#1 Posted by CharleyTony (924 posts) -

Im a current Xbox 360 and Nintendo DS owner ...

Im considering getting another game console/handheld, but I cant make up my mind

PS3, Wii, or PSP ??? all have their pros and cons,, Im really stuck on this one ... My B-day is coming up and I gotta make a decision...

I like my 360 but Im not a complete xbox fanboy but wont the PS3 have a whole lot or similar games with only a short supply of exclusive titles ??? (and Im not that interested in MGS4...)

#2 Posted by DarthMaul (803 posts) -

PSP

#3 Posted by logson (521 posts) -

Look at the exclusive games on each system. Which has the most that you want to play? Buy that one.

Are you sure you want to fork over the money for another system? You could be best off just buying some more games for the systems you own. Food for thought.

#4 Posted by DarthMaul (803 posts) -

That's why he should buy a PSP. . . or maybe a Wii.
Getting a PS3 would be pointless because the 360 beats it by a mile. If you want a total new library just get a PSP. It has great games. I'd recommend Jeanne d'Arc, Puzzle Quest, Ratchet and Clank Size Matters, Final Fantasy Tactics, and God of War Chains of Olympus.

#5 Posted by JoshA (56 posts) -

If I were in your situation, I would get a PSP because I want to play FF7 Crisis Core as well as Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep when it comes out. But, if you haven't played through games like Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, or Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, then you would be occupied for a good while playing some great games.

#6 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

PS3. It's "short supply of exclusive titles" are miles better then anything on the Wii or a handheld. Trust me, having both consoles is a dream.

I know only bad can come from this thread. A lot of PS3 bashing too. Look, DarthMaul has already began.

#7 Edited by Keano (466 posts) -

360 plays most hardcore games and the Wii is serves a party system.

Wii60 > ps360

#8 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -

I would get a Wii to go with my current 360

#9 Posted by DarthMaul (803 posts) -
samcotts said:
"PS3. It's "short supply of exclusive titles" are miles better then anything on the Wii or a handheld. Trust me, having both consoles is a dream.

I know only bad can come from this thread. A lot of PS3 bashing too. Look, DarthMaul has already began."
I'm not bashing the PS3... I'm just expressing my opinion. Right now, the PS3 just doesn't seem valuable to me. I'm a Sony fan, too.
#10 Posted by CharleyTony (924 posts) -

yeah ,, well PS3 does have a lot of exclusive titles but Im not that excited about them,, I truly wanted to get FF13 so I thought I needed one but thats not the case anymore.
to me Forza and GT5, while they are not the same game, they feel the same to me and I finished forza 2 and Im done with that ...
MGS4 isnt my cup of tea so it pretty much ends up being about resistance, killzone little big planet, god of war and bluray movies...

I got nothing against PS3, Im thining of getting one, and I had a PSone and a PS2 ...

#11 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

Get a Wii only because the 360 and PS3 are pretty much the same thing.

#12 Posted by xruntime (1920 posts) -

May I suggest upgrading your PC? It's a great investment, if you're open to it I recommend it.

Otherwise, I'd say get a PSP.

#13 Posted by Player1 (3897 posts) -

I have a wii, and its a nice compliment to my 360. Though I don't play it much and I kinda wish I got a ps3. 

But if you are looking for something new and exciting, pick the wii. Just remember that the novelty wares off pretty quickly. 
#14 Posted by dankempster (2263 posts) -

I can't recommend the PSP highly enough. It's a great handheld system with a lot of great games (DarthMaul listed some very good examples earlier in this thread). I've got a lot of enjoyment out of mine so far. Ultimately it's up to you. I'm not going to ram a biased opinion down your throat and tell you to buy a PSP. I'm just saying it's a great console that's worth a look if you're into the kinds of games available for it.

If I were in your shoes, I'd do some research into the catalogues for all three systems, and make my decision based on which system's library of games has the most to offer to me personally. I hope whatever decision you make brings you countless hours of enjoyment. That is the most important aspect of gaming, after all.

