What's The Most Boring Game You've Played Recently?

Alkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Alkaiser

@CptBedlam said:

@Purpz said:

@JTB123 said:

Castlevania lords of shadow, boring as fuck.

Yeah, that game kinda sucked to be fair. Really slow for a Hack-N-Slash; In my opinion.

Better than God of War 3, in my opinion.

I feel that somewhere, in an alternate mirror dimension hell, my counterpart with a glass eye and a handlebar mustache is still tapping x to whip the same spider with a billion health until the end of time like a gaming Sisyphus.

I'll believe you that its better than God of War 3, but then again I don't like any of those games either.

I remember the music being nice though. Still feel burned that I shelled out for the special edition without doing my research. Fooled me I guess.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#102  Edited By OllyOxenFree
@GideonAmos said:

Well, to say that it's the most boring is a bit harsh, but I'm losing interest fast in The Last Story. Usually with RPGs I could like play hours and hours without break, but there's something about The Last Story that make me not want to play it longer than less of an hour. The story is quite meh, it's pretty much generic JRPG 101 storyline. The environment is kinda bland, and you basically only have one city hub where you can get quests and storyline progress. So no exploring like Xenoblade (which I liked very much). The only thing that kinda stick out is the battle system, which is pretty much real time action RPGish combat but with cover system. Sounds rad, right? Well no, since it doesn't work well most of the time. I could go deeper into the awkwardness of the battle system, but to be short: it's not responsive at all. Often I find myself fighting with the controls rather than the enemies. And I paid full price for it, because I was curious since it's another Sakaguchi joint. Also, Uematsu music in this: not so memorable, which I find kinda sad because Uematsu is definitely one of my favorite (video game) composer.

Lots of people like The Last Story though, so I guess I've become too cynical about JRPGs nowadays or something. Hell, I don't know. What I do know is that I'm quite disappointed by TLS.

Totally agree with all that you said. Frame rate did not help at all with it dipping below ~10FPS in many instances. Dialogue was not anything special with that one chick's constant alcoholism and that one dude's womanizing being really repetitive and tiresome.  Environments and character design were bland. Music was not Uematsu's greatest with only one song being memorable.

I still think that Lost Odyssey is Mistwalker's finest work so far. Hoping for a sequel with improved mechanics. Not really hoping for a Last Story 2 unless they really revamped it.
WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By WickedFather
@NegativeCero said:

Castlevania Lords of Shadows. Granted, I've only played the first few chapters so far, but if it doesn't pick up I'm going to be disappointed. I heard the story is pretty good so I'll finish it if only for the fact that the trailer for the sequel got me interested.

That's the game I came here to hate on.  It's got one good bit just before the end and a great finish but it's just a dreary plod right up to that.  If you really do doubt you'll finish it youtube the ending, and you'll wow but don't make the mistake of letting that drag you back.  If you don't like it that isn't going to change.

And Bastion is something not mentioned yet.  It's nothingy.  I heard a lot of people say it was disappointing and I was never hyped for it but it's the gaming equivalent of autopilot eating your cornflakes while still half asleep.
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By Pinworm45

World of Battles, that free to play game on steam.

Imagine Starcraft, but you're only allowed 4 units total, also there's no base building, and units barely damage each other.

erobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#105  Edited By erobb

Resistance 3. Didn't finish it. Barely made it halfway through the campaign. The multiplayer was decent, but if they made awards for least compelling story, I'd nominate the Resistance franchise.

erobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By erobb

@Demoskinos said:

Kingdoms of Ama-Bore

That's a good one. One of the most generic games I've ever played.

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#107  Edited By SuperWristBands

Recently? Final Fantasy XIII-2. Story and characters are painful which makes me not care about cutscenes so I just browse the internet waiting for them to say something important or interesting. They haven't really done anything interesting yet. I'll try to push myself through it cause I bought it so I figure I might as well...

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By ShaneDev

Well recently the only games I have played are Civ 5 and Max Payne 3. I stopped playing Civ 5 and must get back to it but Max Payne 3 was fairly boring for the final third. The story is too messy and boring, there are too many characters and Maxs narration is dull. At certain parts I stopped and wondered why he was even talking when everything he was saying was pointless filler. The combat overall was fun and unlike others I never thought it was too hard or that the aiming was off but towards the end it out stays its welcome and just keeps going and going and going. Overall I was fine with some of the changes that were made to Max Payne but the stuff that Max does in this game had me rolling my eyes. Terrible action movie shit and plot holes abound meant I was kinda disappointed by the end.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#109  Edited By AssInAss

Gears of War 2. It was just constant wait for Locusts to pop their head out from cover, blow their heads off, repeat ad nauseum. The cover system still had problems with me sticking when I didn't want to. The underground levels were the most boring visually too.

