• 143 results
#1 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1803 posts) -

You know, the one that you always turn on when there's nothing else to play. Mine's probably Skyrim right now, used to be Borderlands. I'm sure that will change when Borderlands 2 or SMNC come out, but until then Skyrim's got me pretty good.. So Giant Bomb community, what game are you spending most of your time with right now?

#2 Posted by AlexW00d (6189 posts) -
#3 Posted by Panpipe (472 posts) -

I'm cancelling my rental service because I'm only playing Skyrim.

#4 Posted by KamikazeCaterpillar (1179 posts) -

Forza 4. Whenever I need to pass a little time (less than an hour) I'll pop it in and do a few races,

#5 Posted by sub_o (843 posts) -

Saints Row the Third.

#6 Posted by Pezen (1565 posts) -

Battlefield 3, it's getting the same treatment MW2 did in that whenever I decide on some gaming, BF3 is the "warm up" game, that sometimes turn into the only game.

Followed close by EA MMA, Starcraft 2 and Star Trek Online.

#7 Edited by Hector (3356 posts) -

Magic: The Gathering. I play a game or two when I'm bored on PS3 or If I'm on my Mac I'll play Minecraft.

#8 Posted by MostlyBearded (191 posts) -

Super Street Fighter 4. You'd think with the amount of time I spend playing that game, I'd be decent at it by now...

#9 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1803 posts) -

Follow up question: what makes these games your go-to games? Is it anything you can pin down?

#10 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

Europa Universalis 3.

Used to be this up until recently, now it's either Minecraft or X3: Terran Conflict.

I love how much things can differ between campaigns, in my latest game Cornwall managed to conquer the entirety of Britain and much of mainland France.

#11 Posted by Marcsman (3125 posts) -

Skyrim.

#12 Posted by Fudge91 (199 posts) -

Mass Effect 2 making a perfect run so i'm ready for part 3, and also some skyrim in between.

#13 Posted by M_Shini (550 posts) -

Total shogun 2, i always end up starting a new campiagn sooner or later, i gusse its because its one of thos games that when you do finish a campiagn or compelte it it never feels like its the end since campiagns will always be completly different everytime i play it, and theres always a good feel to whats happening, from all the enemys,wars betrayals from clans, or alliance's, it makes me feel invested everytime on the journey to taking over Japan as a crazy Warlord.

#14 Posted by ProfessorEss (7281 posts) -

I haven't needed to whip it out in a while but when I do it's Just Cause 2.

#15 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2718 posts) -

Any GTA game.

#16 Posted by FreakAche (2950 posts) -

Skyrim

#17 Posted by Sayishere (1839 posts) -

WoW probably

or Binding of isaac

#18 Posted by Capum15 (4822 posts) -

Skyrim or Saints Row 3.

#19 Edited by Emperor_Jimmu (249 posts) -

Arma II:OA has taken about 50 hours from me for no apparent reason. Not really my sort of thing, but I got a bit obsessed with trying to understand it.

Before that it was Skyrim (which I still play for a few hours a week).

#20 Posted by Wacomole (815 posts) -

Since the release of Skyrim on 11.11.11, it's been almost literally the only video game I've played, save for a very few hours of the Battlefield 3 Karkand DLC and some Just Cause 2 (as it was on sale on PSN).

#21 Posted by Encephalon (1240 posts) -

Getting my Shepard ready to take down the Reapers in ME3. Been playing one mission a night for a week or so.

#22 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

I have a couple.

• Burnout Paradise.
  • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
#23 Posted by Emperor_Jimmu (249 posts) -

@KittyMeggerz: Have you played the Rise of the Samuri expansion? I got it on sale a while ago but haven't spent much time with it. It seemed much harder than the base game.

#24 Edited by light_grenade (124 posts) -

Mirror's Edge. Found that game quite relaxing to play.

#25 Posted by Shuborno (938 posts) -

At the moment, Gears of War 3.

I sucked at the old games and got frustrated with them, but something about the balance of this one (maybe improved matchmaking?) ensures I'm always having a good time, and every one of the many modes is fun.