#15 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -

I am an Xbox 360 only owner right now(not due to any fanboyism,, but money constraints).  I might get a PS3 later this year when I get enough money.

#16 Posted by Dalai (7078 posts) -

I would go Wii... it's certainly more unique than the rest and it's a great party system.

Wii60 is probably the best combo in gaming this generation.

#17 Posted by Player1 (3897 posts) -
dankempster said:
"I can't recommend the PSP highly enough. It's a great handheld system with a lot of great games (DarthMaul listed some very good examples earlier in this thread). I've got a lot of enjoyment out of mine so far. Ultimately it's up to you. I'm not going to ram a biased opinion down your throat and tell you to buy a PSP. I'm just saying it's a great console that's worth a look if you're into the kinds of games available for it.

If I were in your shoes, I'd do some research into the catalogues for all three systems, and make my decision based on which system's library of games has the most to offer to me personally. I hope whatever decision you make brings you countless hours of enjoyment. That is the most important aspect of gaming, after all."
I agree. Do some research. Find out whats right for you. If your looking for sony exclusives, and you don't want to fork out over 600$ for a new console and games, then get a psp. If you have enough money, get a ps3. If you don't care about sony exclusives (most of the good games are on both systems anyways) then get a wii, to change things up. Wii's are great for parities too. Add that into consideration. 
#18 Posted by Relys (984 posts) -

A PS3 (LittleBigPlanet's going to be fucking awesome)! or upgrade your PC.

The Wii is doing shit as far as games go right now, and the only time I bring out my PSP is when I need to fap in the bathroom.

#19 Posted by Thordain (959 posts) -

I'd buy an Xbox360. Love to play around with that.

#20 Posted by fynne (303 posts) -

Wii is the most different of those choices, but they reaaaaally seem to want to cater to the casual market.  E3 was a total washout for the Wii unless you're a casual player.....and you don't sound like one.

PS3 does have some exclusive stuff coming out although a lot of devs are making cross platforms.  Little Big Planet is one I'm really eagerly waiting for.  Another consideration is that the PS3 has blue-ray while the 360 sounds like **** will freeze over before MS gives Sony any licencing fees.

Finally the PSP is way different than the DS in the type of games it has.  Plus it also doubles as a media device (movie/photo/music).  I use mine for that as much as I do for gaming.  If you're looking at the PSP, wait for the 3000 which has a much better screen.

Someone suggested that you spend the money on more games instead of a new system.  This is a VERY good suggestion as there's a whole truckload of big name releases coming out this year.

#21 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -

If it was me, I would get a PS3 (but I've always loved the Playstation consoles)

#22 Posted by AnTiPRO (93 posts) -

Personally if money was not an option I would go for a PS3. There are enough games that are exclusive to get it plus you have crazy shit like home.

If you're going for the mobile option the PSP is also a nice bet seeing as they just came out with the 3000.

#23 Edited by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

I have a 360, PS3, PSP, and gaming PC. I haven't had any interest in Nintendo games since I  was 12... about 16 years ago.

#24 Posted by momentarylogic (416 posts) -

I would stick with what you got.. unless you are going to have a party, the wii is fun (marginally).

#25 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

Like I said before, go for the Wii. If you have an open mind and are in no way an immature fanboy then you can find yourself a lot of good software for it. If classics are your thing, there's 250 Virtual Consoles games for North America, and WiiWare is sloooowly picking up good games.

#26 Posted by Jesus_Juice (251 posts) -

I had a 360 and then got a Wii and I wholly regret it. It just lays there and hasn't been played since I played brawl back in March. I regret buying my PSP too. I got it at launch because I bought into the hype and have been disappointed for a while now. The games are too much like console games, and since I don't travel, I would rather play their superior console equivalents. It's also too clunky and doesn't have a good media managing software, making it not as good of a music/video player as a Zune or ipod. And don't any of you dare call me a fanboy or accuse me of being biased against the PSP. I paid $250 for it, and I feel I deserve to be a bit pissed off if it doesn't quite live up to what it was supposed to be.

