• 181 results
#101 Posted by Bigheart711 (1252 posts) -

The Wii Remote.

#102 Posted by Feigr (186 posts) -

Mouse and keyboard for everything. I made the decision long ago to never consider any other input method to be superior because of my dedication to PC gaming.

#103 Posted by AbeTheGreatest (132 posts) -

For 3d games, the Xbox 360 controller, for 2d its the Snes controller

#104 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

I'm a fan of the N64 controllers, I loved the odd design and the button layout. I also found it cool how Nintendo released a ton of different colours, like 6 or so and then they released see through controllers. I have two grey ones and one red one, I feel a special

#105 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -
@Hizang
I'm a fan of the N64 controllers, I loved the odd design and the button layout. I also found it cool how Nintendo released a ton of different colours, like 6 or so and then they released see through controllers. I have two grey ones and one red one, I feel a special
Attachment to the red one, that's like my controller when I need to get down to business!
Sorry for two posts, mobile sites needs to let you edit or delete comments!
#106 Posted by DystopiaX (5296 posts) -

Mouse and keyboard.

#107 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Keyboard and mouse...classic.

#108 Posted by Cirdain (2998 posts) -
D-Pad, 2 Face Buttons, 2 Shoulder Buttons... Cant feel your legs after extensive use leaning forward while taking a large dump.. good time, Astro Boy: Omega Factor
#109 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Dual Shock 2/3.  360 is nice as well but FUCK that D-Pad.

#110 Posted by Nightriff (4929 posts) -

Instead of making a new thread I'll just revive this one, kinda becoming a hobby of mine

Favorite controller ever is the WaveBird, I think it is the perfect controller and was just plain comfortable which is the most important thing to me. I personally don't understand why people shit on the GC controllers when the generation before you have the N64 one...even though I like that one too but that is more nostalgia and I don't want to argue for it.

Second would be the S Controller. If they made a S controller for the 360 I would move back to the console. I prefer B and W over the bumpers still too this day.

#111 Posted by RazielCuts (2942 posts) -

@Galiant said:

The Playstation controller. Before that, the SNES controller. The Playstation controller felt like a logical step forward.

#112 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

The Gamecube controller is probably my favorite. Next would probably be the Playstation controller.

#113 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

NECROMANCER!!!!!1! As for the question, MKB 4 life!

#114 Posted by Hero_Swe (1115 posts) -

Duke. Best contoller ever.

#115 Posted by Jagged85 (128 posts) -

Nintendo 64

#116 Posted by Tobli (149 posts) -

My favorite is the dualshock 2, but the 360 controller is up there.

#117 Posted by DelroyLindo (387 posts) -

#118 Posted by Clonedzero (4093 posts) -

360 controller easily.

its just so damn comfortable.

SNES, NES, N64, ect. were all uncomfortable as fuck if you played for awhile. hell even the PS3 (and earlier playstation controllers) are too small imo.

#119 Posted by McLargepants (362 posts) -

The Dual Shock 3. Its comfortable, its got good buttons and d-pad, and good comfy analogue sticks. I like the 360 form factor the most, but the buttons on it feel "cheaper" to me, and I don't like the texture of the analogue sticks as much.

I do love the Duke though....

#120 Edited by MrCosmo (18 posts) -

The Duke. The only thing wrong with it was the placement of the black and white buttons. No other controller has fit in the hand so well for me.

I really hope Sony changes their controller for the next console. The dual-shock design is ergonomically abysmal.

#121 Posted by Hunter5024 (5555 posts) -

I love me a good dualshock, although I do wish it was just a little bigger, they should've given the boomerang a chance as well, and I hope they revisit the idea of a new ergonomic design for the PS4. Also I have the usual grumblings about R2 and L2, but I'm at least glad they don't break as easily as they did on the Dualshock 2. The silver sliding d pad controller for 360 is pretty good as well, but the bumpers are still garbage, the D-pad is still worse than the other two companies (but a lot better than it was before), and the damn battery pack on the back just makes holding it uncomfortable to me.

#122 Posted by Ezakael (917 posts) -

The Dualshock controllers are probably my favourite, but I also like the 360 controller.

#123 Posted by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -

Is it lame if I say it is a cross between the Xbox 360 and PS3 controller? If 360 controller had the same texture on the thumbsticks that the PS3 controller thumbsticks have and the d-pad of the PS3 controller then it would be the best controller.

#124 Posted by Strife777 (1504 posts) -

If it wasn't for the shitty d-pad (haven't tried the transforming one) I would probably say 360 controller. It has basically the perfect size and shape.

It's either that or the dualshock, but the latter feels too light and small after playing on the 360 for a while. The triggers are also not comparable.

#125 Posted by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -

Old thread, my anseer's changed since then, I've grown a love for the Dualshock 3, specifically the texture of the translucent blue one.

#126 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

PS3 dualshock.

#127 Posted by FrankieSpankie (228 posts) -

PS2 controller -- I tried using one of the original PSX controllers before they got the analog sticks and bigger shoulder buttons and the bottom of the hand grips were flat which I forgot about and just don't feel too natural.

I like the shoulder buttons more on the PS2 controllers than PS3 which is why that one gets my vote.

I never liked the XBox controllers just because of the bumper buttons. They feel like they're just kind of thrown on and don't feel natural using them at all. Aside from that, other than nostalgic purposes, I'm not sure why you'd vote the older controllers. They just weren't ever nearly as comfortable as controllers today.

