• 78 results
#1 Edited by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

Modern Warfare 3? Halo 4? Discuss.

Anybody who makes 2012 jokes will be kindly banned by CitizenKane and be shot through the head with a lightsaber pistol.

#2 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

We will be controlling real people like in the movie Gamer.

#3 Edited by ThePsychoGamer (77 posts) -

2012, a crappy game based on a a crappy movie.
Game developers will start focusing more and more on graphics to appease the graphic whores, as there  forces strengthen games will start looking more and more realistic, until virtual reality becomes real, but at this point gamers will have become so lazy that most games eature just staring at a screen as the story progresses with no interactivity at all, this business flops and the line between games and movies will disappear along with games, thus the gaming world will come to an end in the year 2012. but a small rebel group intent on getting the games back will infultrate the military, no longer a challange duo to the lazyness that the fall of gaming has brought. they will arm nuclear missles and theaten to fire them if they don't get a good game. they will be sent Uncharted 4, one of the years most hyped movies. Inraged by this they lunch the nuke/ the fallout has cause people to start working again, but it also causes a collaopse of a centeralise goverment. Thus making the most realistic game ever, fallout 5, where you will actually have to survive a post apocalyptic waste land.

i really hope you don't have that kind of pull with the mod... or a light-saber pistol

#4 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Man in 1997 all I could think about is how awesome Sega's stuff was going to be in the future...  12 years will bring so many changes to gaming that it's impossible for anyone to even begin to speculate.

I'd say by that time barring any major upsets in the world or the games industry (both of which are very likely), noone will care about graphics anymore by that time.  It won't even be considered in game reviews because if you want a game that's basically perfectly realistic looking, you can play that.  People will only care if stuff looks cool or interesting.

That's about all I can predict, I don't know if motion controls will improve to the point where they've really caught on, or what companies / platforms will be around or anything like that.

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (36004 posts) -

Oh, I can tell you through the use of my time machines. A few years before 2021, Konami's gonna declare war on the Moon because of some copyright laws or whatever. This being the Video Game Kingdom, I accept their challenge, and a war between my Kingdom and the United Federation of Game Developers begins. It doesn't end until 2025, when all members of the UFGD sign my "Stop it Now" Treaty. If they break the treaty (IE go back to exploiting the shit out of a certain genre, like is happening right now with music games), I blow up the Earth. That's what happens to video games.

#6 Posted by Fallen189 (4941 posts) -

Sega will do what nintendon't.

I'm calling it here.

#7 Posted by CitizenKane (10502 posts) -

All I hope for in the future of video games is that I will still enjoy playing them.

#8 Posted by IrishDevil (36 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
"All I hope for in the future of video games is that I will still enjoy playing them. "

This right here.
#9 Posted by leky1 (829 posts) -

Gamers all over the world will kill themselves because new are stupid cocksucking games ...

#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (36004 posts) -
@Fallen189: 

They'll declare bankruptcy :P.
#11 Posted by lilarchie232 (728 posts) -

Hover boards my friends

#12 Posted by Muttinus_Rump (814 posts) -
@leky1: Wat?

But yeah, virtual reality bro. Totally sick.
#13 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

Dynasty Warriors 18 ....... just think about that...  o.0

#14 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -
@dbz1995: Shooting with a saber huh? 
Well anyway, virtua boy will happen, heard it here first
#15 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -
@IrishDevil said:
"@CitizenKane said:
"All I hope for in the future of video games is that I will still enjoy playing them. "
This right here. "

Right. 
I still enjoy playing games, but not as thoroughly as i used to 4/5 years ago. 
I'm age 32, btw.
Eventually, reality is catching up with you and somehow... it just doesn't feel right. 
I don't know how to put it correctly.
#16 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

I edited out this post because I just woke up and didn't think enough about my reply. I am just saying I like the direction of the first crysis game. Big levels, lots of physics and almost photorealistic graphics. You probally don't know what I mean by saying bigger levels, I mean the recreation of real life scalewise. In real life everything has high resolution and perfect textures and rarely looks semi realistic. I'll show an example of what I like games to look like in 12 years time, I want every game to look like this. Anything less is unacceptable.

