• 106 results
#1 Posted by TopSteer (640 posts) -

So I went to my local game store that has a lot of old consoles and games to pick up some PS1 games. They had about half the games I was looking for and I was surprised to find a copy of Brigandine: The Legend of Forsena for $70. The prices online are quite similar so I think I'm going to go back and buy it.

#2 Posted by GreggD (4480 posts) -

I paid like 60+ for a copy of Tomba!. Perfectly reasonable purchase, really.

#3 Posted by G0rd0nFr33m4n (762 posts) -

I paid $60 for a copy of the Xbox version of Bloodrayne 2, when it was coming off of store shelves and was hard to find. I was like 11 and I feel dumb for doing it now haha

#4 Posted by Giantstalker (1538 posts) -
#5 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Steel Battalion. With shipping and customs: > $300

Thought technically I got the expansion with it, so that was 2 games.

#6 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

I guess paying $30 each for Persona 3 and Persona 4, and $30 for each of the Digital Devil Saga games. Don't really have any old games I'm crazy for though. I would kill to get an old mint copy of Vanguard Bandits as it's one of my favourite games of all time, but I refuse to pay $100-$150+ for it. Well, until I win the lotto anyway. Also wouldn't mind getting mint copies of the Silver Star and Eternal Blue Lunar games. So many great memories with those. And Breath of Fire 4. Dam it now I really want to go on a spending spree. Why couldn't I have been born into a filthy Rich family?

#7 Posted by HellBound (1058 posts) -

I think 40 bucks for Snake Eater for Game Cube. I really wanted it at the time and this was a few years ago where you could get gamecube games for 10 bucks. Don't know why it was that much.

#8 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@HellBound:Because that game is as rare as a virgin on earth.

#9 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

Why am I rare?

#10 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

@nintendoeats said:

Why am I rare?

Didn't actually need to know that.

#11 Posted by CountMacula (234 posts) -

@HellBound said:

I think 40 bucks for Snake Eater for Game Cube. I really wanted it at the time and this was a few years ago where you could get gamecube games for 10 bucks. Don't know why it was that much.

I could be unbelievably mistaken, but I don't think that came out on GC. Did you mean Twin Snakes by any chance?

#12 Posted by Hailinel (23962 posts) -

I bought a sealed, new copy of Kuon on the PS2 for $130 like, a month ago off Amazon.

No, I still haven't played it, so I have no idea what I think of it, but I'm going to get around to it after Xenoblade Chronicles stops eating my soul. But I figure, a From Software-developed game published by Agetec could be interesting.

#13 Posted by PassiveKaerenai (326 posts) -

£40 for MGS2 at one point. Which in Americapounds is like $250. Don't recall how/why

#14 Posted by BongChilla (204 posts) -

Few years ago I spent $85 for a copy of Xenogears. Than it came out on PSN for 9.99. Oh well, it's the black bottom version with the manual and it's in great shape so I can't complain.

#15 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

@crusader8463 said:

@nintendoeats said:

Why am I rare?

Still didn't answer my question.

#16 Posted by Funzzo (834 posts) -

100.00 for SF Zero 3 for saturn.

#17 Posted by Vonocourt (2123 posts) -

Don't think I've paid more than fifty dollars for an old video game.

#18 Posted by Baal_Sagoth (1237 posts) -

60 € for an original Planescape: Torment big box with all the glorious/ nerdy/ pathetic nonsense in it.

#19 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@GreggD said:

Are you kidding me? that's a steal!

#20 Posted by GreggD (4480 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@GreggD said:

Guess it's the benefit of having a local store that specializes in old games and rarities.

#21 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

@nintendoeats said:

@crusader8463 said:

@nintendoeats said:

Why am I rare?

"Rare than a virgin on prom night" is a common backwater expression. I updated to reflect a perceived increase in the acceptable level of promiscuity among today's youth. There was no need to take it personally, or inform us about the deepest darkest secrets of your personal life.

#22 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

I saw a statistic on Yahoo that stated that the average age that people lose their virginity today is approximately 17 years old, which was apparently similar to another survey that was done. Pretty crazy, though this could be some form of survey fallacy.

Anyways...

#23 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@GreggD said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@GreggD said:

Guess it's the benefit of having a local store that specializes in old games and rarities.

No fair. It's not like Tomba is super rare or anything, but you could do MUCH worse than $60.

Also; Tomba is an awesome game.

#24 Posted by Hairy_Fish (366 posts) -
#25 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

@crusader8463 said:

@nintendoeats said:

@crusader8463 said:

@nintendoeats said:

Why am I rare?

"Rare than a virgin on prom night" is a common backwater expression. I updated to reflect a perceived increase in the acceptable level of promiscuity among today's youth. There was no need to take it personally, or inform us about the deepest darkest secrets of your personal life.

