What's The Biggest "Fuck You" Moment in Media You've Experienced?

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

All types of media are filled with moments that just make the person viewing that media say "Fuck you" to the creators. I'm curious to know; What moments you've experienced when playing a game, watching a film, reading a book, or whatever, have made you so mad that you just want to give a big fuck you to all involved?

I'll start:

The ending of Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt. One of the biggest piss offs I've ever experienced. I've long since gotten over it and have accepted the fact there's probably not going to be a second season, but at the time I was totally pissed with Gainax.

Also, the death of Marston in Red Dead Redemption was a big 'fuck you' moment. I guess my reaction is a reflection at how well Rockstar developed that character.

Now you go.

EDIT: Sorry for the RDR spoiler. ):

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

How was te ending of RDR a fuck you? It made perfect sense, and made the ending fantastic.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Mass Eff-

ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CL60: I thought the ending was fantastic as well. It doesn't mean I can't get angry at it.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5  Edited By JasonR86

Season 2 of Twin Peaks.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By crithon

was Panty and Stocking ending that bad? Just wondering? Is Evengaleon level of weird ending?

Me, Kevin Smith's excuse as to why Jersey Girl was "it's not for you" comment to his fanbase but then finding out casual movie fans hated it regardless of his cheap excuse.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Dagbiker

LOST, FUCK THAT ENDING.

ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon: Panty and Stocking ended on a huge cliffhanger, with a tease at a second season at the end. That was two years ago however, and with the new box set being called "The Complete Series" I doubt they're going to continue it.

@Dagbiker: EDIT: YUP.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Neon Genesis Evangelion. No competition.

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JaredA

RDR Spoilers :(

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By crithon

@Skyfire543:

that's not that bad. Eva by Gianax was much much worse

jonano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jonano

When Ned Stark lost the head in Game of Thrones .I never read the books so I didn't see it coming ,I was like Sean Bean my man finally you got a role where you won't be killed off ,it's a tv series and you're like the main character and alot of peoples favourite no no way . When the time came ,I was like their not going to kill him off where's Batman save him ,some one save h...chop tudd FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I didn't mind the ending to Panty and Stocking because the whole show was stupid. Plus, it's Gainax.

I guess the only one that comes to mind is Mass Effect 3. The ending made my positive feelings towards the whole series sour.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By soldierg654342

@Skyfire543 said:

The ending of Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt. One of the biggest piss offs I've ever experienced. I've long since gotten over it and have accepted the fact there's probably not going to be a second season, but at the time I was totally pissed with Gainax.

That entire series was a big "fuck you." Shit bored me to tears.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I'll say the Mass Effect 3 ending and not just because its the obvious choice. I really do fucking hate that ending.

Thats too easy though so I'll give another. Fable 3. At the end it said I had 100 days left before the invasion and it had been dropping at a steady rate of 25-50 days each time so I thought I was good for a bit. Nope. I love you Peter Molyneux but fuck you!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Justin258

The Full Metal Alchemist movie that tied-up some of the loose ends of the anime. See, at the end of the anime, the main character is (because of a sacrifice he made) stuck in our world circa 1920. Remember, this main character is missing an arm and leg and they don't have perfectly functioning replacements in 1920. Anyway, the movie of course gets him back to his world - but he had to go back to the other side of the portal so he could properly close it. I can't think of any reason it had to be written this way - we could easily have assumed that closing one side would close the other. No, instead it just ends up with the same issue that I had with the ending of the TV show. He's stuck somewhere else. It drove me nuts when I first saw it and it's the only really big issue I have with the original FMA anime.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By hockeymask27

I watch wwe programming ever week so it usually changes once a week.

Totori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Totori

way of the samurai 4 is comeing to the US.....................as a PS3 download only.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By rachelepithet

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#20  Edited By Yummylee

The entirety of Resident Evil 5. Good Lord.

PulledaBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PulledaBrad

Inglorious Basterds

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

The Serenity movie. Yeah they probably weren't going to make anymore Firefly, but you just don't do that to two really important characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drive horrible movie watching Ryan Gosling making stupid faces never understood the love for that movie I fucking can't stand it.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By WickedCestus

@JasonR86 said:

Season 2 of Twin Peaks.

Awwww, I try to forget about that D:

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TentPole

@CL60 said:

How was te ending of RDR a fuck you? It made perfect sense, and made the ending fantastic.

Maybe it is a "fuck you" if you hate good stories with meaningful endings.

The worst for me was the post credit sequence in MGS4. As far as I am concerned...

Snake pulled the fucking trigger and the game ended right there.

EDIT: @PulledaBrad said:

Inglorious Basterds

@JEC03 said:

Drive horrible movie watching Ryan Gosling making stupid faces never understood the love for that movie I fucking can't stand it.

