• 87 results
#51 Posted by DocHaus (1312 posts) -

MvC3 Fate of Two Worlds. Got suckered into buying it, and thought there was going to be a cool crossover comic attached. Turns out it was just a dinky little 8 page comic book with some concept art. But at least the unlockable characters were cool. I can't wait to see what other features they'll patch into the game to make it worth paying slightly extra for!

#52 Posted by spyder335 (284 posts) -

bayonetta, i thought the replica gun was full size and plastic, not tinkerbell size and ceramic (also looked like it was painted by a blind man)

#53 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -
@Hilfemaster said:

all of them

ALL OF THEM!
#54 Posted by tallTuck94 (553 posts) -

Borderlands

for five pound extra it had a sleeve for the box, other than that it was no different

#55 Posted by Zidd (1836 posts) -

Prey. I got it for next to nothing though and the game was pretty cool. Its just that the box was gigantic and there was no regular sized box in there and the disc holder was really bad and it kept falling out. I just threw the box away and put all of the stuff into a regular sized box.

#56 Posted by Zidd (1836 posts) -

@G3RHRT said:

I've been thinking of getting the collector's edition of Mass Effect 3 for the DLC that comes with it. You guys think it's worth it? You think they'll just release it later for download?

If its anything like the ME2 collectors edition then no they will not release the extra content. The ME2 collectors edition was also really well done and is one of my favorites.

#57 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

@Zidd: Except that all of the content was leaked onto the marketplace just before release, making it freely available to everyone? :P

But definitely Arkham Asylum, it completely put me off buying any other CE's unless they're extremely high quality. The Halo games have always had excellent ones and the new Uncharted ones look great too.. but I very rarely get any now.

#58 Posted by NTM (7234 posts) -

I've only gotten the Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition (for PC after I already had it on PS3), and Brothers and Arms which was cheaper than a bakers dozen (which I also already had, but on 360). Of course, I didn't buy either of those since I already bought them before, and instead got one since it was cheap and another 'cause it was my birthday. I kind of like both, but the Brothers and arms one I completely destroyed and now only have the game and its case as if I were to buy the regular version. I didn't see a lot of value in collector's editions back then. I'm more into movie collector's edition's like Alien Anthology.

#59 Posted by charlie_victor_bravo (923 posts) -

Call of Duty Black Ops Hardened Edition - since it is only 'collectors edition' that I own. It was around 20€ so I have no complaints.

#60 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

Never been disappointed actually. I only own a handful of CEs though.

#61 Posted by LetsRockBaby (241 posts) -

Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but that's only cause Capcom announced Ultimate five fucking months after release, and I realized I payed $70 for a beta in a steelbook.

#62 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I want a bonus disc that has a 12 hour feature on the creation of the game from inception to completion with arguments, expos, fans reactions, inside baseball. i want to see it all

#63 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Super Meat Boy's was disappointing as hell.

#64 Edited by TYRIEL (5 posts) -

For me Halo 2 , since then i learned my lesson not to be overwhelmed by a shiny new toy .
@TheGreatGuero i'm with at GTAIV

#65 Posted by TheKing (822 posts) -

Arkham Asylum for me also. I pre-ordered under the impression that the Batarang was metal and it was a plastic POS.

#66 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

Dragon Age Origins for the 360 - uggh ugly box, ugly map, disapointing dlc.. plus Dragon Age on the 360

#67 Posted by TheWyotee93 (187 posts) -

Resistance 2. Why did I pay $30 more for a toy and an art book. I don't even look at them, ever.

#68 Posted by RetroHelix85 (20 posts) -

Half Life 2 US retail box collector's edition. It came with a T-shirt. Meanwhile, the Steam edition got the shirt, a hate, some stickers, and other shit for the same price.

#69 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

I like every collector's edition I've purchased. Except maybe Catherine's. The bonus stuff there is just a LITTLE too weird for me, and I wasn't expecting to revile Catherine (the character) as much as I did. It's good, quality stuff, though.