#128 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1553 posts) -

360 controller with the swiveling D-Pad. I'm also partial to the Gamecube controller. I know, I know, that thing wasn't terrific, but I spent so much damn time playing Gamecube games when I was younger that I can't help but feel nostalgic about it.

#129 Posted by Stepside (508 posts) -

Dualshock for sure.

#130 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Probably the PS2 controller. I've used the dualshock for so long it just feels right. The PS3 controller would win, but it doesn't feel as sturdy as the PS2 one.

#131 Edited by Ben_H (3316 posts) -

SNES controller or perhaps the old Xbox small controller. I really liked the concept of the black and white buttons. 

Edit: Gamecube controller was no slouch. Sure it had fewer buttons than the other two consoles of the time but I still think the analog stick was  vastly superior.

#132 Posted by gla55jAw (2686 posts) -

I played on a DualShock for years and loved them (through the DualShock 2), but the 360 controller just feels so much better in my hands. The triggers really do it for me. Playing shooters, especially FPSs on a DualShock 3 feels awkward. Racing games too. I couldn't think of going back and using the Dualshock's 'X' as gas.

#133 Posted by Butano (1728 posts) -

The Duke. Made you feel like a beast just wielding it. Sure, the black and white buttons could've been placed better, but other than that, it was great controller for my hands.

#134 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Both current gen controllers are pretty good and have different strengths and weaknesses, even when it comes down to the triggers. PS3 triggers are best for driving games, but the 360 triggers are best for shooting games. If they just made current gen controllers single-hand devices that could be fully motion controllable, that'd be just about as close to perfection as one could get. 

I haven't tried the WiiU Pro controller yet, but I hear the drawback is that the sticks are placed too closely to the face buttons/d-pad, causing your thumb to accidentally hit them when you don't want to. However the fact that the sticks are above the face buttons/d-pad on both sides is definitely a step in the right direction, even if the execution might be off.

#135 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -
#136 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

XBOX 360 LE controller would be my favorite. PS3 controller feels way too light and flimsy, and isn't very ergonomic, especially for bigger hands.

I'm not including mouse and keyboard because I don't feel that is quite in the spirit of the thread.

#137 Posted by Blackout62 (1331 posts) -

The Gamester Phoenix for the PS2.

And then I went back to Dualshocks and realized that with near everyone saying their large hands are too big for the Dualshock means I'm apparently the only person with normal size hands perfect for the Dualshock.

#138 Posted by Fattony12000 (7097 posts) -
#139 Posted by Inquisitor_Sif (58 posts) -

Mouse and keyboard.

#140 Posted by Vextroid (1362 posts) -

Dualshock, Wavebird and Dreamcast controller all get my vote.

#141 Posted by Grillbar (1800 posts) -

overall mouse and keyboard if that counts. after that its some off brand ps1 controller but cant remember what its called. fit perfectly in my hands, was soft, and had build in fan coolers that actually worked decently.

the analog sticks on all the ps controllers has a tendency to do some damage to my middle fingers after some time where it digs in to the skin and makes a dent. granted its due to the fact that im holding it wrong but its feels even more wrong if i but my middle fingers on the R2/L2 buttons if its in games where i rarely use it, the snes and sega cd ones were not bad either. and i personally hated the n64 controller. everytime i used it i wanted to break it

#142 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

My Tournament Edition fighstick, by virtue of Raul Julia dust cover.

#143 Posted by Philedius (204 posts) -

I always had a thing for the N64 controller when I was younger but I hooked up my N64 a few weeks ago for the first time in a long time and I got to say, the controller didn't feel as hot as it used to feel. I really dislike the feel of the analog stick. So I guess the dualshock is my favourite controller now.

#144 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

We haven't really progressed past the general features of the Dualshock, so I'll vote for that.

#145 Posted by joemarch (25 posts) -

Gamecube so comfortable

#146 Posted by Berserker976 (324 posts) -

@Grillbar said:

overall mouse and keyboard if that counts. after that its some off brand ps1 controller but cant remember what its called. fit perfectly in my hands, was soft, and had build in fan coolers that actually worked decently.

the analog sticks on all the ps controllers has a tendency to do some damage to my middle fingers after some time where it digs in to the skin and makes a dent. granted its due to the fact that im holding it wrong but its feels even more wrong if i but my middle fingers on the R2/L2 buttons if its in games where i rarely use it, the snes and sega cd ones were not bad either. and i personally hated the n64 controller. everytime i used it i wanted to break it

How... how would you even DO that?? I've tried and I can't get my hands into a position where there's even a slight danger of that happening.

(My vote is for the Duke. LONG LIVE THE DUKE!)

#147 Posted by JoeyRavn (4949 posts) -

The 360 gamepad. I haven't tried any other controller that is as confortable to hold and use as it. I've used several DualShocks throughout the years, but I always get cramps in my hands after a few minutes of holding them. And the analog sticks are very oddly placed, if you ask me.

#148 Edited by Spaceyoghurt (159 posts) -

Hard choice, it's pretty much split between generations. I love the Xbox 360 controller, but the Sega Megadrive gamepad is also great. Before these, I have some really fond memories of playing on the Amiga with The Bug Joystick.

#149 Posted by VierasTalo (686 posts) -

The Duke, definately. It was the perfect shape for my hands. I also really liked the Gamecube one, but that C-stick was awful on the thumb.

#150 Posted by Butler (384 posts) -
SharkPad Pro 64