There are some shitty tastes in this thread.

PaulRevere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PaulRevere
@JasonR86

Season 2 of Twin Peaks.

This.
Schatzy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Schatzy23

Currently, the only one I could think of is Michael Bay taking the mutant out of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I fear for my childhood on what that movie could be. I can't really include the ME3 ending. While I was very confused and puzzled by it, I just feel BioWare had a amazing opportunity set up that they just dropped the ball massively with.

Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#28  Edited By Dookysharpgun

Mass Effect 3, just in general, the actual game, the ending, the events that took place following that, the hate, the bile from everywhere and a huge support being given to that fucking MP mode.

Inglorious Bastards; one of the most terrible executions of a great idea ever conceieved, thanks for that Tarantino...

The series finale of smallville; more dawson's creek than superman related, piss-poor execution, lack of any proper storyline consisency, the list goes on.

Fringe season 3's end; proving that JJ Abrams doesn't understand time-travel, how a paradox works, or how to write a great story without contriving the shit out of it to get another season or two out of the franchise.

The Witcher: just the general stagnation it became stuck at the third chapter, essentially ruining what should have been a fun experience.

Anything that pulls a 'you'll see that in DLC' ending on a player.

X-men 3's god awful cliched script and characterisation.

L.A. Noire's crap ending, mechanics and the fact that you can drown when submerged ankle-deep in water.

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By Bigheart711

LOST from season Three onward as well as Panty and Stocking's ending, but the former bothered me more.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30  Edited By recroulette

Going to second Metal Gear Solid 4's ending (post credits). Bro hugs and euthanasia motherfuckers! 

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@FluxWaveZ said:

I didn't mind the ending to Panty and Stocking because the whole show was stupid. Plus, it's Gainax.

this. I laughed myself into a coma at the end of that show. The whole show was retarded in the best way possible and the ending sure followed that tradition.

Anywho, my moment would have to be the ending to the first half of the 2011 Thundercats series and the ending to Tokyo Majin season 2.

Now, let me just say, I'm well aware Thundercats was made for children and preteens and all that shit, but that last episode for the first half of the season was just such bullshit as far as storytelling goes. "Let's have the lead female flirt with the lead male and hint at a romance between them, but then at the last moment let's reveal she's totally in love with this other character with the most bullshittiest flashback ever conceived." Like it's just plain ol' bad writing even for a cartoon aimed at younger viewers. On top of that though, not only do they hint at that particular moment being a huge turning point in the show, when the moment finally arrives, it gets treated as an "oh shit is about to go down" moment. Well, once again, the horrible writing comes bursting through thanks to the fact that that one moment is barely discussed and completely solved somehow in the span of only a few episodes.

The latter, Tokyo Majin, had equally bad, if not worse, writing across the board and that was not for children in any capacity. I've talked about this ending so much that I don't even feel like doing it again, but let me just say this is probably one of the worst endings to anything ever.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#32  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

Lag causing me to lose my Diablo 3 hardcore character while playing "single player."

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I can't seem to think of any, but any mention of RDR makes me sad that there was only three seasons of Deadwood :(

pw2566ch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By pw2566ch

@jonano said:

When Ned Stark lost the head in Game of Thrones .I never read the books so I didn't see it coming ,I was like Sean Bean my man finally you got a role where you won't be killed off ,it's a tv series and you're like the main character and alot of peoples favourite no no way . When the time came ,I was like their not going to kill him off where's Batman save him ,some one save h...chop tudd FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Then you're not going to like Season 2. And that's what George RR Martin does. He brings out a character that everyone loves an enjoys. Then later, he laughs in our face and kills that character.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By breadfan

Ghostbusters 2

ashleychittock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36  Edited By ashleychittock

The ending of the Breaking Bad episode "Half Measure". Think it's the penultimate ep of season three. Not a criticism of the episode, just that the ending was so goddamn amazing that I was angry and confused that it ended there on such a gigantic cliffhanger.

Luckily I started watching the show after it came out on DVD so I just queued up the next episode to continue, but I couldn't even begin to imagine how hype that would have been to watch live on TV.

Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37  Edited By Kierkegaard

Blast from the past: Prince of Persia Warrior Within has an awful bug where if you go back through a time portal at all you make the game glitch. Everything seems cool, until you get near the end and the time portal you have to go through is broken. Thought they would have fixed that for the PS3 download. They did not. Fuck you, game.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jazzycola

@Dookysharpgun said:

Fringe season 3's end; proving that JJ Abrams doesn't understand time-travel, how a paradox works, or how to write a great story without contriving the shit out of it to get another season or two out of the franchise.