Pre-Sept 2011 the answer would have been Team Fortress 2. I just don't have as much time with a PC these days.

#26 Posted by JTB123 (1046 posts) -

MK9 and Gears 3, can bounce between them very happily when I've got time to kill.

#27 Posted by Rehtayne (127 posts) -

Doom 2 has been my pick for years now.

#28 Posted by NickLott (793 posts) -

Since the Breaking Bad episode, I've found myself playing a lot of Geometry Wars Retro Evolved when I'm on the couch. The original, not even 2.

When I'm at the PC, I'm finding myself playing a lot of Binding of Isaac and Counter Strike Source lately. With CS, I'm tending to go into the meat grinder rooms of chaos and leveling.

#29 Posted by weegieanawrench (1935 posts) -

Battlefield 1943. Yeah people are still playing that. Almost every match I've played (during peak hours) in the past 2 weeks have been solid 9v9 - 12v12 matches. I usually do a full set (2 rounds on all 3 maps) and that chews up about an hour and a half.

#30 Posted by CookieMonster (2416 posts) -

FIFAAAAA

#31 Posted by Ubersmake (754 posts) -

Civ V. It's nice to be able to burn through time by taking a few turns in that game. Unfortunately, it's also too easy to burn through too much time by taking one more turn, every turn.

#32 Posted by JacDG (2114 posts) -

@CookieMonster said:

FIFAAAAA

I second this, Ultimate Team chew up most of my video game time, which is kind of sad, because I have a pretty significant backlog of games I need to play before SSX and Mass Effect 3 comes out.

#33 Posted by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

Starcraft 2

#34 Posted by uniform (1832 posts) -

Purble Place

#35 Posted by CountMacula (234 posts) -

I'm pretty busy these days, so Picross 3D is a perfect fit for my go-to game

#36 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

The Old Republic on my days off, and when I'm working and only have a few hours of free time a day it's usually TF2. Once Kingdoms of Amalure launches I think that will replace TF2 until I beat it.

#37 Posted by PenguinDust (12455 posts) -

Skyrim on the PC.

Gears 1 on the console. Not sure why except the past GOTY discussions rekindled my interest in the franchise. So, I dusted my copy off and started it up again.

#38 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

Recently it has been Skate 3, I just got the hang of it and man when everything started clicking in that game it was pure magic.

#39 Posted by WildFloyd (127 posts) -

@light_grenade said:

Mirror's Edge. Found that game quite relaxing to play.

That was mine for a long time too.

I'm rediscovering quake live at the moment so i guess its that asside from MW3

#40 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

@Pezen: Same here.

#41 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6187 posts) -

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike.

#42 Edited by believer258 (11677 posts) -

I actually had to think about this one for a minute. I can say that at the moment it's Modern Warfare 3 because it has so many different ways to play.

Want to play with other people? Multiplayer.

Just want to blast dudes in the face? Spec-Ops survival.

Want a good shooter single-player? Campaign (and before you start, I have beaten it and do like it enough to beat it again.

Want a challenge? Spec-Ops Missions

This "go-to game" changes every week, I'm thinking that it will be Saints Row 2 next, then Skyrim again, then something else. No wonder I've got so many unbeaten games.

EDIT: Also, when I'm just at my computer and don't feel like changing anything, it's KOTOR or Half-Life.

#43 Posted by ddensel (371 posts) -
#44 Posted by Hosstile17 (763 posts) -

Burnout Paradise

Halo Reach

Skylanders

Dark Souls

#45 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1234 posts) -

Dark Souls...

#46 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1463 posts) -

Audiosurf and Tetris. Though I've been putting a lot of time into Fallout: NV lately.

#47 Posted by malnourish (80 posts) -

SMNC and Civ 5 for me. I just got back into Civ 5 and I've installed some really game improving mods for it, much better now.

#48 Posted by laserbolts (5314 posts) -

Gears 3 they made prestiging possible so Im back into it again. Such a good game best multiplayer video game out right now for me.

#49 Posted by KontX (116 posts) -

Team Fortress 2

#50 Posted by punpun (232 posts) -

Monster Hunter. There's also this one roguelike I always seem to go back to called Dungeon Crawl.