What's The Biggest "Fuck You" Moment in Media You've Experienced?

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By mylifeforAiur

@H2Oyea said:

Either Ned Stark dying or the Red Wedding.

Wait a minute, I didn't read the OP so I'd like to say that this didn't make me angry at the author. They were great twists.

The Red Wedding was like one powerful, wintry slap in the face. Great stuff.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Cloudenvy

Anything Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By Gabriel

@Breadfan said:

Ghostbusters 2
crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By crithon

hmmm, I'm sensng a pattern, TV shows generally worse.... surprised no one said Stephen King endings to his books, 25 years later "It's" ending still confuses me.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Jazzycola

@Dookysharpgun said:

@Jazzycola said:

@Dookysharpgun said:

Fringe season 3's end; proving that JJ Abrams doesn't understand time-travel, how a paradox works, or how to write a great story without contriving the shit out of it to get another season or two out of the franchise.

Man come on...Time-travel at this point in time is merely imagination. It's all a person's interpretation. That's like saying You don't like a certain person's vision of heaven.

...no, it's not anything like that. When Eureka dedicated a two part episode to time travel and a paradox,

why is this even an argument, it's a freaking TV show, I watch TV to escape reality

I edited your post to essentially answer your own questions. The first sentence just proved my point. Using another person's idea of time-travel as proof that this is the way it's supposed to be. And the second sentence is really the answer to you and this thread.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By AngelN7

The gaming comunity? each time something they don't like for some reason (valid or not) they open their big whiny and collective mouth I can't help but feel disgust in the way they express their concerns , I now this isn't media related but I've never feel like that towards any game/movie/book narrative conclusion or plot development.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#57  Edited By willin

WCW Nitro. 1998 - 2001. Horrible, all of it.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By sickVisionz

The first 30 or so minutes of 2001 A Space Odyssey and the last 5 or so minutes.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59  Edited By viking_funeral

Whenever people defend corporations like they owe them something.

Goof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Goof

At the end of Avatar when the giant robot pulls out a knife.

A robot wielding a knife? Really? You can't just like, attach that shit onto his forearm? He's a goddamn robot.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61  Edited By crusader8463

Dragon Age 2. Everything about it was so god dam bad. It was the video game equivalent of being kicked in the testies and slapped in the face. And not the good kind that you a dominatrix for. The bad kind.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By ajamafalous
@Hockeymask27 said:

I watch wwe programming ever week so it usually changes once a week.

Hah
xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#63  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

@Yummylee said:

The entirety of Resident Evil 5. Good Lord.

<3

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Jay444111

@Cloudenvy said:

Anything Neon Genesis Evangelion.

How IS this series? I know it has a mindfuck of all mindfuck endings from whatever I hear... but how is it? Give it a go?

Edit: Dissapointing? Anything modern by James Patterson... the guy seemed to have talent... until he outsourced it to a team of writers to write 50 books a year and use his name to rake in profits. (NOT JOKING)

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By devilzrule27

The ending of The Sopranos was horse shit.

Goof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Goof

@devilzrule27: I remember my entire family gathered to watch it, and we actually thought our cable went out. I ran to the phone and called my cousin to see if his went out as well. Total bullshit.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By devilzrule27

@Goof said:

@devilzrule27: I remember my entire family gathered to watch it, and we actually thought our cable went out. I ran to the phone and called my cousin to see if his went out as well. Total bullshit.

Yeah it was awful. Made me feel like I wasted my time watching the series. I'm still angry over it.

Jayesslee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Jayesslee

@crusader8463 said:

Dragon Age 2. Everything about it was so god dam bad. It was the video game equivalent of being kicked in the testies and slapped in the face. And not the good kind that you a dominatrix for. The bad kind.

