• 85 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by xSuperGirl (20 posts) -

I personally would like to see birdlike mutants, more character customisation and more follower interaction.

What would you like to see or improved in a new Fallout game?

#2 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Not a first person shooter, I want an isometric game.

#3 Posted by believer258 (11638 posts) -

I want to obsidian do the writing and Bethesda design the world and I want to see it in Skyrim's engine.

#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@believer258 said:
I want to obsidian do the writing and Bethesda design the world and I want to see it in Skyrim's engine.
The engine part is more or less confirmed right? Why take a step backwards?  
 
Also I want to see rain in a fallout game. Maybe have a mode that when it rains you start to build up rads and have to take cover. 
#5 Edited by BaneFireLord (2911 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:

 Also I want to see rain in a fallout game. Maybe have a mode that when it rains you start to build up rads and have to take cover. 

There's a pretty good mod that does that for 3, if you didn't already know. 
 
I want the non-VATS combat to be worthwhile and I want it to look nicer overall. Fewer bugs goes without saying, but since it's Bethesda you know how that's going to end up. I also echo  @believer258 's sentiment about Obsidian, but that's pretty much an impossibility. Otherwise, I can't really think of anything else; don't fix what ain't broke.
#6 Posted by Marcsman (3120 posts) -

50% less glitches and bugs.

Online
#7 Posted by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

More colors!

#8 Posted by believer258 (11638 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@believer258 said:
I want to obsidian do the writing and Bethesda design the world and I want to see it in Skyrim's engine.
The engine part is more or less confirmed right? Why take a step backwards? Also I want to see rain in a fallout game. Maybe have a mode that when it rains you start to build up rads and have to take cover.

I'm pretty sure it is confirmed and it's one of the things I'm most anticipating to see from it. I mean, sure, FO3 and FONV have their decent looking parts but for the most part they don't really look all that great.

#9 Posted by Scrawnto (2434 posts) -

Redone animation system, weather effects, and I'd actually like some areas with returning vegetation. Maybe have it set in a new area, somewhere in Canada or the UK, perhaps where the nukes didn't land so heavily. Or Australia! Think of the crazy wildlife you could get there. Although, they would have to find a reason for FEV to have made it across the ocean to explain the mutations. That might be troublesome.

#10 Posted by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

Better combat.

Fallout is still fun, but the shooting in the 3D ones is not terribly attractive. I would prefer going into a 3rd person mode and full turn based, or allowing a more tight shooting setup and moving most of the RPG mechanics to be non-combat (actually - I think I would prefer the latter one). Maybe even demphasize combat further, and make it otherwise Quake like in actual engagements.

#11 Posted by Jimbo (9772 posts) -

China.

#12 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

@believer258: After what Bethesda did to Obsidian, I don't think there's much chance of them working together again anytime soon.

#13 Posted by DetectiveSpecial (464 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@believer258 said:
I want to obsidian do the writing and Bethesda design the world and I want to see it in Skyrim's engine.
The engine part is more or less confirmed right? Why take a step backwards? Also I want to see rain in a fallout game. Maybe have a mode that when it rains you start to build up rads and have to take cover.

I'm pretty sure it is confirmed and it's one of the things I'm most anticipating to see from it. I mean, sure, FO3 and FONV have their decent looking parts but for the most part they don't really look all that great.

Skyrim used the same engine, with different rendering. I want Fallout 4 to use IDTech. Please, please, please...........

#14 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

Maybe somewhere in China?

#15 Posted by Jackhole (360 posts) -
@DetectiveSpecial said:

@believer258 said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@believer258 said:
I want to obsidian do the writing and Bethesda design the world and I want to see it in Skyrim's engine.
The engine part is more or less confirmed right? Why take a step backwards? Also I want to see rain in a fallout game. Maybe have a mode that when it rains you start to build up rads and have to take cover.

I'm pretty sure it is confirmed and it's one of the things I'm most anticipating to see from it. I mean, sure, FO3 and FONV have their decent looking parts but for the most part they don't really look all that great.

