What's The Most Angriest Fanbase You've Ever Seen?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

(It can be from a video game or something else. Where you seen fans really get pissed over something)

For me the most pissed off fanbase I seen was from a video game called Socom 4. The developers zipper received nothing but hatred after that game was released. Alot of people was pissed because they felt like the game was for the more casual gamer. Everything they liked about the original socom games wasn't in socom 4. In socom 4 you couldn't be as tactical, pistols was removed, the game was more linear, and alot of the features from the previous socom games was gone.

People raged on the forums and made hate vids towards zipper. Calling zipper abunch of sell-outs and corporate assholes. They felt like socom 4 went in the direction for the call of duty fanbase. After socom 4 was released zipper lost alot of respect from there fanbase.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nightriff

Nick Diaz fanbase. They are the biggest assholes you will ever communicate with. Super delusional about "their guy" and very very easy to piss them off.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Probably Zelda fans after Jeff's 8.8 review of Twilight Princess. I mean, people were livid, some going so far as to track down his parents' phonenumber and harrass them and shit if I remember correctly. Plus all the hate and vitriol, yikes. What cracks me up the most is that in hindsight everybody has agreed with him. What a shameful display that was.

What started as justified anger and disappointment from Mass Effect fans after the "fuck you" that ME3's ending was, it quickly spiraled out of control. Don't get me wrong I ansolutely hate it and it was the last straw in my goodwill towards Bioware, but some people went overboard man. I saw more outrage over that shit ending than the genocide in Darfur.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Cincaid

Oh dear, a lot of franchises have extremely "passionate" fans. Here are some that somehow always stick out to me:

• Hideo Kojima fans. If you even dare to question his amazing excellence you're guaranteed to be in for a complete flame-fest.
  • Zelda fans. People still talk about Jeff's Twilight Princess review, and how he dared to only give it an 8.8. Not to mention the complete meltdown when Tom Mc Shea gave Skyward Sword a 7.5.
  • Final Fantasy fans. It was amazingly fun to see all the Youtube videos of angry fans because SE was going to release FFXIII on the X360 along with the PS3 version. How dare they?! Not to mention the endless debates on how much FFVII sucks/rocks.

There are a lot more, obviously, but these never fail to entertain!

(Edit to show I don't hate fans of Japanese games, which wasn't my intention)

• Mass Effect fans. Oh boy. Threatening the lives of Bioware employees? Check. Suing Bioware? Check. Harassing and stalking one of the writers (who didn't even work on ME3)? Check. The list goes on.
Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Canteu

@falserelic: When using the adverb "Most", you don't need to add the superlative "est". Use one or the other, but in this case, use the "est".

To contribute: Probably all the kids who play call of duty. They so angry and racist.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm beginning to feel like I could be justified in saying the Bioware fanbase and their anger towards EA and Bioware for Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 - I don't agree with them, but holy shit what crazy times there have been because of that.

Also more importantly, almost any western-based fanbase for a Japanese video game franchise (be it Final Fantasy, Zelda, Metal Gear or any other pretty much...).

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By impartialgecko

I don't think I'd call out any specific fanbase. They're all pretty caustic nowadays. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't on the internet, the fact it's now so easy to be exposed to all the rage.
If I had to call out any particular group it would probably be the same as @TeflonBilly. People went way over the top with ME3. Once a fanbase crosses that line between being angry and thinking they have a right to treat another human being like shit then they loose any kind of credibility they might otherwise have deserved, especially in ME3's case.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8  Edited By impartialgecko
@Cincaid said:

Oh dear, a lot of franchises have extremely "passionate" fans. Here are some that somehow always stick out to me:

• Hideo Kojima fans. If you even dare to question his amazing excellence you're guaranteed to be in for a complete flame-fest.
  • Zelda fans. People still talk about Jeff's Twilight Princess review, and how he dared to only give it an 8.8. Not to mention the complete meltdown when Tom Mc Shea gave Skyward Sword a 7.5.
  • Final Fantasy fans. It was amazingly fun to see all the Youtube videos of angry fans because SE was going to release FFXIII on the X360 along with the PS3 version. How dare they?! Not to mention the endless debates on how much FFVII sucks/rocks.

There are a lot more, obviously, but these never fail to entertain!

Strange how all the franchises you mention are decades-old Japanese franchises that are in need of either a coup de gras or new ideas.
amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By amir90

I remember when Devil May Cry 4 was coming for the 360, there was actually a petition for it, AGAINST IT!