This.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#69  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@Jay444111: I like Evangelion and I still think both of its endings are giant middle fingers to the audience. The choice one has is between a confusing non-ending (the TV series), or a profoundly disturbing conclusion in which everyone dies and your mind is horribly raped (End of Evangelion). Should you watch it? I can't really answer that. I like it because of how totally batshit it gets at some point, but if you can't stand characters with serious emotional and psychological issues acting super neurotically, then no. Don't watch it. Ironically, the Rebuild movies alleviate that issue somewhat (whilst also dialing up the batshit, at least as far as the ending to the second movie is concerned), but they will make exactly zero sense if you haven't seen the series itself, since they tend to skimp on some of the details and supporting characters.

Besides that, the ending to Dragon Age II is pretty much the end of a long string of your choices being marginalized to nothing more than intent, as the plot will always go out of its way to make sure the thing that the writers wanted to happen will happen. Even as an apologist for that game, man. MAN is that ending hard to swallow.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#70  Edited By willin

@Goof: Fuck you. That's the best part of the movie.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#71  Edited By JasonR86

@Goof said:

At the end of Avatar when the giant robot pulls out a knife.

A robot wielding a knife? Really? You can't just like, attach that shit onto his forearm? He's a goddamn robot.

How about just every moment in Avatar.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#72  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

The ending of High Tension, which was just total fucking bullshit.

The ending of Signs, which is bullshit, and also really strange and unbelievable.

Both of those movies I really enjoyed up until the endings. Those were really the only two times recently that something so small can derail an entire movie for me.

Also, what the fuck is Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt? It sounds really stupid.

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Wraith1

End of Evangelion

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By butano

Heroes. After that writers strike, everything about the show went downhill, and I saw every last episode til its death. The series finale just made me want to punch every single person involved with that show in their babymakers.

Mastercheesey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#75  Edited By Mastercheesey

When I saw this trailer in a movie theater. Jesus.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#76  Edited By Wemibelle

I remember the ending of Halo 2 making me pretty angry. Just when things are getting exciting, the game is over.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JasonR86 said:

Season 2 of Twin Peaks.

I don't know...season 2 was pretty solid up to the point where Leland died. Also, season 2 contains, in my opinion, the best episode of the series. But yeah, everything after Leland's death isn't very good and seems pretty aimless.

StrawHatLaw13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By StrawHatLaw13

@jonano: I never read the books either and while it really made me sad, I half expected it. Poor Sean Bean. I guess he's just that good playing those doomed roles. I think there's a website or something dedicated to "saving him" or something like that.

OT: Biggest fuck you moment was when they killed Captain America. An even bigger one was when they brought him back. I haven't caught up on DC comics or comics in general, but I know they have the new 52 and if Barry Allen comes back, that's the biggest Fuck You they can give imo.

Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Draxyle

I say this way too often, but the NPC in the camp of DA:O that advertises DLC to you. I still get furious about that every time I think about it. The makers of the fantastically artistic Baldur's Gate, shoehorning self-advertising into the middle of their new fantasy franchise? It'd be like Frodo popping open a can of Diet Pepsi while scaling Mount Doom; there is absolutely no excuse for that (there was that one FF9-themed Coca-Cola commercial, but at least that's only auxiliary to the game at hand).

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By fattony12000

@sickVisionz said:

The first 30 or so minutes of 2001 A Space Odyssey and the last 5 or so minutes.

It's off to the noose with you.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#81  Edited By Little_Socrates

Metal Gear Solid IV's epilogue and post-credits epilogue. 'cause fuck.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By iam3green

halo 3 ending. master chief is on the thing and freezes himself and says wake me when i'm needed. the thing was that bungie said that it would be the last halo game. i thought they meant like no more halo games. it ended up meaning no more of them making halo games. there are a bunch that just released.

bonafide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By bonafide

The end of Half Life 2: Episode 2 was throwing up all kind of middle fingers at me.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By tebbit

@JasonR86 said:

Season 2 of Twin Peaks.

YEP.

