• 154 results
#1 Posted by Wakapeil (25 posts) -

Duders!

I just compiled a list of my craziest S-rank which made me question my sanity: (http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/wakapeil/my-craziest-s-ranks/46-67401/)

What is your craziest S-ranks and why? Is it you most difficult, most time consuming or just weird?

My one is definitely Civilization V. Just checked Steam and it tells me I have been playing it for 200 hours. It has some of the most difficult and repetitive achievments I've earned. Oh and there's 176 of them.

#2 Posted by Jadeskye (4359 posts) -

Final fantasy XIII for me. It's the one i get the most messages about.

#3 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9792 posts) -

I S-Ranked Deadly Premonition. It wasn't especially hard, but playing through that game three times certainly is crazy.

Also, I can't resist posting this song whenever I can.

#4 Posted by musclerider (564 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan: Never played the game but that song has been my cellphone ringtone since I first heard it on the ER.

#5 Edited by GunstarRed (4746 posts) -

After all these years nothing has come even close to Crackdown and the orbs/racing events. A runner up would be Cod 4 but that is based on one achievement thats really hard to get.

edit - yeah i will also add Borderlands to this, the initial 1000 is eaaaaasy but the Moxxi stuff is ridiculous.

#6 Edited by Chemin (630 posts) -

Borderlands, Demon's Souls, or Bayonetta (I never used the Climax Bracelet for anything - bought it after S-rank). Borderlands and Demon's Souls were mostly time-consuming. Bayonetta isn't nowhere near the hardest game I've played either, but I don't have that many other S-ranks to boast about, to be honest.

#7 Posted by Brians (1454 posts) -

I don't s rank

#8 Edited by JamesJeux007 (455 posts) -

You got Civ 5 AND Super Meat Boy ? You crazy crazy person !

I don't care about achievements/trophies anymore, but I when I used to, I S-ranked the original Call of Duty. This game... Dear god do I hate this game. The game itself is very good and enjoyable (if you play on easy) and almost all the achievements are story-related. But not only the difficulty achievements don't stack (you have to play the game 3 times) but the very hard difficulty will make you buy at least 3 new controllers and you'll want to stab yourself in the eye with a screwdriver out of frustration. It is INSANELY hard... and it takes FOREVER... AND THE EFFIN GAME CHEATS, THIS PIECE OF...

...Sorry about that xD But yeah,craziest S-rank for me.

#9 Posted by ozzdog12 (849 posts) -

Fallout 3, Dead Space 1, Assassins Creed 2,

#10 Posted by drowsap (676 posts) -

Its not to crazy But I S-Ranked N+ if You dont know what it is its like super meat boy but with a Ninja almost broke a paddel playing it lol

#11 Posted by locolukah (112 posts) -

I am most proud of Batman Arkham Asylum. If I can ever earn Employee of the Month in AC Brotherhood that will be crazy.

#12 Posted by Cincaid (2948 posts) -
#13 Posted by Jadeskye (4359 posts) -
#14 Posted by amir90 (2135 posts) -

I dunno, either Dead Space 1, Bayonetta or Kung Fu panda.

I have lots of A ranks though.

I wish I was good enough for DMC4 and Ninja Gaiden 2.

#15 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -
@Jadeskye: How in the hell did you do that.... I hit roughly mission 60 of it before saying 'fuck it'.
#16 Posted by bcjohnnie (442 posts) -

Noby Noby Boy...

Wasn't hard to get, but everything about that... game?... was crazy

#17 Edited by jayjonesjunior (1084 posts) -
#18 Posted by emem (1955 posts) -

Oh wow, I just saw how easy it is to S-Rank Super Meat Boy on the 360... I guess I would have an S-Rank on the 360 then. ;) I'm don't know how many people S-Ranked the PC version (can't be more than a hand full), but they are truly insane.

#19 Posted by InsidiousTuna (361 posts) -

I only have legitimate S-Ranks in AssCreed 2, Portal, and Portal 2. But I'm dangerously close to S-Ranks in AC:Brotherhood and Mass Effect 2, if that counts for anything. And I have over 1000 points in Red Dead Redemption, including 100% completion in both RDR and Undead Nightmare, but there's a lot of multiplayer achievements that they added that ensure I will never get an S-Rank in it.

#20 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Apparantly I've got 4 S-ranks? one of them is Pac-Man Championship Edition DX and that was the most fun to get, that's for sure. I have the Achievement Notification thingy turned off because I don't care about them at all. But Pac-Man was a kickass game so that's good.

#21 Posted by innacces14 (733 posts) -

I'd say the first Mass Effect. It ain't hard as much as it is a time consumer, but I managed to keep a couple of in-game choices in mind and take different routes with every run-through (6 runs).

#22 Posted by Gamer_152 (13977 posts) -

I've never been a huge completionist so I only have one S-rank, it's on 1 vs. 100. Maybe I'll get another S-rank or two some day.