The desaturated look just puts me to sleep. Which is why I'm appreciating they didn't go for that in Spec Ops: The Line because each area is visually stimulating and intriguing to look at.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#110  Edited By geirr

Diablo 3 and revisiting Spore, both to me a complete snore.

SAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By SAC
@MeetThePyro
Max Payne 3, starts strong but eventually made me not want to play another shooter for a long time
THIS
StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By StrikeALight

Diablo 3 quickly felt a little flat for me.

It was good while it lasted, but not a game I would consider playing for extended periods of time.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Canteu

Most recently, probably Skyrim.

Sidekick-Trio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Sidekick-Trio

Another vote for Max Payne 3. It needs at least two or three hours cut out of it. I'm just slogging through it because I am enjoying the noire styling and story telling, the actual gameplay is too much of the same thing for such a long game.

Kaowas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#115  Edited By Kaowas

The absolutely most boring game I've ever played? That's a tough one, since I tend to steer clear of things I wont enjoy, and I have a hard time finding bad entertainment boring. It's still entertainment. With that said, last month I picked up Evil Genius from gog.com and I have to say that it was one of the most boring games I've played. It started out interesting, but eventually I just found myself not enjoying it. It seemed like a decent game, and there are some fun systems, but I don't think everything worked the way it should in the game, thus it left lots of boring sessions of me repeating objectives over and over again.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#116  Edited By pyromagnestir

If it was boring, I wouldn't play it. Your question is invalid.

Ok... Honestly, can't think of any games I've played recently that I found boring. Last one that I can think of is Kirby's Epic Yarn, but that was over a year ago now.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#117  Edited By Hizang

I found Lollipop Chainsaw quite boring, didn't much care for it.

Avatar image for lawrence_of_suburbia
lawrence_of_suburbia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ddensel said:

Lego Star Wars III. I have no idea why people like these games. Repetitive Dynasty Warriors-esque hacking and slashing mixed with simplistic and limited ship control, all centered around collecting some little Lego pegs. It's also based on the new Star Wars, which is awful. I guess they forgot to add the humor and charm these Lego games are supposedly known for in this installment too.

At least I got it for free with my Xbox hard drive.

I like the Lego Star Wars games because it's impossible to fail no matter how impossibly drunk you are.

kgb0515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By kgb0515

Dante's Inferno. The game tried too hard at being scandalous, but I couldn't get over how God of Warlike it was, and the repeated images of human private anatomy drawn in everywhere wore on me pretty heavily. It was a worthless slog of a game for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diablo 3 aside. I've been trying to play Trine 2, but can barely find myself able to complete one level before I just turn it off.

BerserkingGuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By BerserkingGuts

Ghost Recon and Max Payne 3. Although, I blame that more on my own shifting taste in games lately then the actual games themselves. They both looked and played polished, but I'm just so completely done with shooting mechanics. Which, considering the way the market is at the moment, doesn't give me many options.

Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Moody_yeti

@Morningstar said:

Blue Dragon. One of the most boring games I've ever played in fact.

The combat was so tedious imo.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#123  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. It was actually really fun for quite a while, but then I hit the half point of the game...and I just can't play it any more. It's the same shit over and over again. Might finish it once I actually forget about it and rediscover it.

Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Cyrus_Saren

Phantasy Star Universe and Modern Warfare 3 come to mind. I also had a hell of a time getting through Ninja Gaiden 3 and Fable III. And even though it wasn't recent, I got bored playing Xenosaga. Shame too, since I like Xenogears a lot (if you couldn't tell by my picture.)

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Spoonman671

I haven't played it recently, but Prince of Persia (2008) felt like the game was playing itself.  While I appreciate that the game does absolutely everything it can not to waste the player's time, the complete lack of challenge just put me to sleep.  I could only play it for an hour or so.

More recently, Kingdoms of Amalur was pretty tedious and low-impact.  I did at least manage to finish it, though.

hughesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By hughesman

@SaffronRevolution said:

The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings. I bought the 360 version based off of good will from the Giantbomb crew. I think it's a well made game, but certainly not the style of game I'm interested in playing at the moment. So I sold it away to a new home.