Skyrim used the same engine, with different rendering. I want Fallout 4 to use IDTech. Please, please, please...........

Why stop at the engine? John Carmack's Fallout 4
#16 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3025 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

Maybe somewhere in China?

Hell yeah and as you're walking through the streets of Beijing all you see are the scattered pieces of iphones.

#17 Posted by YOU_DIED (702 posts) -

@believer258 said:

I want to obsidian do the writing and Bethesda design the world and I want to see it in Skyrim's engine.

This, THIS. Obsidian is miles ahead in the writing department while Bethesda is one of the best world-crafting studios in the industry.

#18 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

@I_Stay_Puft said:

@Phatmac said:

Maybe somewhere in China?

Hell yeah and as you're walking through the streets of Beijing all you see are the scattered pieces of iphones.

It's an alternate universe in the future so no.

#19 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7051 posts) -

I'd like to see a new engine with less glitches, and I'd like it set in another country. Maybe somewhere in the UK like London or somewhere in China. Shanghai maybe?

#20 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind said:

@believer258: After what Bethesda did to Obsidian, I don't think there's much chance of them working together again anytime soon.

they knew of the whole bonus situation before hand though? It's not like they sprung it on them all of the sudden.

and yeah what I want is good writing so if Bethesda's doing it I'll wait until it's like 10 or something.

#21 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Super mutants, radiation, head explosions, and being able to beat the final boss via a Speech check.

Everything else is just icing.

#22 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

Whatever it turns out to be I want co-op with 1 friend as an optional mode.

#23 Edited by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

anyone suggesting it take place outside of the US is kinda missing the entire thing of it being based on futuristic american 1950's society that got nuked. the entire style and vibe of fallout is entirely based on 1950's american culture, so moving it out of america makes NO SENSE. it'd stop being fallout at that point and be STALKER or "generic post-apocalyptic future game!"

followers, joinable factions (ala TES guilds), lots of freedom and exploration really.

oh and most importantly. be more subtle with the damn humor. fallout 1&2 were not stupid goofy games. yes they had plenty of humor but it was subtle. not huge wacky ghoul cults, scientist in jars and comic book characters fighting in the streets.....they played it straight 90% of the time. so alitlte more self control and restraint with the jokes and puns and stupid shit would be wonderful.

#24 Edited by Tennmuerti (8005 posts) -

Be less stupid. More like the old Fallouts or New Vegas.

None of that: Megaton, Little Lamplight, your dad, Chinese ghouls, Harold, and other countless examples of asinine retardation.

Which would require Bethesda to do it with a different writing and world design staff.

Obsidian needs to write Fallout.

#25 Posted by Irvandus (2826 posts) -

@SmilingPig said:

More colors!

#26 Posted by chilibean_3 (1622 posts) -

Quality Assurance/Quality Control

Online
#27 Posted by Aleryn (704 posts) -

More random encounters, less chattering with NPCs.

#28 Posted by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

Fun combat for a change, animations that don't look like they are done by first year animation students, and character models that are not made from the same thing nightmares are from.

#29 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

Lots of dirt and rocks.

#30 Posted by HistoryInRust (6274 posts) -

Whatever sick new bugs the game's code has.

#31 Posted by PenguinDust (12450 posts) -

More color variations. Fallout 3 looked 90% brown and gray. I know, I know it's post apocalypse but that didn't stop Thundarr the Barbarian from rainbowing it up.

#32 Posted by Video_Game_King (36013 posts) -

Old Fallout, only without all the old Fallout stuff.

#33 Posted by granderojo (1778 posts) -

A sequel to this game in the Engine of Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Strip out the conventional RPG leveling of the contemporary games but replace it with an item based persistent economy where you lose all your items when you die and water/food consumption is required. Hardcore mode has restrictions over saving. Perks still exist and are more prevalent, and offer drastically different variety in how to tackle each section of the game from survivability/combat/economy.