#27 Posted by MikeydCT (573 posts) -

I have a 360 and I want a Wii for 3 reasons.
1. I never played a Zelda game and would like to play all the Zelda I get get my hands on.
2. All the retro game that I never played.
3. Game cube games and Wii games.

#28 Posted by DanCarmichael (220 posts) -

If your going to get a wii it will probably have to be for:
Brawl, Galaxy, RE4, Mario Kart, Wii Sports, Metroid, and possibly paper mario.

You just have to know that's all you will be getting for a while until Nintendo decided to announce some decent games.

#29 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

I'd have to say Wii(own a 360)

#30 Edited by samcotts (2258 posts) -
CharleyTony said:
"yeah ,, well PS3 does have a lot of exclusive titles but Im not that excited about them,, I truly wanted to get FF13 so I thought I needed one but thats not the case anymore.
to me Forza and GT5, while they are not the same game, they feel the same to me and I finished forza 2 and Im done with that ...
MGS4 isnt my cup of tea so it pretty much ends up being about resistance, killzone little big planet, god of war and bluray movies...

I got nothing against PS3, Im thining of getting one, and I had a PSone and a PS2 ..."
The PSP has very few upcoming games for it. Sure it already has a few good games out already, but they do not compare to console games. The majority of PSP games are scaled down games, when you're better off just buying them for your 360/PS3. So really, do you think you'll have equal fun with the PSP exclusives compared to the PS3's?

And the Wii, well I haven't played mine in over 6 months. The fun of motion controls quickly disappears, and there are not many great games out for it. The Nintendo E3 conference speaks for itself. Do games like Wii Sports and Wii Music really appeal to you?

I own all the consoles we're talking about, and I can safely say that I play my PS3 and 360 a hell of a lot more then any of the others. Don't listen to anyone saying that there is almost no difference, because there most definitely is, my PS3 and 360 get played fairly equally, and offer a big enough difference to make owning both well worth it. Resistance 1 & 2, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, God of War 3 and many more exclusives, beat anything on the PSP and Wii.
#31 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Being a person who owns all 3 consoles, i'd say there really isn't a need for more than one console this generation unless you're a Wii owner first and foremost.

#32 Posted by BombermanKiIIer (258 posts) -

PSP is a great buy. Once you errm.."fix" it, it's a great portable to have. If you know what I mean.

#33 Posted by Manks (836 posts) -

PS3.  I really like some of the exclusive titles they have and are getting such as Metal Gear Solid 4, LittleBigPlanet, Killzone 2, Resistance, God of War 3, etc. PSN is free and the system looks very nice.   And don't forget about the Blu-ray player, web browser, and XMB.  I love that UI, it's so clean and sleek.  

#34 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

Well I have a PS3 and Wii which I bought solely because of my loyalty to nintendo, though It does have some steller games on it. If you are stuck then go for a PSP, or PS3 as having both larger consoles could be a bonus despite having trouble choosing which versions to buy of multi platform releases. I had that trouble last gen where I owned all systems.

#35 Posted by jlaudio7 (326 posts) -

depends. I strongly encourage you not to get a Wii, though. 3rd party support weak, and Nintendo needs to get their head out of their ass and start cranking out some hardcore games instead of this 'Wii *game*' bullshit.I can't really recommend a PSP either because I haven't played a lot of its games. If I were you, I'd get a PS3 because theres a lot of solid titles like LittleBigPlanet, MGS4, Killzone 2, Resistance, etc. 

#36 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -

Currently have: Xbox 360
Would get as a second console: Playstation 3
Reason why I don't own second console: Not enough cash.

#37 Edited by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

I have a Xbox 360 and want a PS3 as a second console.

#38 Posted by Warfare (1642 posts) -

I would get a PS3.

#39 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

I  would recommend the Wii. While the upcoming games might not interest you there are already a ton of games out which are great. I have yet to buy many awesome games. There are also games coming out like Warioland, Conduit, Fatal Frame and more!