• 154 results
Hairy_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Hairy_Fish

Super Meat Boy. If not, Halo 3 maybe? Or 'Splosion Man.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By spaceturtle
@Wakapeil: Yeah, I figured it out right after posting. I'm at the PC and those achievements are freakin' brutal, but like you said 360 ain't exactly easy either. You still have my permission to be a golden god, sir. Personally I only got two S-ranks, one for Uncharted 2 and the second for something that is just really dumb.
jtmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By jtmosh

I've S-Ranked Super Meat Boy and Earth Defense Force 2017, those are probably my craziest. And, while it really isn't that hard to do, I've S-Ranked Arkham Asylum...twice.

Edit: Oh, and Dead Space 2. I guess that's kind of crazy.

Wakapeil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Wakapeil

@Cincaid: That is one looong list. Having only watched Jeff play Game Room I totally understand that's your craziest S-rank.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Cincaid

@Wakapeil: Hehe, thanks!

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56  Edited By xMP44x

I imagine my craziest S-Rank is either Call of Duty 2 or Call of Duty 4, since none of the others were really challenging.

GaZZuM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57  Edited By GaZZuM

Earth Defence Force 2017 is my "proudest", I guess, but S-Ranking Mass Effect 2 was the most fun, loved every second of that S-rank. Had it for resident Evil 5 then they kept throwing DLC at it. Twats, the lot of 'em!

Mike76x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By Mike76x

The Saboteur - Very time consuming destroying 1338 Nazi items scattered all over the maps.

Assassin's Creed - I never (ever) thought I would get this one done. I was using a checklist, and although I had everything checked off, I was still missing flags and templars. Somehow random wandering led me where I needed to be.

Mass Effect - Not hard because I maxed out my levels for the higher difficulties, but the 8-10 playthroughs and all that waiting in elevators...

Mass Effect 2 - The glitches in my insanity run, and that goddamn collector ship.

Dragon Age: Origins - Beating the Harvester on Hard with my warrior was impossible (it doesn't help that I can't strategize for shit). I still think the game let me win because it felt bad for me.

Right now I'm working on Gears of War 3, this will probably be the one that breaks me.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By OldGuy
The Saboteur: 1200+ guard towers, gun emplacments, rockets, radar trucks, etc., etc...

and... Borderlands (I hate you Moxxi)...

and (last)... Mafia II. I did post a hint with the rubberband and tape method that does work to drive 1000 miles... but I didn't use it... so I have heard all the songs in the game at least 4 times each...
Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Fear_the_Booboo

I would have Super Meat Boy if I played it on the Xbox and not the PC.

Damn Pc.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By tourgen

I did both Geometry Wars mostly just because I loved playing them so much, so why not. Bayonetta was fun too just because it was a different kind of crazy. I don't go out of my way usually to S-rank games. If they are great and I love playing replaying them I might take a shot at it. but probably not.

dystonym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By dystonym

The only meaningful S-Rank I have is Portal 2, and that wasn't particularly hard.

I'm currently working on Dead Island with only 3 achievements to go, and after that I'll get Borderlands. I have all the vanilla Borderlands achievements but the Moxxi stuff is just awful.

CrimsonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#63  Edited By CrimsonNoir

Probably COD4 because it was fun to S-rank. Something like the Mile High Club level gave you enough of a challenge without forcing you to be stupidly committed like Dead Rising achievements or GOW. I really don't want to have to drop an additional 100 hours on a game after I beat it or play 10,000 matches. That's not a challenge, that's just torture.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

I am proud to say that all of my S-ranks are accidental. I only go for achievements if they sound fun or seem like they would be cool, to witness.

BombaLuigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By BombaLuigi

F-Zero GX

yeah....

yeah, i know...

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By niamahai

Tomb Raider Anniversary. Holy mother of reloads for the time attack.

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Kandycane2029

Metal Gear Solid 2. COLLECT THOSE DOG TAGS, BITCH.

h0lgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By h0lgr

Skate 2.

It was motherfucking hard.

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Xtrememuffinman

Batman I guess? None of mine are too impressive.

Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Moody_yeti

Resident evil 5 ,The versus achievements....

Blerg.

dirkfunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72  Edited By dirkfunk

@Brians said:

I don't s rank

I have some easy ones. . . but most of the time I don't really care. I'll look at the achievements after I finish the game. If there are some that look fun, I'll get them.

The only game I felt compelled to S-Rank was Oblivion. . . and that's really just a time commitment. It's not necessarily skill based.

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#73  Edited By skyline7284

1 vs 100 simply because those achievements NO LONGER EXIST.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#74  Edited By alexl86

I dunno, the only S-ranks I have are Secret of Monkey Island, Oblivion, Soul Calibur IV and Batman. I guess the most time consuming is Oblivion, but none of them are particularly difficult.

IIGrayFoxII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By IIGrayFoxII

The question is your craziest S-Rank. I don't know why people include PS3 exclusives, PS2, or Gamecube games. Can't S-Rank a game not tracked on Giantbomb. Craziest thus far has been Dead Space 2. Hardcore mode is no joke. Though I really enjoyed S-Ranking Batman: Arkham Asylum and Mass Effect 2.

I think if you get and S-Rank on Fallout, Dragon Age or any Oblivion, that is crazy, that is a huge time commitment with all the DLC. Plus ridiculously hard games like Super Meat Boy are pretty impressive.