Maybe a third season would have resolved everything. Then again, maybe not. The movie somehow made everything worse.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Jimbo

Not just the ME3 ending, but more specifically the message about buying DLC right after the ending. It was so misjudged that I actually found myself wondering for a moment if the whole thing was some elaborate troll. I'd agree with RDR. Flipped it from a tale of redemption to a tale of revenge 99% of the way into the game, because they can't help themselves.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By freakin9

Dark Souls.

PIck a spot, I dunno, but after having a jolly good bit of fun with Demon's Souls... Dark Souls broke me. I'm a proud man and that doesn't come easy for me to say, yes I finished it, but fuck you Dark Souls.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@Skyfire543: instead of just apologizing for the RDR spoiler, why don't you spoil tag it now?

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By MistaSparkle

When Jenny Cross lost to that punk-ass bitch in Worst Cooks in America.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#89  Edited By JoeyRavn

The third book in the Dexter series, Dexter in the Dark. The first two books, awesome. The third one introduces supernatural elements to the story. Yeah. It takes away every realistic explanation of why Dexter is like he is. AFAIK, Jeff Lindsay, the author of the series, has completely ignored the third one in subsequent novels. The show went downhill in the second season, if you ask me. The whole season utterly missed the essence of the character. So, yeah. Fuck Dexter.

@drac96 said:

The ending of Wanted (the comic).

Yeah, this too. But then again, it's Mark Millar. What the fuck can you expect out of Mark Millar? He loves shock value, but don't ask anything else from him.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By freakin9

I remember one of the last books I read, it got me to pretty much say "fuck books". It was clear the author was a huge comic book fan as it was a story about this really great detective... who just happened to enjoy comic books. But it wasn't that simple, we're talking deep discussions about every aspect of comic books, the detective would go to a comic store and talk to the comic book owner at length about plot lines, how to care for comics, probably even talked about the paper the comics were made on at some point. It was like the author was next to me and I was smelling his awful odor.

robot4me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By robot4me

when that shitty actor David Arquette won the wcw heavyweight belt. I was a grown man when this happened and felt like my intelligence was insulted for being a wrestling fan.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By penguindust

Alien 3. As I've said before, I will never forgive them for killing off Newt and Hicks like that.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By PixelPrinny

The ending of FFXIII-2 is probably the most recent one I can think of.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Anund
RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#95  Edited By RedRoach

@Dagbiker said:

LOST, FUCK THAT ENDING.

fuck that whole last season.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Nilazz

The last boss in FFIX.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#97  Edited By Tylea002

@Dookysharpgun: Mass Effect 3, Doctor Who Season 5, Parts of The Wire season 5, and yes, the end of Fringe season 3 and parts of Inglourious Basterds.

I'm really surprised there isn't more backlash at the end of Fringe season 3, it took one of the most interesting parallel universe setups throughout the season, brought the cliffhanger to a fucking fantastic point, and then in one swift move, lasting less than ten seconds, destroyed all of that potential and the backstories of every major character. Fuck the rules of time travel, you don't just change the backstories of all your characters; this means that the characters we are now watching *are not the same*. It has made me rather angry. Fuck You, whoever made that decision.

@TentPole: @PulledaBrad: On the Inglourious Basterds front, it's easy to see why. The beginning scene was fantastic and tense, the Basterds themselves quite cool, but then the film simply becomes Tarantino's excuse to talk about 1940s cinema and it becomes so unbelievably boring whenever it does that, yet it clearly thinks it's an amazing masterpiece. And when the character ends on such lines, it's easy to see why a fuck you is earned.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Vextroid

When you play as Raiden in MGS2. But he wasn't a terrible character so it only stung for a short while..

Also the ending of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Yeah it's a kid show but c'mon!

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killzone 2's last bossfight was the purest and biggest pile of bullshit I have experienced in gaming, particularly on higher difficulty levels. Fuck your endlessly spawning rpg-troops that virtually one-shots the player KZ2, seriously. Also, fuck you for making my npc buddy retarded and suicide prone

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#100  Edited By JTB123

Ninja Gaiden 3 springs to mind, all of it.