1.persona 2
2.FFVIII
3.tales of symphonia 
4.legend of dragoon
5.alundra 2

i dont consider LoZ a rpg dont kno why

#2 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -
@MasterMind said:
" these dont have to have an order mine dont   1.persona 2 2.FFVIII 3.tales of symphonia  4.legend of dragoon 5.alundra 2  i dont consider LoZ a rpg dont kno why "
By "LoZ" I assume you mean Legend of Zelda. You know why you don't consider that an RPG? It's because it isn't.
#3 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@PureRok said:
" @MasterMind said:
" these dont have to have an order mine dont   1.persona 2 2.FFVIII 3.tales of symphonia  4.legend of dragoon 5.alundra 2  i dont consider LoZ a rpg dont kno why "
You know why you don't consider that an RPG? It's because it isn't. "
This.
#4 Edited by Verzzz (139 posts) -

1. Baldur's Gate II
2. Planescape: Torment
3. Fallout 2
4. Morrowind
5.  Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 

#5 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -
  1. Final Fantasy VI (III)
  2. Final FAntasy VII
  3. Super Mario RPG
  4. Suikoden 1 & 2
  5. Final Fantasy IV (II)
  6. Tales of Symphonia
 Then a bunch of others including Legend of Dragoon, Saga Frontier, Other Final Fantasys, Tales of Vesperia ect, ect...
#6 Posted by Chyro (353 posts) -

Hmm.  Tough choices.  I would probably go.

1. Fallout 2
2. Final Fantasy 6
3. Planescape Torment
4. Mass Effect
5. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

I have not gotten to play Dragon Age yet.  So that might make it up here and probably replace Mass Effect.

#7 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I'm not a big fan of RPGs, but I'll still give this a shot.
5. Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door
4. Pokemon Red/Blue
3. Paper Mario
2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
1. Fallout 3 (In the end, KOTOR could be my #1 choice here, but so far I've loved every minute of Fallout 3)

#8 Posted by MasterMind (125 posts) -
@PureRok said:
" @MasterMind said:
By "LoZ" I assume you mean Legend of Zelda. You know why you don't consider that an RPG? It's because it isn't. "
lots of people call this an RPG well where im from they do. and alundra 2 is similar game to it and its classified asRPG
#9 Posted by Siris (432 posts) -

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Chrono Trigger
3. Chrono Trigger
4. Chrono Trigger
5. Chrono Trigger

#10 Edited by PureRok (4235 posts) -
#11 Posted by MasterMind (125 posts) -
@Siris: that is a verry dope list thats my sixth game and i never even got to complete it
#12 Posted by Video_Game_King (34603 posts) -

In this order:

Panzer Dragoon Saga
Terranigma
Final Fantasy VI
Lufia 2
Dragon Quest IV

#13 Edited by Coombs (3449 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:

" I'm not a big fan of RPGs, but I'll still give this a shot. 5. Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door4. Pokemon Red/Blue3. Paper Mario2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic1. Fallout 3 (In the end, KOTOR could be my #1 choice here, but so far I've loved every minute of Fallout 3) "

I wouldnt really consider any of those RPGs Fallout 3 is a action RPG, so ok, but the others.......

I just really hate it how the term RPG is thrown on every damn game nowadays,
Just because your in control of a character doesnt mean its a role playing game,
If it did then EVERY game is a RPG
#14 Posted by MasterMind (125 posts) -
@Coombs: paper mario is a turnbased rpg.
#15 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -
@Coombs said:
" @TheGreatGuero said:
" I'm not a big fan of RPGs, but I'll still give this a shot. 5. Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door4. Pokemon Red/Blue3. Paper Mario2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic1. Fallout 3 (In the end, KOTOR could be my #1 choice here, but so far I've loved every minute of Fallout 3) "
I wouldnt really consider any of those RPGs Fallout 3 is a action RPG, so ok, but the others....... "
They are all RPGs.
#16 Posted by Ouroboros (344 posts) -

Xenogears. 

Followed by Final Fantasy VI 

Then Chrono Trigger. 

But Xenogears by a long long mile..

