#1 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

Recently a game I found pretty boring was brink. I paid 12 bucks for it and at the beginning I was enjoying it. Then the more I played the more I realized how bored I was getting. I got bored to the point I was fallen asleep playing it, and forgetting that I was actually playing the game. I'm definitely going to trade it in when I get the chance. I kinda feel sorry for people who paid 60 bucks for brink when it first released.

#2 Posted by GideonAmos (199 posts) -

Well, to say that it's the most boring is a bit harsh, but I'm losing interest fast in The Last Story. Usually with RPGs I could like play hours and hours without break, but there's something about The Last Story that make me not want to play it longer than less of an hour. The story is quite meh, it's pretty much generic JRPG 101 storyline. The environment is kinda bland, and you basically only have one city hub where you can get quests and storyline progress. So no exploring like Xenoblade (which I liked very much). The only thing that kinda stick out is the battle system, which is pretty much real time action RPGish combat but with cover system. Sounds rad, right? Well no, since it doesn't work well most of the time. I could go deeper into the awkwardness of the battle system, but to be short: it's not responsive at all. Often I find myself fighting with the controls rather than the enemies. And I paid full price for it, because I was curious since it's another Sakaguchi joint. Also, Uematsu music in this: not so memorable, which I find kinda sad because Uematsu is definitely one of my favorite (video game) composer.

Lots of people like The Last Story though, so I guess I've become too cynical about JRPGs nowadays or something. Hell, I don't know. What I do know is that I'm quite disappointed by TLS.

#3 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@GideonAmos: That is unfortunate. How did you feel about Lost Odyssey?

#4 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Perfect Dark Zero, I'm trying to play it through just for the heck of it (and because I loved PD1) but its so boring, it feels old and stale.

I once fell asleep playing Phantasy Star Universe however, I dozed off and woke up later, still mashing A.

#5 Edited by GideonAmos (199 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan: I actually liked Lost Odyssey. Although I think most of it comes from nostalgia. Got so much late 90-early 2000 type of JRPG feelings from LO with its elements such as explorable world map, tons of side quests etc. and I loved it! That reminds me, I still have to beat the secret boss in the arena. Also, the battle theme is pretty cool.

#6 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 made me punch holes through my desk

#7 Posted by psylah (2175 posts) -

I do steady research on every game I buy now to avoid this, but the most boring game I have EVER played was Xenosaga for the PS2.

20-30 minute fucking cutscenes of moe anime bullshit almost every hour. Horrible.

#8 Posted by Morningstar (2157 posts) -

Blue Dragon. One of the most boring games I've ever played in fact.

#9 Posted by mosespippy (4169 posts) -

Sideway New York was rather uninteresting. I was expecting a puzzle platformer since it's based on perspective changes but there is no puzzles at all. The perspective changes might as well not be there since they have no affect on the gameplay. Any time you see a new wall it is immediately obvious where you are going next and there is no challenge to it. I got 100% achievments in a couple sittings and deleted it right away because I won't want to replay it for any reason.

#10 Posted by GideonAmos (199 posts) -

@psylah: This. I think the total amount of cutscenes in the whole Xenosaga series is like 21 hours long. All I want is some glorious mecha battle! But 21 hours, that's like twice the average amount of game length nowadays. Pretty insane.

#11 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

Xenoblades. After 15 hours of hearing '' THIS IS THE POWER OF THE MONADO '' and walking in a straight line to the next cutscene I turned it off forever. ''This'' is supposed to be the best modern JRPG that ever graced our Wii's?

#12 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

Flower. I cannot play that game, and I have given it three tries.

#13 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Fallout: New Vegas had a strong start for me, but now it just feels like a slog to trudge through. Probably should've played this before Skyrim.

#14 Posted by Marcsman (3195 posts) -

@Grissefar said:

Flower. I cannot play that game, and I have given it three tries.

Yep it was boring

#15 Posted by Veiasma (194 posts) -

Asura's Wrath.

It's seriously is just a movie you watch with some quick time events, shooting sections, and button mashing fighting. I don't understand the appeal at all.

#16 Posted by BadSniper52 (608 posts) -

World of Keflings, that game looked so cool on the screenshots but I find to be boring after 2-3 days playing.

#17 Posted by MeetThePyro (333 posts) -

Max Payne 3, starts strong but eventually made me not want to play another shooter for a long time

#18 Posted by JTB123 (1046 posts) -

Castlevania lords of shadow, boring as fuck.

#19 Posted by Brodehouse (9949 posts) -

I realize they're probably both great, but I could only play about 2 hours of the original Witcher and not even to the end of the tutorial for the Witcher 2. There's just nothing there grabbing my attention aside from redheaded pussy, I don't feel any reason to care about Geralt in either. It has the Deus Ex:HR problem of 'here is this established character with a kind of dull emotional affect, now feel personally attached to him', but at least I'm into the style and setting in Deus Ex.

Make no mistake, I actually want to enjoy these games, this is specifically the kind of game I should like. I get nothing out of disliking popular stuff, but this just isn't clicking over for me and I'm not sure why (something like Dark Souls, I know EXACTLY why).

#20 Posted by JasonR86 (9697 posts) -

Skyward Sword. I just don't get the appeal of this game. I liked Zelda before this game. But, with this game, the slow pace, the boring dungeons, the back tracking, the messed up fighting, it all just underwhelms to me. I don't get the positive reviews for this game. Maybe I'm just really impatient.

#21 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

Mass Effect 3 made me punch holes through my desk

That sounds more like it made you upset instead of getting bored , a bored person doesn't have the will to punch anything.

#22 Posted by Akeldama (4246 posts) -

@Veiasma said:

Asura's Wrath.