Man come on...Time-travel at this point in time is merely imagination. It's all a person's interpretation. That's like saying You don't like a certain person's vision of heaven.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39  Edited By tourgen

@JasonR86 said:

Season 2 of Twin Peaks.

yeah. that's a pretty good pick.

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By drac96

The ending of Wanted (the comic).

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#41  Edited By biospank

srsly none of you guys have chossen Berserk the anime. that ending is so fucked up that after watching it you only are thinking damm, how can such a sadistic person even live?  And why are there not a season2? 
I would not say I am pissed at mass effect3 even if the ending really sucks because of only color change. But I would say that the 9th episode of game of thrones is the biggest fuck you in a long time, kinda like carnivale was a fuck you when hbo said fuck this series.  

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#42  Edited By retrovirus

...Mass Effect 3 ending...

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#43  Edited By egg

End of Evangelion

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jay444111

I hold up hope that a Panty and Stocking season 2 will come out one day... if Beavis and Butthead can come back, if Toonami can come back, and if Family could comeback from cancelation TWICE... then anything is possible. ANYTHING!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-63e39f84edec3
deactivated-63e39f84edec3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna sound cliche but...Mass Effect 3's ending

Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#46  Edited By Dookysharpgun

@Jazzycola said:

@Dookysharpgun said:

Man come on...Time-travel at this point in time is merely imagination. It's all a person's interpretation. That's like saying You don't like a certain person's vision of heaven.

...no, it's not anything like that. When Eureka dedicated a two part episode to time travel and a paradox, it was explained in such a manner that made it both believable and entertaining. Abrams' idea was to use the concept to extend the series, slowing it down because he realised it had built to much momentum, he based his entire ending idea off of a single person, the only person capable of leading the events to said ending, disappearing from reality. In truth, it's logic that was missed out on here: something can't happen if the catalyst didn't exist in the first place, which is what Abrams' writing seemed to have alluded to. It's more than he doesn't understand logic, or how time itself works, it wouldn't matter if he was breaking new ground coming up with something new, he could do what he wanted then, but this was a huge 'fuck you' to anyone who was really enjoying the series and character progression, to see the entire show take a nose-dive all because of a writer's inability to keep a steady pace. It was used as a retcon to the series, and not even a well thought out one.

It's not like it's hard to grasp, plenty of sci-fi writers, long before Abrams, carried out the concept in a more believable way than Fringe did...and moreso to the point, why is this even an argument, it's a freaking TV show, I watch TV to escape reality, furthermore, if many other books, movies and shows can carry out the concept, why can't another show? Back to the Future had better methods of explaining time travel than this, and while not entirely accurate, it still made it believable. Who cares if it's imagination? If used piss-poorly to cover poor choices in storytelling pace, it's still shit, and leans more towards a poor writer and producer than anything else. Interpretation only goes so far, but it's widely held as a belief throughout sci-fi, the genre fringe is based in, that time travel/manipulation can't work the way Abrams has set it up to. I mean, interpretation is grand, but this isn't interpretation we're talking about here, it's how it was used: as a method of extending the lifespan of a series, gutting the pace and the characters in order to drag it out and contrive it. It wasn't believable, so much so that I think he went back on the plot-point in the fourth season, proving my final point that ties into the first two, that it was used without appropriate understanding of the concept, and only for extension purposes.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47  Edited By Aegon

Either Ned Stark dying or the Red Wedding.

Wait a minute, I didn't read the OP so I'd like to say that this didn't make me angry at the author. They were great twists.

ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jay444111: I really hope so! I really enjoyed that show. I wanna see more. XD

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ending of Half-Life2.

I mean, what the fuck was that shit? Really?

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

The end to Battlestar Galactica.

The last season as a whole was nowhere near as good as the previous 3, but the last episode was just a slap in the face to those of us that had watched every episode prior. Everything from the way they find Earth, the resolution of the whole Starbuck mystery, and of course the out of left field Luddite movement. Even though all these things were downright atrocious, the biggest reason I say "Fuck You" to the creators is the overall message the ending conveys. In a series that had been about characters working through their issues and solving their problems themselves in what seems to be a fairly grounded science fiction setting, they ending basically says, "Hey, don't worry man, GOD will take care of everything. If things look grim, an undead fighter pilot will sing a Bob Dylan song 150,000 years before it was written and fix everything." I just hate the notion put forth at the end that nothing mattered, and everything was predetermined to work out because the "one true god" had everything planned out.

Now, I am not a religious person, but I have no problem with people who are. Where I do have a problem is when a work of fiction purports religion to be fact. This show flat out says that there is "one true god", and that god was responsible for everything that happened over the course of the show. If they left the religious elements up for interpretation like they did earlier in the series, that would be one thing, but to say "in our universe, people who believe one way are correct, and everyone else is wrong" is just terrible writing and storytelling.