446 posts) -

Dance central 3 for the GF $15

XCOM $33

Walking dead $12

First gaming PC $800

#38 Edited by DjDonFrancisco (299 posts) -

I bought

Max Payne 3 - $9

Forza Horizon - $15

Binary Domain - $10

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - $10

XCOM: Enemy Unknown - $25

The most random was definitely XCOM. I've had little interest in it despite the acclaim, but after dodging and denying it each time saw it on sale, I finally bit yesterday evening when I came across the last copy at Walmart. I'll chalk it up to fate.

If the Microsoft Store restocks, I'll probably grab a copy of Saints Row The Third and Syndicate.

#39 Posted by RareMonkey (110 posts) -

nothing i resisted all purchases, but i couldnt find the bundle i wanted from amazon yesterday (bioware bundle) so far sad black friday

#40 Posted by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

I overspent during the Steam summer sale, and also with some subsequent game purchases, so I've pretty much ignored all sales going on.

#41 Posted by ragbag (44 posts) -

Forza Horizon from the Microsoft Store for $15 and XCOM for $25 when I got off work at Walmart late Thursday night.

#42 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

I finally got a washer and dryer so fuck this video game shit. I mostly got steam games like Hotline Miami.

#43 Posted by Silver-Streak (1382 posts) -

All Digital for me:

Syndicate from Gamefly for $4

Sleeeeepy Dawgs from Amazon for $20

Kingdoms of Amalur from Gamefly for $6.3

Dark Souls from Amazon for $15

#44 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2402 posts) -

I didn't intend to buy anything, but I saw Saints Row The Third for $10 on Microsoft's online store and had to get it.