Whats Wii U's reception being like from GiantBomb staff?

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rebel_Scum

After watching the Fifa 13 and NSMB's U quick looks I got the impression they weren't too keen on the console or its controller. What were the impressions for other QL's for launch titles and who was vocal in the positives/negatives. I'm curious since I havn't watched all of them yet.

EDIT: Dammit I used the wrong "bean" in the title.

EDIT EDIT: "been" lol

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nightriff

They seem to be really disappointed in it and a lot of the decisions Nintendo has made over the console. Some criticism more deserving than others but they have also admitted that they have been pretty hard on it.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Wemibelle

Mostly, they feel pretty meh about it all. Load times are crazy bad and the lock-ups are pretty ridiculous (three total from the live show and Funky Barn QL).

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Bad.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By TruthTellah

@Rebel_Scum: Listen to Jeff's Jartime this week. He definitely seems to give the impression that they're not too hot on it. They definitely seem to think it will survive and even do fine, but they aren't particularly positive about whether it will appeal to them. Unfortunately, I have to share a similar impression of the Wii U; though, I do hope it gets some great games and does well in its own way.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Lukeweizer

Listen to the last 2 Podcasts.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By wjb

I think they're fair and honest about it. Zombi U seems cool and Brad and everyone else seemed pretty positive toward Nintendo Land (dat music), but the lock-ups and terrible load times are hard to ignore.

Also Funky Barn ain't funky.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Rebel_Scum

Thanks guys, yeah I'll give last weeks jar a go and those podcasts. I'm sure there are more positives but that'll probably happen when more games get released by the end of next year.