#34 Posted by AdzPearson (201 posts) -

I'd like to see more depth with regards to radiation and how it effects you (going on the old 'radiation gives you super powers!' way of thinking). They could do it in a similar vein to the way Skyrim handled shouts and other powers. That could be pretty fun. Of course, there'd need to be drawbacks.

#35 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -
@Hizang said:
Not a first person shooter, I want an isometric game.
I'd love me a return to the isometric Fallout days.
#36 Posted by FoolishChaos (431 posts) -

Something different from fallout 3 and NV. I love those games, but I feel like I've had enough of that type of game.

Wouldn't mind trying a more modern isometric take, seeing as I never really got into 1 or 2.

#37 Posted by GalacticGravy (544 posts) -

I'd like the speech and non-combat options to be more diverse. Generally, I try to play these games using as little combat as possible. First person stealth is always iffy and rarely works as well as 3rd person, so I'd like to see some other kind of option or a more robust stealth game. I prefer to find creative solutions to problems. Sometimes combat figures in to these solutions, but often it doesn't.

#38 Posted by JOURN3Y (230 posts) -

@Jackhole said:

@DetectiveSpecial said:

@believer258 said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@believer258 said:
I want to obsidian do the writing and Bethesda design the world and I want to see it in Skyrim's engine.
The engine part is more or less confirmed right? Why take a step backwards? Also I want to see rain in a fallout game. Maybe have a mode that when it rains you start to build up rads and have to take cover.

I'm pretty sure it is confirmed and it's one of the things I'm most anticipating to see from it. I mean, sure, FO3 and FONV have their decent looking parts but for the most part they don't really look all that great.

Skyrim used the same engine, with different rendering. I want Fallout 4 to use IDTech. Please, please, please...........

Why stop at the engine? John Carmack's Fallout 4

Did you mean to say Rage?

#39 Posted by Butano (1728 posts) -

Not sure where a good location for Fallout 4 would be. We've already covered DC, California, and Nevada. Maybe a super dense city like Chicago or NYC? Seattle could be interesting I think also.

Have Obsidian write it, let the id guys work with the shooting, give the Skyrim team the perks and stats system, and use the Creation engine.

@thabigred said:

A sequel to this game in the Engine of Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Strip out the conventional RPG leveling of the contemporary games but replace it with an item based persistent economy where you lose all your items when you die and water/food consumption is required. Hardcore mode has restrictions over saving. Perks still exist and are more prevalent, and offer drastically different variety in how to tackle each section of the game from survivability/combat/economy.

Clearly, have Bethesda give it to the XCOM team at Firaxis.

#40 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

I want Obsidian to write again.

It's their world. They made it in the first place. I don't want another "oh hey it's been 200 years and we're still scavenging for food and drinking out of toilets" from Bethesda.

But, I suppose, even if that IS what the future holds, I can just pretend Fallout 4 was never made, and the series ended at New Vegas. That's a good place to leave it off, I reckon. Every abandoned series always wanted just one more game... who am I to complain since we got it?

#41 Posted by BeachThunder (11701 posts) -

@KillyDarko said:

@Hizang said:
Not a first person shooter, I want an isometric game.
I'd love me a return to the isometric Fallout days.

This. Luckily we have Wasteland 2 :P

#42 Posted by upwarDBound (654 posts) -

Drivable vehicles.

#43 Posted by StingerMK2 (386 posts) -

a bit more variety in area design, i feel the original games really shined in this regard, something about 3/NV felt very samey after a while, but that might just be the art design in general. I remember some areas feeling really imposing and scary in fallout 1/2, and the characters you encountered felt much more unique. I'd love them to rebalance loot to be a little less gun heavy, so guns feel much more threatening and also have them improve non-combat options for missions

i feel FO3 really succeeded in its time, but it wont be enough to try and put that game out again, in all honesty im not sure Bethesda can really pull off Fallout 4 successfully, they are amazing at certain things in game design, but i don't think the things that made Fallout special are some of them, they got away with it for Fallout 3, but im so burned out on that style of game now (couldnt finish Skyrim or NV, may go back to NV eventually) i will more than likely buy FO4 regardless, but iv found Bethesda game design so predictable after oblivion/fo3 that this might be my last Bethesda game if they put out more of them same