#70 Posted by EpicSteve (6470 posts) -

Every single one I have ever bought. $60 is already a high price to ask for. Anything more is a tad ridicules.

#71 Posted by piropeople13 (399 posts) -

Definatly fallout 3 survival edition. That pip-boy was a joke. I returned it and got the collector's edition which included everything else.

#72 Posted by liquiddragon (221 posts) -

Perfect Dark Zero (the case is too cool for the game)

#73 Posted by onan (1282 posts) -

@Zidd said:

@G3RHRT said:

I've been thinking of getting the collector's edition of Mass Effect 3 for the DLC that comes with it. You guys think it's worth it? You think they'll just release it later for download?

If its anything like the ME2 collectors edition then no they will not release the extra content. The ME2 collectors edition was also really well done and is one of my favorites.

If I recall correctly, the ME1 CE was even better, although I chuckled after the fact when I looked back and saw it was called the "Collectors' Edition" and came with a bunch of literal "Collectors" techno-organic weapons and armor DLC. ME1 just had SOO much stuff in it. I'm still not done. I need to pop that disc back in and listen to more of the commentary about the the concept art for the ME universe. Amazing stuff.

If I'm going to nominate WORST CE ever, I'm going to have to go with Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. It advertised an "artbook", "exclusive comic book", and "commentary", along with a CD soundtrack. What followed was one of the worst letdowns I've ever experienced. The "Artbook" just featured one CG rendered image of each character. It was the same render used in the manual, as well, which was included with all copies. It was ALSO the same renders shrunk and used on the back of the box for all versions. They printed up 3 copies of *computer generated images*. I was shocked.

Then I went over to the comic. I read it, and I'm like, ok, that's neat. I pop in the game as I'm reading, and there's a mandatory install. During the mandatory install, during the wait, they... show you a comic. The same comic I was holding was required viewing during the 15 minute install (or whatever it was). SHOCK. Then I looked around for commentary and couldn't figure out where it was. After some digging on the internet, it turns out the "commentary" was just a few single sentence blurbs from the developers used along tiny headshots in the art book. Seriously.

Then there was the CD, which I was too sad to even try playing. Who comes to Ninja Gaiden for the music? And at the rate that CE was going, it was probably a music sampler. My poor heart couldn't take much more abuse.

For this privilege? an extra $10. I'm usually excited by CEs, or at least indifferent. This one I was actively upset about, and rightly so.

#74 Posted by onan (1282 posts) -

@Little_Socrates said:

I like every collector's edition I've purchased. Except maybe Catherine's. The bonus stuff there is just a LITTLE too weird for me, and I wasn't expecting to revile Catherine (the character) as much as I did. It's good, quality stuff, though.

Crap, I totally forgot about that because I ignored it. It was just a cardboard box, a t-shirt and underwear that neither fit me nor that I would ever be caught dead wearing, and a pillowcase cover I'd also never use. The artbook and soundtrack went to all preorders and that's all I cared about when I got mine. If they really wanted to go whole hog on the pervy special ediiton concept, they should have paid more attention to Agarest War. Pervy pillowcase AND boob mousepad, along with a shamelessly inappropriate large collector's box. Also a soundtrack, and an exclusive one at that. One of my favorite special editions ever. (Great mousepad, btw.)

@pixieface said:

The Dragon Age 2 "Signature Edition", which the devs confirmed was indeed their collectors edition. Why. Why did I do this to myself. No tin case, no art book, no behind-the-scenes DVD, no Grey Warden sword letter opener, no Archdemon paper weight, no nothing. Just some in game junk. This must be what it feels like to have hired a prostitute with an ungodly face but a great reputation. Except the prostitute had a sex change, and now the night has now turned into a nightmare.

Uh... It was the same price as the standard edition. It's the version they gave you to show appreciation for the pre-order. Considering a lot of us were going to get DA2 on day one anyway, it was actually kind of awesome.

#75 Posted by Shaunage (677 posts) -

The Bayonetta metal gun... thing would have to be up there.