Some PS3 fans have been really angry, more so than the Nintendo and 360 fans.

Most have been already mentioned.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By falserelic

@Canteu said:

@falserelic: When using the adverb "Most", you don't need to add the superlative "est". Use one or the other, but in this case, use the "est".

To contribute: Probably all the kids who play call of duty. They so angry and racist.

I'll keep that in mind.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bell_End

how about when Valve showed a trailer for L4D2 a little too soon for the weird Valve 'fans'. toys were thrown out of the pram that day for sure and boycots and death thread soon followed.

ha.. 'fans'

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By falserelic

@amir90 said:

I remember when Devil May Cry 4 was coming for the 360, there was actually a petition for it, AGAINST IT!

I was abit angry how DMC4 turnout. I felt like the game had potential.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bell_End

@falserelic said:

@amir90 said:

i got so angry i crushed a grape.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By falserelic

@Bell_End said:

@falserelic said:

@amir90 said:

i got so angry i crushed a grape.

I got so angry I literally threw the game case at the wall.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#15  Edited By alistercat

That's a double superlative. Use either most angry or angriest. I just wanted to point it out since I learnt what it means. :p

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Heltom92

The Valve fan base comes to mind, I don't go to the steam forums often but it always seems like they complain about fucking everything.

Like when we were waiting for the steam sale people were getting really angry at Valve when it didn't start on the day they expected it to.

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By ProfessorK

First that comes to mind is the ME fanbase. I mean holy shit, was the amount of abuse hurled at EA/Bioware massive and uncalled for. Everyone's entitled to an opinion but fuck, threatening the lives of people who worked on a game you didn't like is kinda over the top.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#18  Edited By bibamatt

The Giant Bomb fanbase. Try criticizing the site's content/the bombcast and get destroyed by fanboys.

...HALF joking.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By VierasTalo

Christopher Nolan-fans.

Oh wait, games? The more hardcore Nintendo-folk are pretty awful. Aforementioned Zelda-stuff and all.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fallen189

All of them, ever

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Petiew
@bibamatt said:

The Giant Bomb fanbase. Try criticizing the site's content/the bombcast and get destroyed by fanboys.

...HALF joking.

This.
amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By amir90

@falserelic: I liked DMC4 :)

I liked how Nero played, better than Dante, lol flame wall on!

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By zeforgotten

The Wapanese

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By falserelic

@bibamatt said:

...HALF joking.

LOL!

betterboulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By betterboulder

Online Competitive Shooter fans. I have no issues with the games themselves but alot of the fans can be rude, crude, and spend alot of their time arguing over K/D ratios. Sites like "Not in the kitchen anymore" and "Fat, Ugly, or Slutty" just highlight some of the worst human beings who play those games. Not saying it's everyone but it is a healthy majority of 'em.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By falserelic

@amir90 said:

For me I found DMC 4 to be disappointing. I felt like Nero was abit emo and needed more variety to his moves. They didn't have to add more weapons but it would have been cool to have more powers. The story could have been better in my opinion, it would have been cool if Vergil was possessing Nero after he adsorb Vergil sword. But what really pissed me off was how repetitive the game got half way in. Everything you done with Nero you have to repeat as Dante.

Going through the same areas fighting the same bosses and enemies got annoying. But that's just my opinion.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bell_End

@falserelic said:

@amir90 said:

For me I found DMC 4 to be disappointing. I felt like Nero was abit emo and needed more variety to his moves. They didn't have to add more weapons but it would have been cool to have more powers. The story could have been better in my opinion, it would have been cool if Vergil was possessing Nero after he adsorb Vergil sword. But what really pissed me off was how repetitive the game got half way in. Everything you done with Nero you have to repeat as Dante.

Going through the same areas fighting the same bosses and enemies got annoying. But that's just my opinion.

an opinion that resulted in a smashed DVD case.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#28  Edited By GunstarRed

@amir90 said:

Yeah, me too. As soon as I got to the Dante part I really missed the revving up and the grappling hook arm thing. I would have liked that game more if you only played as Nero.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By falserelic

@Bell_End said:

@falserelic said:

@amir90 said:

an opinion that resulted in a smashed DVD case.

Only alittle piece of the case came off, but I was still able to trade it in.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Apple Fanboys can be scary. 

Blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Blunt

NeoGAF.

Believe.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By ajamafalous
@bibamatt said:

...HALF joking.