Nothing was taken personally. Was just confused by your statement. I was not aware it was a pun on that turn of phrase. Also, not having sex is hardly a deep dark secret of my personal life. Never understood why getting to stick your genitals into another persons was that big a deal. When I meet the right person it will happen, and that's about it. Not that big a deal.

#26 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

$50 for the greatest hits edition of SH2. it was used, but in perfect condition. now i'm looking for the best deal on a copy of wind waker, as i have yet to play. seems like a copy goes for around $40.

#27 Posted by Slayne (46 posts) -

@Baal_Sagoth said:

60 € for an original Planescape: Torment big box with all the glorious/ nerdy/ pathetic nonsense in it.

Glorious!

#28 Edited by frankfartmouth (1016 posts) -
#29 Posted by SpaceRunaway (848 posts) -

My record is $170 on a copy of Renny Blaster for the PC Engine. That was a major steal, as the game is probably number 2 in price/rarity for the PCE, and it's a game I had given up on acquiring. Right behind that I got the Famicom Gun/Wild Gunman/holster and belt bundle for around $150.

#30 Posted by BoG (5185 posts) -

I bought Suikoden II for around $50 at a local store. Once I play it, I'll resell it for twice that price.

#31 Posted by GreggD (4480 posts) -

@Cloudenvy: Yes it is.

#32 Posted by Artikay (112 posts) -

Hmmm... $50 for The Last Window. The sequel to Hotel Dusk for the DD ..... Wait... Someone else on this planet has played Brigandine? You sir, win.

#33 Posted by TopSteer (640 posts) -

@Artikay: Yeah I didn't realize it was rare until I started looking for it again recently. I'm not much of a collector and don't mind getting rid of games but there are some games I wish I would've kept when I was younger.

#34 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I paid more than one-hundred dollars for a PlayStation 2 copy of Marvel v. Capcom 2.

And then it came out on Xbox Live Arcade a year and a half later.

#35 Posted by HellBound (1058 posts) -

@CountMacula: That is what I meant. Thanks.

#36 Posted by Bocam (3681 posts) -
#37 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

I saw a statistic on Yahoo that stated that the average age that people lose their virginity today is approximately 17 years old, which was apparently similar to another survey that was done. Pretty crazy, though this could be some form of survey fallacy.

Anyways...

If you could literally see my face right now.

My brain is full of fuck.

#38 Edited by TopSteer (640 posts) -

@Bocam: I play some VNs but I don't really follow the news on them, so is there something special about the 360 version that warrants such a high price?

Edit: Wait I think I read that page wrong, it's the Windows version that's so high.

#39 Posted by SadPatrol (499 posts) -

Over 100 for a brand new sealed Pokemon Red version

#40 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

$30 for stadium events

#41 Posted by justamat (34 posts) -

Brigandine is such a great game. I'm glad I held onto my copy. Too bad I sold my copy of Suikoden II for $10 way back when. Suikoden II now worth over $100.

#42 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

$50 for Commander Keen a few days ago. It came in what was called 'the Super ID pack' so it came with Rage and some other stuff.

#43 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

40 for Legend of Zelda anniversery collection on gamecube.

Oh, and for my best deal? MGS twin snakes FOR FREE! Yeah... I had a few friends at the time who were majorly churchy and stuff and they gave it to me because their parents wouldn't let them play it! played the shit out of it... although the cutscenes pissed me off for many obvious reasons.

#44 Posted by Centimani (550 posts) -

40 for Okami once I think

#45 Edited by CaptainCody (1505 posts) -

@GreggD said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@GreggD said:

Yeah, wow. I love how Tomba is the default rare ass PS1 game, my brother bought a copy a few years ago for quite a sum. Funny enough, I have a blockbuster copy of Brave Fencer Musashi that I bought for 7 bucks when I was a kid. One of the best and most valuable games I have ever played stained by a massive fucking blockbuster stamp thing on the disc. Still, holy shit is that game perfect.

Edit: An Amazon check just told me the game is $127 new, I'm happy enough to know I own the game.

#46 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

I paid $50 or so for a copy of ICO a couple years back. I played it once. It took me about 8 hours or so. Don't ever want to touch it again. Completely worth it.

#47 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -

10 bucks for star fox 64 and 3 bucks for hunter: the rechoning

#48 Posted by Bocam (3681 posts) -

@TopSteer: Yeah that's the PC edition

#49 Posted by GunstarRed (5044 posts) -

Like £30 on Strider 2 for the PS1 a couple of years ago.

#50 Edited by Wes899 (2107 posts) -

$40 for Dragon Quest 3 about 8 years ago.

EDIT: Oh, I guess this will be a decent place to ask. I have an OG first run edition of FF7, complete with the typo on the back. Does it actually sell for a good price nowadays? I bought it for $15.