• 66 results
#1 Posted by lemon360 (1102 posts) -

thoughts?

#2 Posted by bwooduhs (1616 posts) -

Fuck yes.

#3 Posted by Expletive (1057 posts) -

which one ( I have only played 3)

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36110 posts) -

I'd wait until they do one I've beaten. (I don't want any possible spoilers or anything.)

#5 Posted by ShadowKiller (894 posts) -

I never even gave it any thought but yea.. they should definitely do that!

#6 Posted by mordukai (7141 posts) -

The should do an Morrowind endurance run. 

#7 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
" The should do an Morrowind endurance run.  "
Not in this day and age.
#8 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

I'd watch a Fallout 3 endurance run

#9 Posted by mordukai (7141 posts) -
@systech said:
" @Mordukai said:
Not in this day and age. "
so its ok for them to do a Persona 4 endurance run in this day and age but nor Morrowind? 
#10 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -

too new of a game for that.

unless were talking about 1 or 2, in which case no because 2 people sitting at a computer screen is maddening.

#11 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3702 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
" @systech said:
" @Mordukai said:
so its ok for them to do a Persona 4 endurance run in this day and age but nor Morrowind? 
"
Persona 4 just came out. PS2 games still stand up. Original Xbox games look like shit.
#12 Posted by Crixaliz (782 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
I like this idea
#13 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@JeffGoldblum said:
" @Mordukai said:
" @systech said:
" @Mordukai said:
"
Persona 4 just came out. PS2 games still stand up. Original Xbox games look like shit. "
It came out for PC too...
#14 Edited by mordukai (7141 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @JeffGoldblum said:
" @Mordukai said:
" @systech said:
" @Mordukai said:
"
Persona 4 just came out. PS2 games still stand up. Original Xbox games look like shit. "
It came out for PC too... "
Indeed. and you can also download mods for it too. 
#15 Posted by Themanohall (397 posts) -

I don't really think it would be a good idea. I love Fallout, but it's so open ended, people would get pissed off for them not doing certain sidequests or not doing the main questline fast enough. I mean, they're already fed up with complainers on this one, imagine if it was an open world game.

#16 Posted by buzz_clik (6932 posts) -

I'd certainly watch a Fallout ER, in any form.

#17 Posted by Hammerface (43 posts) -

I'm hoping the OP was talking about Fallout 1 or 2, and not about Fallout 3. While I love the first two Fallout games, they are too short for an endurance run. Someone who has completed that game before can complete it in 10 hours easily.

#18 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

Fallout is a bad idea, I think Fallout is becoming I dunno some thing like "The cool kids play Fallout 3" sorta thing. Like they only know Fallout from Fallout 3 and they think it's really cool when they really know nothing about it. It sort of..bugs me.

Morrowind also a bad idea. It's too big, the quests are hard to finish and follow.

I think they should do some really obscure game, like I'm sure half the people who watched the endurence run knew NOTHING about Persona 4 or the rest of the series.

#19 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

I still vote for Devil Summoner.

#20 Posted by ponyslayer (164 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @JeffGoldblum said:
" @Mordukai said:
" @systech said:
" @Mordukai said:
"
Indeed. and you can also download mods for it too.  "
persona4 is stylized somewhat, morrowind is tough to look at in this day and age, esp over a period of time
#21 Posted by jNerd (2011 posts) -

I don't know how cool that would be.... I know Fallout 3 like the back of my hand & I'm sure they're sick of playing it & Fallout 1 & 2 are too dated entertaining enough (or fun enough) to spend all that time on.

#22 Posted by Duffman (208 posts) -
@ponyslayer said:
" @Mordukai said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @JeffGoldblum said:
" @Mordukai said:
" @systech said:
" @Mordukai said:
"
persona4 is stylized somewhat, morrowind is tough to look at in this day and age, esp over a period of time "
Yeah, I borrowed Morrowind last year after playing Oblivion.  My friend said that I might be put off by the graphics, but I just thought that they couldn't be that bad.  But holy shit, I couldn't play it for more than an hour.  The graphics looked abysmal and the animations were very stiff.  Watching somebody play it, even Jeff and Vinny, is not something I would want to do.
#23 Posted by Demodocus (237 posts) -

That actually sounds like a great idea!  Though I don't think it would happen.  A western style RPG would be a nice change of pace after they finish Persona 4.

#24 Posted by Canberra (1065 posts) -

i hope that they put it to a vote.

#25 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

As someone else said, Jeff and Vinny probably know most of Fallout 3 (playing the other two just wouldn't work for an ER, length-wise) like the back of their hands and would likely find it that much more difficult to stick with...

I know I would.

#26 Posted by thecleric (793 posts) -

I say Arcanum, or maybe wait til Dragon Age comes out

#27 Posted by gamerover (36 posts) -
@End_Boss said:
" As someone else said, Jeff and Vinny probably know most of Fallout 3 (playing the other two just wouldn't work for an ER, length-wise) like the back of their hands and would likely find it that much more difficult to stick with...
If not for this, then it would be a great idea. Personally though, I like the style of the Persona 4 endurance run, so something similar would be a natural progression.
#28 Posted by E_rock (153 posts) -
@eckster said:
"Would rather see another Niche game that a lot of people haven't seen before. Maybe Demon's Souls, just throwing it out there. "

I'm not familiar with demon's souls but I agree with the niche game idea.  I played through fallout 3 minus the DLC 3 times last fall, don't get me wrong, its a great game, but I just don't think it has enough depth and substance to be worthy of an ER.
#29 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

No, it'd get boring, at least with this one there's different gameplay elements, I.e. fights are actually based on weaknesses and what not, the days of the weeks not spent in dungeons affects gameplay and outcome, Fallout is just an FPS at most.

