• 176 results
#1 Posted by CARL (55 posts) -

^ topic

acknowledge your fanboyism!

#2 Posted by DaveF (231 posts) -

Sony, because the PS3 is the only current gen system I have. I don't consider myself a Sony fanboy though, I'll probably get a 360 eventually and like it just as much.

#3 Posted by elliooo (293 posts) -

Neutral, because I like to think that I make informed decisions, rather than just going with whatever Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo are currently doing.

#4 Posted by Toseph (370 posts) -

Neutral beacuse If I had the money I'd buy all 3 consoles and I also have a gaming PC

#5 Posted by Axersia (1622 posts) -

Neutral, because I don't want to side with Sony just because the PS2 is my favorite console. Now if I actually liked the PS3 too, I would've picked Sony.

#6 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Neutral, because I'm a fan of all three companies, and will be acquiring a PS3 soon. (I have both a Wii and 360)

#7 Posted by CARL (55 posts) -

I do consider myself Neutral but If someone pointed a gun at my head then I'd pick Nintendo.

AND because I like the color RED :D

#8 Posted by Will (234 posts) -

Mines neutral because I try anything on any system. Plus its better to watch the console war instead of taking sides in it lol

#9 Posted by Guybrush (86 posts) -

Microsoft because I did it too fast - didn't realise there was a neutral. I do have a 360, PC and PS3 but do much prefer the 360. I should probably change to neutral - everybody wins.

#10 Posted by Gerbil (7 posts) -

Nintendo. I'm just a longtime fan of the creativity and quality Nintendo puts forth in their key franchises.

#11 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

PC, because I'm a PC fanboy plain and simple :P

#12 Posted by JDUB_XL (460 posts) -

Microsoft

I am no fanboy, I have all three systems,  I just love what the 360 console, XBOX Live, and XBLA have to offer

#13 Posted by Locke (330 posts) -

Neutral, because I own and occasionally enjoy all systems and their respective games.

#14 Posted by Xeros606 (545 posts) -

im aligned to m$ since the 360 is my only console. im not a fanboy though, its mainly because i cant afford a ps3 or a good gaming pc (i still play games on pc though, but nothing past 2003 lol).

#15 Posted by 10MP (311 posts) -

neutral but right now it doesn't really matter because the color doesn't show up in threads.

#16 Posted by Flexiable (98 posts) -

Microsoft - I don't consider myself a fanboy but most of my gaming happens on the 360 or the PC so that's how I came to that decision.

#17 Posted by Funkyhamster (93 posts) -

I like both my Gamecube and my PS2... but I have a lot more Gamecube games so I'll say I'm a sheep.

#18 Posted by Atlas (2457 posts) -

Microsoft, just because the 360 is the only current gen system I own and I love LOVE it.

#19 Posted by HipHopHitler (59 posts) -

Neutral - I like the games, not the gigantic corporations who just want your money =D

#20 Posted by Abunai (147 posts) -

I would label myself as neutral, mainly because I keep an open mind about all platforms.
Although I do play PC mostly, so you could call me a PC fanboy, but I don't instantly reject all other platforms as inferior because of it.

Secondly, i'd be a sony fanboy just because my late childhood and teenage years were spent on the PSX&PS2, which were great systems. Yet to buy a PS3 though.

#21 Posted by adam_grif (1144 posts) -

Chaotic Neutral. Might save your life, might steal your car.

Oh, you mean which console?

Oh, well, I chose Nintendo, because I used to be a huge Nintendo fanboy. But I own all current and last gen systems now, so I tend not to take sides as much anymore, acknowledge the strengths and weaknesses of all sides, and enjoy gaming for what it is.

My PC is only running with a 7600, so I've played stuff like Crysis and finished (and enjoyed), but my PC gaming is slowing recently until I upgrade.

#22 Posted by Lemieux66 (3 posts) -

Neutral...I'm a big loser.

#23 Posted by WizzyKid (259 posts) -

Neutral for me. Tough, the PC is my favourite platform when it comes to online gaming, graphics and First Person Shooters. Of course, it's topped off with my many hobbies which require a PC anyway.

#24 Posted by dum41 (26 posts) -

Neutral; I'm a fan of games, not a fanboy of consoles.

I really hate those fanboys that have no reason or rationality when it comes to arguments. But the fanboys that just really like their system but do accept others, I'm fine with.

#25 Posted by Cleric (286 posts) -

Neutral. I'm a 360 user planning to get a ps3 as soon as the 80GB hits the stores.

#26 Posted by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -

360 and PS3.

#27 Posted by DaveDog (57 posts) -
10MP said:
"neutral but right now it doesn't really matter because the color doesn't show up in threads.
"
is this true? would be awesome! i picked neutral btw. Only have a PS3 and PC but i like to think that im not bias
#28 Posted by Peewi (410 posts) -

Nintendo. The only consoles I own are a Wii and a DS (I have had a GBC and GBA before that).
I enjoy PC games, but my computer can't play anything more demanding than the games in The Orange Box.

#29 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4779 posts) -

Microsoft cause its the main system i play right now.

#30 Posted by adam_grif (1144 posts) -

Come on people, why the fanboy hate?

I'm fairly close to neutral, even though I selected Nintendo bias.

