What's The Biggest "Fuck You" Moment in Media You've Experienced?

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#101  Edited By Fallen189

Everything ever

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By TwoLines

@Vextroid said:

When you play as Raiden in MGS2. But he wasn't a terrible character so it only stung for a short while..

Also the ending of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Yeah it's a kid show but c'mon!

Ending of Avatar:TLA was fantastic. One of the best endings to a series I have ever seen.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By Azteck

Whenever bigoted religious people talk about homosexual people like they have an illness on TV or in some other media, I always want to punch them in the face and shout "Fuck you" at them. Does that count?

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

@CL60 said:

How was the ending of RDR a fuck you? It made perfect sense, and made the ending fantastic.

This statement is true.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#105  Edited By Zleunamme

Reaching the conclusion of the 2008 Prince of Persia. If I wanted to play the true ending, I would have to pay ten dollars to download the epilogue. Screw you Ubisoft, I refuse to do that.

The Wayans Brothers not getting a series finally. I liked watching that show when it use to be on the WB network--now it known as the CW. For a while, I thought the show was on hiatus. Then it got abruptly cancelled without a final episode. Damn you, television, damn you.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#106  Edited By Humanity

@Dagbiker said:

LOST, FUCK THAT ENDING.

agreed - a whole season with weekly promos of "Next week all your questions will be answered!" with subsequently no answers and more plot contrivances.

Fuck that ending, Lost started being bad the moment they stepped away from the scientific approach of the Hatch and weird experiments and started going into the direction of spiritualism and ghosts.

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Panpipe

Generally whenever a Coen brother's film ends.

I love them, but the endings to No Country for Old Men, A Simple Man and Burn After Reading all annoyed me so much.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By Ghostiet

Mass Effect 3.

Also, Homestuck SEVERAL times. Hussie's love for trolling fans sometimes backfires.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By CptBedlam

@CL60 said:

How was te ending of RDR a fuck you? It made perfect sense, and made the ending fantastic.
DAAANNNN69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#110  Edited By DAAANNNN69

The Magneto/Xorn retcon off the back of Grant Morrisons New X-Men run. Not only was it a big fuck you to the readers, it was a massive fuck you to Grant Morrison who'd just spent like the last 40 issues or so setting that up.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By frankfartmouth

Nothing in media has angered me more than George Lucas' horrific reediting of the original Star Wars Trilogy. Putting in Hayden Christensen at the end of Return of the Jedi in place of the original actor was vomit-inducing.

tescovee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By tescovee

Every time the riaa or mpaa say pirates are killing "us"... HEY RIAA FUCK YOU!

KillerPidgeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By KillerPidgeon

The ending of Mafia II. People seem to give that game some schtick but I thought it was fantastic...then that ending. Thinking about it now just makes me want to Khan!

That ending is only rivaled by Mass Effect 3, I'd heard before I finished the ending sucked, I didn't let the naysayers get me down, got to it and didn't want to play any video games for the rest of the day plus that spineless DLC prompt at the end. GAH!

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By mikey87144

@Vextroid: The mind bending shit was lazy. All the other Avatars straight up said kill the guy but no... mind bending.

@Asrahn: Yea that sucked.

@AlexanderSheen: People keep recommending that anime to those new to the genre and I've always maintained that it is not worth seeing cause of the ending. Fuck that anime.

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By tmthomsen

@JasonR86 said:

Season 2 of Twin Peaks.

Why did you have to remind me?

Fuck you.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#116  Edited By JoeyRavn

@DAAANNNN69 said:

The Magneto/Xorn retcon off the back of Grant Morrisons New X-Men run. Not only was it a big fuck you to the readers, it was a massive fuck you to Grant Morrison who'd just spent like the last 40 issues or so setting that up.

In the same vein, any massive company-wide retcon-reboot in the comic book industry. Granted, the very nature of said move is to get a clean slate, but fans will always get annoyed at them. For example. While I, for the most part, really like the new DC Universe of The New 52, I can't help buy wonder why authors like Tony Daniel or even Grant Morrison were allowed to start developing their lenghty and complex story arcs if they were going to be wiped out of existence in a few months. Wouldn't it have been better to tell them to write some self-contained stories that could be moved around the canon without much hassle?

But, yeah. Comic books. I love them, but they can get me on my nerves some times.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#117  Edited By yukoasho

Let's see.... There was the ending to the original Evangelion. That's a classic. The "end" of the original Bubblegum Crisis turned out to be that as well, as fuck-all got resolved. Sad what happened there. Gaming, you can go with any litany of NES games that I toughed out only to get a "THE END" screen. I actually beat Karnov back in the day. Yes, I was a sad, pathetic little girl with way too much time on her hands. Most recently, Killzone 3 had a bit of the fuck you in its ending, wrapping up pretty much nothing and making Killzone 4 obvious.

@iam3green said:

halo 3 ending. master chief is on the thing and freezes himself and says wake me when i'm needed. the thing was that bungie said that it would be the last halo game. i thought they meant like no more halo games. it ended up meaning no more of them making halo games. there are a bunch that just released.

Funny you should say that, as Bungie released two Halo games after 3 (ODST and Reach).

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Jay444111: Bad to mediocre most of the time. Then they run out of money near the end and then it becomes shit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

COD for dumbing down and ruining the FPS genre.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By geirr

John De Lancie.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#121  Edited By nightriff

Dragon Age 2 easily for me, every Guitar Hero game after 3, no effort was put into those games.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jazzycola said:

@Dookysharpgun said:

Fringe season 3's end; proving that JJ Abrams doesn't understand time-travel, how a paradox works, or how to write a great story without contriving the shit out of it to get another season or two out of the franchise.