#30 Posted by SamFo (1526 posts) -

i think they should do FFX-2 or maybe a kingdom hearts, KH2 would be funny as due to all the bizzare cutscenes and strange dialogue

#31 Posted by Themanohall (397 posts) -
@SamFo:

KH2 would be awesome, but I don't remember it being really long...
I could be wrong, though. I haven't played it since it came out.
#32 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -

They should do a Metal Gear Solid (Series) ER.

#33 Posted by bwooduhs (1616 posts) -

I don't think they would do Fallout 3 because most of the staff have already beaten it.

#34 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

its called an endurance run because it takes a long, long time to complete. so that wouldn't happen. plus, a lot of people have played the fallout games already, and i think the purpose is to have fun playing a really long, quirky, under-appreciated game.

#35 Posted by SamFo (1526 posts) -

Kingdom hearts is quite long, but not ridiculous. A Final Fantasy would be a great one.

#36 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -
Which one?

@thecleric said:
" I say Arcanum

Endurance Run would screech to a grinding halt in the Black Mountain Mines.
#37 Posted by Jeust (10487 posts) -
@JeffGoldblum:

Have you played any original xbox games?
#38 Edited by JeffGoldblum (3702 posts) -
@Jeust said:
" @JeffGoldblum: Have you played any original xbox games? "
Yes, I have. Why do you ask?
#39 Edited by Jeust (10487 posts) -

Because you said that the xbox games look like shit...

there quite a few that don't: Ninja Gaiden, Shemue II, Jet Set Radio Future...

#40 Posted by wealllikepie (756 posts) -

exactly when they first sat down to do an endurance run they called it that because they REALLY didn't like Perosna 4. That's what partially makes it hillarious; if they made 1 for Fallout 3, not only would it be very short, it would also be actually fun for the guys, so they wouldn't make as much fun of it. Perhaps they can start an endurance run of FF13 when it comes out?..

#41 Posted by lemon360 (1102 posts) -
@Hammerface: i ment any fallout game. f3, well plenty of people played that and they have too, so i guess id make more sence to do it for f1+2
#42 Posted by lemon360 (1102 posts) -
@Ineedaname said:
" No, it'd get boring, at least with this one there's different gameplay elements, I.e. fights are actually based on weaknesses and what not, the days of the weeks not spent in dungeons affects gameplay and outcome, Fallout is just an FPS at most. "

@Ineedaname: fallout 1 and 2 were definatly not FPS games
#43 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -

All for that shit.

#44 Posted by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -
@Ineedaname:

wtf are you talking about... That's got to be the most misinformed thing you've ever said. You couldnt play Fallout 3 as an FPS even if you tried, and the first two are complex CRPGs with tons of choices/outcomes, even 3 is a pretty complex RPG.

I don't think they'd make a good endurance run though (You guys are all assuming they even want to do this again, this strikes me as a one off occurence tbh, it's quite a commitment, especially with people complaining about the lack of other content) as they are very very difficult and if the guys havn't played before they are likely to die repeatedly and get bored/frustrated. Whereas if they are vets, they will ace the game it will be kinda boring. Plus a whole bunch of people are so ignorant as to now even know the originals exist, let alone want to watch the guys play them, and I honestly wouldnt want to watch them play 3.

Tactics doesnt count. Nor does Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.
#45 Posted by slinky6 (567 posts) -

people saying FF and KH and shit.   They don't seem to like those types of games.   That's why they enjoy P4 so much, it's something different from generic jap-fantasy, and stupid disney bullshit.   As for fallout.... meh...  somewhat fun to play not so much to watch.   Any quicklook for fallout dlc I haven't been able to watch all the way through.

#46 Posted by TheBigBopper (68 posts) -

i would say no cause endurance run should be used to show people new franchises or fictions and every1 knows fallout's world it would be kind of lazy

#47 Posted by mracoon (4961 posts) -

I think they should do something which isn't an RPG but I can see how that could be less interesting to watch.

#48 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

I'd rather see a Matrix Online endurance run.

#49 Edited by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@The_A_Drain said: I assumed the post was more relevant to Fallout 3, where I felt most decisions in that game were more surface stuff than anything. To elaborate then I don't think a point and click will work very well for an ER, .
@lemon360: See above

#50 Posted by Nasar7 (2610 posts) -
@Duffman:
" @ponyslayer said:
" @Mordukai said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @JeffGoldblum said:
" @Mordukai said:
" @systech said:
" @Mordukai said:
"
persona4 is stylized somewhat, morrowind is tough to look at in this day and age, esp over a period of time "
Yeah, I borrowed Morrowind last year after playing Oblivion.  My friend said that I might be put off by the graphics, but I just thought that they couldn't be that bad.  But holy shit, I couldn't play it for more than an hour.  The graphics looked abysmal and the animations were very stiff.  Watching somebody play it, even Jeff and Vinny, is not something I would want to do. "
I love Morrowind to death but I don't think Vinny/Jeff would enjoy it because its so unstructured. And most people would find it boring and/or wouldn't be able to look past the graphics.
As for Fallout: No way, Fallout 1/2 are terrible to watch and extremely dated. Fallout 3 would be boring because everyone's already played it. I honestly don't know what the next ER game should be. I agree that it should be fun, niche, and quirky. And it's hard to top Atlus games in that regard. I think Devil Summoner 2 looked great from the endurance look but there seemed to be a lot of hate for it. Then again, the same was true with P4 at the beginning of the ER.