What's up next for GiantBomb?

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By s-a-n-JR

So, the endurance run ended today and there is going to be a hiatus until the next "season". Also, TANG is nearing the end of it's list of movie games. That just leaves quicklooks...which are awesome, but i've been spoiled by having ER, TANG and QL shows available all at once.

I'm sure the GB crew is aware of this and probably have ideas for new shows. They'd wanna keep traffic up after all. But what do you guys wish they'd do? I'm hoping for something new and original...like...DIY with Brad :P

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By damswedon

game season, september to about march

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Fallen189

Probably the same thing that happened before persona4

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#4  Edited By yetiantics

more video reviews can work.  
But the Giant Bomb crew are a creative bunch and im sure theyll come up with some new segments to entertain us.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

The Endurance Run, should run out. I would like to see a new features appear consistently, and then some time in the future, when the site has grown somewhat, and is stronger ultimately, the community should vote to make solid features of the site. Features that define the site and give it distinction from others. *hands up* I've been led here because of the emphasis on this site being heavily community driven. If I have not mystified myself, it's natural for me to hope for as much. Let the community have a role in proposing ideas, and make the process fun. We have game pages on this site that have impressed the staff on occassion, the same is certainly possible in respect to this also.

On a entirely different note, I've noticed how there's a vacant space on the bottom of the front page, and it has been bugging me..lol

I blame Dave Snider.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Pie

Brad is the only main player who hasnt done a feature yet......

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Milkman

We might have to actually play games instead of just talking about it. Crazy, I know.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By turboman

I think with the holiday season, there shouldn't be another endurance run until January or so(SO LONG AWAY!, but understandable) 

more video reviews and more stuff on games

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By penguindust

What fills the void?  Wall to wall videos of Dave...just Dave.  Dave showering, eating a cheese sandwich, playin' some Freespace, checking his Facebook page, feeding some birds in the park, shopping for breakfast cereal, watching the news, reading the phone book (aloud in funny voices), etc... That should get us all through the long doldrums of the holiday release season.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By natetodamax
@PenguinDust said:
Dave showering
What.
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By JoelTGM

the usual, game coverage, reviews, random videos and humiliation contests, and then of course the tuesday bombcast.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By AndrewB

There will just be a gap while they take a break. The extra time will be put towards other site content; most likely, that'll mean more time to actually play the games on their review dockett, and more time to write said reviews. Maybe more video reviews. Then eventually, they'll figure out another game that fits into the Endurance Run's MO.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Well it's coming up to the busy game season, with a tonne of new releases coming out, so for now there shouldn't be a need for new video features for now. And then it'll be their Game of The Year Awards, which will be awesome. After that, who knows. I'm sure they have something planned.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ververdan0226

I still maintain that Brad should have to do a Shenmue Endurance Run, 20 hours alone, by himself, in the office. Nobody's even allowed to be in the basement while he's playing it. Just him.

It will truly be a fascinating study of the human mind.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Black_Rose
@PenguinDust said:
" What fills the void?  Wall to wall videos of Dave...just Dave.  Dave showering, eating a cheese sandwich, playin' some Freespace, checking his Facebook page, feeding some birds in the park, shopping for breakfast cereal, watching the news, reading the phone book (aloud in funny voices), etc... That should get us all through the long doldrums of the holiday release season. "
I'd watch that
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By flaminghobo
@Sanj said:
"Also, TANG is nearing the end of it's list of movie games. That just leaves quicklooks...which are awesome, but i've been spoiled by having ER, TANG and QL shows available all at once."
Ryan is nowhere near done with TANG.
Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Seedofpower

I always enjoy a good Mailbag day.

harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By harrisonave

The return of TimeTrotters!