#17 Edited by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

The Dreamcast 2 will come out, Fingers cross though. I also hope that I will still enjoy games and that video games won't suck. also, The Virtual boy 2 will actually be virtual reality with bad graphics.

#18 Posted by fuzzyponken (694 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" Probally most physics, bigger levels, better textures, more realistic, like crysis on very high settings for every game, no more semi realistic art design, rather more technical graphics imo, sort of like modern warfare 2, yet more realistic. "
Wow, set your bar a little low there, don't you think? This is 12 years we're talking. 
#19 Posted by Burntlettuce (100 posts) -

Hopefully be better >.>

#20 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

They won't matter to me at all.

#21 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -
@fuzzyponken: Look at today's games, none of it looks real, looks like a cartoon. Fine you want me to be realistic, we would be utilizing natal like technology for all of our games. I think we would buy media from online and stuff, it would be streamed at higher than 1080p resolution. You only need a set top box and it would play games streamed to your hdtv, consoles would be at a server place. It would be more interactive as an experience and I think consoles are going to take two generations to get to that photorealistic sort of look. I am not happy with the current graphics i'm seeing right now. However I say it's going to be similar because games fundementally would be the same. One more thing, it would be in 3d or steroscopic 3d for all games in the future. Is that better?
#22 Posted by Akeldama (4238 posts) -
@IrishDevil said:
" @CitizenKane said:
This right here. "
seconded.
#23 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

#24 Posted by Spacetrucking (941 posts) -
#25 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" All I hope for in the future of video games is that I will still enjoy playing them. "
#26 Posted by ZheGypsi (15 posts) -

FFXX 3
But honestly, I think we'll have body game implementation recognition with good controls :). Or decent virtual tech.

#27 Posted by Branthog (7342 posts) -
@dbz1995 said:
" Modern Warfare 3? Halo 4? Discuss.  Anybody who makes 2012 jokes will be kindly banned by CitizenKane and be shot through the head with a lightsaber pistol. "
What does 2012 have to do with almost 2022 (twelve years from now)? And do you seriously think that all we'll managed to do by 2022 is come out with Halo 4 and MW3? That's a hell of a long development cycle. Also, I don't care where things will be in twelve years, because I'll be in my mid 40s by then and probably too old to be even remotely competitive or competent in anything short of slow paced puzzle games or something.
#28 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

Only 3 games per system per cycle due to extremely long/costly developement.  The three titles will be: Madden, COD: The Iraq/Iran/Isreal clusterfuck, and My little Pony Extreme Edition#5. 

#29 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Well, if graphics cards are progressing at their current average rate, about 15-20% per year, we'll see almost a 6-fold increase in graphical power over the next 12 years. This will approximately mean that even low-level to mainstream computers will be able to run Crysis at max settings, while PC users will be able to run games an order of magnitude (x10) more demanding and max settings, with consoles somewhere in between. 

#30 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -
@fuzzyponken said:
" @HitmanAgent47 said:
" Probally most physics, bigger levels, better textures, more realistic, like crysis on very high settings for every game, no more semi realistic art design, rather more technical graphics imo, sort of like modern warfare 2, yet more realistic. "
Wow, set your bar a little low there, don't you think? This is 12 years we're talking.  "
Seriously, think about how far we've come in the last 12 years... it must photo-realistic or pretty darn close by that point.
#31 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Ninetendo releases the N.E.S. "Neuro Entertainment System..." NeuroStation is released by Sony a year later when a deal between Nintendo and Sony falls apart. Microsoft follows suit with XNeuroX.

#32 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4578 posts) -

I'm just worried that the worlds in games will become more enjoyable than the real world. I'd prefer real jungles to still be around rather than photorealistic virtual ones.

On a less morbid note, I imagine there will be a point where graphics will kind of level off a bit. And then everything will go 3-d, and SHIT WILL GET CRAZY.

#33 Posted by TheJollyRajah (1576 posts) -

Eh... Crysis still has a ways to go before I'd consider it photo-realistic. 

