What would you want on a Giant Bomb subscription service?

Seraphim2150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Seraphim2150

I know that theres a couple of threads debating about if you'd pay for a GB subscription, but what I want to know is what would you want on it?

Personally, I'm not bothered about any money off deals (I'm in the UK so we probably wouldn't get them) but what I would like is to be able to download all the original videos (quick looks, features and the endurance runs) so i could play them on my zune.

So anyone got any thoughts on this?

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Branthog

Enough genetic material sent in a hermetically sealed container so that I could clone Jeff.

Frankly, I understand their concern that anything they make subscription based should not be something that detracts from what non subscribers have, but it is a very fine line for some people to understand the difference between "we gave them one more thing" and "we gave you one less". So, I'd be just fine paying a couple bucks a month for a meaningless little "I supported this site" indication icon or user status or something.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I wouldn't want anything but the removal of ads, and perhaps a couple of small, insignificant, meaningless features (perhaps the option to have a username a different colour than the alignment colours, and/or something else just as pointless). Anything more than that would divide the userbase, which is a terrible thing.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By subject2change

Ability to download ALL videos in mov, avi in various sizes compared to the stream. No ads (which are minimal anyway), single line of text or so for a signature and I suppose a little icon or something acknowledging that I pay monthly.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jimbo

Just no ads, not that I'm bothered by them at the moment, skins, banners etc. don't bother me in the least. .  Basically anything I have to click through or sit through I would happily pay to avoid.  

Given the option, I would probably forego anything that marked me out as a subscriber.

phlegms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By phlegms

Candid bikini shot of all the staff.

Octavian1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Octavian1987

I want video bombcasts...$5 a month or whatever covers the bandwidth, they wouldn't actually have to do much 'extra work', it doesn't take anything away from people who don't pay, and it would be fucking AWESOME!

Oh, and of course no ads (which aren't bad anyway) maybe a free shirt or something after a set milestone, and little stuff like the ability to download and store videos or a recognition sticker on the forums.