#17 Posted by JB16 (745 posts) -

1: Star Wars Knights of the old Republic 
2: Oblivion 
3: Persona 3
4: Dragon Age Origins 
5: Mass Effect
#18 Posted by Computerplayer1 (991 posts) -

1.) Morrowind
2.) Final Fantasy 7
3.) Persona 4
4.) Legend of Dragoon
5.) Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

#19 Posted by Manatassi (791 posts) -

1. Oblivion 
2. Fallout 3 
3. Mass Effect 
4. Dragon Age: Origins 
5. Morrowind 

I'm guessing Borderlands dosent quite count? That might bump Morrowind down.

#20 Edited by Coombs (3449 posts) -

IMO its not a true RPG unless you control a PARTY,
If its just one person you control its NOT A FUCKING RPG

Sorry, just my opinion.
Probably because I grew up on the classic RPGs

#21 Posted by MasterMind (125 posts) -
@Manatassi: borderlands counts u lvl u have a party and u get stronger weapons and their is a story. not traditional but still an rpg
#22 Posted by Manatassi (791 posts) -

If I throw the nostalgia Factor back in It would have to be. 

1. Chrono Trigger 
2. Seiken Densetsu 3 
3. Earthbound 
4. Final Fantasy VII 
5. Secret of Evermore 

I have gone off JRPG's allot the last few years

#23 Posted by Symphony (1913 posts) -

That's like asking me to pick my five favorite children. Not that I actually have kids or anything. But they're all special!

Though I'll be putting more into the college savings fund for Final Fantasy VI and Xenogears. *ahems*

#24 Posted by MasterMind (125 posts) -
@Symphony: lol nice
#25 Posted by Manatassi (791 posts) -
@Coombs said:
" IMO its not a true RPG unless you control a PARTY, If its just one person you control its NOT A FUCKING RPG  Sorry, just my opinion. Probably because I grew up on the classic RPGs "
Then what the hell are Oblivion, Morrowind, Fallout, Risen, Two Worlds....  etc etc
I can see a flaw in that reasoning lol 
#26 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@Coombs said:
" IMO its not a true RPG unless you control a PARTY, If its just one person you control its NOT A FUCKING RPG  Sorry, just my opinion. Probably because I grew up on the classic RPGs "
You control a party in all of those games, dude. In the Paper Mario games you do, in Knights of the Republic you do, in Fallout 3 you do during various points and could have a companion throughout most of the game if you choose. With Pokemon, I think the actual Pokemon you collect count as members of your party. All the games I listed are totally RPGs.
#27 Posted by Video_Game_King (34603 posts) -
@Symphony said:
Though I'll be putting more into the college savings fund for Final Fantasy VI and Xenogears. *ahems* "
Why? We all know FF6 is gonna go to a party school, anyway. Put more money in Panzer Dragoon Saga's fund. That kid's going places.
#28 Edited by Coombs (3449 posts) -
@Manatassi: 
Action RPGs

Which is why in my original post I said it was the only one I considered an RPG
...Kinda
#29 Posted by Symphony (1913 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" @Symphony said:
Though I'll be putting more into the college savings fund for Final Fantasy VI and Xenogears. *ahems* "
Why? We all know FF6 is gonna go to a party school, anyway. Put more money in Panzer Dragoon Saga's fund. That kid's going places. "
Sure FF6 might just squander that money, but it's naturally gifted so it may as well have a bit of fun before settling down with a good career.
#30 Posted by MasterMind (125 posts) -
@Coombs said:
persona 3. 
what about the tales series
or the star ocean series the parties have AI(not always good AI) u can give orders but they do what they want more or less
i think we sould give more RPGs more categories 
and puzzle quest is considered a puzzle RPG
lol sorry i like to play devils advocate
#31 Posted by Mikemcn (6875 posts) -

Ive only played a few. 