I remember 13 years ago when I played Super Mario 64 for the first time. I thought nothing could top it graphically. I had no clue what games would look like now. I think it's hard to really comprehend what games will look like in 12 years until we get there. Then we can look back and laugh at the guy who said all games will look like Crysis.

#34 Posted by xyzygy (9892 posts) -

Stereoscopic TVs.

#35 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6185 posts) -

PS9 early.

#36 Posted by FrEeZe (301 posts) -

DX16 
Most games will be in 3D  
Portable Gaming Devices will support 3D
Most games will implement a camera in someway  
Actual Water Physics 
Digital Distribution will top Retail Dsitribution 
Apple will release a console

#37 Posted by Metroid545 (1823 posts) -
@dbz1995 said:
" Modern Warfare 3? Halo 4? Discuss.  Anybody who makes 2012 jokes will be kindly banned by CitizenKane and be shot through the head with a lightsaber pistol. "
it will take 12 years too make MW3 and Halo 4? DAMN bro!
#38 Posted by PenguinDust (12450 posts) -

V.R. becomes a reality for every household.  Geeks and nerds appear dorkier than ever. 

"Whoa...Barbie Horse Adventures 2 rules.  So many pretty ponies."
#39 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

Oh my god-I just thought of something. Microsoft are making Terminators to kill us all.
 Think about it, Project Natal will be able to track what we do...right? Now, it is pretty obvious they are feeding this in to some gigantic robot machine that will respond to anything we do gamewisse. And, as we all know, that most of the gaming world play shooters, the robot will develop a machine gun...and kill us all.
 DO NOT BUY HALO 4. IT WILL END THE WORLD. 

#40 Posted by roach (107 posts) -

Motion sensing will rule the gaming world. It will be against the law to make a game that doesn't include at least 14 pointless motion sensing gimmicks. Also like on TV in 12 years, the only genre the law will permit is 'reality game' much like reality TV, just that it's a game. If that's the future for gaming, I hope the world DOES end in 2012!

#41 Posted by Fuzz_Butt (122 posts) -

Consoles will become PC's.

#42 Posted by Evilsbane (4535 posts) -

Crysis will look like crap in 12 years everyone thought pong was amazing when it first came out same as early 3d same as HD now the next two jumps are going to be just stupidly awesome looking.

#43 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

I read in some magazine a few years ago that they were experimenting with the use of nano machines.  Something along the lines of buying a one time injection of these nano machines which are also hooked up wirelessly to some kind of network thing.  You just mentally turn them on and you are instantly immersed into a game.  Virtual reality style, kind of like the matrix?  I don't know what kind of time frame they put on it but nano technology is going to become pretty huge medically and such and if its safe to put these machines in your body(not saying it isn't creepy as fuck) then why not test out games that way. 

#44 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

12 YEARS time eh? It's weird that you posted this because I was going to do a 'what will vgames be like in 1000 years' thread

#45 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -
@nail1080 said:
" 12 YEARS time eh? It's weird that you posted this because I was going to do a 'what will vgames be like in 1000 years' thread "
Ever see that Bond movie where he has this virtual reality training simulator thing and all he has to do is put on a pair of glasses?  Like that.
#46 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -
@nail1080 said:
" 12 YEARS time eh? It's weird that you posted this because I was going to do a 'what will vgames be like in 1000 years' thread "
I would have done something like in 1000 years time, but people might have more interesting views on 12 years without massive jokes on 1000 years. Also, I won't live to be 1014...I think. Therefore I will never know whether we collectively were right.
#47 Posted by SammydesinasNL (840 posts) -

MW2 dedicated server support?
#48 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -

Sega will make one last attempt at the console war and succeed causing Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to develop third party titles for there system.

#49 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

11 years ago: 

Next Year: 

I can't even begin to imagine what the next 12 years will bring. 

Also: 12 years? 12 for the randomness?
#50 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -
@zudthespud said:
  Also: 12 years? 12 for the randomness? "

Haha ya I was wondering about that too actually.