Rockstar open world games, Firstperson-War-Shooters and all current Blizzard franchises are already done for me, and im not against adding Bethesda to the list

#44 Posted by commonoutlier (136 posts) -

I don't think they'd do this, but it'd be cool to see a different part of the world, like Russia (or I suppose it is still the USSR in the Fallout universe)...I really liked parts from Metro 2033, the environment and feel of the towns in the subways, and I wished that it was more open world, with people to talk to and interact with. So I sort of wish that Bethesda would get their hands on the Metro game and make it into Fallout's open world style, I guess. But I suppose since Metro 2033 already exists, they should go somewhere a bit more unique...as others have said, perhaps China would be an interesting location.

Their human 3D models could be improved upon...and more character depth would be nice, too (not that there weren't really interesting characters in their previous games, I just could always use more of it! Especially as xSuperGirl said, more follower interaction).

#45 Posted by granderojo (1778 posts) -

@Butano said:

Not sure where a good location for Fallout 4 would be. We've already covered DC, California, and Nevada. Maybe a super dense city like Chicago or NYC? Seattle could be interesting I think also.

Have Obsidian write it, let the id guys work with the shooting, give the Skyrim team the perks and stats system, and use the Creation engine.

@thabigred said:

A sequel to this game in the Engine of Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Strip out the conventional RPG leveling of the contemporary games but replace it with an item based persistent economy where you lose all your items when you die and water/food consumption is required. Hardcore mode has restrictions over saving. Perks still exist and are more prevalent, and offer drastically different variety in how to tackle each section of the game from survivability/combat/economy.

Clearly, have Bethesda give it to the XCOM team at Firaxis.

This would have to be real time though, not turn based. Key distinction.

#46 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@commonoutlier: if you want open world metro 2033, your best best is the stalker games. Not that the Ukrainian forests have much in common with urban Moscow and it's subway system but ya know, similar themes an all that.

#47 Posted by commonoutlier (136 posts) -

@Animasta: OOoo, that does sound quite intriguing, even if it's not in the same specific environment. Another friend had also recommended that game to me, although hadn't specifically given me a reason (that I can remember)...but now that I have one, I'll definitely have to get it the next time its on sale on Steam, thanks!

#48 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@commonoutlier: only get the first and third one (shadows of Chernobyl / Call of Pripyat), clear sky is kinda bunk. Metro 2033 actually was made by former stalker devs in fact.

#49 Posted by commonoutlier (136 posts) -

@Animasta: Thanks for the warning, I probably would have bought them all during the sale otherwise.

Hmmm, in that case I'll have to at least checkout the other games they've done, too.

#50 Posted by DetectiveSpecial (464 posts) -

@JOURN3Y said:

@Jackhole said:

@DetectiveSpecial said:

@believer258 said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@believer258 said:
I want to obsidian do the writing and Bethesda design the world and I want to see it in Skyrim's engine.
The engine part is more or less confirmed right? Why take a step backwards? Also I want to see rain in a fallout game. Maybe have a mode that when it rains you start to build up rads and have to take cover.

I'm pretty sure it is confirmed and it's one of the things I'm most anticipating to see from it. I mean, sure, FO3 and FONV have their decent looking parts but for the most part they don't really look all that great.

Skyrim used the same engine, with different rendering. I want Fallout 4 to use IDTech. Please, please, please...........

Why stop at the engine? John Carmack's Fallout 4

Did you mean to say Rage?

I meant to specify IDTech 5, I suppose. I'd like to see the next Fallout game be able to have both excellent visuals and a large, autonomous world, rather than compromising one for the other. I'd imagine that this will be up to the processing capabilities of the next generation of consoles, assuming Fallout 4 won't be out until then.