1. KOTOR (Favorite game of all time)
2. Mount and Blade 
3. Fallout 3 

Ok, ive only played 3 RPGs in my entire life..... well thats a bummer.
#32 Posted by Video_Game_King (34603 posts) -
@Symphony said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
" @Symphony said:
Why? We all know FF6 is gonna go to a party school, anyway. Put more money in Panzer Dragoon Saga's fund. That kid's going places. "
Sure FF6 might just squander that money, but it's naturally gifted so it may as well have a bit of fun before settling down with a good career. "
No, I think it's going to kill itself after realizing how bleak and depressing life is when The Joker goes to the Renaissance fair.
#33 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero: 
ok ok,
Like I said its just my opinion, 
MY definition of a TRUE RPG  

but like I said its probably because I gre up the the classic ones, before they stopped being fully turn based, abilities in a menu, 3-5 characters standing in a row style games.  Thats what I grew up on and thats what I think when I say RPG.
Not trying to get into a flame war, Just saying what i think.....
#34 Edited by Manatassi (791 posts) -

@Coombs:
Dude Action RPG's are still RPG's its in the name...  You could exclude all JRPG's for being a sub-genre if you wanted. 

RPG = Role Playing Game 

Not GTHAPII which = Game That Has A Party In It. 

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 had a party system and a levelling system :) It meets your criteria. Unless you are making Turn Based Combat another criteria... 

Picking lists apart for not including "Pure Blooded" RPG's in could get silly lol.

#35 Posted by Siris (432 posts) -
@Coombs: if you want to get that technical about it.. every game ever made is an RPG.
#36 Posted by Ossyaris (26 posts) -
@Siris said:
" 1. Chrono Trigger 2. Chrono Trigger 3. Chrono Trigger 4. Chrono Trigger 5. Chrono Trigger "
I love you
#37 Posted by MasterMind (125 posts) -
@Coombs: i understand where you come from i felt that way for the longest time untill u played alundra 2 and LoZ majoras mask
#38 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -

Ok you win,
All games are RPGs because you are playing the role of the character you control,
Because thats your point right?
any game can be included because your playing a role?

Then my favorite RPG is TEKKEN 3  I loved playing the role of Eddy in the story mode......

#39 Posted by SadisticApathy (28 posts) -

1. Persona 4
2. Mother 2 (Earthbound)
3. Final Fantasy VI
4. Fallout
5. Mass Effect

It's always hard for me to narrow down set in stone favorites as my opinion always changes, but I can say that these 5 will generally always place high on my favorite RPGs list despite time passed and games played.

#40 Posted by ADTR_ZERO (1060 posts) -

1. Pokemon Gold Version. 
2. Pokemon Gold version. 
3. Pokemon Gold Version. 
4. Pokemon Gold Version. 
5. Pokemon Gold Version.
#41 Posted by Ulquiorra (64 posts) -
@Siris said:
" 1. Chrono Trigger 2. Chrono Trigger 3. Chrono Trigger 4. Chrono Trigger 5. Chrono Trigger "
I concur.
#42 Edited by Aljosa15 (315 posts) -

1. Chrono Trigger 
2. Mother 3 
3. Final Fantasy VI 
4. The World Ends With You 
5. Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal

#43 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Very very tough.

Shadow Hearts, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy VI, Paper Mario.

That will change in fifteen minutes and then again in another fifteen minutes...

#44 Posted by Manatassi (791 posts) -
@Coombs said:
" Ok you win, All games are RPGs because you are playing the role of the character you control, Because thats your point right? any game can be included because your playing a role?  Then my favorite RPG is TEKKEN 3  I loved playing the role of Eddy in the story mode...... "
 lol Cool I won! 
#45 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Also, I hate people who refer to Zelda as an RPG. So very, very much.

#46 Posted by ryoma122 (699 posts) -

1:persona 3 
2: final fantasy 7 
3: starwars kotor 1
4: fall out 3
5: final fantasy 8

#47 Posted by Video_Game_King (34603 posts) -
@ADTR_ZERO said:
3. Pokemon Gold Version
How could you put THAT over Pokemon Gold Version!? You're such a PC fanboy!
#48 Edited by rjayb89 (7713 posts) -

Well, I can say that Chrono Trigger, Paper Mario and Final Fantasy VIII are up there.  Can't think of two other ones, though Chrono Trigger became a favorite of mine until just recently.  Oh, and Persona 4.

#49 Posted by cooger10 (61 posts) -

1. Final Fantasy X (10)
2. The Legend of Dragoon
3. Kingdom Hearts
4. The Elder Scrolls IV OBLIVION
5. Final Fantasy 7

#50 Posted by Aljosa15 (315 posts) -
@Barrock: Well, technically all games are RPGs since you're playing a role. :P