Aww, too bad you didn't get into it. I'm glad you found it a loving home though. :D

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#127  Edited By MachoFantastico

Asura's Wrath and Force Unleashed 2.  

Enjoyed original Force Unleashed, but totally bored senseless by the sequel. Seems a total mess, shame really. As for Asura's Wrath, I feel cheated by the hype the GB crew gave that game. Bored me to tears, thankfully only rented the game so no harm done. 

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By zaccheus

Probably Max Payne 3, I soldiered through it nevertheless, but it was quite boring and frustrating.

Chroma_Auron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#129  Edited By Chroma_Auron

@ItBeStefYo:

I too have found it to be rather boring to play.. It doesn't feel like I'm going anywhere game play, or plot wise. I'm halfway through episode 3 of the game doing the boring part of waiting because I'm playing honestly and I'm too lazy to go back to the moon cave after going back to the dream and learning the change doesn't save.. It's a first time I have felt this way towards a game

RandyTandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By RandyTandy

Easily Hydrophobia: Prophecy on PS3. Sony emailed me a code to download the game for just over a quid so I thought I'd give it a shot but all the story stuff falls really flat. No one in that game feels like they're talking to each other, instead standing in recording booths in different weeks. Also it has a reeaallyy slow beginning where you go through some very unchallenging 'meh' platforming and then when you finally get a gun, the combat is completely underwhelming. It has a unique premise and I lowered my expectations so I was really willing to give it a chance but I don't think it deserves anyone's time. BORING 2.0.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Example1013

I'm gonna vote for Diablo 3. I actually really enjoy the core gameplay, but right now I'm in a spot where I need to upgrade my gear to progress, and I don't have the gold, which means I'm going to have to spend a few hours farming. I'd rather eat paint chips than farm gold right now. I'm sure I'll go back at some point in the future because there's definitely fun and profit to be had, but at the moment it's just insufferable.

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#132  Edited By ADAMWD

Just got a PS3, and the the first Uncharted was pretty fucking boring. I wanted to like it but the combat and platforming were just so mechanically awful.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By falserelic

I can understand why some people got bored of skyrim. I played the game for weeks exploring tombs. Then everything started feeling the same then I got bored.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#134  Edited By lego_my_eggo

Lost Planet. so far it is following the typical Japanese style of story telling, father dies, amnesia, getting rescued by a dude that then has to convince the rest of his group to let me stay, my character has some some sort of unique item attached to his hand, had a battle with an enemy who is "familiar with my syle of fighting" that im sure knew me or my father, and then the unique item causes problems for me and makes me pass out, waking up just at the right time to stand outside a door and listen as the group fights about me staying again and having that awkward scene where the person who wants me out leaves the room only to be greeted by me standing out side the door, and the dude who is in charge looks to be working with "the enemy" in some way but you know it will turn out to be for good.

And the fact that i am going on random missions for no apparent reason isn't really giving me any motivation to keep playing this game.

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#135  Edited By Poppduder

I have a big problem. Most games are getting boring for me. I've been getting games on Steam and not coming close to finishing them. Downloaded Dawngaurd and hVr barely been able to start it before getting distracted by Tropico 4. Play that for like 20 minutes before switching to Microsoft Flight. Take off, bank left, then start playing Bastion. I've started bastion like 4 times and I'm no more than 4 levels in. Same goes for Syndicate, the game crashed into the 2nd area and I haven't been compelled to start it back up. I can only play Legend of Grimrock less than 1 level at a time too.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think this is a problem with the games. This is some sort of adult onset ADD or something. It's really a bummer. Any suggestions?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#136  Edited By Deranged

Skyrim and Kingdoms of Amular.

Avatar image for captaincharisma
CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By CaptainCharisma

Like 90% of the games mentioned here are games I adore, which makes me sad people find it boring. Lords of Shadow especially is one of my favorite games of all time. Opinions so whatever. A game I found incredibly boring is Ninja Blade. Stuff was going on but I just felt no reason to continue after a puzzle I couldn't figure out due to a glitch that wouldn't let me progress. That was just the nail in the coffin after the crazy stuff happening that I just couldn't get into.