Yepppppppppppppppp 

As far as games, probably anything Nintendo (Zelda) or Final Fantasy.
MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By MocBucket62
@Nightriff said:

Nick Diaz fanbase. They are the biggest assholes you will ever communicate with. Super delusional about "their guy" and very very easy to piss them off.

Hehe just like Nick Diaz himself. But keep in mind for MMA fanbases, Shogun fans can get very sensitive.

As for games, I've seen plenty of anger from the Final Fantasy and Bioware fanbases lately. Yeah both franchises' developers have made some mistakes lately but calm the F down! Bioware fans especially need to calm down considering that they still got a great game this year in Mass Effect 3!
Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

BioWare fanbase has been unreasonable and histrionic since Neverwinter Nights. KOTOR was them betraying their fans, Jade Empire was them betraying their fans, Mass Effect was them betraying their fans, Mass Effect 2 was them betraying their fans, Dragon Age 2 was them betraying their fans, Mass Effect 3 was them betraying their fans. The only game that wasn't a betrayal was Dragon Age Origins, but then they announced it would come out on consoles and then they betrayed their fans.

BioWare has to have gained new fans, betrayed them and gained new fans again at least 4 times over by now. Ironically, it's actually the best business plan, as evidenced by Nintendo.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#35  Edited By Video_Game_King

@AlisterCat said:

That's a double superlative. Use either most angry or angriest. I just wanted to point it out since I learnt what it means. :p

......Grammar fanboys. Their the most angriest.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By AssInAss

Valve fans are as religious as Apple fans, maybe they're not as violent as Mass Effect fans but they're more brainwashed even down to defending the Steam Subscriber agreement which is anti-consumer.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=484860&page;=1

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bell_End

@AssInAss said:

Valve fans are as religious as Apple fans, maybe they're not as violent as Mass Effect fans but they're more brainwashed even down to defending the Steam Subscriber agreement which is anti-consumer.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=484860&page;=1

no steam no sale... lol

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By laserbolts

Don't say anything bad about this website or you'll have about 20 people replying to you with something along the lines of "hurr durr new office don't like it? leave!!". So I would say this fan base.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Harkat

"A game called Socom 4"

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Final Fantasy Fans and WoW fans.

Fans in Final Fantasy is capitalized because that would be a great Final Fantasy game name.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By living4theday258

Call of Duty fan boys seem angry at something all the time..... seriously they do.

PS3 fan boys when psn went down(though all the 360 lovers I know were jackasses about rubbing it in)

Mass effect 3 ending caused a lot of anger....

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@AssInAss said:

Valve fans are as religious as Apple fans, maybe they're not as violent as Mass Effect fans but they're more brainwashed even down to defending the Steam Subscriber agreement which is anti-consumer. http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=484860&page;=1

In fairness, I'd blame American laws and the "I'll sue you!" culture, in regards to the Steam subscriber agreement.

It's irrelevant in most of the rest of the world because of consumer rights.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By Zleunamme

Republicans and those who view themselves as social conservatives. I don't expect everybody to agree on everything. I'm put off by how vitriolic political discussions get. There are times that I don't want to look at the news or read a newspaper. I wish people would use their energy to make America a better country to live in. Not place filled with angry hatred that accomplishes nothing.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Cloudenvy

AKB48 fans can be really effing scary.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AngelN7

Video games fans ( some of them I consider myself a fan but I'm not crazy to sign a petition for something videogame related)

and video game website fans...

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#46  Edited By BaneFireLord

The Mass Effect diehards after 3. Also, all the fans of the old Fallout games. Shit got real when Bethesda showed off 3 for the first time.

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#47  Edited By obcdexter

Haters suck, too ...

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SmilingPig

Santa fan base, just try telling that fan base that tier idol is a fraud and see what happens.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Aetheldod

Bioware ... those folks have to endure us (yes Im gulty too :/ you know because of the whole ME3 thing)

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#50  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@Cincaid said:

• Mass Effect fans. Oh boy. Threatening the lives of Bioware employees? Check. Suing Bioware? Check. Harassing and stalking one of the writers (who didn't even work on ME3)? Check. The list goes on.

That shit made me ashamed to be a Mass Effect fan. I remember reading a Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword review thread on some site. They would go crazy when someone gave the game lower then a 9/10.

My favorite is the, "8.8, why so low?" thread about the 1up.com review for Crysis. Fans of GFW Radio might know what I'm taking about.