#76 Posted by Demoskinos (14520 posts) -

I don't even have to think about this. Rainbow Six Vegas. Great game but the LE was shit and a complete rip off. All they had was a making of DVD and a alternate box art not even in a steelbook case and the biggest fuck you was THEY UPLOADED THE MAKING OF VIDEOS TO XBL FOR ANYONE TO DOWNLOAD. Ugh.

Like, I expect people to upload that shit to youtube cause thats what people do but when the developers themselves uploaded it to XBL that felt like a kick in the nuts. There was ZERO reason to play $10 extra for that damn thing. Still kinda bitter over that. -_-

#77 Posted by Demoskinos (14520 posts) -

@pixieface: Yeah but the Signature edition didn't cost any extra.... all you had do was preorder it.

#78 Posted by niamahai (1404 posts) -

about to regret for Gears3, Skyrim and Arkham City

#79 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4607 posts) -

Halo 3 and Gears of War stick out in my mind as particularly bad. It was a tin box and some useless shit.

Halo: Reach, Alan Wake, and Fable 3 all had fantastic collectors editions, though.

#80 Posted by Popskinz (409 posts) -

I've only bought one; Fallout 3. And i actually really liked that one!

#81 Posted by RetroHelix85 (20 posts) -

The only collector's edition stuff I don't regret purchasing:

• Blizzard games.
  • Oblivion (that coin is pretty awesome).
  • Warhammer Online (game wasn't so great, but a ton of stuff was packed into the Collector's)

Collector's editions should be more than a 20 page manual-sized art book and a tin case.

#82 Edited by mnzy (2911 posts) -
@ArchScabby said:

None. Cuz I has never bought one.  Cuz I is not the dumb.

This with better grammar.
#83 Posted by Chippy180 (158 posts) -

I've bought my fair share of Collectors Edition garbage(Heck, I bought 2 copies of Fallout 3 for the lunchbox and statue, then sold one off), but the biggest disappointment for me has to be the Dead Space 2 C.E. The Visceral/EA marketing staff basically lied to their audience, playing up a sleek and authentic looking plasma cutter that came packaged with every edition, only to fuck over fans when they finally got their hands on it.

The GTA IV safety deposit box was a close call, but then I realised that it was propping up my monitor, so it has SOME use(It probably also works well at hiding drugs, PROBABLY).

#84 Posted by Zidd (1836 posts) -

@onan said:

If I recall correctly, the ME1 CE was even better, although I chuckled after the fact when I looked back and saw it was called the "Collectors' Edition" and came with a bunch of literal "Collectors" techno-organic weapons and armor DLC. ME1 just had SOO much stuff in it. I'm still not done. I need to pop that disc back in and listen to more of the commentary about the the concept art for the ME universe. Amazing stuff.

I had no idea that the original Mass Effect had a collectors edition and now I feel compelled to own it.

#85 Posted by bybeach (4702 posts) -

I should not speak, because I have only bought one collector's ed. and it has been so far the best. Call of Pripyat(Stalker) for 40.00 Got stuff w/it. Oh f**k I forgot, I got that last halo fancy...

#86 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

@niamahai said:

about to regret for Gears3, Skyrim and Arkham City

The Gears 3 one is looking very tempting.. After being disappointed so many times in the past though, I'm going to wait and hope I can pick it up on discount.

I'd definitely cancel that Skyrim one though, it's ridiculously expensive and looks terrible.

#87 Posted by onan (1282 posts) -

@Zidd said:

@onan said:

I had no idea that the original Mass Effect had a collectors edition and now I feel compelled to own it.

Yeah, almost went under the radar for me too since it was a Gamestop exclusive. It was a new franchise and I wouldn't have really considered it except I read the novel that came out in advance of the game and got hooked on the universe so I knew I had to have it. One of the few times in the last few years I've had to order from Gamestop, but money well spent.

http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-Limited-Xbox-360/dp/B000XJJRTI/.