No Final Fantasy XI S-Ranks? That is the craziest one I believe to get it in.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#76  Edited By skrutop

I only have 9 S-ranks, and most of mine are really easy. Fallout 3 and Oblivion were really time-consuming. Shadow Complex took a lot of runs through to get to level 50, but was easy otherwise. Symphony of the Night, Bastion, Pac-Man CE, Pac-Man CE:DX, and the LEGO games were all really easy to get. The hardest one was probably Lost Odyssey. Finding every treasure in the game took a ton of backtracking.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ProfessorEss

It's a pretty easy S-Rank, but Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 was my craziest due to a bug that required restarting. We were at something like 87% when we restarted. 

Don't judge or ask why, my wife and I are just sort of fanatical about those Lego games for some reason.

Michaelblack18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Michaelblack18

I decided to get devil may cry recently since i have a ps2 laying about and s-ranked on a couple of missions in it on the hardest diiifuculty pure luck or just skill of knowing how to play devil may cry games? i also have a ps2 still laying about cuase i want to buy and beat persona 3 and 4 when i can find copies of them

my2k2zx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By my2k2zx2

I got all 1500 in Alan Wake and the DLC. I'm not sure why I loaded it back up to go thermos collecting. Replayed the game only to have 1 missing. Had to replay again to find that missing 1.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#80  Edited By skrutop

@ProfessorEss said:

It's a pretty easy S-Rank, but Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 was my craziest due to a bug that required restarting. We were at something like 87% when we restarted. Don't judge or ask why, my wife and I are just sort of fanatical about those Lego games for some reason.

I was at 97% and my save crapped out on me. Was so pissed I got rid of the game.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#81  Edited By weegieanawrench

The Simpsons Game or Call of Duty 2 for me. I had recently bought my xbox when I popped The Simpson in. I don't know what prompted me to get all the achievements for it, but I did have fun doing it. CoD 2 however, not so much.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ProfessorEss
@skrutop said:

@ProfessorEss said:

It's a pretty easy S-Rank, but Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 was my craziest due to a bug that required restarting. We were at something like 87% when we restarted. Don't judge or ask why, my wife and I are just sort of fanatical about those Lego games for some reason.

I was at 97% and my save crapped out on me. Was so pissed I got rid of the game.

I'd say you made the vastly more sensible decision. 
Still it was kind of interesting to re-play. Almost had a speed-run like feel to it.
laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By laserbolts
@Mike76x Seriously 3.0 scares me.
Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Rekt_Hed

I think in general s ranking a game is crazy enough. Ive only done it on a handfull of games where I actually can do it with the time I have to play games.

A lot of s ranks are more just about time rather than skill. If someone would like to showcase me they s ranked

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By lockwoodx

PC games don't give out "S" ranks, because you're playing a PC game.

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Rekt_Hed
@Rekt_Hed
I think in general s ranking a game is crazy enough. Ive only done it on a handfull of games where I actually can do it with the time I have to play games.

A lot of s ranks are more just about time rather than skill. If someone would like to showcase me they s ranked
Without HD Then I would be impressed :)
Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Rekt_Hed
@Rekt_Hed
@Rekt_Hed

Without HD Then I would be impressed :)
FUCKING WIPEOUT HD. GOD DAMN I HATE PREDICTIVE TXT ON MY PHONE
N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By N7

Terminator Salvation. We went to go rent something else, but it was out, so we decided "Yeah! Let's get this!". I had no idea the horror that awaited me. 12 trophies. 11 gold, one Platinum. The brokenist, lamest and most horriblest game ever.

I regret that game existing. I would die just to have that game removed from the world forever.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#89  Edited By godzilla_sushi

I have S-Ranks on Just Cause 1 and 2. Those are probably my favorite, because I enjoyed doing them.

Wakapeil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Wakapeil

@IIGrayFoxII: My definition of a S-rank is when you have all the achievment/trophies or have done 100% of all challenges/levels/collectibles in a game. For example I consider getting 120 Stars in Super Mario 64 an S-rank

bozosc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By bozosc

gears of war 2 was a little extreme to s rank so many hours of multiplayer

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By BlinkyTM

DeathSpank. :}

Wakapeil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Wakapeil

@N7: I played Terminator Salvation quite recently and did not have a bad time. Can't say I ran into many bugs but the load times where horrendous, especially when you died. I totally agree its not a 60$ game but I think I got my 15$ gaming value out of it. The mechanics felt old in a way that made me nostalgic and at the same time happy that games are not made like this anymore.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By N7
@Wakapeil: I'm actually a little surprised someone could have had fun with that game. Every single fight I had with that game was just broken. Broken to bonkers. Completely. That underground train tunnel sequence took me seven hours because I could NOT kill that flying ship enemy thing. Then I ran into a glitch where I couldn't kill anything. Then the enemies one-shot-kill'd me like a mother.

I had such a bad time with that game it is just totally bewildering that that someone could have enjoyed it enough for some sort of purchase to be justified, mostly because I cannot believe someone would have paid cash money for this product.

Congratulations. You DESERVE that Platinum/S-Rank.
rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By rawrz

Probably Assassin's Creed 1 since finding all those flags and Templars was tedious as fuck.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#96  Edited By Lemmycaution217

Probably Fallout 3. I haven't S-ranked that many crazy games.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Jack268

I don't have any S-ranks 

;_; 

I should go and grind out a few levels in Shadow Complex

jakob187

Forum Posts