Man come on...Time-travel at this point in time is merely imagination. It's all a person's interpretation. That's like saying You don't like a certain person's vision of heaven.

Also, Abrams has almost nothing to do with the show. He creates a show, comes up with characters and a basic framework, and then lets other writers flesh it out. The last epsiode he got a writer credit for was Season 2 episode 1.

vonFlampanker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By vonFlampanker

I'm going to go with the ending to Frank Darabont's adaptation of "The Mist." Great little horror movie but that ending is a low blow for both the characters and the audience.

SpartanAmbrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By SpartanAmbrose

You are 100% wrong about Red Dead Redemption. That is easily one of the greatest endings to a video game ever.

The last 5 minutes of Mass Effect 3 take the cake for me. I didn't think I could get so angry at a game until I saw that. Still pisses me off to this day.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By SeanFoster

@I_Stay_Puft said:

The Serenity movie. Yeah they probably weren't going to make anymore Firefly, but you just don't do that to two really important characters.

If you don't think some of the characters would've eventually died on the TV series, you're not very familiar with Joss Whedon.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#127  Edited By AssInAss

Movies:

My Chemical Romance playing after Watchmen ended. I've never felt such a "FUCK YOU" to a movie after having seen it and leaving the cinema. That shitty song still in my head. The movie was a big disappointment, but that just was more insult to injury.

Also, this in comics:

No Caption Provided
Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Ramone

Lori's characterisation in Season 2 of the Walking Dead, fuck that shit.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#129  Edited By Tylea002

@AssInAss: Ain't nothing wrong with that MCR song, it's a fine cover of Desolation Row. Out of the film and the song, I would say the song is the better adaptation.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Ramone

@JTB123 said:

Ninja Gaiden 3 springs to mind, all of it.

I thought you might say that.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#131  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I have to say I agree with the ending of RDR. Hated it. Killing off a likable character? Why would anyone like that? But the real f you moment is that the game then forces you to play as his annoying-ass son.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#132  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

@Totori said:

way of the samurai 4 is comeing to the US.....................as a PS3 download only.

Holy shit, really? This is the best news I've heard all goddamn year.

Edit: Not the PS3 download only part, clearly. That sucks. I was under the impression, however, that we just wouldn't get it at all, so I consider this a good thing.

UncleClassy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By UncleClassy
@AlexanderSheen said:

Neon Genesis Evangelion. No competition.

Congratulations!
veiasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By veiasma

@Skyfire543 said:

The ending of Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt. One of the biggest piss offs I've ever experienced. I've long since gotten over it and have accepted the fact there's probably not going to be a second season, but at the time I was totally pissed with Gainax.

I thought that was the perfect way to end it. Random end for a ridiculous series.

No company has been better at pissing me off than Bioware. The massive fuck you that was Dragon Age 2, the complete destruction of Mass Effect as a series, and SW: TOR being an MMO.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#135  Edited By MocBucket62

The Last Airbender Movie. I never watched any Avatar TV show episodes before the movie, but my friends love the show and were hyping the movie to my brother and I. After we saw it on the Fourth of July, I wanted to launch fireworks into M. Night Shyamalan's house so badly. 

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#136  Edited By Justin258

@biospank said:

srsly none of you guys have chossen Berserk the anime. that ending is so fucked up that after watching it you only are thinking damm, how can such a sadistic person even live? And why are there not a season2?

I don't know if anyone has posted this but

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By TheFreeMan
@YukoAsho said:

Most recently, Killzone 3 had a bit of the fuck you in its ending, wrapping up pretty much nothing and making Killzone 4 obvious.

Hahahah I forgot about this, what a dumb ending. KZ3 was the first in the series that I really bothered to play and I enjoyed it and then it just ends, like, with a ten second cutscene, like it's an arcade game or something. 

Also, this reminds me of the "ending" of Rage. Man, that was anticlimatic.
PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By PatchMaster

Imma go with Twin Peaks since I just finished it the other day. The loose ends the cancellation left are killer.

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By biospank
@believer258: yeah I saw the first arc yesterday and there are still 2 more to go, either way it been such damm long time since there was supossed to be a season2. Kinda why I said Berserk because that is the biggest fuck you ever made. Not only does Griffith rapeCasca in hell but also Guts getting his hands eaten, and  it ends right there and then.  You have to be a madman to think that is a good ending, Full Metal Alchemist ain got shit on that and, yes I am a fan of full metal because of that reason. It has a good ending compared to the first anime I watched which was Berserk.
AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@UncleClassy said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

Congratulations!

I hate you. Omedetou!

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Cloudenvy

@AlexanderSheen said:

@UncleClassy said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

Congratulations!

I hate you. Omedetou!

*grumblegrumblegrumble*

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Cloudenvy said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@UncleClassy said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

Congratulations!

I hate you. Omedetou!

*grumblegrumblegrumble*

You liked that? Me neither...

Erk_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Erk_Forever

Sirius dies

Lavitz dies

Johnson dies

L dies

Spike Dies

every character I deem my favorite character is inevitably killed.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#144  Edited By trace

I hate to be this guy, especially after this topic's been left to run for almost a day, but it does violate our rule on profanity in thread titles. For that reason, I'm going to lock it down for the time being, and delete it in the near future.

I've contacted Skyfire and given him a heads-up, so if he wants to restart this thread with a less profane title, he can do so. There's nothing else wrong with this thread, so that seems acceptable.

Sorry, folks!