What's with all the Brad hating?

• 181 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lexxenwrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lexxenwrath

Perhaps I am the only one seeing this but it seems that there are a lot of "Brad suxorz!!11oneoneeleven" comments lately. Anyone else notice this? 

Personally I think that maybe we should show him the same respect that the other Giant Bomb staff show him (except possibly Ryan who seems to yell at Brad a lot in the ED but you can't really blame him, having to watch Deadly Premonition being played...)

(inb4 horrible trolling and Brad suxorz!1!!oneoneeleven)

jeff4moso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By jeff4moso

People are mad he didn't like Lost Planet 2.  God forbid he has a different opinion than some fan boys.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Lexxenwrath:  

• Brad dies alot during quick looks, which to some thoughtless people equals shitty skills 
  • Brad's Lost Planet 2 review made some people stir up some serious shit which ended in unfair bans and lots of heat.
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Brendan
@chicubs223420 said:
"People are mad he didn't like Lost Planet 2.  God forbid he has a different opinion than some fan boys. "

Kevin VenOrd hated LP 2 and gave it a 5.5, and he's also a good reviewer, so it's not as if Brad's alone out there.  It's weird that he seems to be taking the wrap from the fanboy's.
simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By simian

There's always been a certain amount of Brad-hate ("Brate"?) on the forums but I'm not sure why exactly.
Maybe because he uses big fancy words and people take offense to that uppity talk or because he's from the south.
Take you're pick really since it's all bullshit.

Now DAVE is motherfucker who's got to get got. Designing websites and backends.... Who does he think he is?

Khemitude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Khemitude
@simian said:
Now DAVE is motherfucker who's got to get got. Designing websites and backends.... Who does he think he is? "
You leave my Dave alone! there, there my little baby the mean mans gone now.

Yeah no idea about the Brad hate, yeah he dies alot but ive noticed in some of his more recent QL's he seems to be doing really well, take the lost planet 2 QL yeah he died a few times but the snipe kills really did seem like cheap deaths.
evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By evanbrau

Idiots think that being a games journalist means that you must have superhuman levels of skill at a game to fully get the best experience from it (protip: you don't) and rage. Brad dies a lot during quick looks so they just presume he is bad at games and thus bad at his job (protip: he isn't). Mostly it seems to be jealously as its usually MLG, "pro gamer", mad skillz types who say they are better equipped to be a games journalist because they have memorised de_dust over the last ten years (protip: they aren't).  The best tactic is to ignore people commenting on skill being equivalent to competency as a games journalist because it has absolutely no relation.

Also there was all the stupid bullshit over the Lost Planet 2 review and people not being able to comprehend that people have different opinions.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Jimbo

I do cringe whenever I see comments like that - and they're pretty common.  It's unfair, unwarranted and people should cut that shit out already.  He might not be happy-fun-time guy all the time like the others, but his work is just as good as anybody elses on this site.  Better in most cases.   

Attempting to bully somebody online - no doubt to try and make them feel better about themselves - just makes you look fucking pathetic in my eyes.  I'm sure Brad isn't phased by it at all; it's the people doing it that end up looking pathetic.

Broitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Broitman

I can't see what people have against him, it's not like he's antagonizing the other guys during the videos or podcasts or anything, in fact he seems to take the brunt of the abuse them as well.

ElegantRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By ElegantRuby

Brad is my hero.  No one insults my Brad and gets away with it.  NO ONE!!!!

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By gosukiller

Well, the Brad 'hate' started with people making fun of him dying alot in Quick Looks, which was harmless fun.

Then people started drawing conclusions about it, saying his opinions (READ: Reviews) about games weren't to be taken seriously, since he can't actually play games. Which is nonsense, I might add, these people have no idea how playing games for a job is like.

And the breaking point was probably Lost Planet 2. Head over to that forum if you want to know what that is all about.

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By EdIsCool

The comments on the endurance sometimes are pretty unacceptable.
I'm a committed member of team BR because for me the point of the Endurance Run is to fuse entertainment with obscure games. I dont really want to watch basement nerds with mad skillz play a bad game. Intelligent well educated guys, playing  an obscure game, F**king up, laughing. Its entertainment. Not to say VJ arent entertaining. The difference seems to be between people like me who laugh at Brad's mistakes, and people who they annoy .Brad's reviews are always well written and interesting, and he's always entertaining on the podcast or quick looks.

fishinwithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By fishinwithguns

If people actually "hate" Brad for dying in quick looks, then I assume they never get laid.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By fwylo

I like Brad.

Lexxenwrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lexxenwrath

Yeah I agree with all of you so far. I respect Brad's reviews because he seems like an average gamer and thus if he says that LP 2 isn't that great for reasons x,y,z then I will probably not like it. He is not super-gamer. We can't all be Jeff :) 

Not to say that when watching BR's ED my GF and I don't shout at the screen saying how much Brad sucks at DP but on the other hand I have never played it and probably never will because I know that like Brad I will probably fumble with the controls and end up hating the damn thing!

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Demyx

Brad is pretty awesome, no idea about the hate. Seems like a bunch of crap.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17  Edited By zyn

Haters gonna hate.  Brad FTW!

StillVictor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By StillVictor

Have you ever tried playing a game and talking to someone at the same time? I mean having a conversation, not just saying a couple of words. 

I'm married, hence I know a lot about that. Women don't understand that you can't pause an online multiplayer game. Anyway, when you start answering questions you make ridiculous mistakes in the game. I have lost FIFA matches for that sole reason.

Brad may not be great at games but you can't really judge his skills on the quicklooks.

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gosukiller
@EdIsCool said:
" The comments on the endurance sometimes are pretty unacceptable. I'm a committed member of team BR because for me the point of the Endurance Run is to fuse entertainment with obscure games. I dont really want to watch basement nerds with mad skillz play a bad game. Intelligent well educated guys, playing  an obscure game, F**king up, laughing. Its entertainment. Not to say VJ arent entertaining. The difference seems to be between people like me who laugh at Brad's mistakes, and people who they annoy .Brad's reviews are always well written and interesting, and he's always entertaining on the podcast or quick looks. "
I don't get how you can be a "member" of a ED team. I watch them both and love them equally. VJ for being a continuation of the good ol' P4 ED days and BR because ITS FUCKING BRAD AND ALSO RYAN!
EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EdIsCool
@gosukiller said:
" @EdIsCool said:
" The comments on the endurance sometimes are pretty unacceptable. I'm a committed member of team BR because for me the point of the Endurance Run is to fuse entertainment with obscure games. I dont really want to watch basement nerds with mad skillz play a bad game. Intelligent well educated guys, playing  an obscure game, F**king up, laughing. Its entertainment. Not to say VJ arent entertaining. The difference seems to be between people like me who laugh at Brad's mistakes, and people who they annoy .Brad's reviews are always well written and interesting, and he's always entertaining on the podcast or quick looks. "
I don't get how you can be a "member" of a ED team. I watch them both and love them equally. VJ for being a continuation of the good ol' P4 ED days and BR because ITS FUCKING BRAD AND ALSO RYAN! "
look through the comments on the ED. Theres a couple of idiots trying to stir up a Twiight style Team VJ v Team BR. Thats all I was referencing.
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Kazona

Brad actually kind of reminds me of myself. He seems shy and introvert at first, but once he's comfortable, he's just as open as anybody else. I like the dude. Could see myself hanging out with him at a pub.  

And the retards that say he can't play games should try taking his place. I'm certain that 9 out of 10 will either completely choke when they have to play and talk about a game at the same time, or they will die almost constantly.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fallen189

Brad seems like a very nice person, I don't understand it. Anytime I've had contact with him, he replies promptly and politely. People will always find something to complain about.

JasonDaPsycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23  Edited By JasonDaPsycho

I don't see the reason of hate.

He's just a journalist, not a pro gamer who makes money off being good at games.
As a matter of fact, I'm more interested in how flawed a game is than how good a game is (this can help determine how much I'll enjoy the game). He's harsh but he has his reasons.

I don't see the problem. Isn't it better to read a (possibly slightly above) average gamer's point of view?

danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24  Edited By danimal_furry

Brad can run circles around the knuckleheads that hate him. Basically, they are a jealous bunch. Because this is the internet, they can say whatever they want to without having to worry about a physical beatdown. People don't stick in the  video game review market for as long as Brad has, and become respected by developers and their fellow reviewers, by being total senseless idiots. He keeps his relative cool, he has fun, and he knows his stuff. That's totally opposite to the fanboys who flip out over anything minor that happens during a game, and their only friends are via gaming networks and internet chat rooms. Brad didn't just give LP2 a bad review, he gave his expert opinion. If people don't agree, this page is built to handle that. They can just write their own review. People that like the same games as them will follow those members. No need to be a hater.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By luce

Of all the reasons to hate Brad people chose the Lost Planet 2 review? Really?

How about that hypnotizing monotone voice he uses to take our women and turn straight men gay? FUCK THAT GUY

MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MrSnow

Brads my favourite. He's so bad at games you just want to mother him.

GoatStatik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By GoatStatik

Brad's alright in my book.

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By bhhawks78

Delusional fans of game X that probably sucks really bad was given  a score of Y by Brad, leading to said delusional fans masturbating with their own tears while they post shit.

