What's the best place to sell games for real money?

vinyl_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By vinyl_warrior

I've got a bunch of my older (16, 32, 64-bit and DC), classic games that I'm looking to clean out of my parents' place and turn into real money (not credit). 

Listing them all on ebay would be a pain in the ass (and doing them as a lot would be dumb), so i'm looking for somewhere else. I've got a thread up at CAG (same username over there if you want to search for it; I doubt it's cool to pimp my games here), but is there anywhere else that would be good to post them on?  

I live in a pretty small town, so there's no craigslist in my area, and I live in Canada, so Amazon is out. Stumped.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By StarFoxA

You could always try Craigslist.

Edit: didn't see the last part... sorry

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By FCKSNAP

Pawn shops (the good kind). Do they have Swap Meets in Canada?

HAMMERCLAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HAMMERCLAW

99 out of a 100 games as old as that, go for a couple of dollars each, state-side. Pawn shops won't touch them--no demand, and vintage game dealers will want to cherry-pick.  Lots of luck.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By RHCPfan24

I advise you to sell games to anyone you know personally first, then go to the other devices such as yard sales and possibly an ad in a paper next. However, with that, you will probably end up losing more money that gaining it.

Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Fbomb

Ebay. There's no easy way to do this, you need to bite the bullet and at least put in some work if you want to make money off your games. Making them available to a larger group of people via the internet is the only way you're going to make money on niche items, such as what you're attempting to sell. Ebay's your only option, sorry, because unless you get lucky with a yardsale, you don't have much hope of selling old games.

vinyl_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vinyl_warrior

Yeah, it seems like I'll have to employ some kind of mixed strategy, putting the games that are worth something up on ebay, the ones that are in demand on Goozex up on there, and then see what I can do about the rest. I guess I was hoping to avoid ebay because it seems like it has become such a cesspool. I didn't know if anyone would really still go there looking for things.

I know that it's probably only %1 of games that are worth anything more than a couple bucks, but the Saturn games like Panzer Dragoon Saga and Radiant Silvergun are going to be in that %1. The old Lunar PSX collector's editions have got to be worth something too. 

10 or so listings shouldn't be too bad, I suppose...

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By xyzygy

Friends who have never heard of the used games shelf at Gamestop or EB

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Druminator

I would try posting it locally maybe in the paper or the online classifieds for your area. It's possible you could get some decent money from some hardcore collector on eBay but you'd have to take that chance. If you have some kind of flea market or peddler's mall near by you might sell something there.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

For old games, it's probably better to blast the whole Internet through ebay to sell that junk. Does it come with the boxes & the manuals for each game?  Otherwise, it's worthless junk that would be better off guarding landfill.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By JamesF

It's better to just keep them and save yourself the struggle for 50 cents per game.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12  Edited By Suicrat

Wait a second? Real money? In Canada?!

Does your town run its economy entirely on Canadian Tire money? If so, I should consider moving there!