#23 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6939 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 4. Goddammit why did I go after that Big Boss medal? Why?

#24 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

I have never 100% completed a game and gotten all the achievements because I am too lazy to. That being said, I have played some games more than once.

#25 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9792 posts) -

@Cincaid: You S-Ranked Game Room? You're even crazier than Jeff! How many hours did you have to spend with your 360 idling games to get those time spender medals?

#26 Posted by Cincaid (2948 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan: The funny part? You can't just leave the game idle since you have to move the stick once a minute otherwise the timer stops. Having both DP ERs running in the background helped at least.

#27 Posted by Flabbergastrate (270 posts) -

Ninety-Nine Nights. Assassin's Creed. Call of Duty 2. BC Rearmed 2. Shadows of the Damned. Resident Evil 4. All of these took longer than they should have.

#28 Posted by GilbertMordinAndSullivan (442 posts) -

Yeah, Super Meat Boy for me. Fuck you, The Kid.

#29 Posted by Vinny_Says (5632 posts) -

I'm thinking about writing a blog post about fallout New Vegas and the 75 achievements I had to complete & compare and contrast them with the S rank in Fallout 3

#30 Posted by JTB123 (1045 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden 2 or Vanquish, survival mode in NG2 was a monster before it was broken down, and the challenge mode in Vanquish was pretty rough, challenge 6 anyone? Jeeeeeez! 

#31 Posted by MetalBaofu (1278 posts) -

Picking from ones I have on Xbox that currently show up on here, I would probably have to say Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. Including PS3 games that aren't synced on here yet, I would say Hyperdimension Neptunia and Trinity: Souls of Zill'Ol.

#32 Edited by Maystack (898 posts) -

The first two Assassins Creeds and Eternal Sonata spring to mind. After the two playthroughs of ES, I never want to play it again/

#33 Edited by DeanoXD (607 posts) -

my 1750 in borderlands is the one i feel best about because i don't really try for 100% achievements in games as my list of games will show.

#34 Posted by TekZero (2638 posts) -

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway.

#35 Edited by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

Uhh....Time Pilot I guess cause getting to 2001 without losing a life was frustrating as hell....or maybe Serious Sam: The First Encounter....or maybe Super Meat Boy....or maybe I don't know.

#36 Posted by Aishan (1003 posts) -

Both 'Splosion Man and Ms. 'Splosion Man. Hardcore mode on those is insane.

#37 Edited by MayorFeedback (672 posts) -

I play too many games to spend the time S-ranking very many, but sometimes I'll pick one and focus on it over a long period of time. I just finished Fallout New Vegas this week, that's probably been the most fun.

Craziest? Probably The Saboteur. Or Just Cause 2. Craziest meaning most tedious.

Only two achievements away from a Rock Band 3 S-rank, actually... just the Pro Drums and Pro Guitar advanced trainer achievements to go. Which may not ever happen, but I'm working on it!

#38 Posted by RYNO9881 (625 posts) -

Batman: Arkham Asylum

#39 Posted by Vexxan (4600 posts) -

Trials HD.

#40 Posted by astonish (209 posts) -

Geometry Wars 1. But i had so much fun doing it. I have a lot of games I got close to S-Ranking but never did. Looking to S-rank the two mass effects before 3 comes out.

Props on Civ V and Trails HD ones. Those are crazy. I wonder if anyone ever S ranked SmashTV on Xbox.

#41 Posted by SPACETURTLE (1622 posts) -
@Wakapeil: WTF? You got Super Meat Boy S-rank?? You must be crazy.
#42 Posted by Adamsons (877 posts) -

What do you need for an S rank in SMB? I have all bandages / levels A+d. Missing hack levels.

#43 Posted by fetchfox (1163 posts) -

I don't really S-rank, but I have all trophies in Assassins Creed 2 and L.A. Noire (though not anymore because of the damn dlc). I guess we'll see about upcoming games, and perhaps Ico and Shadow of the Colossus that I'm currently playing. I've looked at their trophy list and some of it seems really hard...

#44 Posted by DarthOrange (3499 posts) -

No 360 or Steam but I have quite a few platinum trophies. In terms of frustration God of War 3 sticks out in my mind as does inFamous. Those damn blast shards!

#45 Posted by Seedofpower (3909 posts) -
#46 Posted by Xsheps (114 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan: I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite song in the galaxy.

#47 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

Fallout 3.  DLC and all.

#48 Posted by Wakapeil (25 posts) -

@SPACETURTLE: As emem already pointed out Super Meat Boy on 360 is way easier to S-rank than the PC version. Not that the 360 version is easy, it took me over a month to S-rank SMB after i finished the dark world

#49 Posted by GlenTennis (3143 posts) -

Well I've only got like, 6? S-Ranks, and the only one that was non-downloadable was Mass Effect 2.

So I guess that one.

#50 Edited by nywt (438 posts) -

While they weren't particularly hard, I am most proud of my S ranks in Dragon Age: Origins, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, and Mass Effect 2.