Choosing sides in the console wars and defending them even if it means being wrong in an argument is no different than supporting a football or soccer team, even if you know they aren't the best, or if they are going through a rough patch.

In fact, this is more logical than that, because videogames are a huge financial investment, watching TV football is not. You'll notice that the less the disposable income someone has, the more likely they are to be a fanboy. Fanboyism seems to be the result of an inability to buy all consoles usually (but not always).

#31 Posted by Orange_Pork (606 posts) -

Neutral. I don't care what piece of plastic is playing the games I love. I just want to play the games I love.

#32 Posted by ColumnBreaker (1164 posts) -

I chose the PC because it's my favorite platform to play games on, but I don't really care about platforms themselves other than the immediate experience I have with them, which would be the controls and I like precision, so PC it is.

#33 Edited by El_Suave (3 posts) -

I have all three systems but I like my PS3 the most, despite all its (and Sonys) faults. It's a great quality piece of hardware and the games are there, too. I don't get all this comparison crap about who has the better version of what game. A good game is a good game and a bad game is a bad game regardless on what system it's running on. Blu Ray movies are also a factor why I really enjoy the PS3 and the reason I got it in the first place. If I would have gotten it only for games I probably could have waited till MGS4.
Before I got the PS3 I liked my 360 a lot and still wouldn't give it away because as a gamer I can't miss out on 360 exclusives. Don't know if I'd replace it right away though if it breaks again and I'm out of warranty (had two RODs so far). It's a good system and I can understand anybody who doesn't see the need to get one of the other two.
The only system that dissappoints me a bit is the Wii - it has a few really awesome games but I was  hoping for it to be as good as the DS is. And that it isn't in my opinion. Still wouldn't give it away though because of Nintendo (and other) exclusives.

#34 Posted by dillonator (145 posts) -

Sony, based on the processing power of the system.

#35 Posted by Batman (1016 posts) -

I align myself with everything but the PC.  The PC is my sworn enemy.

#36 Posted by Galiant (2195 posts) -

I stick to neutral, as I play games across multiple platforms. "My console makes this game look better than your console" or "This game is exclusive to my console" discussions do not interest me.

#37 Posted by TheMikelGuereca (102 posts) -
dum41 said:
"Neutral; I'm a fan of games, not a fanboy of consoles.

I really hate those fanboys that have no reason or rationality when it comes to arguments. But the fanboys that just really like their system but do accept others, I'm fine with.
"Dude I totally agree with you

#38 Posted by Schizoid (1064 posts) -

Neutral. Even though I only have an Xbox 360 and PC, I've played both the Wii and Playstation 3 in the past, they are both great consoles. They all have their good points and bad points, but I've enjoyed playing every one.

#39 Posted by Manks (836 posts) -

Neutral because I have more than one system from each company and care about what each company has to say. I could care less about which game you play on which console.  We're all gamers here.  I hate fanboyism. 

#40 Posted by Jax (461 posts) -

PC because I started on PC - and will die on a pc.

#41 Posted by KillaMaStA (859 posts) -

The only consoles ive ever had are ps1, ps2 and ps3 so you can guess which fanboy i am

#42 Posted by Pakorn (183 posts) -
WilliamRLBaker said:
"Microsoft cause its the main system i play right now.
"
Same here - also I like to "Buy American."

Nah that's not really true, but I have no real interest in what Nintendo's doing right now, and Sony's got no exclusives that grab me. So I figure, be honest. Although if there were a PC selection I'd have picked that.
#43 Posted by CARL (55 posts) -
Xeros606 said:
"im aligned to m$ since the 360 is my only console. im not a fanboy though, its mainly because i cant afford a ps3 or a good gaming pc (i still play games on pc though, but nothing past 2003 lol).
"
Dude, they asked clearly "WHICH CONSOLE ARE YOU A FANBOY OF?" And you picked Microsoft, so its obvious your a fanboy. Just accept it :)
#44 Posted by Ben (31 posts) -

Microsoft (though honestly I should be Sony since I still haven't sent in my 360), mainly because it's been getting a nice supply of quality RPGs lately, and it looks to be having a great lineup in the future. I also loved my original Xbox.

#45 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -

microsoft i play it more then my nice pc.

#46 Posted by Callik (138 posts) -
Locke said:
"Neutral, because I own and occasionally enjoy all systems and their respective games."
This.

I'm a fanboy of gaming in all it's forms, although Nintendo are contesting that opinion somewhat.
#47 Posted by RowdyRob (206 posts) -
CARL said:
"I do consider myself Neutral but If someone pointed a gun at my head then I'd pick Nintendo.

AND because I like the color RED :D
"You pretty much took the words out of my mouth xD

#48 Posted by CountRockula (398 posts) -

Sony, because I loved my damn PS2, and I needed to buy a PS3 in order to play MGS4, God of War 3, and whatever Team Ico is working on.

I don't hate Microsoft and Nintendo or anything, but I don't wanna spend around $1000 on gaming hardware, and it's difficult to get excited about releases on platforms I don't own.

#49 Posted by Demilich (2598 posts) -

PC, for versatility. But I like my PS3 too.

#50 Posted by Isomac (58 posts) -

PC. I just use PC the most and get the multiplatform games for it. No hate against the other systems or companies. Also Neutral would have been too boring option to choose ;)