#1 Edited by NTM (7335 posts) -

What are your favorites? I hope, as always, this isn't considered spam. Nice quips from foes in a game can make it feel more badass I think, in others, it can make it more interesting. It was unfortunate to me going into Arkham City when it was somewhat similar to Conviction, yet no one swore at me. Also, I didn't notice it in the game, but there seems to be only one person doing the character sounds in Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Edit: Sorry, I messed something up when inserting another video.

#2 Posted by phrali (646 posts) -

rainbow six vegas.

"you killed marcello. people liked marcello."

my personal favorite - "GROW A PAIR OF BALLS"

#3 Posted by TheKramer89 (423 posts) -

I remember Dragon Age: Origins being particularly good in this regard, as well as others...

#4 Posted by huntad (1931 posts) -

I like the way Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect do chatter. Did KotoR do it in some way? I thought it did but I don't remember.

#5 Edited by eroticfishcake (7783 posts) -

The Thief series is really good at this. Actually, anything by Looking Glass Studios is since they've always got great sound design. Here's one of my favourites:

Here's hoping that Thief 4 has just as good banter. Doubtful, but I can hope.

#6 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

BIG BO WHERE U @

#7 Posted by GreggD (4487 posts) -

Marcus Fenix just saying "AW, COME ON!" over and over.

#8 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

A lot of games with Nolan North? I guess, I love listening to him being a dick to people. In Prince of Persia 08 he would constantly poke fun at Elika being fat and in Resonance of Fate he would make fun of the female protagonist's boob size/sexual orientation. Stuff always made me laugh no matter what.

#9 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

THAT WAS SWEEEEEET!

I like in Age of Empires 3 when you click on the prophet he has a really cocky smarmy "How can I help?" line because he's the most powerful unit in the game, then when you reach modern day, he becomes this homeless bum wearing a cardboard "THE END IS NIGH!!!" sign and he says "How can I help?" again, but in a sad, wheezing defeated way.

#10 Posted by BaneFireLord (2920 posts) -
#11 Posted by Captain_Insano (1535 posts) -

Batman: Arkham City has a good deal of solid and relevant chatter.

The Fable series was also pretty solid in some funny stuff going on.

#12 Posted by Nasar7 (2612 posts) -

Halo 1 had some pretty good lines from your fellow soldiers and the grunts ("I woulda been your daddy but the dog beat me over the fence!").

#13 Posted by eroticfishcake (7783 posts) -

@I_smell said:

THAT WAS SWEEEEEET! I like in Age of Empires 3 when you click on the prophet he has a really cocky smarmy "How can I help?" line because he's the most powerful unit in the game, then when you reach modern day, he becomes this homeless bum wearing a cardboard "THE END IS NIGH!!!" sign and he says "How can I help?" again, but in a sad, wheezing defeated way.

AoE 3? Don't you mean Empire Earth? Or did I play the wrong game?

#14 Posted by Jeust (10548 posts) -

The Uncharted chatter, both funny and interesting.

#15 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5816 posts) -

I liked the Zach/York conversations in Deadly Premonition

#16 Edited by I_smell (3925 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:

@I_smell said:

THAT WAS SWEEEEEET! I like in Age of Empires 3 when you click on the prophet he has a really cocky smarmy "How can I help?" line because he's the most powerful unit in the game, then when you reach modern day, he becomes this homeless bum wearing a cardboard "THE END IS NIGH!!!" sign and he says "How can I help?" again, but in a sad, wheezing defeated way.

AoE 3? Don't you mean Empire Earth? Or did I play the wrong game?

WOW you're right... this is really weird, cos I've only played about 2 PC games. I guess I completely forgot the name of that one even though I've installed it like 20 seperate times. What a goof.
#17 Posted by EuanDewar (4889 posts) -

"Imma kill your whole fuckin' generation" - The Don himself, Tony Yayo

#18 Posted by pekoe212 (442 posts) -

@eroticfishcake said:

The Thief series is really good at this. Actually, anything by Looking Glass Studios is since they've always got great sound design. Here's one of my favourites:

Here's hoping that Thief 4 has just as good banter. Doubtful, but I can hope.

That second one was fantastic! When the shouting turned to shrieking I thought WOW these guys are really going for it! Quality acting there. Hilarious ending. Gotta play those games again.

#19 Posted by ddensel (372 posts) -

Barry and Alan's banter in Alan Wake come to mind.

#20 Posted by eroticfishcake (7783 posts) -

@pekoe212: The overall voice acting was actually okay. It's really just the script that holds it up. Funny enough, the three best voiced characters in Thief 2, are voiced by the same guy (Stephen Russell) but you wouldn't even know unless someone told you. One of those characters is the dopey sounding officer in the top video (who's also in the Bear Pits video at the bottom). But yeah, great game if not one of the best.

#21 Posted by BeachThunder (11828 posts) -
#22 Posted by EVO (3890 posts) -

I love the quips in Uncharted's multiplayer, especially Sully's. It's hilarious just hearing a constant barrage of "GODDAMNIT" and "SHIT" from across the map.

#23 Posted by astrodoggy (145 posts) -

DO A BARREL ROLL!

#24 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1106 posts) -

Gears of War 2, when Carmine goes on about wearing a helmet, and Dom tells him that he would not be able to see snipers with one on.

#25 Posted by ShaggE (6415 posts) -

NOLF2 has some of my favorites.

And my least favorite goes to Borderlands, mostly because I played so much of it, and the enemies have so few lines. "YOU NEVER SHOULD HAVE COME HERE AND NOW YOU'RE GONNA PAY!" Whenever I'd enter an area I was too low level to survive, my first thought would always be "I never should have come here, and now I'm gonna pay..."

#26 Edited by TheCreamFilling (1225 posts) -

What do I look like, a fucking botanist?

#27 Posted by Centimani (550 posts) -

@eroticfishcake: Those were both awesome, thank you.