It's seriously is just a movie you watch with some quick time events, shooting sections, and button mashing fighting. I don't understand the appeal at all.

Get fucked. How is this boring?

#23 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

Assassins Creed: Revelations. Every time I start to play it, I get about 10 minutes in and I'm totally bored. It feels like I'm playing the same game for the 3rd time, nothing has changed from Brotherhood for the better.

#24 Posted by L44 (559 posts) -

Zelda games. Is that bad?

#25 Posted by Slay3r1583 (612 posts) -

I guess probably the Spec Ops demo.

#26 Posted by JoeyRavn (4973 posts) -

Quantum Conundrum started OK, but it quickly devolved into just another quirky-mechanic-based puzzle game.

@L44 said:

Zelda games. Is that bad?

Yeah, mostly because "Zelda games" is not an answer to the question "What is the most boring game you've played recently".

#27 Posted by Capum15 (4899 posts) -
@Extreme_Popcorn: Hookblade. Bam. Argument invalid.

Granted 80-90% is similar to Brotherhood, but you said 'nothing', and the hookblade is 'one thing'!
#28 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

@Capum15: I'm climbing up building a bit faster, hardly a game changer.

#29 Posted by LTSmash (624 posts) -

Modern Warfare 3 single-player story. Ugh. I found the survival mode to be loads of fun though.

#30 Edited by Capum15 (4899 posts) -
@Extreme_Popcorn: Ziplines too. Hey, I never said "game changer", I just said "one thing better" where you said none.

/nit picky

Edit: Also not being real serious, if you hadn't picked up on that.
#31 Posted by Levius (1131 posts) -

Dead Island bored me to tears, I guess I will never get loot games.

#32 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Phantasy Star Universe was pretty damn boring.

#33 Posted by Vexxan (4620 posts) -

Cracked open my unsealed copy of Assassin's Creed 1 yesterday...the start of that game felt slow and boring.

#34 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Skyrim, sorry but that combat is just flat out awful.

Mass Effect 3, because more corridor shooting with less exploration than the previous game.

#35 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
I was not happy writing this blog.
#36 Edited by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1727 posts) -

Another vote for Skyrim. I love the world and I would like to roam around it doing quests and shit, but when every enemy counter just ends up a hot flailing mess I really cannot be arsed to go on any further, it just becomes a dull scenery simulator. 

#37 Posted by Fearbeard (830 posts) -

@Akeldama said:

@Veiasma said:

Asura's Wrath.

You do realize that this scene isn't even part of the main game and is bought separately right?

#38 Posted by ToTheNines (721 posts) -

Diablo 3

#39 Posted by Akeldama (4246 posts) -

@Fearbeard said:

@Akeldama said:

@Veiasma said:

Asura's Wrath.

You do realize that this scene isn't even part of the main game and is bought separately right?

Zero is how many fucks I give. I posted this instead of content from the main game to avoid people yelling at me for spoiling anything.

#40 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

@LTSmash said:

Modern Warfare 3 single-player story. Ugh. I found the survival mode to be loads of fun though.

this.

#41 Posted by sungahymn (1008 posts) -

@Extreme_Popcorn said:

Assassins Creed: Revelations. Every time I start to play it, I get about 10 minutes in and I'm totally bored. It feels like I'm playing the same game for the 3rd time, nothing has changed from Brotherhood for the better.

Seriously.

#42 Edited by CptBedlam (4451 posts) -

@JTB123 said:

Castlevania lords of shadow, boring as fuck.

You are weird. That game was great.

edit: Okay, looking at your achievements it's clear that you played it for like 10 minutes. Your opinion is therefore invalid.

#43 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

Skyward Sword. I just don't get the appeal of this game. I liked Zelda before this game. But, with this game, the slow pace, the boring dungeons, the back tracking, the messed up fighting, it all just underwhelms to me. I don't get the positive reviews for this game. Maybe I'm just really impatient.

Another vote for Skyward Sword.

#45 Posted by GunstarRed (5174 posts) -

Probably the little bit of the Battlefield 3 campaign that I played.

#46 Posted by Nightriff (5075 posts) -

Skyward Sword. Fuck this game. Super boring and just annoying, I didn't enjoy any of the 15 hours I played until I just gave up. Spending 4 hours in the desert just to get to the temple which took 3 hours to beat. I Love Zelda games up until this game and I don't know if I'll ever beat it. I'll probably just find a guide online and follow it just to beat it as quickly as possible. Fuck that game man, so disappointed in it.

#47 Posted by NegativeCero (3001 posts) -

Castlevania Lords of Shadows. Granted, I've only played the first few chapters so far, but if it doesn't pick up I'm going to be disappointed. I heard the story is pretty good so I'll finish it if only for the fact that the trailer for the sequel got me interested.

#48 Posted by seagaia (10 posts) -

Anything where I feel like I'm wasting my time. Nothing too recently, thankfully.

Well, the occasional flash game under judgement on newgrounds o_o

#49 Posted by Demoskinos (14823 posts) -

Kingdoms of Ama-Bore

#50 Edited by CptBedlam (4451 posts) -

@NegativeCero said:

Castlevania Lords of Shadows. Granted, I've only played the first few chapters so far, but if it doesn't pick up I'm going to be disappointed. I heard the story is pretty good so I'll finish it if only for the fact that the trailer for the sequel got me interested.

It does pick up. The first 2-3 chapters are a kinda slow start. But the game is fucking huge, so continue playing... you won't be disappointed. I liked it better than GoW3 even.

Also, be sure you pick a difficulty that's right for you (as in: not too easy). Those kind of games tend to get boring if they are too easy.