• 135 results
#1 Posted by ztiworoh (731 posts) -

My first memories of playing a game are probably the original Mario/Duckhunt NES cartridge at my uncle's house or Centipede on the Atari 2600 that my grandmother had in the late 80s.

#2 Posted by Drazat (168 posts) -

I remember playing pong at home also i remember spaceinvaders in the arcade ahh happy memories.

#3 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

Super Mario World with my big sister. I remember at age 3 figuring out how to get to the secret level beneath the long-bridge level by flying under the end-goal :)

#4 Posted by Astras (973 posts) -

@ztiworoh said:

My first memories of playing a game are probably the original Mario/Duckhunt NES cartridge at my uncle's house or Centipede on the Atari 2600 that my grandmother had in the late 80s.

Played both of those, Centipede on the 2600 was my first console game.

Weetabix vs the Titches on the Acorn Electron was apparently my first ever game, according to my brother.

#5 Posted by LetsRockBaby (241 posts) -

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. I was 4 at the time and the game really freaked me out.

#6 Posted by Slaker117 (4842 posts) -

I have several early memories of playing video games, but I can't sort out which one came first.

#7 Posted by Drazat (168 posts) -

Dam i feel old.

#8 Posted by McMatt (4 posts) -

Besides having a Super Nintendo, like most 20 somethings here, i can recall going to the my childhood friends and playing "duckhunt/mario". After that the best memory i have was "zombies ate my neighbors" later in life, but alas those be my video game genesis.

#9 Posted by bartok (2480 posts) -
@Drazat: Want to feel younger?  I remember sitting on my mom's lap and playing Dig Dug on her Atari 2600 with the cool wood paneling when I was 4 or 5. 
#10 Posted by sirdesmond (1240 posts) -

My first gaming memory is from when I was around 4-5 years old and the game was Super Mario Bros. for NES.

#11 Posted by spazmaster666 (1967 posts) -

Battlezone on Windows 3.1. My early gaming memories were all PC since I didn't own a console until the PS2.

#12 Posted by jetsetwillie (857 posts) -

Empire Strikes Backs on the Atari 2600, the side scrolling one where you shoot at At-At's. man the 2600 sucked

#13 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4798 posts) -

Earliest gaming memory was either Contra or Double Dragon III. I remember those were the only two Nintendo games I had for a long while.

#14 Posted by Zombaholic (54 posts) -

When I was a young lad crawling out of the primordial ooze, I remember myself enjoying Galaga a lot. Course it was the only real GOOD arcade game at the local Laundry mat/Pizzaria.

#15 Posted by afjkidd5 (97 posts) -

I think the first game I ever played was Excitebike on the NES at age 3 or 4.

#16 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

Something on the NES.

#17 Posted by ajamafalous (11993 posts) -

Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt combo.

#18 Posted by Hector (3364 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt combo.

Same here.

#19 Posted by hinderk (685 posts) -

Super Mario World

#20 Posted by MEATBALL (3238 posts) -

Yup, Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt are probably my first memories of playing videogames, Excitebike and Galaga also jump out at me.

#21 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3051 posts) -

Super Mario 64 or maybe Mario Kart 64.
#22 Posted by amir90 (2156 posts) -

Mario on the NES.

#23 Posted by Levius (1131 posts) -

Either Sonic 2 or Psycho Pinball for the Mega Drive

#24 Posted by el_tajij (711 posts) -

Stryker's run for a BBC Acorn computer.

#25 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

Alley Cat or some other weird PC game, I remember one where you played as a.. graphical element of some sort and you had to trap or kill different letters, it was pretty much Rodent's Revenge.

#26 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

Dr Mario on my dad's NES

#27 Posted by TekZero (2672 posts) -

Either Baseball for the Intellivison or The Smurfs for the Calecovision.

We had both systems and I can't really tell which memory happened first.

#28 Posted by Astras (973 posts) -

@el_tajij said:

Stryker's run for a BBC Acorn computer.

I have that! But on the Acorn Electron.

#29 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

original donkey kong where you play as mario.

i was super young and hospitalized with some respiratory disease (i fully recovered), but i was in there for like a month, spent a week or two inside a bubble thing. after that i hung out in this room for sick kids to play in, and there was a donkey kong arcade machine in there, i hogged that shit all day lol

#30 Posted by TheHT (11245 posts) -

Bit of a blur, but Asteroids seems right. Could be Pong though.

#31 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Super Mario World.

#32 Posted by Stete (736 posts) -

Galaxian on the BBC, I must have been 3 or 4.

#33 Posted by thisguyrich (88 posts) -

pokemon yellow.

#34 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

Wolfenstein 3D at my Aunts house in the summer of 1998, when I was 7 years old hah.

#35 Posted by Fizzy (384 posts) -

My first game was probably Super Mario Bros. for the NES at my grandparents house (Grandparents are awesome!).

#36 Posted by qazmoto (6 posts) -

Super Mario World

#37 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -
#38 Posted by fugie7 (1109 posts) -

The first game I remember playing was Super Mario/ Duck Hunt game.

#39 Edited by Maystack (906 posts) -

I can faintly remember playing Zombies ate my neighbours, probably on the SNES, but all I actually can remember is the character select screen.

#40 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

Super Mario Bros on the NES

#41 Edited by Fizzy (384 posts) -

@Maystack said:

I can faintly remember playing Zombies ate my neighbours, probably on the SNES, but all I actually can remember is the character select screen.

I LOVED that game when I was around 8 I think. All I can remember from it was one instance where I ran into a house to open a closet or something haha.

#42 Edited by Franstone (1120 posts) -

Probably Zaxxon for Colecovision.

Or something else from that era, can't remember, I was young and that was a long time ago.

Was my older brother's system.

That's where the obsession started though.

: )

#43 Edited by cornwalliz (214 posts) -

I played this before Mario Bros / duck hunt...It was the cover that convinced to play it first

#44 Posted by Butano (1738 posts) -

Either the Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt combo, or Super Mario Bros. 3.

#45 Posted by Marz (5651 posts) -

Matterhorn, since the Atari 800 xl was my first real game console \ computer and we had this game.

#46 Posted by jonano (365 posts) -

the first game I played i think was Golden Axe on the mega drive man good times

#47 Posted by jozzy (2042 posts) -
#48 Posted by sonicrift (298 posts) -

My first memory of playing video games is Super Mario Bros. Apparently we played Duck Hunt first though. It was Christmas of I think 1989. I know I really wanted a Nintendo, though, so I must have played it somewhere first.I just can't remember.

#49 Posted by Olqavtoras (222 posts) -

Mega Man 3. Still my favorite game of all time.

#50 Posted by Ryman (31 posts) -

I remember my brother getting a Sega Master System II as a present one year with Alex Kidd in Miracle World built in. In the end though I was the one who took to playing it.

Still have that bloody music stuck in my head......until I got a Super Nintendo with Starfox (or rather Starwing as they called it in the UK) for my 8th birthday ^_^