Azraith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Azraith

Dungeon Siege 2. I looooooved the first one, I got sucked into it and I thought it was a fantastic game...but the second one? It just felt so forced...mechanical I guess, whereas the first was much more natural and flowing. Dunno how to describe it accurately, but it was boring as hell for me regardless.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By falserelic

@CaptainCharisma said:

Like 90% of the games mentioned here are games I adore, which makes me sad people find it boring. Lords of Shadow especially is one of my favorite games of all time. Opinions so whatever. A game I found incredibly boring is Ninja Blade. Stuff was going on but I just felt no reason to continue after a puzzle I couldn't figure out due to a glitch that wouldn't let me progress. That was just the nail in the coffin after the crazy stuff happening that I just couldn't get into.

I actually liked ninja blade but I understand.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By confusedowl

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. It was actually really fun for quite a while, but then I hit the half point of the game...and I just can't play it any more. It's the same shit over and over again. Might finish it once I actually forget about it and rediscover it.

This for sure. I loved it at first but after about 30 hours of play I was begging for it to end. It had potential too which is really sad. They could of made the combat system more interesting if the skill trees weren't 95% passive skills and buffs. I don't want to play a warrior that only has 2 attack skills, it's boring.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#141  Edited By crusader8463

Vanquish and The Simpsons game come to mind. Really disliked them both, but at least The Simpsons game was funny from time to time. Vanquish was just not fun the entire time. I also decided to break into my copy of the Sly Cooper Collection that I had sitting on my shelf for awhile now and I really did not like that game. I was enjoying the story and the characters, but I just hated the platforming. I got to some spot on the second boss area right near the start and couldn't get past some jumping bit. There was literally nothing I could do to get across some huge gap and I just said fuck it after 10-15 min of dying again and again. Turned off my PS3 and the game. Don't care enough to try and find a video of it on youtube.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Ducksworth

I recently bought a PS3 and with it, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (among other games). I bought it based solely on remembering that it's an exclusive and I haven't heard anyone rant about it. The novelty of buying a game you know nothing about was cool but when I started playing I was kind of put off. It's a great looking game but it came off as way too easy and made me regret the purchase a bit. Thankfully I kept on playing so I could get my moneys worth and I was pleasently surprised at how the humor managed to last past the opening cutscene. The weapons have started opening up to me as well so their novelty is helping me push through.

Still. The lack of challenge is off-putting and can be really boring when there hasn't been a fresh weapon or joke to keep me entertained for a while. For $20 I guess it's alright.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#143  Edited By Jackel2072

Assassins creed brotherhood. I only spent 20 bucks on it, but after 5 hours I was done.

daywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By daywoo

I tried going back to WoW, everyone I used to play with stopped a long time ago and I realized that is really the only reason I didn't get bored to tears in that game.

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#145  Edited By psykhophear

Alice: Madness Returns. It's a very repetitive game that involves a lot of jumping on different platforms, killing the same rows of enemies and using the same weapons over and over again. The story also became very dry along the way that I wasn't paying attention to it anymore. I got so bored playing it halfway through that I actually forced myself to complete it just to see the ending. And guess what, the ending's incredibly awful.

I was so looking to play this game but sigh, American McGee let me down with this boring sequel.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By MegaLombax

Bodycount...Man that game was boring. That was the first and only game(so far) that I didnt finish because it was too friggin boring

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Milkman

Max Payne 3 bored me in spots even though I liked the game overall.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By soldierg654342
fodigga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#149  Edited By fodigga

Playing through Borderlands right now and I just don't enjoy anything that game has to offer.

Ulain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Ulain

@daywoo said:

I tried going back to WoW, everyone I used to play with stopped a long time ago and I realized that is really the only reason I didn't get bored to tears in that game.

Wow is an incredibly boring treadmill that is indeed only enjoyable when playing with others, and even then I'd probably rather just talk shit about the game outside of it with those friends, and save $15 a month. I gave up on it back in November though.

For recent games, Skyward Sword is really just tired at this point. The "refreshing" part of context-sensitive controls was just fucking frustrating (trying to perform that god-awful stab/thrust, and instead doing a diagonal slash and getting retaliated against, ugh). The same boring elements of a forest temple, a fire/volcano one, water. I rented it from GameFly, and just returned it last week when I think all I had left to do was finish the last boss (I assume a ganondorf clone). I just didn't care anymore. Link to the Past was the best one anyway :P

Diablo 3 is also fairly boring. I'm very aware I'm just grinding, just trying to get to the next difficulty. The "challenge" lies in if I have good enough gear, and can pay attention for more than 3 seconds if I'm standing in fire/arcane lasers/exploding poisonous cow guts and move out of the way.