...Razor blade sharp, son.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19  Edited By damnboyadvance

Considering what's coming, I'd love to see gameplay marathons. 3 hours of live gameplay. That would be awesome.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#20  Edited By sjschmidt93

You really think they're going to run out of movie games?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By Video_Game_King

If they were to follow my advice, an Endurance Run of Devil Survivor. Somebody will stab a DS with their stylus just as an excuse to use the damn thing.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By m1k3

Ryan, Brad, Drew, or Dave should start their own endurance run

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ryanwho

I'd like the time they were previously using for the ER to be used for making more video reviews and quick looks.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By demonbear
@Black_Rose said:
" @PenguinDust said:
" What fills the void?  Wall to wall videos of Dave...just Dave.  Dave showering, eating a cheese sandwich, playin' some Freespace, checking his Facebook page, feeding some birds in the park, shopping for breakfast cereal, watching the news, reading the phone book (aloud in funny voices), etc... That should get us all through the long doldrums of the holiday release season. "
I'd watch that "
Me too.
metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25  Edited By metal_mills
@FlamingHobo said:
" @Sanj said:
"Also, TANG is nearing the end of it's list of movie games. That just leaves quicklooks...which are awesome, but i've been spoiled by having ER, TANG and QL shows available all at once."
Ryan is nowhere near done with TANG. "
Err, yeah he is. Far Cry is all that's left apart from obscure Japanese ones. After that it's just the odd one when they get released later on.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ryanwho
@Metal_Mills said:
" @FlamingHobo said:
" @Sanj said:
Err, yeah he is. Far Cry is all that's left apart from obscure Japanese ones. After that it's just the odd one when they get released later on. "
There's always anime.
Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By Origina1Penguin
@Pie said:
" Brad is the only main player who hasnt done a feature yet...... "
Didn't he do something for building a PC.  Agreed that I'd like to see more from him.  The Brad interviews are great though.

I'd like to see more Quick Looks and Quick Look Throwbacks.  QLs help me decide if I will like a game way more than a review.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ryanwho

Review throwbacks, too. I mean, I suppose Jeff and/or Vinny are fairly well equipped to review Persona 4 at this point.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c96a6e99d9e
deactivated-59c96a6e99d9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damswedon said:
" game season, september to about march "
Yeah. I'm gonna guess that we'll be seeing more reviews and video reviews than usual, considering all the new releases coming up.  

I wouldn't mind more behind the scenes/improv stuff to fill the gap b/t new video features, though.
s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By s-a-n-JR
@SJSchmidt93: 

Of course movies based on games will continue to be made, but as far as movies that Ryan can review now goes, the list is thin. Infact, i can only think of Far Cry and BloodRayne 2...there's also the odd Japanese movie like OneChanbara (which imo would make for a hilarious episode). Then there are the movies that have yet to be released like Tekken and the new Resident Evil...but it'll be a long long time before we see their TANGs.  

There is the possibility that Ryan may start reviewing anime movies based on games...in which case a whole new pool of possibilities would open up. E.g. the Street Fighter movies, the Pokemon movies etc :P  

But i have a feeling Ryan would sooner shoot himself than watch Pokemon.
vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31  Edited By vaiz

I agree with brooksee in that I'd definitely dig seeing them go back to a mix of quick looks and just sort of random 'Hey, this is what we do all day' videos..

shambles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By shambles

i would really like them to do some sort of video bombcast..a mix with them talking and clips or images of games or the random shite they talk about..... although that will most likely delay the bombcast till wednesday night.. ..  id be willing to wait for somthing like that... 
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#33  Edited By citizenkane

Well, they have a busy season of games coming up this Fall to cover.  As far as special segments/features, I am sure they will think of something and it will be awesome.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Black_Rose said:
" @PenguinDust said:
I'd watch that "
mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By mattbodega

I THINK THEY SHOULD POST A 4 HOUR VIDEO OF DAVE SNIDER BASHING TWO BRICKS TOGETHER.
Why? No reason.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryanwho said:
" Review throwbacks, too. I mean, I suppose Jeff and/or Vinny are fairly well equipped to review Persona 4 at this point. "
A persona review would be goddamn funny 
@FlamingHobo
said:
" @Sanj said:
they said at the pax panel he has 3 reviews left, one of which is House of the Dead 2 

I think Dave, Drew and Brad should do some kind of feature, whatever it is
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#37  Edited By rjayb89

More quick look throwbacks, maybe that Shenmue endurance run is all I can see from now on.  Apparently, this site is home over 50,000 social links.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By RHCPfan24

A plethora of video reviews and Quick Looks are always welcome, but I am sure they will think of something new to keep us entertained. That and there are a lot of games coming out soon. We may actually, you know, have to play them.  :O

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By s-a-n-JR

The adventures of Drew and Dave? Double D? DD day? D and Der? 

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40  Edited By RichardLOlson

I'm hoping there will be some more TANG episodes and some more gruff about shitty movies about games.