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Scullinator

I was all about picking up LP2, buying into the hype of killing giant creatures.  It looked cool.  I remember enjoying the first one.  Reading Brads review made me take a closer look at the game before blindly going out and plunking down $60.  I downloaded the demos and got my killing giant monster fix.  The game is just not all that.  Brad may have not liked the game as much as the next guy but he helped me save some money.  Thanks Brad.  Keep up the good work.

Lexxenwrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lexxenwrath

Wow I think I opened up the floodgates of Brad lovin'. Here I thought I would get lots of haters, maybe my inb4 worked for once! Though it is still early...

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hourai

Really, I thought Giant Bomb was better than to freak out at Brad for his opinions on a game. Would you rather he just give high scores to everything to please the 14 year olds?

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

The only time I came anywhere close to hating Brad was back when he was whining about the wall ladies when it was his own fault.
Other than that though, it must be absolutely shocking to learn that someone has a different opinion than you,

plop1920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By plop1920

I like the guy! He's a great journalist and he seems like a great guy to be around, although it's fustrating watching him play sometimes.
CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CptBedlam
@Kazona said:
" Brad actually kind of reminds me of myself. He seems shy and introvert at first, but once he's comfortable, he's just as open as anybody else. I like the dude. Could see myself hanging out with him at a pub. "
Exactly the same for me.
LordMaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By LordMaiden

Lost Planet 2 is horrible.

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

I don't understand the hate either, sure he dies lots in his quick-looks but that's hardly a reason to hate a guy. Maybe it's because he's a fair amount quieter and laid back than the others.
Personally, I find his reviews to be the best written and just as good content wise as the others.
I guess fanboy's will find anything to rage about.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By Toxin066
@simian said:
" There's always been a certain amount of Brad-hate ("Brate"?) on the forums but I'm not sure why exactly. Maybe because he uses big fancy words and people take offense to that uppity talk or because he's from the south. Take you're pick really since it's all bullshit.   Now DAVE is motherfucker who's got to get got. Designing websites and backends.... Who does he think he is? "
This is probably the greatest post I've read all week.

I think people hate Brad out of jealousy for that sultry voice.
Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Semition

I wonder how long until the LP2 fanboys start flooding into this thread.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By eroticfishcake

It's just people complaining for various stupid reasons. Just ignore it.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ArchScabby

Because! Fuck Brad and his awesomeness!

Sinkwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#41  Edited By Sinkwater

I don't hate Brad, but he does get a little snobby at times.  He gives out a vibe on the Bombcast like he's too cool to be there.  That's just part of his personality I guess.

yani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By yani

There is some serious Bro-love in this thread.

I didn't get all the fuss with the LP2 review. Even if you disagree with Brad's review, that's no reason to personally insult the guy.  I personally like Demon souls but most of the staff didn't seem to give the game a chance.  I didn't start raving, I thought that's a shame, and went and got my ass kicked by the Flamelurker.

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By EdIsCool

Yup we've bro-duded this thread.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Scooper

I think Brad's one of the funniest mother effers around. I love listening to his commentary when he's riding shotgun on a quicklook or doing dumb stuff like that DSiXL video, that was really funny. It's only when he whines about stuff and isn't entuised about something, then it can sometimes be a bummer to watch. I know you can't be that enthuised about Deadly Premonition because the action in the game sucks.

Actualy to be fair he was more enthuised then I would ever be in that Prince of Persia quicklook, that game looks boring as shit so props to him for not being as dry as the sand monsters in the video, I know I would be.

I did think his LP2 review was very good though, I've played through the campaign co-op and I agree with it 100%.

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#45  Edited By Heartagram

I respect everyone that works at GB and I think they all are perfectly qualified to review a game.  

I really don't understand why people care what someone reviews something.  

If you like the game thats awesome, He didn't. 

Not everyone is going to like every game that you do.  

There are plenty of people who hate MW2 but it sells gang busters and i don't think that is because of review scores. 

Love ya brad hope these kids on the forums aren't getting you down too much.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#46  Edited By Yummylee

oh my gaaaawd look at you people with your ''staffellatio'' har har har!!

Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#48  Edited By Siphillis

I can't imagine why anyone would come to GiantBomb if they didn't appreciate the squad.  I think most of us are former GameSpot fans anyway.

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By EdIsCool

to a greater or lesser extent people came here because of K&L and the way it made very clear how much balls the big game sites suck.

uNeekS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By uNeekS

I think it's mostly down to jealousy, lets be honest for most people here the idea of playing games and reviewing them for a living is a pretty sweet deal.

I also seriously don't get why people would judge his skill by how he plays quick looks... Gaming while trying to hold a proper conversation is hard enough let alone talking about what you're doing and trying to make sense!