What will happen to gaming in 12 years time?

• 77 results
m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By m1k3

i've actually been asking myself this since im going back to school to get into game design. i hope there will be more jobs in the future, than now when everyone is getting laid off.

fuzzyponken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By fuzzyponken

One thing is for certain: Nearly all PS3 and 360 games will look like shit to our eyes in 12 years, while Wii games will still look charming and cartoony. 

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

@CitizenKane said:
" All I hope for in the future of video games is that I will still enjoy playing them. "
lukeyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By lukeyk

Well pretty much its impossible to tell what will happen to anything, as anything could happen so really there is no real answer, someone will get it right no doubt but it will be impossible to tell whether they got it right and such and thus making them crazy. :)
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#55  Edited By sjschmidt93
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By dbz1995
@fwylo said:
" @zudthespud said:
  Also: 12 years? 12 for the randomness? "
 Haha ya I was wondering about that too actually. "
You know...2021.

You know a year a good year when its 2021. Its also mathematically interesting-20, 21.

1920 happened years ago.
ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57  Edited By ozzdog12
We will be gaming...If things like Natal are successful....then i think(somewhat sadly) that's were gaming is going to be at...
Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#58  Edited By Hector
@Killjoy said:
" Boob physics perfected with use of motion control. "
Awesome! hahaha!
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By iam3green

i can see the games being realistic. just think that now people think crysis is the best looking game but wait until 12 years. i would say that is what graphics are going to look like only 10 times better. all games are going to have some sort of motion controls. the new tony hawk game, it has a skateboard that is suppose to ride and do tricks.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By Shadow

I think it'll improve less and less each year until we have a situation like movies now where the technology doesn't really get better, but games will begin to be more creative with what they do, expanding on the medium.
CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Well i probably won't be playing games in 12 years time so i won't really mind or care. I have to think about getting married and having kids and all that shite. 

But to answer your question, i think the graphics will be absolutely incredible and so life like. I'd say Mario will die out though and kids will not know who he is.

Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Slippy

Motion control takes over -> everyone looks like idiots when playing games -> pussy gets lost in the process -> everyone dies lonely -> gaming gets cancelled.
Darzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Darzee

gaming computers will become obsolete in 12 years, cpu will take over all application processing (graphics, sound, physics). mother boards will probably take on a new space saving, heat dispersing shapes and be made out of diamond (no jokes). key boards will also be of no more use due to the advance voice recognizing technology that will be available or some kind of brain pulse reading device that you strap to your head reading your electrical impulses and translating them into symbols on the screen. monitors will be paper thin or thinner by then being able to display ridiculous resolutions. oh yeah consoles, probably be long and gone, with some type of tv adaption that downloads games, movies and tv shows straight to your home with no controller needed because of a camera that reads your movements. 

just my thoughts

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ryanwho

Is he asking for what's happening the year 2012 or 12 years from now? Surely public schools have fallen behind in arithmetic but he doesn't think they're one in the same, does he?

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#65  Edited By Wolverine

It will probably appeal much more the main stream and the casual which is fine with me because by then I will be about 30 and will probably be casual and main stream.
ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ThomasP

I would imagine they (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft) will have motion controls all figured out. Besides that, I have no idea. Maybe arcades will make a comeback.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By FluxWaveZ

We're all going to die in 2012, so gaming won't even exist.  Seriously, how about we wait and find out.

whitewolf2435

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By whitewolf2435

Gaming on a 3D TV!
( http://www.almostjapanese.com/sony-says-3d-tv-by-2010 )

But seriously, it will probably just end up looking like a movie. Photo realistic, I mean.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Synthballs

You will turn on your Nintendo ToiletHumourJoke,  you will pull out the latest Legend of Zelda. The opening clip must be using real people you think, but no, it is that graphically beautiful that the green little homosexual on your screen is flawless. You walk around a beautiful utopia breathing it all in, the most imersive  (That a real word? Firefox says no :S) locations you have ever played.

You then collect 3 different things, then 6 other different things, beat Ganon and realise that Nintendo is still shitting all over its fans and flogging off dead horses.

Ramyun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Ramyun

Virtual reality where our true nature is actually revealed and turns out we are in fact murdering psychopaths inside but those stupid old politicians wont be there to say "I told you so" because they will get a shotgun blast to the FACE!!!!!!!! You better believe it!!!!

h0lgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By h0lgr

PC gaming will be identical to console gaming. Console gaming will be higher definition.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#72  Edited By Hamst3r

In 12 years gaming will be completely dead. It's where the gaming industry is heading with all it's plastic crap, motion controllers and dumbing-down everything for the mass market. Violent video games will become far and few due to a new law requiring you to get a gun license to play them, the reason being, "A virtual gun is still a gun.".  The "core" gamers are going to give up and go do something else, possibly murder.

The sought-after soccer moms and grannies are going to get bored of the fad and the only people left playing will be 9 year olds who have been raised on really crap cellphone and iPod games. They're not even going to bother making single player games on the consoles anymore, it's all going to be multiplayer because it means they don't have to hire any writers or develop any characters. Bobby Kotick will get his way and boost game prices to $80. Nintendo will decide it simply can't compete anymore once the soccer moms give up gaming and will go to the retirement home with Sega. The future XBOX and Playstation consoles will be able to detect and deactivate any competing consoles within radius of their WiFi connections.

Microsoft will make a final push towards gaming dominance by locking down Windows to not allow games to be made on it without a license and the internet will become fully-controlled and policed, effectively killing indie gaming and modding. No developer that exists today will exist then, at least not making video games; say hello to id Accounting Software.

Everything will have a subscription fee. Everything will be digitally distributed to stop sharing of discs. Everything will be shit and no one will care. The future is going to totally suck.

Alright, maybe not in 12 years. :P

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#73  Edited By asurastrike
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" I edited out this post because I just woke up and didn't think enough about my reply. I am just saying I like the direction of the first crysis game. Big levels, lots of physics and almost photorealistic graphics. You probally don't know what I mean by saying bigger levels, I mean the recreation of real life scalewise. In real life everything has high resolution and perfect textures and rarely looks semi realistic. I'll show an example of what I like games to look like in 12 years time, I want every game to look like this. Anything less is unacceptable.

No Caption Provided
"
I don't want photo realistic graphics. Imagine playing God of War 3 and ripping off a persons head if it looked photo realistic. /Vomit
Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gave up, I thought Donkey Kong would be awesome on the N64 and in 3d..... I'm just done predicting the future.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Kohe321

gaming will be 12 times as awesome as now, and giantbomb.com will be the forced homepage of the entire connected world.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#76  Edited By trophyhunter

I want gameing to go in a cycle. where it reaches it's pinnacle then goes back to a like system snes then goes up to a new pinnacle.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By EvilTwin

Peter Molyneux will declare that technology has advanced far enough to the point that he can go back and make the prequels for the Fable trilogy.